Old 06-18-2004, 04:01 AM   #181  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Picture this: Both bathrooms in my house are currently and will continue to be occupied in the near future...maybe I should start digging in the backyard for an outhouse!

I am having quite an overwhelming time right now, and to top it off, DD's school calls yesterday to tell me she is vomiting all over the place. I get home with her (on a day I REALLY NEED TO BE IN SCHOOL) to find my DH having uncontrollable diarrhea as a result of not following his post surgery diet. DD's vomiting is under control at the moment. But DH (who I have given oodles of tlc this past week because of the surgery and his parents being jerks) is acting like a complete as*hole! How ungrateful! This is the story: He came home with a low fiber diet to give his colon a chance to heal. I bought all the necessary food. Has he been eating the food? No. He wanted to try foods off the diet...the diet was cramping his style. Well, I refused to feed him foods he shouldn't have, and I had a BEAR on my hands. On his birthday (Wednesday) he begged for food off the diet. He called the nurse and she told him he could go off the diet BUT NOT GO CRAZY. He nagged me until I made him hot dogs (he wanted pizza!) and bought him a birthday cake. Well, he finally wore me down using my sympathetic nature. Well, he has had violent diarrhea ever since. AND, HE IS BLAMING ME FOR FEEDING HIM FOOD THAT CAUSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, then he had the nerve to criticize me for going off my diet during the past week while I have been under undo stress and pointed out my bulging stomach to me when I got into our pool for the first time this year. What an S.O.B.!!! After I was the only person who treated him with love. After I was the only one who spent every waking moment at the hospital for five days straight. How dare he?!!! And, yes, I did go off my diet. I was good the day of the surgery. But when I saw what bad shape he was in the day after, I lost it and began to binge. I binged my way to gaining 5 pounds. What he fails to see is the 9 pounds I had lost...how hard I worked to lose it. This 5 will come off quickly...most of it is probably water weight. Either way, how dare he?!! I guess coming from parents who never loved him properly has left him deficient in loving others. I wish he hadn't been so friggin' charming when we met. I certainly wouldn't have married someone with so much baggage if I had known. Then again, without him, I wouldn't have DD.

School drama: Remember the state inspection? I received the final report yesterday. There are 4 things to correct. All 4 things are the responsibility of my supervisor, yet I am expected to write the report of corrections. And, I only have one week left of school with gobs of paperwork and graduation to get through!!! I called my supervisor yesterday, but left early to get DD, so if she called back, I missed her. This has to be settled in the next week, and I don't think it will be. They'd better not expect me to come in during the summer to deal with this. OH NO!!! And some "recommendations" for my program pissed me off. There are 2 other programs in our school system receiving grant monies that were inspected as well. One of them is a pilot program which has received a lot of attention and therefore got many commendations. Some of what they were commended for should have been shared with my program and the other one. For instance, they sent home family questionnaires in 7 languages. I was provided with only 2 languages. Why didn't my supervisor get me 7 languages if they were available?! Also, things my supervisor told me to do were all wrong in the state's eyes, so I have to change them back to how I originally did them. If my supervisor had left me to do some things my way, I would have received more commendations. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

So, here I am at 4 am having been awake for an hour so far totally stressed out and pissed off at my husband, the state of Connecticut, and my supervisor.
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:10 AM   #182  
Mommy, wife, teacher

If I catch my breath sometime this week (highly doubtful) I will start a new thread for us, "Teachers struggling...#6." Maybe we should rename it to something more positive like "Teachers conquering weight loss" or something. If you ladies have any other ideas, let me know...as long as we keep the word "Teachers" in it.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:10 AM   #183  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

((((hugs))))

Husband: MENNNNNN!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm soooo sorry! I'm going to hold my tongue further...except to tell you to hang in there..... WHAT an IDIOT! (((hugs)))

Daughter: I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter is ill. I hope that she feels better soon...Like by Sunday night so that she can go to school on Monday! ...and so can you!

State of Conn and Supervisor: Don't you HATE this junk? more ((((hugs)))) 7 languages? (Do you REALLY need 7?) BUT, you are correct....if one school can get their stuff in 7...then every school should get 7. (((hugs))) I was told 2 weeks before the end of school that I'd be expected to go back to school for a meeting for a child that I've LITERALLY begged for help for.... I made it known that I would not attend once my contract had ended. (They kept telling me that they would pay me for my time. Whoooopeeee.) I was more than just short and *****y about it.... They were out of compliance with this meeting anyway.... This kid and I had TRIED everything all year with little to know success.... I was MAD! Anyway.... amazingly (sarcasm!) the meeting was scheduled during the last week of school. Amazing! Make your conditions known..... Let them know that you are NOT available beyond your contract to work on this "stuff"....and then stand by it! It is amazing what can be done once they know that you aren't a patsy on the subject!

gotta run....heading to an archeological dig.... yeah, you read that right! Call me IndianaJones.... Boy Scouts!

(((hugs)))
I'm hopeful that you are getting some rest!
Take care,
Robyn
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:38 PM   #184  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Robyn: Thanks for your empathetic and humorous response!!!

Isn't it amazing how we are expected to do our best in a timely fashion, but it is okay for the "powers that be" to slack off till the last possible minute. I'm glad it is working out, but it is too bad they didn't help the child sooner.

Good news on the state front. My supervisor and director as well as the superintendent are totally in support of me. Apparently the state inspector gave bogus reports to everyone in the entire city. Everything is being taken care of for me by the big wigs. FOR ONCE I'm not left holding the bag!

DD stopped vomiting and has moved on to diarrhea. DH is still at it. Last night I panicked because his wound was oozing an orange icky substance! (Back when I had my gallbladder removed, my wound began to ooze blood and eventually started gushing blood, and I ended up in the ER white as a ghost. I had to remain in the hospital for a few days.) So, when he went through 4 gauze pads in an hour's time, I paged the surgeon. Another hour went by with no return call. DH wanted me to call 911. I knew that was overreacting because it wasn't gushing. We raced to the walk-in clinic at 830pm only to find out they close at 6pm on Saturdays! A lot of good they were. Finally the doctor called and prescribed an antibiotic. No hospital! I can't take much more of this. He has got to start getting better...or at least start showing some improvement. It is summer at 9pm tonite! I am so ready to celebrate, but it is hard when your partner is miserable. We are supposed to see Chicago and Earth, Wind, & Fire on Saturday night. I don't know if he will be able to go. I really thought that by the 26th he would be much improved. I guess this week will really tell. Heck, we may not even get the tickets. I ordered them from the fan club rep back in April, and I haven't gotten the tickets yet. She cashed the $170.00 check and said that the tickets would arrive one week before. I have a bad feeling about this now.

Robyn, have fun on your dig! Kerry, I hope your weekend was enjoyable. We've got beautiful weather in CT.

I'm gonna start a new thread either later tonite or tomorrow. I'm gonna call it, "TEACHERS SUCCESSFULLY LOSING WEIGHT!" I think it is about time we think more positively. Maybe this will help! Okay?
Old 06-20-2004, 09:12 PM   #185  
Mommy, wife, teacher

It Is Time For A New Thread: Teachers Successfully Losing Weight!!! See You There.