Old 05-24-2004, 01:40 PM   #91  

Hello All!

Cat - that is great that you get a two week trial membership, that way you can see if it will help, without having to pay. Hope it all works out.

Things are busy here at work. Trying to check on insurance to see if my current doctors are in the new plan. Trying to get some last minute appointment in with my dentist. REally looking forward to the 3 day weekend coming up.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:03 PM   #92  

Default RE: Less stress is 24 hours away...!!!

Hey Everyone!

One, yes (1) more day of students. We are giving final exams up until the last hour of school this year, and it certainly keeps the mayhem to a minimum. I ate a sandwich for dinner this evening, and I generally will not do that. I think I make poor choices when I get stressed, busy, excited, all of the above. Strange, but so true. If only to be in total control, more of the time.

I am taking and teaching classes this summer. The first 2 weeks of June are all mine. The 3rd week I am working with the state department accessing and writing state and national test questions for vocational testing. I am also serving as the 'principal' of a summer intersession for incoming freshment to assiist the transition from middle to high school. Wild, huh?

I am sorry not to address all personally this evening. I will be doing that later in the week. GREAT to hear from everyone!
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:24 PM   #93  
Give peace a chance.

Hal--sounds like some interesting stuff--but also stress. Take care of yourself!!

Have been working OT, and tired at end of day. Went swimming Mon & felt better. Couldn't get it together this morning, but will do it tomorrow. Think if I exercise I will eat better also.

Did I mention that the insurance turned down the appeal? So now we have to appeal again. The reviewing dr decided that my podiatrist (and presumably my PCP and my other podiatrist) have misdiagnosed me. Phooey.

So, everybody, let's get back on p. 1!!
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:57 AM   #94  
Mooz

Mornin' chickies - here I am again at the library and it looks as if it will not be this weekend but the following one that I get my new computer. Paul will not be home this weekend either so I have no chance of using his either
Eating is fine - I am still doing plenty of that but trying to only have healthy foods. Walking every day is my only form of exerrcise ........... I always hope to get started doing situps for my tummy and weights for my arms but I cannot get started ............ maybe someday
I have sold 2 more paintings recently ............. one going to Australia and one to France. I am excited about that but I really need to get the paintbrushes out more often and do some more!
Gotta go now and finish my walk ........... the library was en route.
Have a great day all!
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:44 PM   #95  

Hello Ladies,
Just a quick hello, I have been having to fill out paperwork. Going to this new company, is like being a new hire. Lots of paperwork & they want a resume. I have not updated mine in 15 years...

Hope everyone is doing ok...
Old 05-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #96  
Give peace a chance.

Default good evening

WTG Mooz on selling your paintings. You really deserve that success--they are so lovely. So now you are an internationally known artist!

1day--sorry for the paperwork, but hope the new company works out. Do your FMLA etc. carry over? Hope so.

Went out swimming again this morning--it does make me feel better, tho it seems to take so long to pack everything--suit, goggles, shampoo, hair rinse) and leave and come back. DH is very sweet about taking care of the animals and walking the dogs.

WI--hadn't done for a long time. About a half pound up, but I thought it would be much worse with cutting back on exercise and stress eating.

Need to get to bed. Hope I will get up to swim tomorrow. Mandatory OT again tomorrow .
Old 05-28-2004, 05:48 PM   #97  

Hello Ladies,

Just a quick note. I am so ready for the weekend. My plans are to work in the yard this weekend & take it easy.

Cat - What is FMLA? I know my service time goes over to this new company.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:42 AM   #98  
Mooz

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]
It is a sunny Sat here in Ireland and as usual I have called into the library in the middle of my walk. I am getting quite a lot of walks in these days as I now have 3 friends who will walk with me and not all at the same time so I could be out walking 3 or 4 times a day sometimes
It doesn't always work out that way but I usually get out quite a lot.
Eating could be better ................. usual story .............. I find the bad habits creeping back and I must get a grip on them before they get completely out of hand. I have to keep reminding myself about my blood pressure as I know it will go up if I keep on eating rubbish.
ON a brighter note I was in Boots yesterday looking for a good moisturizer and the lady did a moisture check on my face and the reading was 32.9 which she said was very good. I asked her to do Orla's and it was 24.7 which for an 18 year old is not good. Orla does not drink much water and would not moisturize as often as I do so she will now be trying to change her ways as the lady told her she will get wrinkles quicker if she keeps on the way she is going. Her skin looks beautiful now but that test goes to prove that drinking water does help.
Bettr go finish my walk .............. sorry I have not got time to talk personally but hopefully next weekend I will be online at home again

Time for a Marston

Behold the beauty

Behold the beauty that is all around you. You'll find it in the vast expanses, in the smallest details, and everywhere in between.
There is beauty to behold amidst noise and confusion, as well as in the quietest moments of solitude. You'll find beauty in the simplest of things, and in the deepest depths of complexity.

Why is there beauty and why are you able to know it? Have you ever wondered?

Beauty exists for the purpose of filling your heart with joy. So take in the beauty that stretches out in every direction, and let it do just that.

Beauty's reason is pure delight. Take delight in true beauty, and it becomes even more beautiful. Behold the beauty that fills your life. It is a blessing that has no equal.

-- Ralph Marston
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #99  

Default RE: Sum, Sum Summmmmer time...!!! (almost...)

Happy Saturday Everyone...!!!

I do love the changing of the seasons, but we certainly did have some severe weather Thursday evening. Homes were leveled in the towns on each side of where I live. They are calling it a level 2 tornado. They are very, very rare for this part of the country (neighboring states not so, but not in over 50 years here). There is also a fair amount of flooding state wide. The bad thing about it is most folks are not insured, and those that are have very limited coverage. You just have to wonder about insurance coverage these days. It gets more and more expensive, and they seem to cover less and less.

I've had 2 days off, and I feel awesome just thinking that this weekend I have no papers to grade, no lessons to plan - it is MY weekend. This seems to occur only a few weekends here and there.

I purchased 2 flats of flower seedlings yesterday and began potting them last evening. My goal is to finish up (mostly) this weekend. I have some pretty deep salmon begonias and a new flower callled white snow (looks like an asparagus plant like with tiny white buds). I have a huge deck and too many planters to keep up (12 or more) as I ask myself, "What was I thinking?"

My diet has been pretty good. This time of year I can fill up on hearty salads with a little meat. Actually, I plan to clean up and hit the farmers market as soon as I finish this post this morning.

Mooz: Any idea what kind of computer you want to get? There are so many neat things out there new in technology. Congratulations on selling your paintings. That is waaaaaaaaay cool. Keep those paint brushes moving, moving, moving. Hey, Hal's sister Jane is an artist also. She has a website, but I could not see any of her paintings. She also sings, but should stick to the art work I believe! I shall use you as inspiration to start walking...!!!

OneDay: What is the new company/what do you do? I hope everything works out for your benefit. Change can be good. Where do you weigh in, WW? Have you tried the Arby's salads? I ventured into the wild side and tried the Oriental Chicken. My students warned me the dressing was strange. I actually enjoyed it. This salad has mandrian oranges, fresh spinach and the dressing is a balsamic vinegar with a hint of terraki (sweet but not too sweet) flavor. Try one! (No I do not have stock in the company!)

CatLover: Way to go on exercise and swimming. I love to swim, but at my size there 'ain't NO way'. Sad, but true. Hey, you really should splurge and try a pair of Birkenstock shoes. I have bone spurs in both heels (I've seen the scary x-rays!) and when I wear them I have no pain. My feet do not hurt after standing on concrete floors all day, even at my weight. I know how debilitating foot pain can be. I had the steroid shots and a few other things and found these shoes saved me, my sanity and most importantly my mobility.

Nita: I hope you have a great trip. How long will you be gone? Where is it you travel to see your grandchildren? On work and respect, I find that job morale is what you make of it. I have a really 'bad' principal, but I like her personally. Sometimes she says and does things that absolutely make my head spin (as in Exorcist) but I try to step back, and seperate myself from her mistakes/problems. Granted, many of her blunders to directly effect my working conditions - but there is nothing I can do about that. I just focus on what I can to do help and survive! That works. I counsel my students this very same way - there is never going to be a perfect working situation, or for that fact personal relationship. All good things take work. As my man, Hal Ketchum says, "Love is like a garden, we must tend to it, and weed it routinely." Ths applies to working situations, almost everything in life. Hey, did you ever finish "Passing For Thin"? I went to Frances Kuffel's website and she is writing a follow up book with some more information/answers. This is good, because when I finished reading the book I found myself asking, asking, asking... what about??? how did??? Now, she will focus on these things. Good way to lead into a second book, huh? For everyone else... this is a GREAT book about a gal that lost 188 pounds on her own. She attended OA meetings - and still does. It is a 12 step program.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Old 05-29-2004, 10:37 AM   #100  
Give peace a chance.

Hal--enjoy your weekend! I am not doing anything much,which is unusual for me.

1day--FMLA is Family and Medical Leave Act. Means that the employer has to give you time off for illness and family needs (unpaid). Kicks in after you have worked for an employer for a year.

Mooz--wtg on the walking. That's interesting about the moisture testing. Sounds like the tester was really trying to help and not just sell a bunch of stuff.

Got information about a Memorial Day campaign I think every American could support--hope no one will mind my mentioning it. The idea is to ask the President to honor the veterans of WWII by supporting the principles that arose from that war, that the men and women sacrificed for. If you're interested, it's at www.epic-usa.org.

Have a fine weekend,all!!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:20 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi All,
For some reason I haven't been getting notification about posts for our group but I finally found us again. Thank goodness! You ladies really get me going. My eating has been very poor the last few days and today I am starting again. I will be leaving on Wed to go to PA to stay with my younger daughter, however, on that Thursday I will drive to Ohio and spend time with my other daughters, sisters and brother. I will then return to PA and stay until the 15th and then I will fly home. On Tuesday, the day before I leave, they called from the Arena for training, and I agreed to go Tuesday evening from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The lady says we are going to have a blast working there. I can hardly wait. I only have four more days of work for the attorneys and then I will be off July through September, and hopefully they will find someone to take my place during that time.

Well I have a lot of errands to do today so I will close for now. Hope everyone is having a "super" Saturday!

Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:17 PM   #102  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--

Have a good and safe trip--hope you can check in from time to time.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #103  

Default RE: Graduation Day

Good Sunday Morning...

So, I am getting ready for graduation and only have a few minutes to say hello. Gosh... I am seriously thinking of not going. I do not fit into the seats they place in the lower arena for the graduates and teachers. This is infront of all of the exterior arena seating. I"ve ask the band director to place a black band chair at the end of a row for me - next to the smaller red chairs. I am so sick of being in this situation. Many times...

Anyway... this is a graduation posting and congratulations and success for making the decision to do something about it. Right?

Old 05-30-2004, 06:33 PM   #104  
Give peace a chance.

Default discouraged

Hal--good to take charge. Hope it went well.

Meanwhile, I am discouraged. I felt so good going swimming, even tho DH (and sometimes DS) were stuck with all the dog walking. (and I miss going out). Well, yesterday my shoulder was very sore--and I remembered that when it bothered me years ago the PT said not to do some (most?) swim strokes, tho I can't remember which. Plan to go to my chiro and see if he knows. Meanwhile, if I can't walk and I can't swim, what do I do? Walk on my hands? Also I have wasted a lot of my holiday weekend lying down with heat on my shoulder.

Well, at least I have two Sundays for telling stories at Sunday school this summer. I think I will do the Syro-Phonecian woman and the Good Samaritan.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Old 05-31-2004, 02:21 PM   #105  

Default RE: Happy Memorial Day...!!!