Old 05-01-2004, 10:57 AM   #16  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Michelle,
YOU snuck in on me!

Is ribeye allowed on South Beach. I can't remember but I do know that red meat is high in fat. ???? :confused:
I know what you mean about posing so you look smaller.......lol
Thats ME ME ME!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:01 AM   #17  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello this morning.

More bad news. My Mom's brother isn't doing well. They found a brain tumor about a month ago and removed as much as they could and then started kemo. Now he's in intensive care and isn't expected to make it. Just what my Mother needs. He's in his early 70's...so I'll have to take her to the hospital to visit him one last time...I'm no good at that...I ball like a blubbering idiot. I feel bad for my aunt too because she lost her mother while my Uncle was in the hospital the first time.

I have online banking but you have to look at it EVERY DAY you know!! I found an alert system on there that will shoot me an email when the balance is below $100.00 so that should help. I look at my email several times a day.

Welcome favpairofbluejeans...I have 2 boys who will be 3 and 1 shortly and want to lose about 70 lbs...AGAIN...and keep it off forever this time. I'm following Dr Phil.

Well, I have to get the boys in the bath...we have a birthday party this evening to attend.

Hi to all...I'll talk to you later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!
I'm just in and out of here today as I pick up the house.

Geri so sorry to hear about your uncle. Your mom is losing alot of people right now, I'm so glad she has you to lean on. Enjoy the party tonight, you need something to keep your spirits up!
Penny, I really hope SB works for you! You sound very excited about it again and that is great! Just think it's only May 1st so you still have plenty of time to get lots of weight off before summer is over! Hang in there this time!!
Michelle I know what you mean about practice poses. I do them too! Not for my face so much but for my belly. I know just how to turn my body and suck in so I appear to have a smaller, flatter stomach. but when I sit down it's all a big roll, lol. I will go check out your profile. That's funny about the 5 min room recues, that is what I am doing today. Hitting my hot spots, like the top of my microwave oven and bakers rack and then next I'm cleanout my linen closet so all my clean folded towels can actually FIT in there, lol.
Cindi sounds like a shopping trip is in your future! Congrats on the baggy jeans!!

Well just popped in and now I'm out so TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:12 PM   #19  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Geri,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom ;( Poor thing
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. I know what you mean about not being able to handle that kind of stuff. And I never know what to say

Spryng,
Just wanted to say congrats again for being under goal You are doing awesome!!!!!
I hope by the end of the year I will be going you in maintenance. I know what you mean about not being able to not have carbs for the rest of my life so I decided that I need one day a week to splurge (kindof like flex points) so that way I can still have something I want but I will be chooser about it knowing it is only once a week.

And my weigh in day being on Sunday now I couldn't be as tempted over the weekend

Have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:51 PM   #20  

Penny I think a one day splurge is a great idea! That is what I do when DH is home. I don't really count pts and eat what I want and it usually effects me just fine. Only once or twice did I have a slight gain but it was back off by that next week. They say as long as you are OP 80% of the time you will succeed! And that is what I try to do. But I think you are going to do great this time around. Sounds like you have a solid plan and I can't wait until you and the others are joining me in maintaining our weight! What will we talk about then? LOL.
Ok, kids are down for a nap and I'm beat so I'll chat with you all later!
Old 05-01-2004, 03:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!!

Now is lunch time I'm having 2 cups of salad greens with 2 tblspn shredded lf cheese and 1.5 tblspn tuna 3 medium mushrooms and two medium broccoli florets with 2 tblspn lite italian dressing. So that should be a good lunch and then after I am finished eating I'm gonna try to do the 1 mile easy walk and get a little extra exercise in for today.

Penny - I just checked the SBD good fats good carbs guide and it said that we can have rib eye but to keep it limited and since it is so expensive anyway I wont be having it again for awhile I got 5 steaks for 22 bucks half price cuz they were selling it for 3.99 lb vs. 7.99 lb and I trim the fat off it too so it should be ok .

Geri - So sorry to hear about your uncle I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Have fun at the birthday party.

Cindi - thanks so much for the sbd info me and penny may need some help but hopefully since we have eachother and all of you cheering for us I'm sure we'll do great!!

Well my little cherub is getting fussy and I can see it time for a nap. I'll post again around dinner time.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:13 PM   #22  

I just did the easy 1 mile walk with WATP so that makes 3 miles for me today who knows maybe I'll feel motivated to do another mile after dinner!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!
Take Care!!
Michelle
Old 05-01-2004, 06:14 PM   #23  

Hey all!
Just a quick post for me.
Michelle, congrats on all those miles!! Maybe I should check into this WATP videos. Are there any aerobics involved??
I just got a phone call from Ginny and she wanted me to tell you all that her computer is down right now. Not sure what is wrong with it so she will be MIA for awhile. She did say that she will post from the library when she gets a chance this up coming week and to not think she has abandoned us! She WILL be back as soon as her computer gets fixed. We will miss you Ginny!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2004, 06:46 PM   #24  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Thumbs up hello to all!!

