View Poll Results: Since Joining This Forum, Have You........
Lost 5-10 lbs. 0 0%
Lost More Than 10 lbs. 6 60.00%
Lost Weight But Gained It Back 3 30.00%
Gained Weight 1 10.00%
Stayed The Same Weight 0 0%
Don't Know....I Never Weighed 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2004, 11:31 PM   #31  
Losing it!

Deb, Deb, Deb....me thinks it won't be a surprise now when I call!!! Sorry I missed you! I debated on leaving a phone message and went ahead and left one. I always sound like a nerd on recorded messages, I get nervous and forget half of what I want to say!

Dee, will you please wipe the floor Kevin walked on and send me the tissue??? LOL! It must be WAY cool to be staying in a celebrity home!!!! Hmmmm....the only star I can think of I've associated with is ?????? Hmmm...guess I don't know one after all! Oh ya, it would be you! After all, you are staying at the KC villa and you have patted the pool boys butt!

Ramona, I agree with Shelley, try some monitors to hear noises at night. Do you wear a weight belt when you lift your mom? Maybe you should get one before you hurt your back.

Shelley, thank you for the complement! I want to get back into painting glassware again. Just not enough hours in the day!

Sher: How's the face? Ya, ol' smilie got voted off tonight! Honestly, it was his personality that bothered me, I thought he sang better then a few of the others.

Carol?? Carol who?? Do we know a Carol??? OH! That Carol!!!!! GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK! KEEP POSTING!!

Friends, I try not to complain, but will you all keep me in your thoughts? Several years ago I was diagnosed with Lupus where it affected my circulatory system. My immune system dropped and I suffered huge ulcers on my legs. The legs swelled to where I could hardly walk, and the sores ulcerated deep on my vein areas to the point I still have scarring and tender tissue. It was really bad around my ankle area. They put me on steroids and eventually it ran its course. It's my understanding it can lay dormant for several years and then you'll have a flare up. The past week I have had some of the same symptoms, swelling of one ankle, water retention and terrible fatigue. I am praying its nothing because I really DO NOT want to go through all of that again!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:43 AM   #32  

Gayle-Please go have it checked out! I can't believe that you have never told us about this. You are a very dear friend, and if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #33  

Gayle, my mother-in-law had lupus eryethematosus for 20 years. It is nothing to mess with. GO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT!!!
bootwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #34  

Howdy

This will be very short. I leaving soon for water aerobics.

Gayle,
Please....Please.....Please go to the Dr!!! DO WHAT YOU PREACH!!! I'm worried about you! Lupus is nothing to fool around with. Let us know if you go to the Dr....ok?

Gotta go.....Love You All!!!
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:52 PM   #35  

Hi all! Just checking in for a minute.

My uncle passed away yesterday evening with his family with him. He is no longer suffering. The funeral is Saturday.

Gayle please take care of yourself. Get to a dr. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Talk to you all later.

Tina
tinagailh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #36  

Gayle I love you and never, I said never feel like you complain to us when you are dealing with something. We care. We are here for you. I will pray for you but go to the doctor. Your tissue is in the mexican mail. It is so weird knowing that he lived here. His bedroom sure is big with a beautiful terras off of it, overlooking the cathedral and the bay. It such an awesome sight.

Vicki enjoy your visit with your parents. Each day is a gift. I know that it is hard for you.

Carol so good to hear that you posted. Please continue to post.

Debbie I am happy that you went to Grannymom and Grandaddys farm. I am sure that you have many special memories from there. Cherish them.

Tina how is your uncle doing? I know that this is hard for the family. Take care.

Shelley you are so lucky that your root canel didn't hurt. I had to have one without freezing. All I can say is OUCH. Never again.

Ramona, Shelley had a good idea about the monitor with for your mom. Remember that care givers have to take care of themselves too.

Sherry how is your face doing? You also need to go to the doctor. Take care of yourself.

This morning when I got up I went up to the top terras ( every room has one but the upper floor is just terras) and had my coffee as I looked out to the ocean watching a school of dolphins. It is so weird to be sitting here at Casa Yelapa and listening to people speak spanish as they past by on the street and hear the church bells chime. I just love it so much. The sky is blue, the bay is calm and it is hot. My boobs are golden brown. lol Juliana and I walked dodging the sun on the shady side of the sidewalk. This village has so much caracter (sp? I am brain dead, it will come to me later) We stopped by a sidewalk restaurant with all of four tables and had delicious shrimp tacos with jicama salad. We were just stuffed. On our walk we ran into many poeple we knew or that Juliana introduced me too. We arrived back to the casa around 1:00 quickly changed into our bathing suits and jumped into a refreshing pool. I am enjoying life to the fullest. I know that I am so fortunate to be here. Last night when the church bells were ringing for the mass I decided to attend it and thank the Lord for all the good things in my life. This cathderal holds many memories from our last visit when we were praying for mom to survive. The music was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. Juliana worked last night and also she is working tonight.
I really don't mind because I wander around Vallarta and enjoy every moment. The night sky is so beautiful. The sun sets into the ocean and it has been a spectacular view. What beauty there is here with all the flowering trees. So much I would like to tell you but I don't want to bore you all. Well time to hike up to our 7th floor and watch one more spectacular sunset. When I am on vacation I always think of you girls and think how lucky I am to have such precious friends. This time being have a pc with me I feel like I can keep in touch with you guys alll the time. Thanks for everything.

Love Dee
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:22 PM   #37  

Tina sorry to hear about your uncle. It took me awhile to write this post. I am glad that he is at peace now. Take care.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:39 PM   #38  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Tina....

I'm so sorry about your uncle. Just recently going through a great loss myself, I feel so much for your family. Losing a loved one is hard but at a young age seems it would be worse. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and especially with your cousin.

Hugs...debbie
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:58 PM   #39  

Tina, you and all of your family members are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it is hard, but try to take comfort in the peace that your uncle is now enjoying.
bootwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:38 PM   #40  

Tina,
I'm so sorry for your loss.May you & your family find peace.You're in my prayers.

Dee,
Your trip sounds amazing! I was taken it all in while I was reading your post. I closed my eyes and was dreaming I was there! You lucky girl!! The house sounds beautiful!! Do have a good & fun trip...You deserve it!!

About my face:
The spot is almost gone!!! Each day it has got better.I don't know what it was and may never know, but it's better.Thanks for asking everyone.

I'm soooooo sore!! The teacher of tonights water aerobics was much tougher then the Monday night class. But as the saying goes... When you're sore, You're doing something right!

Hugs!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:45 PM   #41  

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #79..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!!