Old 05-18-2004, 07:34 PM   #31  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all!

I've been doing okay - considering I still have PMS and am having strange side effects from coming off one anti depressant and starting another.....I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

My new pills are making me a bit light headed , so I am not sure whether I should go to the gym - I don't want to faint and make a fool of myself! I've spent the last couple of days cleaning my house a bit at a time - I've still got lots to do, but at least it gets me moving a little bit. Here is an example of how poor I am at cleaning ....I hadn't vacuumed for so long that I had to spend over an hour cleaning the hoover as it was so filthy and dusty!! Talk about making things harder for myself!

Jaymi - I agree with everyone else - I think you should try to build up your calories a little and cut down on the exercise . Take the advice from the women in this group - Faye, Carri and Julie have all been at this a while and have lost alot of weight, so they know what they are talking about! The worst thing for your body is to go into 'starvation mode' as it will muck up your metabolism and make it really hard to lose weight. I think that is what I've done by gaining and losing the same 10lbs or so over 10 years! Stick with this group and you'll get all the support you need - no need to bottle thiings up here - it's cheaper than therapy, and there is alot of wisdom here!

Faye - I love your decorating - I LOVE sunflowers, so I love the border!

Carri - OK it's bugging me now - who is the band/singer in your new avatar?

Cat - A belated happy birthday to you - you have the same birthday as my little nephew Kai, who was 4!

Welcome back Jessica!

Keep up the good work everyone else

Love Amanda xxx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:02 PM   #32  

Height: 5 foot

Default Just peepin' In

Hi everyone

More people I havent met.... YAY!!

Hello to: SandyBrat!!!

Ok I'mma try to get your names right today....

Faye- You are just letting it all hang out That is just too funny. But unfortunately I've got cow utters too!!! You are still too hilarious! I have to wear like 3 bras because they hurt too bad, and they are sooo heavy, then when I take my bras off, they are sore!! I eat Healthy Choice dinners too! I think that's why my calories are kinda low.

SandyB- I'm Jaymi, a.k.a. the whiny baby of the group!! LOL Nice to meet you!! Let's switch hubbies then, I'll take yours and you take mine... Mine talks too much and when he does say something It's usually the wrong thing!

Carri- Sounds great...I need some sun too!!! My daughter doesnt though!!

Beth- I guess I'm just a straight weirdo!!! I'm the only person on here who actually likes fat free stuff!! Oh well, I only eat the f/f mayo, cheese, and salad dressing. You are right, the other stuff tastes better, but what the heck! I'll try the milk, I need the calcium anyway.. thanx!

Carri- Ok, I think I got your name right!! I swear I've never seen a weight watchers meal!!! Lean Michelina's have the points on them too! I love them the most, especially the spaghetti. I dont know really what points are good or bad, but the spaghetti one is 5 pts/280 calories.

Julie- I love splenda...I use that in my tea too...when I make it. I just use regular Lipton tea. Caffeine doesnt seem to have an affect on me unless it's the kind in the diet pills!! I could drink 2 cups of coffee and go right to sleep...trust me done it before!! Glad you're not stressed anymore too!!!

Well first I gotta tell ya about what happened a few minutes ago... Since you are the only friends I got You are the only ones I can tell...except for my hubby. I was out walking the puppy today and all of a sudden I looked and I saw the biggest and only aligator in my life!!! We live in some Golf villas and there is a lake behind our condo, I'd have to say 5 feet away or so. The people were just playing golf around it like it was a statue or something. I thought I had saw one the other day in the water but my hubby said it was probably a stick or something...Some Stick!! I flew in the house and got the video camera so I could zoom in to make sure...and It was in it's defensive mode with it's head up and mouth open...But they were just playing golf like oh whatever!! Crazy rich people! Then I looked in the water and saw what looked like little baby alligators. Good thing I dont let my kids play outside!!! I saw the "dont feed the alligator sign" but I still didnt think they'd actually be one out there!!!

Ok, since everyone seems to think that I look like my profile, I've been thinking about showing you all a pic of me now so you won't think I'm small!! But I only have one of me when I was my biggest!! I hate pictures of myself...really but I'll show you all because I know you wont laugh at me Too bad. One is of me at about 180 and one will be at 165.

Ok all, I will let you all go now. Talk with yaw'l later, If you want, let me know and I will put up a picture of the kids. Now I'm not embarrassed of them! Hope everyone has a good day!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning chickies!

Been a little on the crazy side here. I thought the other night I was going to have a breakdown. I think that my vacation is not going to come fast enough to suit me. I guess that this is Wednesday so I can voice my woe. So here goes....Last week I worked myself to death(only at one job this time)pulled 60 hours. To add to that Corey's meds are doing as well as they should or it is the excitement of school about to be over with. I can deal with the hyperactivity but when I am stressed out and tired I wish that he would just calm down his mouth. That is the one thing that comes with the ADHD that his meds don't slow down. Then to make matters worse yesterday one of my friends was going to bring her son over to play and then she called and said that she couldn't take him anymore and was going to sent him to spend the night. For some reason I seem to have a sign on my forhead that reads drop everyone off at Sandy's she doesn't need rest. Whenever I tell people no they go ahead and drop off kids anyway. I have been tempted to call child welfare and tell them that I have a child here that isn't suppose to be here get it back to its parents. But everyone knows that I am too soft hearted. Ok rambled on long enough.

Cat happy belated! Hope that you had a great birthday.

Faye, I like the boarder. The color isn't my favorite but you have done a wonderful job in redoing the room. I guess that I tend to stick to more softer colors on a wall.

Jaymi, you look good in those pics. I agree about more calories. The best peice of advice I was ever given was that your matoblism is like a fire and you have to fuel it correctly to loose wieght.

Everyone have a great day.

hugs
sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #34  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Woe away girls!!!!!

Jaymi: you are a beautiful young woman and stil DO NOT LOOK FAT! I understand the boob dilemna though!

Sandy: The reason I picked yellow is because I needed a change from blue for one thing. My homes have always been white walls because of renting and I swore when I moved I was going to COLOR COLOR COLOR and boy I did. The living room opens up into the kitchen so they are two shades of blue with the kitchen being one shade lighter, you saw the dining room, the hall is a lime green, the downstairs bath is 2 shades of aqua the hallway upstairs is a shade lighter of the yellow, our room is gray and red with one wall being gray and red striped, one bathroom is gray and red and the other one is lavender and beige, dh's office is cream walls and crimson trim (he is an Indiana U fan, which are their colors), my office is wallpapered completely with hot air balloons and in blue (this was my grandson's first room when he came home from the hospital, and my dd and I did the whole room while she was 8 months pregnant so I refuse to change it!) I really just love color and decorating and so have had fun with this. As for the kids, you need to NOT ANSWER THE DOOR WHEN THEY SHOW UP AFTER TELLING THEM NO! If they are rude enough to ignore what you say, then you should be rude enough to make a point otherwise like Dr Phil said, you pretty much deserve what you get. Get tough girl. You work too hard to have to put up with other people's kids all the time.

Amanda: Sorry you are feeling poorly. I know med changes of any kind can really screw with your body and head. You are doing great so just keep plugging away and when you can't go to the gym, do some good old fashioned stretching exercises at home or some weights, using canned goods or whatever if you don't have dumbbells.

I am working my way back down to 300 again. I have felt so lousy with the menopause stuff that my poor dh is worried sick, but I just have to suck it up and go on. I am down 4lbs since Monday so at least I am back on track. I did eat bread bread bread and not much else yesterday. Not for comfort food, but because I baked lowfat biscuits that I freeze for Jack's breakfast and yeast rolls for dinner last night. I still stayed under my cal and fat even with all the bread stuff but then that was breakfast and lunch and dinner I had a great lowfat stew which I am putting below. You have to try this as it is great and one pan and better than the other one I put up the other day.

Have a great day girls!

BEEF STEW PREHEAT OVEN TO 500 DEGREES

1 LB LEAN STEW CUBES
1 1/2 C FF OR LOWFAT CANNED BEEF BROTH
FLOUR
PAM
3 MEDIUM PEELED POTATOES CHUNK CUT
1 SMALL PACKAGE OF BABY CARROTS
1 CLOVE GARLIC CHOPPED
1 1/2 TEASPOON THYME

FLOUR BEEF CUBES, TAKE A STEW POT OR DUTCH OVEN PAN AND SPRAY WITH PAM, DROP IN CUBES, SPRAY TOP OF CUBES. PLACE POT IN OVEN FOR 20 MINUTES. REMOVE PAN FROM OVEN TO STOVE TOP AND POUR BROTH INTO PAN LOOSENING DRIPPINGS FROM BOTTOM OF PAN. STIR WELL AND ADD THYME AND GARLIC. COOK ON MEDIUM LOW HEAT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OR UNTIL MEAT IS TENDER. ADD ANOTHER CAN OF BROTH IF IT SEEMS DRY THEN ADD CARROTS AND POTATOES AND CONTINUE TO COOK FOR ABOUT 25 MINUTES UNTIL CARROTS AND POTATOES ARE TENDER.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #35  
Zookeeper

Hi all!

We caved in and turned on the A/C last night - the humidity was just killing me. We only turned it to 78, but it still seemed SO much better since the air was drier. Humidity was at 93% yesterday. YUCK!!

I'm a fan of the Healthy Choice dinners, too. The chicken parmesan is yummy, and they include veggies which I am not always good about cooking if it's up to me. I've been bringing measured portions of nuts as a snack for work since they're full of healthy fats and protien (plus almonds have some calcium) and keep me full longer than other snacks. I measure out 1/4 cup into a little tupperware container and throw it in my purse when I leave home.

I take a prenatal vitamin every day - I work in an OB/GYN office, so we always have samples that are about to expire. I also hope to conceive one of these months, but it's not happening as easily / quickly as I'd hoped. I guess that's my woe. Another TOM reared it's head this morning. I try to stay positive, thinking I can keep losing weight (hopefully, anyway!) until I finally do get pregnant.

Sandy - sounds typical that the sweetest people end up getting taken advantage of by others. I agree with Faye that you absolutely have the right to refuse to give in to other people's rudeness and pushiness. I send you thoughts of strength against the advantage-takers!!

Faye - I adore fresh bread! That and pasta, which is why I have never stayed on any type of low carb diet. I'd rather be able to enjoy foods I love in little portions.

Jaymi - an alligator! Wow! I can't imagine what I'd do if I just ran into one. Of course, I live in Ohio, so it would be REALLY surprising up here! I agree with everyone that you look lovely, and are too hard on yourself (like many of us, of course).

Amanda - I hope your new med works out for you. It took me a while (years) to find what works for me, and it ended up being a combination of 2 meds. I didn't like the idea of taking 2, but it ended up being worth it for how much better I feel. One of the ones I tried made me REALLY dizzy, and I ended up stopping it for a lot of reasons, but theoretically the dizziness should get better with some time.

Have a great day!
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:02 AM   #36  

Morning Lovelies!

Hey Jaymie, You Look MAAHHVELOUS, Dahling! What a beautiful smile you have. Stick with us, kiddo, and we'll help you get to where you want to be I saw an alligator once when I was in South Carolina.........scary. Then again, I'm not exactly a reptile lover!!! I freak out at the little garter snakes we have around here.

Well, I had a 3 pointer yesterday. It rained all day and was quite cold, so I didn't end up with any exercise. I know, lame excuse! But I've already walked today and have dance class tonight......so today should be a 4 pointer.

Don't really have any woes today......just trying to get life back to normal.

Sandy---do you trust these "friends" of yours enough to just drop your kids off for the night? Cuz that might just open their eyes a little. Unfortunately, I don't trust many people to care for my kids the way I would... Hope your work schedule calms down a bit this week

Amanda--keep the faith, babe....we're all behind you and you're doing great! Switching meds can be a real pain.....that's how I ended up with all 3 of my kids!!

Faye, that recipe looks yummy!

Well, guess I gotta fly........Everyone have a great day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:24 AM   #37  
It is what it is...

Morning All, Weds Woes would be that the little ants have returned to my kitchen for the summer, I got this last summer and I put out all these traps and it seemed to help some, anybody ever had this problem? If so what did you do about it? I may have had this same woe last week, who knows, it is "bugging" me, literally

Faye - Funny about the boobs, I have lost alot of mine, I think the 35 pounds that I have lost have been all boobs, and my dh is not happy about it...but what I like is mine are not sagging as much anymore and seem to be perking up so I like that....

Amanda - BTW, it is David Gahan from Depeche Mode, my all time favorite band, I couldnt figure out how to do it so my dh did and this is what he came up with, I like it...the man is gorgeous ( and of course so is my dh )

Jaymi - I thought your pictures looked great, I wish I was at your size!!!

Zookeeper - You say you "caved" and turned on the A/C? Oh it has been so hot here that we have had ours on for a while, once that humidity kicks in I cannot stand it, I have to have it on...

Well everyone have a good day, talk later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #38  

Height: 5 foot

Default Morning all :)

Hi everyone!!

Ok I'm gonna try to keep this short...well my version of short anyway,. so that i can get ready to go to my son's school for the picnic lunch. Dreading it a little. Does anyone else feel like they don't belong around everyone else? We popped in at the school carnival last week and we felt like outcasts. Ok so I know we've only been here since January, but sheesh!!

Ok, No woes today... got out all my woes today in my journal, so I'm going to go for a record no complaining today!!

Ok forgot names already so, work on it later....

Satine- Thanks for the compliment, hey just think, when I started I was 200 pounds, so you will be my size soon!!! Ants....hate em' I just spray everything with ant spray!!! Not a good suggestion, but that's what I do!!

Julie- Thanks! The funny thing is I wasnt scared to death of the alligator, but if a little lizard walks by I freak out!!! That's where I am SC.

ZooKeeper- The part of Tx I'm from humidity would be 100% almost everyday during summer and it's about 98% here in SC. Doesnt bother me much because the air is always on!! Even in the winter some times!! Hey I tell my husband, yeah the lightbill might be high, but you are just gonna have to pay it. He's not gonna have me stuck in here with some kids sweating my butt off!!! I like the chicken parmes...too lol. I also like the chicken margerita. But I'm kind of tired of it right now.

Faye- Thankx alot, but you are not the first person that has said I wasnt fat. But that's not what my size 16 jeans say...or my cellulite and stretch marks!!! Dont seem like grossing you out would be easy though!!! But hey, if that would go away...the heck with the weight!! Gonna try that recipe, do you know approx calories?

Sandy- I agree with Faye. DONT Answer the door!! I've done it!! I can be a real meany when I want to, but hey I can barely stay sane with my own kids....I have retired from babysitting ANYONE!!! You might just have to go off on them!! Seriously they drop off their kids and think, we'll she's not going to say anything. So you tell them.. who cares they'll get over it. And if not....they werent your real friends anyway because one friend shouldnt expect another to babysit their kids. If you ask for their kids to come over, then that's different.

Amanda- sorry missed your post yesterday. You should definately take it easy right now. Pills can make you crazy and give you all types of side affects....just ask my Birth control pills I've ditched. Things will get better soon, and you can also do exercises at home. Do floor exercises so that if you feel faint, you'll already be on the floor!! That's what I do!!

Ok this is my short version, now I gotta go shower and get me and baby dressed for the freakin picnic!! I havent even eaten breakfast yet.....
I know I know baaaad girl. But I was so upset this morning, so not hungry. Well i'll check back later.. hope everyone's day goes well. Bye All!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:11 AM   #39  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Default More...coffee...needed....now....

Morning Chickies!

I'm new to this thread, so hello!! I'm new to this boring big suburb, and need to make friends...but I am very shy since I've put on the chubbies. Any suggestions on what I can do to make friends? I've moved around a lot when I was a kid, but I never had a problem making friends...it would just happen. As a young married mother, it's a little more difficult. Any ideas??

Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:12 AM   #40  

Hi All, Sorry I've not been around for a while. I'll be trying to get back on track in the next few days. The end of term is comming though so its not goint to be easy. My Woe is that I'm worried about what I'm going to do over the summer. I'll have very little control over what I'll be eating because I'll be living in my parent's house most of the time and I will no longer have access to a gym. I guess I'll just have to be doubly determined...I did manage to lose some weight last summer uner the same circumstances.
I'm a little dissappointed in myself. I weigh about what I did in december. I feel like I've waisted 4 months. I used the last month taking off what I had GAINed in that time and have made no real positive progress.

Anyway - Happy Belated Birthday Cat!!!!!!!!!!
Great Pic Jaymi!
You too julie!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:55 AM   #41  

Woohoo, I am done with the housecleaning! Doesn't mean I will relax. I told dh the other night there is one thing no one can say about me is that I am lazy and a couch potato. Just for example, I had everything done but vacuuming living room rug and I had like the pets dishes and rugs from the kitchen on the living room rug waiting for the floor to dry. Perfect time to sit down and catch a breather and drink a glass of water right???? I sat down alright, took one sip of water, got up, vacuumed the rug and moved the kitchen rugs and then put them back down again. Now all I can think about is getting out in this heat and getting a walk in for the day. Sheesh, I am totally screwed up!

Hello to our newest member, Sarah! It is great to meet you and we have a real variety of ages, sahm, working moms, sahgm (me!) etc etc. As for needing to make friends, first off you have to be a friend to have friends so I would suggest a couple things. If you have little ones at home, check into reading days at your local library, play groups you might get into, volunteer at a hospital, shelter or what not, at your kids school if they are in school. I am NOT shy so I don't know what it is like actually, but you can make lots of friends a lot of places. Go to the park with the kids and sit down next to another mother and strike up a conversation about which ones are her kids, etc. DO NOT BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SIZE. You have to stand proudly, stick that chin out and know there is nothing wrong with your size. We are glad you come here and feel free to join into anything we have going. If you look at the very first post, you will see what I mean. We have quarterly challenges where you can win a $30 gift card, there are points each day for staying on whatever weight loss program you use, drinking your water for the day, exercising, etc. You can ask any questions here and we will try and answer them for you.

Susan: Listen sweety, you MUST and I repeat MUST set your mind to the fact that you will be SUCCESSFUL over the summer otherwise you are doomed! Our minds are probably our best and worst weight loss tool. If you have already started stressing over food, exercise and such, you can't possibly be successful. Make a commitment today that you are going to find a way to exercise everyday, walk if you have to, that you are going to eat properly and JUST SAY NO! I know you can do it!

Jaymi: I think the recipe feeds 4 and is only about 200 cal per serving. You can add other veggies if you like, my dh just is not a veggie eat so I only put in potatoes and carrots.

I guess I better get off my behind and get out and walk or it will be so hot I won't be able to.

Faye
Old 05-19-2004, 12:27 PM   #42  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Faye, Thank you for the suggestions. You had some real great ideas. I am thinking about joining a church anyhow so maybe I can get over the shy stuff and meet people. $30 gift card sounds pretty enticing!!

Susan, I am originally from Portland, moved to Seattle now in Dallas. I completely understand about gaining what weight I lost. I used to be 70 lbs. thinner and had been way overweight before that. I had went from 198 to 150 now I'm well past 200. Keep your spirits up and realize most of us here have been through what you're going through.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!

Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:10 PM   #43  

Thanks for the encouragement!
And Welcome Sarah! I think we were posting at the same time earlier so I didn't get to welcome you then. I live in Corvallis currently for school, but I lived in a couple of the southern Portland suburbs most of my life. And I was born in TX...guess we've just switched places! (I'm not from TX though...my father just had a job there for a few years)
Hope all of you are well.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:26 PM   #44  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Looks like my B/D turned into a 3 day event HELP! thought i'd be back on track yesterday but i was'nt i've got to be today start nagging girls

Jaymi, bring on the pics you look great in all of them!

Susan, chin up! If you weigh the same as you did in December then you HAVE MADE PROGRESS because you've at least stopped gaining i'm sure you'll be able to eat good food at your parents won't you? and if you're worried about not getting to a gym you could always go for a walk after dinner or even a jog. I'm sure you'll do fine

Hi Sarah welcome to the thread

Last edited by cat90; 05-19-2004 at 01:31 PM.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #45  

Sarah: My husband has family that live in Dallas and Mineral Wells. I love it there and wanted to live there when my dh retired from the military, but dh wanted to live in my home town so that is where we went. We were in Dallas with our dd and dgs 2 years ago and went to that place outside of Dallas called Fossil Ridge or Fossil something and the wild animals all roam free and you drive through the place. It was the coolest thing we have ever done and I have this great pic of this gazelle like animal coming up to the car and sticking his head in the window to get a good look at my grandson! I really love the Dallas area. We had a great time down in Forth Worth at the stockyards too. Gosh, I should be whipped with a wet noodle for not suggesting church, but so many people don't want that talked about. You can find the best friends there. I know we have friends all over the country we met in churches wherever we were stationed and when you are in trouble, they are the ones that come to your aid. I saw on your profile that you are a scrapbooker. Me, too, I actually have 7 going all at once. If you want something that is cool, start a weight loss scrapbook. I am pming you my website. go there and it has a link to my scrapbook pages (I am woefully behind I am afraid! I have been working on the house too much)

Have a good afternoon ladies. Tonight is Chicken Rice casserole and here is that recipe for those of you who are interested.

CHICKEN CHEESE RICE BAKE
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup uncooked rice
1 can ff or lowfat cream of chicken soup
1 cup water
1/2 cup velvetta lite and 2 tablespoons skim or 1% milk (melted)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
paprika

preheat oven to 375, mix water, rice, soup together and place rice mixture in a 3 qt baking dish sprayed with Pam and place chicken on top of the rice. Melt velvetta and milk together and stir until smooth, pour melted velvetta over chickent and sprinkle with paprinka and bread crumbs. Bake for one hour, remove chicken, stir rice before serving. This one is really good and pretty low fat about 325 calories per serving and it serves 4

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-19-2004 at 01:37 PM.