Spryng, the WATP tapes that I have use VERY basic moves. They are challenging, but easy to follow. I bought the 3 mile tape at TArget for just 6.99 and just do however many miles I feel like doing(yes, I am cheap, I know) So that's not much to shell out to try it, if you are interested.

I just took my ds to the 8th grade ball tonight, it was like a prom!!!! You should have seen them!! He wore a tux and converse all stars and Lauren wore a formal dress with flip flops.

I am so bored, DH is playing PS2! My house isn't really dirty, so I just don't know what to do with myself.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:29 PM   #25  

Good Evening!!

Yes Spryng the WATP tapes are very basic so they are easy moves but they do get your heart rate up and you can use the stretchie band to tone muscle too. My 1&2 mile dvd didnt come with the stretchie so I just bought a set of pilates resistance bands they are the same thing. I really love it because it is an exercise that I can actually do with out my lungs collapsing!!

I think I may even feel up to another mile after dinner but its too soon to tell lol I may just fall right asleep lol. Well I got the house clean and went and bought some more groceries and now I too am bored lol Cindi come on over and we'll play some cribbage or something

Well I'm gonna start prepping for dinner I'll be back in a bit I'm sure
Take Care
Michelle
Old 05-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #26  

Hi!
Thanks for the info on the WATP tapes. Do you have to have much room to do them? And are they aerobic? I have a tiny living room.
Cindi, that ball sounds like such fun. I never went to prom or anything so I know when my kids are old enough to go I'll be going all out for them! And I know what you mean about not knowing what to do with yourself now that your house stays clean. I'm bored too. i played the kids sega genesis for a little while but I got tired of them climbing all over me. So I came in here to look up some cheat codes. hehe!
Michelle hope you have a wonderful dinner! Cribbage sounds like fun! I'm a canasta girl myself, lol.
Ok, going to go flip the tv channels now. TTYL!
Old 05-01-2004, 07:55 PM   #27  

Spryng you need next to no room to do the WATP they are great for small areas. and yes they do give you an aerobic workout I think I may get the 3 mile tomorrow, we'll see if hubby clears the fundage for me

Michelle
Old 05-01-2004, 08:41 PM   #28  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs down I'm Back

Hi girls. I'm back from my day venture at the garage sale. I took notes about half way through.

Penny, Way to go being on plan. Let me know if changing your WI day helps your weekends.

Spryng, Glad to hear your Saturday was just a regular one. I'm beginning to wish mine was too. Glad you enjoyed some ice cream and in moderation. I felt so proud of myself using the moderation technique.

Michelle, thanks for the words about moderation and ice cream. Glad your dh helped you so much. If only.............

Cindi, glad you got exercise and good eating in yesterday. That makes you feel good.

Geri, so sorry to hear about your uncle. Hope your mom is okay. Let us know.

Well, it was COLD and rainy half of the day of the garage sale. Still didn't stop the salers from coming though. Didn't do as well as I had hoped but oh well. Had to deal with the kids, rain and cold all day. DH didn't help out there. Did have my mom, but the point is that I didn't have dh's help. I haven't eaten well most of the day, but I'm NOT in a good mood. I haven't done terribly bad just not nearly good enough. I'm totally pooped and still got the sink shining and laundry done. Bathroom is soso clean too. Well, I may check in again later. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #29  

Crystal - I'm glad you still got some garage salers despite the weather. Hey now don't let some not so great choices get you down. I hope your mood picks up a little bit. WTG on keeping the house clean AND having a garage sale all in one day I know if it were me it wouldnt be done lol. Remember....we're always here for you, and there is always tomorrow!!
Michelle
Old 05-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #30  

Default New Plan

Just an update! I am going back to LA Weight Loss. I have about 8 weeks left from pre-preg and was not able to go back due to nursing. Now that he is eating solids, they said I could start back on the program. Good thing I did not shell out the money for WW yet. LA is so expensive I want to use the 8 weeks first, of course I had to pre-pay so that money is already lost to me. It is kind of like South Beach, but I will have to weigh in 3 times a week. I did a starting weight today and will report on Sat. Wish me luck. The good thing about the program is that you get LA Lites which are yummy peanut butter bars.

Sorry not to get personal. DH is getting better, so hopefully I will have some time on-line tomorrow. Busy making baby food tonight.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote