Old 06-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #16  
Citizen of the World

ALICE--Glad to have you back with us again. I, Unlike Candice, actually enjoy the process of moving. I don't have her pain problems and I just like the moving process. I like the hunt for the house, selling the old house, packing up all the stuff and finding just the right place for it in the new place. My friends call me goofy for feeling this way about moving. I like change and moving is an exciting change. I'll be interested to see how you like living in FL and hearing all your adventures.

Summer hit with a BANG! today--93. Luckily I didn't have any planting to do. Worked hard on Fri and Sat and just have a tiny bit left. The tomatoes are in and loving this heat. Supposed to be very stormy tonite and cooler again tomorrow.

CANDICE--We have not had any hail during our storms--just lots and lots of rain. Seems things got a little rough by the time the weather hit IL. I've not heard of the lily problem that you're having. Have you discoverd what it is yet?

I easily finished my book club book while at the cabin and began another. We only have one mower so DH used that. All I did was sweep the leaves and acorns off the deck and clean the outdoor chairs. We even ate out, something we rarely do up there. There aren't many good places from which to choose. It's a vacation area but not a resort area. Most vacationers stay in rented cabins and cook in.

I'm on my own for dinner tonite cuz DH and DS are golfing and eating out. I like Mondays!
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:04 AM   #17  

Talking

Good morning,

Candice, I don't know what the problem is with your lilies. Last summer we had some sort of bug that was eating them. They were hiding under their own p--p so it looked like a fungus. I took a sample to the local garden center, they told me what it was, and how to get rid of them. Are you able to take a sample to your local garden center so they can determine what the problem is?

Siwa, Good!! I'll give you directions to my house and you can do all the cleaning out and packing for me! We also have the furniture from our cottage stored here because we literally only had a matter of days to clean that out. I'm just looking at all the stuff and it seems overwhelming. DH is in the process of cleaning up all his machining stuff and once he gets the machines out of the garage, then we can get a lot of things piled in there from the cottage and house, and have a moving sale.

Barb, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, PA is the way we came home from FL the last couple of times. As a matter of fact, we stayed in Wilkes Barre. It's a very pretty area, lots of mountains and rolling hills. On Rte. 81, I believe, there is some lovely scenery. The highway is up in the mountains and you look out into the valleys. I imagine it must be breathtaking in the fall with all the colors. When do you think you'll be going?

Hi Ann

Have a great day everyone
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:04 PM   #18  
Member Florida Chick

Cool

Hi all:
Candice: baseball size hail sounds horrible. I'm sure it did a number on your car. Can you get the dents taken out? Hope you find out what is 'bugging' your lilies.

Siwa: Sounds like you had a productive weekend at camp. I'm not one who likes moving. It might be okay if one didn't have to deal with all the packing and getting rid of accumulated stuff.

Alice: Nice to hear from you. Glad you found just the right house. How long do you think you will be ready to move down here? Just where is Northport? In the Fort Myers area? Will your DH continue with his machine tooling down here. We used to drive Rt. 81 all the time, and spring, summer and fall the area is quite pretty, but in the winter it is like a place everyone forgot. So bare and bleak. I suppose it is partly because with the foliage all gone you can see all the slag piles, etc. from the coal mining.
I think you will like being a Florida Chick. good luck with all your packing and your moving sale. When we had our moving sale, we got enough to buy a lit of new things for our place down here.

Hi Barb, and Kate. Hope things are going well with you. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 06:49 AM   #19  

All six of the robin eggs hatched but the nest is sosfull they keep falling out and I iut them back in. She doesn't seem to mind that I touched them but I do not think theyare all getting enough to eat some are really tiny. I tried to take pictures but it is dark in the corner of the porch.

Help...I am terribly sunburned.....Mowed in the hot weather for 6 hours...had sun screen on but my legs and arms got it bad!!!!!!!!!! Since I am not usually up during daylight hours I ahve not been in the hot sun for years. (usually go out after 4) But I got DS off and decided to mow................and of couse I baked him choc chip cookies!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:26 PM   #20  

Talking

Hi,

Candice, so sorry about your sunburn. I know how you feel. I've gotten those kinds of burns throughout my childhood and they can really hurt. I honestly don't know what to tell you to do to relieve it. When I was a teenager we used to put Noxzema on sunburns and it helped a little. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ann, North Port is an hour's drive north of Ft Myers, and about a 1/2 hour's drive south of Sarasota. No, DH won't be machining. He says that he's done it for 20 yrs. and he'd like to try something else and he doesn't really care what. I will most likely be looking for a job too once we get all settled in. On this trip along Rte. 81 through PA into NY, we saw an awful lot of dead deer on the side of the road, and I do mean a lot. We were passing this small car when a deer ran out in front of the other car and the car hit the deer which was unavoidable. Luckily nobody was hurt in the other car, but the front end was damaged quite a bit. We were lucky too because the deer wasn't thrown onto our truck. It was a terrible thing to have happen.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening.
Alice
Old 06-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #21  
Hang In There

Hi everyone. I'm really getting into this graphic stuff. It's lots of fun and Candice, I'm not sure why, but I think this is something you would enjoy. So far all I've really gotten good at is copy and pasting the ones I find that I really like. One of these days I hope to be able to actually create my own.

I've forgotten what I talked about the last time I was here. Talking about the storms, did I tell all of you about the two plate glass windows of our business being blown out. It was really a big mess, but luckily not much damage was done. It was at night and no one was there. We were also without electricity for a couple of days.

Alice did your DH sell his machining machines? I agree a little bit with what SIWA said, I really enjoyed the somehow I lost more that half my post and this is all that's left maybe it was trying to tell me I'd been here long enough. Anyway DH is driving up from the grocery store. I need to help him put things up. Have a great weekend.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 05:00 AM   #22  

Ok Barb..so how did you get the graphic at the beginning of your post?

I have been taking baking soda baths to help with the sting and now the itch!!!!!

One of the baby birds jumped out of the nest and onto my head and got stuck in my hair!!!!!! then he pooped down the front of me....Yuck! I got him back in the nest (the whole time the mother was fussing at me )and he jumped out again, put him back again and he is out so out he stays. The momma bird like to fuss at my kitties that sit in the basement windows too.

Do any of you know how many steps it takes on a pedometer to = a mile?????? My stride is set at 14". I have two of them cause my WW one didn't seem to work right, it only counts half of the steps.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:13 PM   #23  
Hang In There

It's so easy and fun too. There are lots of graphics available on the internet thay you can use. You have to have a hosting site, and there are many many of those too. I use www.villagephotos.com but there are many. Anyway once you have your graphics saved to your hosting site, you just click on the icon here on the reply screen that is yellow and has a mountian on it. Once you click on it it brings up a "prompt box" and you paste the URL of your graphic. I usually center() mine so they are in the middle of the screen. I've really been having fun looking and saving different cuties that I like. You should try it. It's fun.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #24  

Thanks for the info Barb....I take it that you cannot direct link to a site..meaning you have to have a host site????????? I had a host site once and then they started charging for it so I let it go. It me forever to figure out how to store what I wanted on it too! Is the one you are at easy to use?

One robin left........mowed again, and been walking insde with my pedometer.

Subway wraps 3pts.....Yummmmmmm (if you get a 6 inch and substitute for the bread)

Last edited by Candicej; 06-15-2004 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:29 PM   #25  
Hang In There

No you can't direct link, that is frowned upon these days. Yes I think the one I use is very easy to use. I ended up paying about 6.95 a month so I could have a lot more space, but the free part is fine to start with.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:14 AM   #26  

Thanks Barb..no can you tell me how you get your name and grahic to appear everytime in your post without adding it each time..or do you add it everytime?

Pulled weeds today and found 4 baby kittens, one was dead and two were lifeless. I called the animal emergency clinic and they told me to bring them in the house and try to get some milk and syrup down them and right now they are sleeping soundly. They shoud be hungry around 5 or 6 again. Not sure if we are keeping them or taking them to the humane society for care and adoption. DH does not want any more cats, says 3 is enough. Still not sure if they will even make it, but I am trying.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #27  
Hang In There

Hey everybody, I heard from Berniece today. She said she couldn't find us and thought maybe we had disbanded. I told her we had moved, so maybe she'll drop in later.

Candice, I don't have time to answer your question right now, but I'll get back to you and tell you were it is.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:30 PM   #28  
Hang In There

Okay Candice, I'm back a whole day later, but I really didn't remember exactly where you did your signature stuff, but would you believe you do it where it says "edit signature" You go to the top of the forum and click on USER CP (Control Panel) and one of the first options on the left side of the screen is edit signature. Click on that option and it brings up a box that looks just like this one that we type our replys on and you do exactly what I said earlier. You have to have a host site, and chick on the "Picture" icon and paste the URL of you picture. I had made the signature type, color etc in a photo program and saved it as a picture. Hope that helps.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:35 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone, In case you guys have forgotten me, it's Bernice. I haven't been on the computer in a very long time and so much has happened since the last time I posted. If any of you remember we were on an intense hunt to find a house for the winter in Fla and last Dec we found a winner in Venice. Alice, you are going to be the next town over on Rt 41. We spent 5 months in Fla and it was just heavenly. We actually made the right choice and there was so much for us to do. The weather was sensational and I would just gloat sitting on the beach calling the kids who were freezing up north. Because it's a second home we actually moved in with just our clothes and had to purchase everything. We drove to Fla with the four dogs and they were great. I had company ( 8 groups) all winter and that was fine with me as all I did was make breakfast. We went out for all other meals. Unfortuneately the diet suffered and I gained 50lbs back. Started having blood pressure issues and so after a Dr change and a medication change I am feeling tons better. I also got real serious about dieting again and thus far lost 10 lbs. Can't wait for my clothes to fit again as I ate my way back to Lane Bryant. Didn't have a computer but we set up the Web TV but hubby hogged it so I just gave up on the thing. We are back in NJ and I have my computer back. I couldn't find you guys so I e-mailed Barb and she showed me the way. Hope you don't mind me jumping back in but I really need you all for moral support. Must lose this weight for the last time. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:24 AM   #30  

Thumbs up Welcome back Bernice!

Bernice, I know Venice very well. My late aunt lived there and I visited her quite often. She lived on S. Harbor Dr. heading towards Sharkeys Rest. What a small world! Venice is really beautiful. DH & I went to Venice looking for a house, but North Port is just starting to build up. We're practically going to be neighbors. Have you taken any of your dogs to the Venice dog beach? Glad that your back and looking forward to seeing your posts. I too have gained quite a bit of weight back that had lost a couple years ago while I was on WW. I am back to healthier eating, portion control, and walking. So far..so good. You will succeed.

Barb, DH would like to sell his machines and he has a potential buyer. We haven't heard from the person after repeated calls. So, I don't know if he is just on vacation or trying to blow us off.

Hi everyone

Alice