Old 03-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #46  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Well Done Julie

No loss for me, i stayed the same and i'm happy not to see a gain i had a 4pt day yesterday and even managed to treadmill 2mls foot was twinging a bit but it held up fine. I'm making the mistake of coming online first thing in the morning tho' instead of exercising first it was 3pm before i got around to it yesterday i'm going to do some at 9am this morning
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:51 AM   #47  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning ladies, (I know it is almost noon)
Julie - Congratulation on your loss. (It feels so good to say that. I had a coworker loose a family member yesterday and well the word is having negative connotation right now.) Onederland is right around the corner. It seems so good to get there.

Me, I am doing all right. I didn’t eat too much last night at dinner. Stayed under calories but I did manage to eat the minimum. Felt good. I almost didn’t make it cause the FIL (almost) was late and I was so hungry cause I had not eaten my afternoon snack so I could eat at the restaurant. But I made it and was rewarded with fresh rolls, and pad thai (of which I only ate 1/3)
I am proud of me. (and it means I had a 4 point day, my first! The first of many!)

I just got back from the gym. Oh boy, am I tired. That makes three days this week. Unfortunately I had to skip lunch to go, so I had to eat my mid afternoon snack early and I will have lunch late. I can handle.

I hope you ladies all have a great day.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #48  

Default [COLOR=Blue]Fabulous Friday[/COLOR]

Hi Ladies! Was constantly on the run yesterday so I didn't get to post nor did I do much to pamper myself. Still a good day - stayed on my plan and exercised. Had trouble with my water - only got in 80 oz. My favorite Mary Kay quote is "Shoot for the moon. If you miss it, at least you will land amongst the stars!"

I am to weigh in with MWL this afternoon. I was not going to peek at the numbers but since it is pounds down day I am considering it. I feel really confident about it because I can feel loss of inches in my pants!

Julie - YGG! Congrats!!! I can't wait to get to the "0" s in the 200s again!
Knobhdy - good for you on your first 4 pointer!

I love the tips everyone on eating single servings instead of out of the box or package. I am constantly fussing - "Get a bowl or a plate!" I like the suggestion of pre-bagging serving sizes when the snacks are first purchased. I am writing a parenting book and I my model addresses discipline as being 50% prevention. Going to institute more "prevention discipline" for my family in the snack area! Have a great Friday!

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:20 PM   #49  

Hi gals! Of course I HAD to come back and see if anyone replied to me!
Knobdhy- I would love to chat about Nursing School. Just finished my first term. It is really a lot of work, but I think anyone can do it if they want to. I had my BS in Biology when I decided to go into Nursing, I still had to do a year of science pre-requisites because I had never taken Anatomy and Phys. (that was 3 quarters long), Microbiology, or Intro to Statistics. And yes, I had had an advanced stats class but still had to take the intro one! It is a lot of hoops to jump through ( I also had to take cultural anthropology, human developement, interpersonal communications, nutrition etc etc etc before I could get in!) BUT-----I love the feeling that I will never be out of work once I am done! I am very happy that I decided to "go for it." Otherwise I might be spending the rest of my life stocking shelves at Barnes and Noble with my fellow college graduates! Very few degrees guarantee a good job these days. I am happy with my choice. I would love to hear from you!

Faye, your generosity keeps me coming back for more, thanks for checking in. Good luck with your kids. Sounds like you are fighting the good fight. I HATED it when my mom stopped getting involved in my decisions instead of giving me her opinion! That meant I had to take responsibility for my own life! I still hate it sometimes. But I don't abuse and blame her for my problems like I used to, a much healthier arrangement for all!

Buena suerte, todos!

Kim
KimmyAnn47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:30 PM   #50  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Cat
Knobhdy
Joy
Mscat

Kim: If people want another "write your ticket job" that is pharmacy. My future dil makes a bazillion dollars and went to work for a large department store chain and got 6 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Gotta go!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 07:23 AM   #51  

Default Good Morning!

I missed posting last night partly because I was a little bewildered about not having a weight loss for the entire week I have worked very hard to stick to the plan, exercising everyday and drinking my water. I only missed my water goal one day by 20 oz. and I ate appropriately every day (until last night of course!).

I decided to weigh myself at home first before going to MWL. Good thing! If I had shown up there with 0lb loss - Hmmmmm! So I did not go. Later, that night I had 4 fig newtons and a rice cake with peanut butter The rice cake is the first white processed food I have had all week!

After my a.m. exercise, I will probably go weigh in. Maybe I will lose a half a pound I refuse to let this get me down - at least I didn't gain. I can feel I have lost inches. Recorded my measurements for the first time in months yesterday. Can't wait to compare my inches loss next week. I will continue to follow the plan for at least two more weeks and only weigh in with them at the end of each week. Depending on how things go next Friday - I may have to reduce my stress about weigh-ins (they want me to weigh in at least 3 times a week) and do MWL at home or switch back to Body Maker.

Welcome back Kimmy! I admire your tenacity.

Have a GR8 Day, everyone!
mscat sw 238/cw228/gw140 mini gw - 210 by May Day
Old 03-27-2004, 07:27 AM   #52  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday and our Sunny Thought Topic is "KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS" Do you have a funny kids story?

Good morning ladies and hope everyone is starting their weekend out well.

Here you go with my chuckle contribution. I think it is precious:

You'll Have to Milk Him! (this is a true story)

The scene: the diner, early one morning, with my 6-year-old, 4-year-old and 9-month-old sons.

The waitress comes over and asks the older two boys if she can take their little brother home with her. (Why do so many people ask this???)

Martin, the 4-year-old, looks at her very earnestly and says, "Well if you do, you'll have to milk him..."

She does a double-take, and asks what he said. "You'll have to milk him!" Martin replies. The waitress finally realizes what he means, smiles, and retreats.

Hope this one makes you smile and starts your day off now who else has something?

Faye
Old 03-27-2004, 09:03 AM   #53  

Morning ladies!

4 points for yesterday....woo hoo. I think I only had 2 off days this week, but I haven't really been keeping track. Performance tonight with one of my classes....they are so nervous! I hope they just remember to have fun. I got each of them a rose for tonight to make them feel special. It's so cool to see grown women, some of them in their 50's and 60's, learning to dance for the first time and actually having the nerve to get up and perform! It's really all about the sequins in the end!

MsCat--I would seriously question any weight loss program that wants you to weigh in more than once a week! Are they selling you anything?? Do you have to pay for the weigh ins?? Do any of their other clients weigh in that often with POSITIVE results?? With as much as you've been exercising, you know you're gaining muscle. You're not dehydrated, cuz you've been drinking your water....and most initial weightloss on these programs is due to dehydration. I'm really surprised that you seem to be getting so much negativity from them. Personally, I'd quit and just work at home. You can track your calories, exercise, nutrients and stuff for free at www.fitday.com . Lots of people here use it. And if you need advice or support, well that's what WE'RE here for! So, don't feel like you've done anything wrong.......you're doing things RIGHT! IF your program doesn't like it, then KISS OFF! (Well, that's my Humble opinion! )

As for "kids say"..........my 2 daughters are 1 year apart in age and very competitive with each other, especially the younger one who is a whiz at math. Well, when the older one was in Kindergarten and the younger was still at home they got into a screaming match over who was smarter. The younger would ask "what's 2+2?" and the older would answer "4"......"what's 3 +2?"......."5"........."oh YEAH?? What's 7 + BROCCOLI?"

I will never forget that!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 01:51 PM   #54  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Another 4pt day for me and i managed to walk 3mls yesterday without the foot giving out it feels good to treadmill again I've planned my meals for today and as long as i stick to it i'll be having approx 1400cal and 27g fat ( i've even allowed myself 4 beers in that if i want them ) no doubt it will change as the day progresses always does when i write it down.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:02 PM   #55  

Default Sunny Saturday Post!

Having a great day. Decided not to bother with MWL weigh in, ever again! I know I am making progress in spite of the iron monster. As my dd says, "I don't need their sass!" I am confident in going back to eating the amount of protien I know my body needs and drinking as much D water as I want! I am MAD about it (Motivated and Determined) and nobody or their scale is going to get in my way!
COMPLETED A 2 MILE TREADMILL WORKOUT IN 41 MINUTES THIS A.M
Normally I only workout for 20 - 22 minutes for a mile! Afterwards, weighed myself for the last time till next week and low and behold, I was 226!

Julie - Break a leg! for your concern. MWL charges an up front fee for a determined number weeks of monitoring (min. 3 weigh-ins a week, BP and diary review) and bulk fees for supplying "nutrients" required with your plan. The nutrients have a chemical in them that helps facilitate weight loss. It has worked for quite a few people I know but does not have enough protein, has too many carbs, no group support sessions, and if you are not losing consistently - that weigh in is the pits. I am done with it!

Funny kid story - My youngest was about six and preparing her favorite dolls - Cabbage patch twins Ernie and Ralphie for church. They were quite grungy so I asked her to leave them at home. "Why, Mommie?" she implored. "Because they are dirty!" I snapped. She put her hands on her hips and with a 'shame on you, you should know better look, retorted',
"Mom, they are boys!"

Have a GR8 day. MsCat
sw238/cw226/gw140
Old 03-27-2004, 03:04 PM   #56  

points points points:

Julie
Cat

good job ladies!

Hope everyone's afternoon is shaping up nice. We went to lunch and to Wallie's world and picked up some light bulbs for a night light to take with us, and Jack needed a glass case to take his regular glasses in. I cleaned the whole house and did all the laundry by 9 am this morning so I am free free free and we even packed some more so we are at about 95% now. Jack is down to counting hours. We are at 149 hours to go! The bad part is it will go really fast and we will be back home before you know it. That is how it always happens!

Everyone enjoy your afternoon and evening.

Julie: loved the story of your kids! Never count out the little ones!!!!

Faye
Old 03-27-2004, 03:44 PM   #57  
Gym'll fix it!!

Just finished a 3ml walk and i'm now drinking a pint of water

MsCat, i watched "Taking it Off" this morning about a group of people in Canada following a weightloss program for six months..they are all on different diets and the guy that is on the medical one GAINED 2lbs at this weeks weigh-in maybe you will be better off without it
Old 03-28-2004, 07:03 AM   #58  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #61