Old 03-31-2004, 09:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening.

Seems like everyone is doing so well. Juile, hang in there it will get better at some point in time.

I've got another woe. My leg is almost to the point where it was almost a week ago. Yuck! Cant handle this much longer. Going to go and get some rest get off of the leg.
sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:52 PM   #47  

Default Wednesday Woes!

Hi All - It's such a great day - not much to complain about it except dh and I are not getting anything done on the bathroom during the week

Otherwise - I am having a great day - had a 4-pointer yesterday and at 9:45 p.m. I am on my way to another one. Working out on TM after work instead of stressing out trying to get it in the a.m. Haven't been on the scale but I am ok with it. Can't wait to take my measurements at the end of the week! I feel great, and I was able to button my jacket!

Faye - do you wear a brace on your knee or ankle? I have a bum knee and I would never be able to treadmill without mine.

Congrats to everyone for your successes!

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:00 AM   #48  

Good Evening All
I'm really not sure if I'm going to have all 4 points today or not. I'm in the process of reevaluating my eating...I'm thinking of allowing more because I'm exercising more, but I'm not sure what's officially OP and what isn't

I thought I would share some pictures with you, I would show more but my computer is freaking out...maybe later...this one is from Sunday night when a group of us decided to drive the hour and half to Portland and hung out down town VERY late. I'm from a town closer to Portland than I live now so we showed some friends the old neighborhood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ptown.jpg (20.6 KB, 19 views)
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:43 AM   #49  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Be good to YOU today and do something nice for yourself!

Susan: You are just so adorable. Can't say as much for the guys though! Thanks for sharing a pic of yourself.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Whenever you slough off on your water thinking it doesn't really matter, remember this: it takes 3 weeks to die from not having any food, but only three days to die from no water. It is important for a reason.

later girlies

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:24 AM   #50  

Good Morning beautifuls!

Well, 3 points for yesterday......I did get myself out of the house for most of the day, which helped my mood alot. But I didn't get in enough water. My normal water bottles used to be just fine, but now I'm getting the plastic taste. So, maybe the bottles are just old and need to be replaced. They're the 88 cent jobbies at Walmart.....not a huge investment.

DH got up super early today so he could "wet a hook" on the first day of fishing season. Of course, he's gonna have to hunt for a pond that has open water on it....most are still iced over......but it's a tradition. It's good luck for the rest of the season if you fish on the first day (last year I think it was snowing!) Anyway, so I ended up sleeping in. Gonna have to do my workout later. I need to clean out the garage again and move all my equipment back out there. I'm tired of it being in the living room, and it's warm enough now that the heater works in the garage (the fuel line was frozen to the heater most of the winter)

Susan, you are SO CUTE!!!! I'm glad you're figuring out how to take care of yourself now.....it's so much easier to do when your young. (Ok, that was me....channeling my mother!!)

Whoever asked about the belly dance tapes......they won't give you much of a cardio workout. They''re more a "mind/body" thing. When you are learning belly dance, you end up concentrating on one or two moves alot and the rest of your body doesn't do much. But once you have a few weeks under your hipbelt, then you get more of a workout all over. Still, it's not ever going to be a "blood sweat and tears" kind of workout. It's not supposed to be. Unless you're in one of my advanced classes......I make us "shimmy till we see God!" The twins aren't gonna do that for you. There are a couple of videos from Rania that are generally available called "cardio shimmy" and "pure sweat". I haven't seen them, but they might be a better workout than the twins. There is a great website with lots of video reviews. Go to www.shira.net for anything you want to know about bellydance. Personally, I say go to a class! The best part of this dance is all the girlfriends you get to hang out with every week. Kinda like here.

Well, gotta fly........dd is whining that I didn't finish her new bell bottom jeans, so I gotta go sew a hem or two.

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:16 AM   #51  
It is what it is...

Default Morning...

Yesterday was a 4 pointer for me I did my WATP dvd, I really do love those things, goes by so fast ... Funny thing, my dh has lost over 30 pounds doing Atkins ( how he stays on that I will never know ) and I have lost about 28, we were laughing the other day because now we can hug so much closer, before we both lost this weight our bellies were in the way and it was a struggle It is funny what just that amount of weight gone can do for you ( and your marriage, wink wink

Julie - I was the one asking about the belly dancing tapes, I was just looking for some variety from my WATP and thought that might be a good cardio, but it doesnt sound like it so I will move on ... thanks for the info

Knobhdy - Thank you too for the info on the bellydancing ...

Susan - You looked very cute in the picture ... keep up the good work

Sandy - I hope your leg gets feeling better, hon

Faye - Have we heard from Pam at all ???

Cat, Amanda, Joy, and everyone ... talk to you gals later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #52  

Carri: I talked to Pam about 2 weeks ago. She and Jane have moved to another house (long personal icky story) and are updating it now. They are working at making their E-bay business work out full time for them. I don't think she is working her program anymore though you know me, I try and encourage her all I can. It is up to her to do. I don't know that she will be coming back and that saddens me a great deal. She was a great asset here and I know we could get her up and going again. She was doing better than any of us at one time.

Julie: I am glad Jack is not an outdoorsman. I couldn't take all that fishing, hunting, icky stuff. I detest camping including rv or camper camping and so we basically do the "hotel" vacation type stuff.

ONE MORE DAY GIRLS! I have never been so anxious for a trip in my whole life. Truth be known, this is our first honest to goodness, take a week and go somewhere and visit a tourist attraction kind of vacation in the 31 years we have been married. We never had a honeymoon as Jack was in the Navy and couldn't go anywhere ( we left the morning after the ceremony and headed back to Va Beach) and couldn't ever afford a vacation when the kids were still at home, which makes me really sad. Keep your fingers crossed that I will hit a slot jackpot and become independently wealthy and then we can travel all the time!

I have practically everything packed, arranged, etc so that going through the check in process shouldn't be too bad. Man, it is hard to make sure you are not taking anything on board that can be construed dangerous. I packed all haircare, sun, nail polish etc products in the bags that are checked so that they wouldn't throw them out. I only have wimpy cotton balls, deodorant etc in my hygiene carryon bag now. My handbag is one of those cute canvas "vacation" looking bags and it weighs a ton with my books, cds and cd player besides my purse stuff in it. Funny story about that, every holiday the family gets together we play a game called, "does Faye have it in her purse?" Everybody tries to trip me about stuff that I carry in my purse. Like someone will ask, "do you have a screwdriver?" (actually, I do, it is on a little all in one knife thingy. ) Anyway, I have left so much stuff back here at home so it won't get confiscated we can't play the game while we are in Vegas.

Have a good day girls. I am going downstairs and fold laundry and read for awhile.

Faye
Old 04-01-2004, 11:35 AM   #53  

Good Morning
I completely forgot about water last night! So no points for that at least. I usually don't have any trouble but it just slipped my mind.

Faye - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic vacation. I've never been to Vagas but its on my list.

Glad you liked the picture It turned out pretty well.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:00 PM   #54  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Another 4pt day for me i'm well and truly "into" this now sometimes it takes a while for the penny to drop it always seems to click in Spring

Susan, which one is you you don't look the least bit overweight to me are you sure that you weigh that much?? Nice Pic!

Faye, When i went to England last month i inadvertantly threw my manicure set into my carry on luggage at the last minute just was'nt thinking that that would be considered a weapon and it was confiscated at the airport they would'nt even put it somewhere for me to collect on my return, miserable devils..my BIL told me that he knows someone that works at the airport and that there are thousands of them (nail scissors etc) thrown into dumpsters. Don't go overboard with the carry on bag because it has'nt to weigh more than 11lbs anymore and they'll make you check it in. Off to treadmill, BBL
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #55  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All - Just checking in

I am sort of worried about not being down anything this week, ya know I sort of blew last weekend, here and there, and I think I have just been working this week to get back down to 205 or just stayed there, so we will see, I guess only tomorrows morning weigh will tell

Faye - I am so jealous of you and know that you will have a great, great time...I hope you do win some, just some

Cat - that was funny asking which one was Susan, at first I thought you were serious , JK

Hope all of you are having a great day, it is real sunny here but still cold, brrrrrrrrrr

Later ...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:52 PM   #56  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

julie
susan
ms cat (from yesterday)
carri
cat

Cat: thanks for the info. My carryon has very little in it and is pretty small, about the size of a handbag maybe. I took everything pretty much out of it and put it in the checked bags! I am not about to pay good money to have someone throw something out so I have been really scouring through everything. I put my razor (one of those new ones with the soap attached) in Jack's shaving kit and it is being put in his checked clothes bag. The darn thing cost like $9 so I don't want it tossed!

I had to do something kind of creepy. I kept forgetting about it and so today thought about it and came up here and typed a letter to the kids that goes with our wills in which I tell them who to contact about our life insurance policies, how to stop Jack's Navy retirement, etc then included a note from us to them and that made me boohoo! Now I am all melancholy, which is dumb. I just don't want my kids to have any problems getting money to bury us and not have to go through a lot of probate crap when we don't have a lot. I think in this day and age it is fool hardy to say nothing can happen to you so I wanna make sure it is all prepared.

Well, girlies, I need to go.

Faye
Old 04-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #57  
Gym'll fix it!!

Faye, I wrote my will and gave it my daughter last year cos i don't want her and my son to be messed around either, i did'nt think to enclose a "goodbye" note as well! she laughed and said "Nothings going to happen to you" so far she is right How long is your flight Faye? its only 2.5hrs to Vegas from here but i've driven it 3 times

I've just finished my 3ml walk i'm going to make lunch now
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:36 PM   #58  

Cat: The flight is 3 1/2 hours give or take a few minutes. I hear leaving Vegas is a nightmare and you need to be at the airport at least 3.5 to 4 hours ahead of time because of the horrendous lines. My dd said they stood in line at McCarran to go through the checkpoint for all most 2 hours! I am not looking forward to stuffing my big old bod into those tiny seats for that long, but I will survive it. I survived it when I weighed more than 400 lbs and it has to be better than that!

I was just checking one more time to see if I needed to do anything. I have some work to do tonight so see you in the morning.

Faye
Old 04-02-2004, 06:27 AM   #59  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #62