Old 03-20-2004, 07:36 AM   #16  

Penny - How did the school fair night? Some kids were skating board in our driveway and porch. There was all kinds of racket outside. We have two driveways and we keep my car in the garage, never thought it would be such a popular skate site. BTW, I don't mind but the baby was sleeping and I did not want them wake him. I confronted them and they were good kids. Yes ma, No ma, I'm sorry.

Candy - I will feed him before I leave, he will have solids for dinner. He is having green beans this week. My mom hand picks each one so we can process. I have a bottle pumped for this evening. Tomorrow morning he will have cereal and banana and we will meet for early church. He will take the formula though, some breastfeed babies will not take it at all. So it should work out well. I can e-mail you the moms calender for the month if you would like. The contact actually lives in the north area. She lived over here and moved, but she was already contacted with this group she did not change.

Geri - I need to eat something in between on Sundays. Weekends are so busy for us that we so much eat on the go. I broke down and bought the Dr. Phil book. Just read the first chapter. Planning meals so it won't lead to destruction eating. Need to work more on that for the weekends.

Andrea - Hope the family is greating better. You have been going thru I lot lately. You need a

Jackie - I am with you 25 in 4 months. I am turning 30 at the end of May. DH is throwing me a birthday get together. I was hoping for 20 in 4 months, but this past month has been to up and down. I am with you. We are going to make this challenge.

Going to get a morning workout. Trying to convince dh that he needs to go with us to the gym too. He has a membership and never goes. What a waste? I think that is why I go so often b/c I think about how much it cost everytime I go. The nursery in itself pays for my membership.

Have a great on program weekend! I am the one to talk. Weekends are so tough for me. Taking pad in hand to write everything that goes into my mouth.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:26 AM   #17  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

Andrea, welcome back and I second that group hug from Melinda!

I'll get on that 25# in 4 months bandwagon Jackie!! Dust off that exercise equipment in your basement because
1. you know you have to do it and
2. it won't get warm around here for a couple of months!!!!!

Melinda I hope Dr Phil's book helps you...it did me...but all the eating out would kill me! I do hope you enjoy the wedding. My Dh won't intentionally exercise either...says he gets enough workout at work... I tell him it's not the same but he doesn't listen .

Got in my 3 mile walk this morning...gotta start doing the toning stuff soon though...can't do it with the kids around 'cause they'll climb on me and 8:30 at night is hard to get motivated! At least I'm getting my sweating in.

Well, I hope everyone has an OP day and a happy Saturday. I'll check back in with you later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 09:18 PM   #18  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all! Andrea, so glad to hear from you. I was getting worried. Glad Alex's surgery went well and hope dh will be feeling better soon.

Melinda, have fun!!! I'm sure JW will enjoy all the attention from Grandma.

Geri, congrats on your workout. My dh feels the same way as yours @ exercise and I say the same thing you do!!! I wish I could just get him to take a walk with me or something but I think walking is too "sissy" for a young guy. I don't know. Anyhows, I'm with you on needing to tone. It is so hard to find a good time for it. You really can't do it with the kids around. Even with mine being older, there is that temptation to jump on mom if she is laying on the floor. How many times a day do I say, "Mommy is not a jungle gym!" ???

Jackie, sorry I missed the fact that it was 25th. I was going from memory. We're here for you in getting off that weight by July!!! You can do it! And it will be fun to go!

Well, I passed out today. Kylie and I had taken a nap and I got up real slow because I was feeling lightheaded. Then I had to stand in the doorway to hold myself up and next thing I know Kylie is tapping me saying, "Mama, get up." I was laying on the floor and I don't remember laying down. I've been lightheaded all night. I called the ENT because I put in ear drops last night and they've felt clogged up in there ever since but he said the drops would not cause me to pass out. Anyways, I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Hi Ricci, Ginny, Spryng, and Penny!!! Missy, are you lurking out there? We miss you! Hi to anyone else I missed. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:43 AM   #19  
2BoysMom

Candy, wow how scary!! I suppose Dh wasn't home at the time that you passed out...it would be that way! Sure hope everything clears up soon.

"Mommy's not a jungle gym"!! Too funny...I say that all the time.

Hi to everyone! Just popped on here to file my weekly unemployment claim!!

TTYL
Old 03-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
So sorry I didn't post yesterday, life gets so crazy when DH is home. Well... the wall project is on hold until DH gets in next time. Something came up and our money for the supplies went else where. Isn't that how is always happens?? But that is ok, we had a great day yesterday just spending time as a family.
I wish I could get personal but I have to get off of here. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:45 AM   #21  
2BoysMom

Spryng, sorry about the $$$ disappearing...it's always something. Enjoy the weekend.

Got in a 30 min balance ball workout...the kids didn't even try to pile on me. Dh was around just in case they did.

TTYL
Old 03-21-2004, 09:13 PM   #22  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

Hi Ladies!

Seems slow today At least everyone is out enjoying themselves!

Candy,
How are you feeling??? I hope everything is ok! I passed out right before I got pg with Andrew. I remember how scary it was.

Spryng,
Hope you are enjoying dh being home. BTW, Hope you get in a workout LOL Just Joking!

Geri, Melinda, Ginny, Jackie, Andrea, hope I didn't miss anyone Have a great night!

We never made it to the fair Hunter was just too sick Friday evening! Geri, yeah, he did manage to get the carpet later...... But we did make it down the river and boiled crawfish. This was Andrew's first trip down..... LOL

Take a look and the pic and see how much he enjoyed his first trip down...... LOL LOL LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pennyandandrewriver.JPG (30.6 KB, 19 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 09:32 PM   #23  
2BoysMom

Penny that picture is just adorable!! Looks like Will the first time he went down the big slide at McDonald's yesterday before he realized how much fun it was!!

It is quiet around here this weekend....guess it's just a sample of what it'll be like when the weather gets nice! I know I'll be outside and won't be posting during the day...of course I'll try to pop in to say good morning and good night to all of you!!

Tomorrow is WI and TOM came today (thank goodness)!! I have all day tomorrow to drink water and get rid of the TOM bloating! I'm sure I won't feel like exercising but I will anyway.

Nothing else is new here. Have a wonderful, peaceful night everyone and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:31 AM   #24  
Movin' to the Country!

Penny, cute picture! We're ya'll in a boat? We started taking our kids out in the boat when they were around 1yo and they loved it but my niece looked like Andrew the first time we put a life jacket on her! She was not happy. I can't wait to get back out on the river!!! Right now, I am still not feeling right. My ear still feels blocked. I went off the stuff the dr gave me and am trying my own stuff as I feel that was what caused the lightheadedness, regardless of what they say. Anyhows, hope Hunter is feeling better. Throw up is the worst!

Geri, glad Will got the hang of the slide! Tony will be up there before you know it. It is funny how the 2nd kid does things so much faster because they have someone to follow. Anyhows, glad TOM has come and hope you can get some of the water weight off before weigh in. A lot of women swear by yerbe mate tea. I have it in the pill form but always forget to take it.

Well, it has been really quiet around here this weekend. I'm gonna try and get some work done. Hope everyone has a great day! Oh, and I sent some of you an email about free movie tickets. I hope you don't think I was spamming you. I just thought you might enjoy some free movie tickets. Have a great day!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:51 AM   #25  

So Glad It Is Monday!!!!!!
Good morning all!
Wow, what a busy weekend. I'm so glad it is over. DH left out about 30 min ago so now things can get back to normal. Of course as usual my eating wasn't so great this weekend but I'm sure with extra exercise this week I should be fine.
Candy, I can't believe that ear is still giving you problems, I hope it doesn't get so bad surgery or something is needed. Are you prone to ear infections? What did the doctor say caused it?
Geri, can't wait to hear about your WI today!! Is it this morning or tonight?
Penny, that picture cracked me up. That is how my 3 yo son is. He has a huge fit before he will try anything new and then when he finally will he loves it. I just can't bring myself to eat crawdeds. They were my pets growing up. My dad would go crawdeding and bring back bucket fulls and let me pick out several for myself and I would name them and keep them as pets (we always lived in the country and I am very country, lol) so when he would cook them I couldn't ever eat them because it would be like eating your pet dog in my head, lol. So to this day I just can't eat them. Now shrimp and lobster are no problems but not crawdeds. Weird huh?
Well, we will definitely try the wall project again when dh comes home on the 2nd. Don't know if it will happen though because our anniversary is the 4th so probably that saturday (the 3rd) we'll spend the day alone. So maybe that project is on hold until further notice. I was really looking forward to it being done this past weekend but Dh didn't feel up to doing it at all and then he decided he needed some new clothes and such so we went shopping instead. O-well... it was still a nice weekend and at least my laundry room is clean and all my laundry caught up, lol.
Well, I need to get off of here and start working on this house. It's weird how we are never home much when DH is in yet my house looks like we threw wild parties every night! Still not sure how that happens OK, hope everyone is having a great OP monday!!! Lets have a great week all! And Geri you stay on me this week to get some exercise in ok?? I need it!! TTYL!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:01 AM   #26  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone,

Well, TOM came last night so this morning I feel like a big fat 1000 lb slob ...but I'll get over it! I got my 3 mile walk in this morning even though every joint in my body protested
Spryng...now you HAVE to exercise today if I did Why did I think DH was going to be in 'til Wednesday? I thought he got 4 days off? Did he really need new clothes or was he just putting off the project .

My WI isn't until 6:30 tonight...thank goodness. Maybe I can flush out that bloated feeling with water before then. I'm not expecting much of a loss...maybe I'll even stay the same this week but that's OK. Shouldn't be a gain. I have to change my mini goal date from the 31st to April 5 because I don't have a WI on the 31st. Don't know what I was thinking! That gives me 2 weeks from today to get to 17 lbs. I'll do my very best .

I bought a sewing machine on Ebay so I have to go get cleaned up and the boys ready to head out to the post office so I can mail my payment. It's an upgrade from the one I have but not a computerized one - I would love one of those but at this point I wouldn't use it enough to be worth the money. This one has 26 built in stitches and an auto button hole. Maybe I'll start sewing clothes again someday!

Well, I hope all is well with everyone else. The boys are driving me nuts to get off of here so I will check in later and address everyone else!! Have a great morning.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:08 PM   #27  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Thumbs down

Hi Everyone,

Geri,
Good luck on weigh in tonight! I am sure you will have a loss but if not, you know it is water weight! You have been doing so great! You will be at goal in no time
Congrats on buying the sewing machine! Was the shipping high on ebay? I never think about buying bulky items like that b/c I figure the shipping would eat me alive

Spryng,
Now you make me feel bad..... I was eating your pets this weekend....... LOL Well, not as bad as my friend who cooked frog legs last night! YUCK!!!!! Hope you are back on track today and you and dh had a great time this weekend! Did he notice the tan????

Candy,
I can't believe your ear is still not better! I am keeping you in my prayers! This has gone on long enough!!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great day

I am not having a good one so far! I got my first TOM since, let's see..... Sept 2002. I did not expect it since I am still nursing but I got it at the camp this weekend So I am severly cramping, I guess b/c it has been so long
I missed Hunter's book fair this morning and then forgot I had a WIC appointment. I made it to the appt but you know how it is when you have little ones trying to be still for 3 hours!!!!
So I get home and Nicholas wants chocolate milk which he knocks it over all over the floor I just mopped yesterday! So I clean it all up and fix him another glass and move him to another chair!
Well, what happens next, you ask???!!! He was being silly jumping into his seat and knocks over the second glass!!!! I tell you I just wanted to scream!!
But anyhow, things are calming down a bit now...... hopefully.....

Well,
I will check back in later. Gotta grab me something to eat.

Have a nice one,
Penny
Old 03-22-2004, 02:20 PM   #28  

Good afternoon all!
Penny, hope TOM has mercy on you since you havn'g had it in so long. Maybe you got it because your little one eats more solid foods now? or maybe the dieting threw your body out of whack a little. Sounds like your kids have been giving you heck today. I know those days. Everything goes wrong and you just want to hide in a corner and cry. Hang in there... before you know it they will be sleeping like angels tonight and you can breathe easier. Yes, we did have a great time this weekend. My DH is my best friend and I love spending time with him. Before he left to be a truck driver we were attached at the hip, did everything together and preferred it that way. He did notice a little tan. It's getting better everyday. I didn't tan on saturday because I wanted my burn on my back to heal up, but it's gone now and nicely tanned, tonight and everyday this week I will tan and I should have my base pretty soon so I can back off to once or twice a week. I don't mind going every day though, it's become very relaxing.
Geri, I hope TOM doesn't affect your WI tonight. And I will get some exercise in today. I promise!!! Last time DH was in he stayed until wednesday, so maybe that is what you were thinking. But normally he only gets to stay for the weekend and then back out on monday. What are you going to do with your old sewing machine?? I really need to buy me one, I love to sew just don't have one to do it with. When I was 17 and lived at home I sewed most of my own clothes. Dresses and shirts and quillos. I loved it. I really need to sew me some dining room chair covers, you know those furniture slip covers for dining room chairs. My chairs are old and stained. I hate looking at them but can't afford new ones. Hey, remember us talking about covering the bedroom windows to make them darker?? Well saturday nght I covered the outside of my bedroom window so that Tanner would sleep in longer and guess what? It worked!!! He has always slept until 7 am, but recently because of it getting lighter sooner he was waking up at 6 am to 6:30 am and it was killing me lose sleep. So we covered the window and now he sleeps until 8 am!!! This morning he slept until almost 8:30 am!!! I'm in heaven. So if you haven't tried it yet you may want to go ahead and do that!
Well, my day is going fine. I'm tired from the weekend so I may grab a nap. What is for dinner? I really need to go grocery shopping so I will after I tan tonight at 5:30. So we will probably have tuna helper leftovers tonight and then I'll make something good tomorrow. Ok, gotta go! TTYL!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:52 PM   #29  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey,
Just popped in before I go get Hunter from school.

I am making pork ribs, potato salad and baked beans for supper
Old 03-22-2004, 02:57 PM   #30  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon

Penny, the shipping on my machine is $24 plus $2 for insurance. I did some research before bidding and including the shipping I am paying $100 less than the retail price for this machine. They advertised it as a display model...complete in the original box. Different people charge different amounts for shipping. My Dh only charges actual shipping...you have to check their shipping charge...it should be on the listing somewhere. I'm excited to get it! Then I just have to figure out how to use it. Hopefully there's a good manual to go with it.

Spryng, my old machine will either go on Ebay (which I have never done, but Dh does all the time) or I will put it in my 1st annual rummage sale which I will probably have in June sometime. I need to get rid of stuff in this house...we just have too much "junk" and way too many toys and it's a good way to get rid of the baby stuff. Anything that doesn't go will go to Good Will.

Well, I'm heading off to the chat room if anyone's interested. See you there.