Old 03-24-2004, 06:42 PM   #16  
Gym'll fix it!!

Aaaahh, the eggs with the yolks mean that the user is online and you can send them a PM

I've not achieved much today at all but i'm still going to exercise think i'll hop on my bike for 20mins or so. I'm OP and have planned my meals for the day so i should do OK
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM   #17  

Default Great Wednesday Woes!

I am having such a great day I can't even complain - thanks Faith for the info on complaints - will try to save them up for Wednesday's in the future.

Went to MWL to weigh in prepared for bear - got the nurse I don't like but she must have seen "don't mess with me on my face" and didn't say much about my weight. Of course I had gone up 2 lbs since the morning and my last weigh in. She asked me if I ate before I came and accepted the increase as being due to eating lunch and drinking my water very late. I told her I would not be in till Friday, too!

Had a great day yesterday - a 4 pointer and I am on my way to a 4 pointer today as long as I can get my water in.
Julie - good luck finishing your sewing!
Satine - I hope you feel better soon - push the water and get fluids in your bowls.

Have a great evening everyone!
mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:51 PM   #18  

Default Ooops!

I mean bowels!
mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:19 AM   #19  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday. Be sure and make time for YOU today!

MsCat: Got your pm and added your bio and the bowls booboo was funny!

later girls!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:08 AM   #20  

Talking

Good morning Ladies...I had a 4 pointer yesterday...hope to have another today...a little sore from all the working out,but that's a good thing....later...Joy
jloo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:45 AM   #21  

Morning Lovelies!
Well, I made the dress rehearsal deadline last night. Was sewing right up until an hour before it was time to leave. Which was good because I had to do my stage makeup and that always takes a long time. We have a small, local performance on this Saturday and then I start sewing for the "big" show in May. I'm trying to do baby steps every day instead of saving it all until the last minute (which is inevitably when my machine decides it is done working!)

Yesterday still ended up being pretty good. 3 points in all......totally forgot to drink my water until I got home last night and was Parched! Ended up drinking 1/2 my daily amount right there. Today should be good.....I took a 45 minute walk outside this morning. The birds were positively screaming and I heard sounds of baby goats in the distance (made me miss my lambs that were always born this time of year). Those are all sure signs of spring around here. Gonna fill my water bottle now, so I don't forget. Today is clean the house day....I'm a total slob when I'm on a sewing binge!

Looks like everyone is doing really well on the points this week! Keep it up everybody!

Until soon,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:53 AM   #22  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Ladies,
I had a 3 pointer yesterday and it was really all my fault. I usually don’t have time to get to the gym on Wed, cause I have this crazy schedule, so yesterday I didn’t bring my clothes for it. Of course wouldn’t you know, I did have both the time and a driving desire to get down there and work out. <sigh>
So I consoled myself that I would get out on my bike when I got home and that would make it all better. Well I did get my bike out, but when we tuned it up (cause it was sitting for all winter) I discovered that all four brake pads were bad. I seem like too much of a risk to go out on them and the local bike shop was already closed. So I am carrying one of the brake pads in my car and I am stopping by the shop on my way home. I am biking tonight GD, and there is nothing I can do to stop me.

Maybe that will be my me time.

I also had issues eating yesterday. I stayed below calories. Way below calories. This always happens to me when I start counting them. I stop eating them, which in some ways is good but last night the SigO had to force to me have dinner and even then I didn’t quite make it to 1000. (I was aiming for between 1200 and 1500) I started out with my granola bar earlier today and I have an extra one for a snack later on.

Do you ladies have suggestions of low-fat, low-sugar snacks that you enjoy? If I could fit in one or two more snacks a day that would boost me over at least the 1200 mark and I would feel more like I was grazing. (Which I love to do!)

I did get my “before” photos taken, and me measured so I will have something to compare to later on. (say mayday) besides just the scale. I would post them for y’all but the SigO declared if I was going to pose in *that* then he has the only person who got to see the pictures. (and yes he was excluding me along with everyone else but as it is my camera and my computer they are on, there is little he can do about it. Bwah ha ha!!)

I hope everyone has a great day today!
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:24 AM   #23  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls

Boy last night was a hard one...suddenly around 6:30, after I had eaten dinner and my dh had left for a concert, I found myself alone with a container of my favorite cheese balls....I had enough points left for the day to have a serving of them if I wanted...so I counted out the serving and started eating, I could tell I was ready to binge...I got done with the serving and what did I do? I went right back in the kitchen and grabbed the whole container to take to the couch with me, BIG MISTAKE, well right when I was like 2 balls in
my mom calls, she talks to me for like 45 mins...THANK GOD for her, after we hung up I no longer wanted the cheese balls, had the binge under control and put the canister away!!! So I still was under points and had an OP ( 3 point )
day...I would have felt so bad, I have not had an UP-OP day since Jan 28th
( checked my food journal ) .... but I was thinking from now on if I get like that and I am alone, I am calling someone my Mom - it works!!!!

Julie - Good job on getting your sewing done, if you ever take any pictures of your costumes, post them on here, I would love to see them....yes Spring is on the way, great isnt it?

Knobhdy - Thanks, I will go home and fill my "bowls" with water, ha ha, sorry that was funny, I cannot think of any lowfat snacks off hand, you already mentioned granola bars, and I eat alot of those, but I will think about it...

Faye - I am going to make time for me Thursday all about me spending time with that canister of cheese balls, just kidding

Okay Girls, have a good day, check back later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:49 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all welcome to all the new chickies here! Miss for a while and you sure to miss alot. Thanks everyone for the prayers for my mother. She had a fall a little over 3 years ago and broke a leg as a result. The surgery that was done to repair the leg left her with 1 plate and 7 screws on one side of the leg and 2 screws on the other side of the leg. The whole time after ward she never did heal, there was a small hole on her leg, which was in part due to diabites(sp). There have always been times that the hole was red and there was almost always something draining from it. Time and time I have mentioned it to her primary care physician and also to her surgeon. Both of whom dismissed any concers. Three years later her leg is red from the ankle to the knee cap. Finally I force her to go to the doctor and he tries to admit her but she askes for something that so that she wont have to go to the hospital so the doctor does try. This doesn't work, 2 days after that he has to lace a place on her leg, and send the stuff off for testing. On a Tuesday she is called and told to get over to his office asap. When she gets there her doctor tells her that she needs to get to the hospital asap so that she can get iv antibotics started that he is afraid that her infection is going to the bone and she is at extremly high risk to loose her leg. Then the hospital tells her to go to the house there isnt a bed for her and they will call her when they are ready. This inturn pisses me off to no end. I call the bed supervisor and get told that they do have a bed and to bring her on there. I get her there and admited she is given some antibotics and then scheduled for surgery the next morning. The doctor and the surgeon is by this time afraid that the leg could be unsaveable. We got lucky and he was able to scrape the infectin off of the bone and he removes the hardware that was infected. Of course I am given the hardware in the biohazard bag and it is washed, so that I guess nobody could culture it. I find out a few days later that she has had a staff eppi infectin for a long long time. There have been some people that are in the medical field(nurses) that tell me that staff infections can sometimes lay dorment for a while. I am glad that she has came thru this alright but the fact remains did she get infected at the same hosptial that she was at for the removel? Her meds for the 6 wks treatment is going to cost 1800.00 and there is no way in the world she can really afford them. We have to wait til the bills start pouring in to get help for her but I am seriously considering legal action. Ok I have griped enough to make up for lost time.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am back and that I will be catching up slowly. I have been having problems with my right leg and my right arm as well. I am slowly getting better and can actually walk not in pain. So I have exercised in over 2 weeks but I am back to the routine now. Gotta run have to shower and go to the hosptial for a med refill and get my mothers iv going and pay some bills before work today.

Here's to a BLESSED DAY to all!

HUGS

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:58 AM   #25  
It is what it is...

Default Yeah me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY GIRLS, I know we are supposed to wait until tomorrow for pounds down but I am too damn excited!!! I made my March 31st goal early!!!!!
205!!!

Now I can set up my new goal below......

Hope everyone has a great one!!!!

Sandy - Hope your Mom feels better real soon, and yourself!!! Great to hear from you girley....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:18 AM   #26  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Mscat:
Joy
Julie
Knobhdy
Carri and some extra for reaching goal early!
Faye

Sandyg: I continue to pray your mom gets better each day. What a horrible thing to happen that could possibly have been prevented!

I did a 50 minute workout on threadmill this morning and then will go back with Jack tonight and just do a nice walk while he is exercising. I had a horrible food day, which happens from time to time, but I didn't let it get out of control for longer than one day. I had a yogurt smoothie this morning that is pretty good, 80 cal and no fat. It think it is Light and Lively. The Nouriche ones are 280 calories and have fat in them. Funny how now the first thing I do with prepared foods is turn them over!

I just read on AOL news that Richard Simmons got charged with assault for slapping a male passenger in the Phoenix airport because the guy made a remark about dropping their bags and dancing to the 50's or something like that. Sheesh, RS needs to lighten up for heaven's sakes. He asks like the biggest flake there is anyway!

I would like a normal not weird recipe for fixing couscous, doe anyone eat it? I have never eaten it, but would like to try it and maybe serve it to Jack but he eats NOTHING the least bit unusual so anything that goes in it can't be odd, so to speak, no chickpeas, spinach, lamb, etc because he won't eat it then. Thanks everybody!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 03-25-2004 at 10:22 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #27  

Hi again ladies,
Sandy--Welcome back! and I hope your mom is feeling better now....at least the stress of "not knowing what's going on" is over.

Faye, couscous is great stuff! It is just plain old pasta that's been shaped through a ricer (kind of like a tiny sieve) instead of a regular spaghetti or macarone shaped machine. It tastes just like pasta, but it's grainier. You can cook it plain and put butterbuds on it, or I like to cook it in chicken broth. Then it tastes like the rice-a-roni stuff, only better for you. You don't have to add anything to it, unless you want to. It cooks REALLY FAST too. You can buy preseasoned boxes of couscous, just like you can prepackaged noodles and rice. But beware of the sodium content!! It's better to just buy it plain and control the seasonings yourself.

Congrats on the goal Carrie!!! I'm right behind you.....won't divulge how close until Friday, though

I've said it before and I'll say it again......for snacks that have almost no caloric impact, but you can graze on all day....FROZEN GRAPES! Taste like sorbet, it's hard to eat more than one at a time. I also like chocolate graham crackers, my new faves for salt are goldfish "crisps". They are basically your regular goldfish, but smashed flat and baked. One serving is 37 crackers! And they come in your multi-flavored chip varieties like sourcream n' onion, etc.

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:52 AM   #28  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Hi Sandy, sorry you are having to go through such an ordeal but glad that your Mom had a successful surgery

Carri, CONGRATULATIONS

Knobhdy, I sometimes eat a bowl of cereal as a snack but without milk, i love SugarCrisp don't know about the sugar content tho' I also eat healthy choice choc pudds but when i was in Walmart the other day i discovered that Hunts do a fat free one which is even less 87cals and 0.3fat they are pretty good too what about just plain old popcorn? i bought a hot air popper and its really good warm

A 4pt day for me i forced myself to go on my exercise bike for 20mins last night and also did 10mins with resistance bands
Old 03-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #29  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey all,

Carrie - congratulations on getting to goal way early. You get a big gold star in my book.

Julie - i have heard frozen grapes before. They sound great but I really can’t do frozen things near my teeth. I warm my ice cream.

But I like the goldfish idea. Unfortunately the SO will want to eat then all at once. He often triggers bad responses in me cause he eats something that I was saving to have when I wanted (could afford the calories for) it. So then I feel that if I have something like that at home I need to eat it or loose it. I have tried to talk to him about it but it doesn’t help. and I know it is my fault for giving into my mutt impulses but what can I say?

I did hit the gym today so I got in my exercise but I will only count it for half a point cause I also want to get in a bike ride this evening.

Have a stellar day, Ladies!
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:03 PM   #30  
Gym'll fix it!!

Knobhdy, well get one box that he knows about and get another box for you ( and hide it ) i have low-fat stuff stashed in the kitchen that hubby does'nt know about he does'nt care if munchies are low fat and expensive or full fat and cheap he'll clean up the lot! so i hide the ones that i want, it works too for some reason he never looks in that one kitchen cupboard if only he knew.