Old 04-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #106  

Wink I'm trying to sniff flowers but my nose won't work

Afternoon all!

After guzzling down as much tea as one can handle (being a coffee lover) and slurping soup I have broken the fever and am now just living with a bad cold! I am looking forward to some food other than soup. Thanks for the well wishes I just need to start exercising again - laid up for almost a week and a feel like My garden is looking nice but I can't smell it right now. I like the colors at least. That makes me happy.

What the **** happened at AI? Last night should not have happened like it did. Are all the teens voting?? So looking for a battle of the divas.

Angie - the letter from the school about your twins in kindergarten reminded me of a letter that my mom has about me in 2nd grade. I had slight fascination with mud slinging (literally) while wearing a dress. "Unlady like behavior is not tolerated in this class. The more she wears dresses the more seems to act out..."etc. So I am familiar with that! I hope your hand is feeling better!

My puppy is a golden retreiver though he looks more like an Irish Setter. He is 17 months now. He is a yahoo! not liking the low energy levels this week at all I have to figure how make the file smaller because the pictuer I have won't upload because of the size.

Noelle - nice to "see" you. I hope things become more even tempoed for you at work.

Hope everyone is okay!

Leaving you with a quote for the day:

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

be well

GEM/Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:19 PM   #107  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

OUCH!!!! My *** hurts because I fell off the wagon hard!!! I dont know what is wrong with me but I will get the hang of this. Lets just say that today and tomorrow are gonna be total losses.

On the plus side, My kids are all gone for the night so it is just me and my honey. Should a mother be that happy to have her kids gone for a night? haha They litterally went out the door fighting with each other. My sister must be crazy because I would have definately left without them.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #108  

Hey Girls

Where in the world is everyone today? I hope having a great day.

Angie did you and hubby enjoy your night last night? And yes parents do deserve breaks once and a while so don't feel bad . I know about falling off the wagon. Well I didn't fall off yet today but I can feel myself going....hus bought turtle blue bunny ice cream! Full fat ! I think I am going to have a bowl tonight to treat myself.

Noelle, Kempy, Jacks, and anyone else out there have a great weekend and hope to see someone pop in! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #109  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I am off to go shopping for the week but I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Julie, Your husband has good taste in ice cream. You are like a superwoman to have all that good food in your house and not weigh as much as me. I can not seem to control myself. You are my role model.

Not much going on here. My MIL just started the ice cream for the season so that should be fun to try to avoid all summer. haha
Old 04-24-2004, 11:55 AM   #110  

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh Angie, that ice cream was wonderful. I mean great. When you have not had something in a long time it tastes wonderful. And not to mention Blue Bunny is my favorite kind of ice cream. It had swirls of carmel and chocolate and chocolate candy round pieces filled with carmel and big huge pecans! It was better than you know what , for me anyway, hahahaha! But one of my little ones likes it also so I am not going to try and get into it too much. Just let her and hus eat it, yeah righ . Let us know if you got anything worth mentioning at the stores today!

Well I also wanted to pop in and say HELLOOOOO!!!! Where is my HI Sweetheart. I miss you. And Kempy if you are back at school today I hope it is a great day for you also. Is Joe going hunting this spring? Do they hunt down there in the spring? It is turkey season here but I don't think mine is going this season. Thank God! More help around here and with the kids. Check in later girlies. Julie
Old 04-26-2004, 09:42 AM   #111  

Wow, what a crazy few days. When we got to the funeral e found out that it wasn't my cousin's GF. He had taken his mom's car (Mustang) to a friends house to show him and the brother of the guy wanted to go for a ride. They took off down a dirt road and couldn't make a trun b/c they were going to fast and went into some trees. My cousin was thrown out of the car half way so only his lower part of the body was burned so they were able to have an open casket. The other guys was burned beyond recognition. Nobody is really sure how good of friends they were either. It is just really strange for Holden to have been with that guy. We are all just keeping our fingers crossed that the other family dosen't try to sue ours. Holdens' step dad has a lot of money.

I was off of school on Saturday to go to a wedding that I didn't go to but I couldn't get on the site b/c it was down. I swear I had good intentions.

Julie we only have hunting season in the fall and winter down here. But, now it is fishing season. My FIL has a friend with a house down close to the Gulf of Mexico so they head out of there alot. In fact they are going down there Friday to go fishing. Joe usually comes home with some great stuff.

Angie how was your weekend alone with Jay?

Noelle did you pull yourself back onto the wagon yet?
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:19 PM   #112  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Finally we are back!!! YEAH!!!! I tried to get on all weekend and couldnt. All I have to say is that if we all ever lose touch I would miss you all like crazy. I couldnt stand not being able to hear from you guys all weekend. Julie, I was like "oh poop I wished I had her eamail address. "

I am going to Bangor tonight to pick up 2 new bikes for me and Jay. We dont want to tow our car on vacation this year so we are planning to rent one while in Kissimee so we can do the parks but the last week on the way out we wont have a car so we want to bike ride on the beaches. I love to bike ride. When I was 12-16 I lived 10 miles out of town and I would get up first thing in the morning and ride my bike into town to hang out and do all kinds of bad teenagey things and then ride home before my parents got out of work and then after supper I would do it again. haha We lived in a small area so all the teens do is ride around town all day and night. I remember aftyer the twins were born I think I went through a little crisis because I was so overwelmed with 3 kids under the age of 2 and I was only 21(I turned 21 the day I had them) that I used to go hang out all night uptown. It was fun though...drinking and causing trouble and watching which ever young girl (they were 18, I think )the cop was doing that week. haha Sorry for the ramble there I do that sometimes.

Anywho, I am getting back on track tomorrow after a fall from the wagon so hard that I am sure I felt the earth shake.

It is so cold and rainy here right now. We just went to Dover to look at a house that just came on the market for $39900.00 so I figured that I could save some money and move into a cheap house and fix it up but that house needed help. It had some nice features but it was well used.

Thats about it for me so I will check back in later and see how everyone else is doing.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:00 PM   #113  

Hi Girls

Angie I agree if anything ever happened to this site I would miss you guys so much! I also like to ride bikes. Remember those teenager years ? I think I was in such good shape because I would literally ride from one side of the town to the next. Boy I remember my mom getting so mad at me when I was late. Those were the days. Now its responsibility one after another, huh? I am always going to tell my kids enjoy your youth because being and adult and having adult things to do all the time your going to wish everyone did everything for you again. Okay enough rambling on for that for me too !
That must have been hard on you to have three kids under 21. Wow you must have had some rough days I bet. Were any of them colic? I had one that was and it so so so so hard! They will really appreciate you later in life if it seems like they don't now .

Kempy sorry your last week and weekend was rough. I tried to get on this site too. I was suprised to see it down. What does Joe catch down in that area? I bet it is good.

My brother got married on Friday. I am so happy for him. He lives really far away and just did a last minute wedding. I now have another SIL. I have only met her a handful of times but she seems like a great match for him. Other than that I made really healthy meals this weekend but I know I overate at all of them. Friday was salmon, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower. Saturday was chicken fajitias with all the fixings . And yesterday was a beef roast with a cold broccoli salad and a sweet potatoe. But the bunny, the Blue Bunny was calling my name so I had a couple of bowls of ice cream this weekend. But I want to start fresh and keep chugging along. In fact I am going to go eat some lunch right now. I am starving! Check in later. Julie
Old 04-26-2004, 03:31 PM   #114  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, no none of tham had colic but the twins definately had their days and nights screwed up. My mom was supposed to stay at my house for a few weeks to help out and she lasted just one night.She kept saying "What is wrong with these babies?" all night. I said "they are babies thats all." Luckily my sister stayed and helped me out alot. I would get them in bed by about 10:00 and get to sleep for about a half an hour and then I was up all night until about 6 in the morning when they would finally sleep until 10:00 in the morning and then they were up for the whole day. Basically I would sit in the recliner with 2 babies laying on my chest watching movies all night. We actually went to the store the day after they were born and bought a VCR so I could watch tv all night. haha I definately wouldnt want to do it again that is for sure. haha I love my kids to death but I didnt intend for 3 and it is so much harder . I was thinking the other day how much easier it would have been with just one to take care of but then I would have worried about them getting bored then. But I love them anyways.

Thankfully school started back up again today so we get 6 weeks of quiet until they are home for the summer. Summers dont seem that bad for some reason though. Probably because they usually have things to do so they dont fight so bad.

Well, I am off to buy my bike. I will try to check in later.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:47 AM   #115  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. Well, I bought my bikes and what a joke it was trying to fit 2 big bikes in a Stratus. I even bought my tennis racquets and some balls. Too bad it is wet and gross outside right now or I could go do something. I remember me and Jay tried tennis when we were younger but we sucked at it and sold the racquets to his twin cousins. Hopefully this time we can get better.

I have bloated back up to where I started from 2 weeks ago and probably some more too. I dont want to weigh myself because it is just to sick.

I had to make some cookies today for the accounts so I am going to try really hard to get them wrapped and sent out without eating any of them. Why do I have to bake for a living. Cookies are my weakspot(along with anything else bad for me. )

Well, I will check back in a while to see what you are all up to.

Noelle, Do you want to start over fresh with me?
Old 04-27-2004, 11:21 AM   #116  

Angie Joe and I tried tennis when we first met too. He thought I would be really good b/c I had my own racquet but boy was he wrong. I don't think he has ever heard a girl cus as much as I did that day. I am just not very good at things that need me to hit something that small. I would love for Joe to get our bikes down to ride. We have really nice ones but they are hanging in the garage. That really doesn't help much.

I still have not lost anything since the begingin of the year. I am still at the total lost point of 8 lbs. I swear I am trying but nothing is happening. I guess I am just not trying hard enough. Oh well, I am not going to give up though.

What is eveyone up to today? I am trying to find things to do right now and I am not really having any luck.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:36 AM   #117  

Happy Tuesday Everyone

Angie I am so happy for you that you got your bikes. I should get mine up from the basement and wash her up! Get those cookies wrapped up and sent out!!!! Good luck though, cookies are my week spot too.

Kempy sorry you have not lost since the beginning of the year. You have alot of changes though. A new puppy, starting school, a death in the family. Do you feel really stressed? Hugs you must. Keep your chin up and you will get to where you want to be. Remember its not what you can't do, but it is what you can do! Take it day by day .

This morning I ate a big breakfast so hopefully I will not be starved by lunch like I have been lately. Did anyone watch The Restaurant last night? I love Rocco and I love the show. Well I will check in later. Julie
Old 04-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #118  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

We took the bikes for a SHORT ride. Did I say short? I mean SHORT!!!! Holy **** I am out of shape!! We both felt like we were going to die afterwards. I guess we have to ride more and more before vacation. Rebel was not impressed to see us ride up beside the fence after leaving him in the yard. haha

I guess I will try some tennis after work if it doesnt start to rain. It doesnt know what it wants to do out there today, one minute it is sunny and the next it is dark out. If the sun would stay out it weould be really warm though.

Julie, I watched the Fear Factor models one last night and it was the worst waste of an hour ever. They all quit everything. haha

Kempy, You sound like me with the swearing. I am so embarrassed now but when they were bringing our house in and trying to set it in place they were wasting so much time and we had paid a guy to come and help with it. I swore so bad that day and I mean BAD swears Well, come to find out one of the guys I was swearing in front of turned out to be our new neighbor.(and he is a supervisor at the mill at the bottom of our street) I am still embarrassed whenever we talk to him.

Back to work.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:39 PM   #119  

Angie and Kempy I know about the swearing thing. I really have to watch it because sometimes something slips out. And they repeat everything. Yikes. I don't think I have ever heard my SIL swear once. I can't believe it. She is like perfect. Not to mention she jogs and probally weighs 114lbs. Ugh. I always ask her what are having for dinner and she will say KFC and with a body like hers I wonder how? Hahaha!

Angie I couldn't even watch Fear Factor last night. Its always skinny girls with huge chests! I am sick of it. Put some average people on it all ready! We had a day like that one minute sunny and next rainy. I think it was yesterday and the day before. It must have gotten to your neck of the woods. How did the cookies turn out? What kind did you make? I probally should not even ask. Hehehe....
Old 04-27-2004, 03:45 PM   #120  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls...I haven't been around because I haven't been myself lately. I'd rather not bore you with the details and I'm still working my tail off so I haven't had much time to pop in here. I do lurk and read your posts though

Kempy, welcome back. That's some freaky news about your cousin and his passenger. I'm glad for his girlfriend to still be alive but she must be devastated as well. As far as your question, no I haven't gotten back on the wagon. It seems I'm thumbing my nose at it and throwing rocks at it as it pulls away

Angie, I would so love to join you and start fresh. I had a bowl of cereal this morning so I think I'll try to continue in the OP direction for the rest of the day. I know you say you and Jay are best friends, I like to think that Rick and I are too--but how do you work with him all day, every day? I guess it's different for you two, since you're actually working together. I envision baking to be so much more fun than plumbing and pushing paperwork around. We're trying to sell a big aluminum stepvan so we can buy a new smaller cargo van for work. Now I'm entertaining thoughts of opening a Lunch Wagon with it instead. I can just picture it--me out on the roadside selling plate lunches to all the hungry masses.

Hi Julie! On my way to work this morning one of the stations who always talk about what's going on with AI were playing the new songs recorded by the 12 finalists. I think it's supposed to be released today in the stores but technically, they're not supposed to be playing it yet. I heard the song by Camille (an Anita Baker song I think), and the one by Jasmine-Midnight Train to Georgia...I think Camille was more into her song than Jas was, but I'm going to go out to Costco or Sams to pick up the CD anyway.

Hello to Cal, Summer...anyone and everyone I'se gots to get back to work I guess... hi-ho-hi-ho
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote