Old 05-02-2004, 09:54 AM   #46  

Default RE: Postive energy...

Good Sunday morning...

Everyone sleeping in this rainy Sunday morning? Me... well, I typed on the sophomore testing review sheets until 1A. (Until SNL signed off. I love watching to see if they dare to joke about our government - with all of the threats not to do such a thing beng real life.) I began typing again about 9A this morning. I'd love to finish by noon and go have a nice, relaxing lunch at a nice deli that recently opened. After that... a long afternon at school cutting, colating and distributing the review slips, plus finishing last weeks ungraded work.

Exercise? My mind is getting a work out.

I'm doing laundry and trying to clean here and there... as I take a breaks.

I have Ambassator Joe Wilson on Meet The Press discussing whom 'outed' his CIA operative wife 8 days after he was on this show indicating he did not believe Saddam Hussein was an accurate target for war based upon terrorism. It is really sad, really scary stuff.

HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi HalGal,

It looks like it is just you and me today! I am really upset because I could not bowl in the tournament today and more upset because I really can't clean house, or do anything because my hand is still in pain. Today is the 8th day and I sure hope by next Friday I can back to doing some fun things. I did do a little work in the yard before it got too hot and then I walked on the treadmill for about 24 minutes. It is even getting too hot in the garage to keep doing this. Sorry I am not more upbeat today but don't worry I will be fine, hopefully in a couple of days. I am not sure I mentioned I start my voluntary assignment as a mediator with one of our local TV stations this Wednesday. This sounds like a very interesting assignment. Well I had better go and stop using my left hand so much!

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:17 PM   #48  
Give peace a chance.

Default good evening

Sorry--busy girl.

Both my performance at the Arts for Peace and my dress rehearsal for my performance Thur. went well. So that pleased me.

I had really hoped that the cortisone shot was helping my foot, but looks like not. So I had to write up my history with the problem (20 years!) to justify to the insurance doing the orthotripsy.

Then at work I found I have an interview for a job as a trainer . They want me to do a 5-7 minute presentation on one of the most common forms we use. I think that's an excellent way to see if someone is capable, but not much time to prepare. And there's another job I'm applying for (at work), so I had to brush up my resume a bit for that.

Then I was Servant of Celebration at the early service and taught Sunday School at the late service. Told the Exodus. And nipped around and watered the plants, because no one had done that.

Our teacher decided our poetry class was so good that we are continuing two more weeks, which is great--but that meant turning out another poem. (One new poems, and another revision of one I've been working on).

Nita--sorry your hand's taking so long to heal. Have you tried taking zinc? Sometimes that helps. And just some extra stress-b to give you body the tools it needs for repair. Hal--you sound busy enough to put me to shame.

My, it's time for dinner.

Love ya--

CAtlover
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:24 PM   #49  

Hello Chicks~~ writing you from our condo in Winter Park Colorado. And let me tell you it is a perfect name for it. It really thrives in ski season, luckily that stuff is closed now so the town is pretty quiet. The snow is only in a few spots where plows piled it up, and then of course still VERY white up on the peaks. I wish i had my camera software so i could show you just what i mean.

We can only stay here till Friday and then we can spend the following weekend in Denver at his brothers. His sister lives in one subdivision on the north side and he lives on the south side, but somehow we WILL all get together.

To keep busy up here we have been out sightseeing some of the national parks and we bought fishing licenses. Today we each caught 2 trout and i will be cooking 2 for supper tonite. YUM. Fresh and out of some cold glacial lakes, they should be excellent. I laughed about how we just ate halibut last night but that was $7 bucks a pound from the store, so we both shared the under 1 # piece. Tonite we will have a bit more each.

Tomorrow early we are going to try one more time for the fish on some nice lakes. I'll take more pics.

Hope you are all doing well, and i will certainly try to log on again while we are in this area.

thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:25 PM   #50  
Give peace a chance.

Thin--

Oh,how I would love to see the mountains again--and Denver, too. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

Juggling too many things today. Worked to get presentation ready for this morning--then told it was postponed to tomorrow. Trying to coordinate stuff (insurance, pre-procedure physical, sick leave) tohave procedure on foot.

And I'd better get to bed.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:17 PM   #51  

Hi All,
Thin, it's great to hear your return trip is going well. I, too, have been to Denver on many occasions when I lived in Casper, WY. I always found it a pleasant place to go to, especially if you didn't go in the winter. You left Phoenix just in time--it has been over 100 the last couple of days. I sure do miss those cool days we were having not too long ago.

I did manage to bowl yesterday, even though my hand is not completely healed. I really bowled better than I have in a long time--I had a 509 for three games. Today we had our bowling league celebration which, of course, was geared to a lot of food which we all brought. I did have dessert and more than one. I just decided it was okay for one day.

1 Day -- Good luck on your foot procedure! I agree with you--any kind of pain in our bodies just doesn't make one happy!

By chance did anyone get hit with the "Sasser" virus. One of my computers did and it took me most of the day until midnight to finally get it taken care of. I waited on the phone for 30 minutes before I got a tech person from Microsoft, only to find out he was located in the Philipines. I was on my cell phone, and you guessed it, before we had a chance to even get started, I lost the call. In order to avoid frustration, it would be a good idea for you to download the current version of Stinger and save it to your desktop. This way just in case you get this virus, or any other virus, you can run Stinger and it will delete the virus. This is a "free" program.

Well, I had better get going. Tomorrow is my first day at the TV station, and I am getting excited about finding out what it is all about.

Take care,
Anita
Old 05-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #52  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--
Glad your hand is better. Incidentally, I am the one with the foot procedure (tho Hal has foot problems as well). Sorry about the heat--it's been quite unseasonably cool here (but I don't mind putting off the summer heat).

Looks as tho everything may come together to get my foot worked on--job, insurance, podiatrist, primary care physician etc.

Have slacked off on walking because of foot. Must at least do yoga.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:09 PM   #53  

Hello Ladies -
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I had been walking at lunch & when I get back wasn't able to log on. Last week at Ww I lost 2.2 lbs... hoping to have another loss this week.

Nita - I need to check my pc at home. I have not logged on since thursday. I guess I need to run the antivirus first.

well post more tonight
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:39 PM   #54  

Default RE: Over the hump...

Hey everyone... over the hump, two days until our weekend!

I hope this finds everyone doing well. I am doing OK. I put together small snack bags of candy for rewards for testing review groups Monday and Tuesday. I had some rewards too. I am over it, and have no burning desire to cosume chocolate - at the moment.

I was called in at the last minute last evening to serve as a judge for our high school talent show. It was fun, but gosh.. I got home at 10P. Today was only an 11 hour day 7 to 6. I LOVE what I do girls, but the hours are really getting difficult to take. I just come in exhausted.

Tomorrow evening is our annual art show. It is a classy event with classical music, dress up and all. Our art teacher is retiring this year, so I'll be sure to go. I always look forward to it.

CAT: Feet problems are no fun at all. I had a few of those cortisone shots, and to be honest I don't believe they helped at all. Try Birkenstocks. Honestly...

I had another Martha's Vineyard salad for lunch today. I demonstrated apple nut coffee cake for my foods class. They proceeded to make breakfast to go with it. Tomorrow I am demonstrating Kentucky Hot Browns. Bet you guys have never heard of that?

3 more weeks...

OneDay: CONGRATS on 2.2. Way to go.....!!!

I hope everyone is moving and losing... It is not easy. But, we can do it!
Old 05-06-2004, 02:05 PM   #55  

Hello Ladies,

Need your prayers. Our management is in the process of evaluating our whole group, their is lots of talk about outsourcing.

Hal - I don't see how you do it working with food & especially trying new recipes. I would be so tempted.... As far as working, could you have said no to the judging. You sound like me, never wanting to disappoint anyone.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:28 PM   #56  
Give peace a chance.

Iday--WTG on the wt loss. Will pray for the work situation.

Hal--no, what are the KY hot browns? Never heard of that.

Looks like I have the drs & test & time off lined up for my foot--still need the insurance OK. Hope this comes thru!

Realized I have been stressed when I lost my glasses--I always lose things under stress. I think when I can walk more I will handle stress better.

It's been spilling into work, also, and vice-versa.

G'night all
Old 05-07-2004, 10:35 AM   #57  

Hi Chicks~~Got a minute to post before we leave our condo this morning and head into the city (Denver) to stay at his brothers for a few nights. The week flew by up here in this beautiful area. We did well with the fishing for 2 days, now we can cook them on his brothers grill and everyone can enjoy them. The last 2 days we spent in the Arapaho nat'l forest and we saw a herd of about 50 elk, 1 moose--close too! But i'd left my camera behind on that walk! yikes!!that is my luck. Tho it did stay in the thick pines so it probably wouldn't have really turned out that well. It was exciting..i had heard a branch break and looked in that direction and there he was! I guess it was last years baby, so only a yearling now. But he was big enough~ Then we tried another area yesterday (not in the park) and we saw 2 more moose and i think that picture will show them ok. Then one elk ran in front of our truck, and one coyote. Oh, lots of mule deer too. They run sooo funny. the back legs stay together, so they look like they are hopping on pogo sticks or something! Not like our whitetail deer run at all.

~~1DAY~~i will keep you in my prayers for a good outcome on your job. Always something to keep us on edge isn't there??
CONGRATS on the 2.2# loss. YGG Stay as focused as you can in these stressing times.

~~CAT~~also a prayer for you to get the ok on the insurance and get something done to help your foot, like you said the walking keeps our stress levels down. I am just like you, losing things (temporarily--really just misplaced) during stress! Had to let you know you are not alone there.
The only thing is up here in the 8 to 10 thousand feet elevation i feel sick when i walk. I know having my health woes are not good in high elevation(high b p) I have been very winded. I hope i feel a bit better in denver.

Hi to all the rest...must go and pack somemore.
Bad news is the truck still has problems. DH is off to see the only local mechanics in this area and HOPE someone can take a look at it before we drive the pass to Denver. If it's something that we can wait on we will wait and find a Ford dealer near his brother. Since he thinks it might have been how they did our brakes in Mesa. It might be covered under that...
So say a prayer for us to have better travels soon~ Esp. when we really start for home on Monday. I hope it's monday anyway

thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #58  
Give peace a chance.

Thin--that sounds like a wonderful hike. I know that high altitude can be hard--always get so tired up high, but I love the mts.

1day--prayers for the job.

Where is everyone else?

Well, the insurance denied the procedure. There is an appeals process, but probably can't be done in time for we to be on the schedule this month. Phooey!! Maybe some prayers will help???
Old 05-08-2004, 11:42 AM   #59  

Catlover,
Sorry to hear your insurance denied the procedure. You must do the appeals process and stress "This procedure is medically necessary." My attorneys always advised me to use these words.

My hand is doing a whole lot better and by Monday I should be able to clean house again. Also, my grass needs cutting. It's amazing how we take our good health for granted and it isn't until something happens that we realize this.

Diet-wise I have done very badly the last couple of days. However, I think I am back on track. I am contemplating taking off July and August and maybe September from doing my one-day a week job. Hopefully during that time they can find someone else. I still will keep my volunteer position of 4 hours, one day a week. I have already talked to John about this and he didn't have a problem with my decision. However, I am a little stressed about talking to Gail, which I will do next Thursday. I plan on working until my vacation, June 2nd to the 15th, and then working the last two weeks in June.

Well, I need to go shopping to the mall. There are certainly a lot of bargains out there.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!

Anita
Old 05-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #60  

Default RE: Happy Mom's Day Movers and Losers...!

Happiest of Mother's Day to each and everyone of you!