Old 03-30-2004, 08:00 PM   #31  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

A 4pt day for me yesterday and on track for another one today

Faye, sorry to hear about your injury i was shopping today and its blowing a gale out and when i got back in the car i had one leg in and was just lifting my other one in (the delicate foot one ) when a gust of wind slammed the door shut right on my ankle..boy, did that hurt but thankfully its alright now.

Bought myself a nice piece of fresh cod for dinner so i'm having fish and chips will either bake some in the oven or be lazy and have McCains

Carri, my hair is about 4" from my waist and i don't have that problem i always wear it up tho' because it gets on my nerves
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Carri, sorry but my hair is about shoulder length and I don't have that problem. Use to have oily hair til the hyst now it is on the dry side. I get by with everyother day.

Eating suck totally today. Last day of steriods good for me. I just hope that they dont stay in my system too long.

night all
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:01 AM   #33  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Anyone have a problem we can help with or just a good old gripe?

Good morning ladies. Sorry I didn't get back in here last night.

My gripe is I am going nuts waiting to leave and so I am doing big time boredom eating. I stayed home all day yesterday and ate and ate and ate and not anything that made me feel better either. So with that being said, I am going out to the gym this morning for a little while and go to the library and probably get my nails done today instead of tomorrow.

As to the hair issue, No I actually have marvelous hair and scalp and as long as I get a really good haircut I have no problems. In fact, I have never had long hair so I am not able to help at all except I would put it up when I exercised to get it off your neck, which is where I sweat the most. What about just using plain old cool water when you come home to wash out the sweat but you aren't adding shampoo so it shouldn't dry it out?

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Even when you are alone, your conscience is with you. Listen to it.

Later ladies.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning!

Faye, I hope that today goes lots better for you. I hate eating out of boredom, which we all have been know to do from time to time. Work use to be the worse place for me to do that.

My gripe. Steriods! I am thankful that my doctor listened to me and when this infection in my leg spread to the other one and prescriped me something else over the phone. However, I didn't know how bad steriods were on the body til now. I have eaten more in the past week then I have in quit some time and talk water retaining water. I have now finished with all of the course of them and an hopeful that my body goes back to where it was at. Ok I am going to shut up now so I wont get on a soap box.

Faye, enjoy your day today. Nails, I want to get them so badly but I have to wait til I get to 170. Something to look forward to.

Time for work. Here's to a great day!

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:55 AM   #35  

Morning lovelies........

My woe today is yesterday.......it BLEW hard!! I got NO points......none. Never even did any yoga. It was one of those days where I just sat in front of the computer surfing from site to site, bored out of my mind!!!!! I seem to be having some kind of midlife "the kids are in school, now what the **** am I going to do with my life" crisis. All I can think about is how I had so many dreams, I put them all away when I had my kids, and now they're all clamoring for attention again. I've been told this is all perfectly normal and not to overreact. So, I'm trying to pick one dream, one goal and work towards it now......before it's too late. Somehow being a housewife just isn't as fulfilling as the brochure made it out to be

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who totally caves to boredom. I did try to keep a handle on the eating....ate too much, but not TOO much (and not anything really BAD). I think if I had just gotten up and taken my morning walk like usual, yesterday would have been fine. I messed up my routine and it threw my whole day. So, today I did get up and my exercise is done. Just have to get that water in. Those water bottles have a special name that starts with an "N" Napthene? Or something like that.

I hope today is better for all of us! Spring keeps teasing us here, a warm sunny day, then days of cold and grey........ah well, today is the last day of "March Hill". In the north, March is viewed as this last big hill of winter. YOu gotta climb it to get to "real" spring on the other side. It bites, but you gotta do it.

Hey, Faye.....you need a project.....a short one, just enough to get you through till you leave. Don't you like to make scrapbooks? Why don't you make a nice, but empty, album for your son to put the wedding pictures in? Or go to the park to read.....just get out of the house! There's no cure for boredom eating other than just putting your mind to something else.

Alright, I've rambled on enough. Everyone have a great day today.........

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:10 AM   #36  
It is what it is...

Morning -
3 points for me yesterday, did get any exercise in, didnt feel so well...although the exercise might have made it better, plus it rained all day and was gloomy, took all I had not to eat away the gloominess

Thank for the suggestions on the hair, I guess I will just put it up on top of my hair, because like one of you said I sweat mainly on the back of the neck, and then not worry about it, wash it when I need to...

Oddly enough I really do not have a Weds woe, which is odd because I can always find something to complain about, ask my dh !!!

Well it looks like yet another rainy day here today...at least it is fairly warm, isnt April the rainy month?

All of you have a great day, and work that program!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:10 AM   #37  

Girls, I listened to the thought of the day and got my butt out of bed, did my chores, took Jack to work, went to the gym and did a workout (my knee and ankle are lots better) and have taken my vitamin, citrucel, and started on my water so I am up and running.

Julie: I didn't eat anything bad, because I didn't have anything bad in the house, but I still just munched on all kinds of stuff instead of keeping to plan. I had a book and read it completely cover to cover yesterday morning and was done with it my 9 am! That is what caused the trouble. Oh, btw my dd and I (before all this wedding mess with her) bought a beautiful yellow scrapbook with matching colored paper to do a wedding scrapbook for my dil and son as a gift to her for her birthday. Now I just hope she will help with it after I come back and get the pictures printed off. Thanks for the great ideas!

Anyway, I am going to go and get things done today and keep myself busy including a trip to the library for some paperbacks to read on the plane and in the airport while we wait and to keep me occupied at home. Thank goodness I love to read!

**INFO REGARDING MY TRIP: Jack is taking the laptop so I should be able to post everyday to keep us up and running. I will send pics too so you can see I am getting my exercise in and even with yesterday can still wear my new dress! **

Faye
Old 03-31-2004, 09:39 AM   #38  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey ladies,
I am so proud of myself. (yeah, I have been staying OP and drinking all my water and doing my exercise But..) Not only did I refrain from drinking the soda that the Boys bought yesterday (I did have two small glasses of diet Pepsi) but at the end of the night I made D take the extra soda home with him. Now it won’t be sitting in my fridge tempting me and the BF.
On the other hand, when I arrived at H’s house for our afternoon walk yesterday I was practically in tears. One of my friends, who is like seriously into fitness, has a training book which asks you for your mood before each workout (he runs marathons) and if he fills in the frowny face too often his coach makes him reevaluate his training program. I am not sure what about my exercise program is making me so unhappy. But I am not going to the gym today. Purposefully. This afternoon I am going to walk up to the bike shop to give another shop at that break thing.
I may give my Belly Twins DVD a go as well just to get in some stretching and extra cardio.

My Wednesday Woe: Its raining. And it is supposed to for the rest of the week. Why is everything conspiring to keep me off my bike?

I hope everyone else has a great day.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #39  

Hello
4 points for yesterday
Woe: sore muscles! I did legs yesterday and even though I did arms on monday they are still very stiff...I'm doing them again today and will just have to work through it. Also its not sunny here like the report said it was supposed to be! But its still early, maybe it will burn off.

Question: I know you are supposed to have an off day between weight training workouts...but is it ok to do it everyday if you concentrate on different areas ie upper body one day, legs the next? Because that's what I was planning on. I've been doing some good cardio and then heading down to the weight room everyday. Should that be ok?

Julie - I believe Nalgene bottles are what you are thinking of. I don't have one, but about 90% of the campus does...its apparently a "thing" for college students

Last edited by Scuzin; 03-31-2004 at 11:19 AM.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:46 PM   #40  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

I decided on the Crinkle cut chips last night could'nt be bothered to peel spuds and stayed with a measly 100g portion with 4ozs of fresh cod and peas it was delicious and i will be having that again. Got another 4pt day yesterday i'm on a roll

Susan, you'll be fine doing the alternate upper and lower body workouts
Old 03-31-2004, 01:11 PM   #41  
It is what it is...

Knobhdy ( or Julie ) - I have heard quite a bit about that dvd belly dancing by these twins, is it a good cardio workout? If so what is the name of the one that you like?

Cat - great job on staying OP !!!

Hey, what is this Nalgene bottle??

Faye - Dont worry you will be leaving soon enough, ha ha

Just checking in after lunch to see what everyone is up to....

Later ...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:23 PM   #42  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey Carri,
I am not sure that I would recommend any of the belly twins stuff for cardio. I mean if it is all you will do that day. I have basic movies, arms and abs, thighs and butts, and something else. (all titles are approximate)

In each of these tapes the actual exercise part last less then 20 minuets, sometimes as short as 15, not including a warm up and cool down. The moves themselves are fun and more or less accurate to what I learned from my RL teacher.

All of the tapes I have are good for a stretch and to get me moving but while some of my bits feel like they have gotten a workout afterwards, it isn’t a all over thing, and I often feel like I need to do a tape twice to get the full benefits.

On the other hand the retunes are fun and they build and layer moves which is always good for a dancer to know. They also encourage you to practice isolation.

I would recommend borrowing a copy from a friend or the video rental store before you buy, to see if you like it.

Also a Nalgene bottle is a hard plastic water bottle. They are see-through (and often tinted weird colors. Would you believe I had to hunt down a sea-foam one that a kid had left in the lunch room?) And very expensive. You can get them at REI or places like that.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:33 PM   #43  
Gym'll fix it!!

Carri i've just walked/jogged 3mls and feel great got to decide what to eat now then its off to the mall i go
Old 03-31-2004, 06:53 PM   #44  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri
Knobhdy
Susan
Cat

Everyone is doing terrific!

I got one of these water bottles for my birthday and I heard they were the rage but I HATE it. It has no spout, no opening for a straw. You have to unscrew the cap and drink, which is stupid if you are doing any kind of movements you will be soaked. It IS in a pretty color of pink, but it sits in my cabinet because it is useless to me.

Well, I ran all over town doing errands so I didn't have time to sit and eat all day. I got some books also, so will be kept busy between that and packing the rest of our stuff for the trip.

I got this great color nail polish that goes perfect with my dress so I will be hot hot hot! Well, at least to Jack.

You guys have a great evening and I will talk to you later.

Love, D
Old 03-31-2004, 07:29 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone,

Having a great day here just been to Wally's World and treated myself to a new keyboard as my old one had a few sticky keys and i was sick of hitting it hard

Faye, how many times have you been to Vegas? your excitement is coming through my computer screen I love that place too and i might go in May for my 50th birthday i think that will be trip No 6 or is it 7