Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:03 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 6

Hello All!

I forgot to weigh in this morning, because I was up real early, but I am going to do it first thing tomorrow morning and remind myself to jump on here and post.

My goal this week is to focus on previous goals of water and no chocolate. It's been a little out of control with the chocolate lately, and my hubby and I agreed no candy for Vday!

Snow? We got over a foot last night and are expected to get 9-13 more inches by tomorrow night. I LOVE THE SNOW!

Hope everyone is well!

Chach
Old 02-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Chequita: I have a huge mug - - a 32 oz mason jar w/ a handle. I fill it w/ ice water and drink it w/ a straw. I find that it is much easier w/ the straw for some reason.

I have no problem w/ the water in front of me; the trick is to remember to drink it.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:40 AM   #3  

Arrow Maintained

I maintained this week. Maybe I dropped a half pound. That is a little disappointing, because I had thought that I had a very good week. I did not exercise as much as I should have. Actually, I hardly exercised at all. That is probably a big part of the problem, and I know it. That will have to be my goal for the coming week.

So, as my signature below tells, I have now given up on my goal of 200 by 3/13 - - it can no longer happen. You may recall that I've been toying with adjusting that goal to 215 for a few weeks now. That would still put me down 50 pounds for the year. 91/2 pounds to go!

Although I have accepted that I will not reach my primary goal, I am able to feel good about what I am doing. I have maintained my focus on weightloss for more than 5 weeks now. I bounced back quickly from every setback, and the setbacks that I had were not as bad as those in the past. The overall trend is good, and the prospsects to maintain it are better.

Thank you diet buddies for your support.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:46 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Dan,

I only lost .5 pounds this week also. I am frustrated, but I know in my heart I haven't been at the level of commitment I need to be in order to be successful. I will try this week and am contemplating joining the military WW group tomorrow night. Something to be accountable to other than you guys. You are all a great support, but something needs to kick my butt in gear. Grrr...

Plus, woke up this morning with a horrible chest flu bug. Nothing gets me down more than that!

I am promising to be better this week and really look into why I keep sabotauging myself.

Good luck to all of us this week.

Chach
Old 02-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #5  

Chach:

Half a pound is progress! I know that if I lost a half a pound a week for the 10 years that I've been really overweight, I would have disappeared years ago.

Signing up for the WW group sounds like a really good idea. Internet support can be great, and it sure helps to be able to log on and get a little boost any time that you need to. But, nothing substitutes for the personal touch. Although I'm now a low-carb convert, I still have tremendous respect for the WW program - - it is good and it works.

I fell down yesterday. I had been quite good until Saturday night, when we had some of my co-workers over for a dinner party. I ate stuff that I should not have, but I did manage to keep portions in pretty good control. Same thing all day yesterday - - lots of stuff that I should not have eaten, but it was controlled -- none of the bingeing which I have decided is the real culprit for me. Strangely, I had virtually no water yesterday. There really was no excuse for that.

This morning, I am back on track. I do not know how much damage was done, because I am not going back on the scale before next Saturday morning. Yeah, right! Maybe we should get a pool going on just how far I make it before weighing myself.

I will definitely hit the gym tonight, though.

Some paths are straight. Other paths wind. Some paths even appear to turn a bit towards the direction from which we came. But, the key questions are whether we are confident in the path's ultimate destination and whether we are committed to continuing the journey. We both know where the path leads us, Chach. Our path winds, and it will take us longer to complete the trip. Let us nevertheless continue. We must not worry that we took a turn. Our path will back towards our destination. It will straighten. Walk on!

Be well

Dan
Old 02-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #6  

ladies you are such inspirations to me loss or not. just look at how far you both have come. i have changed my wi from tuesdays to mondays and this mornings wi showed a 4 lb. loss. i am weighing on a new set of scales, but they are the scales that i will be using from now on so i will take that loss and go from there. but you know i have been op for the past week and even got in a little more exercise than usual so it may actually be 4 or more lbs. lost. hope to catch you ladies later. keep up the good work.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:02 AM   #7  

oh i almost forgot, thanks dan for the advice on the mug. i got a 32 oz. bottle this weekend that is insulated and i can put on my desk and i figure if i empty that at least 2 times a day i am doing better than i usually do.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All.

Sorry about being MIA the last couple of days. Work has been crazy and so has home life. Sometimes it seems like there is not enough hours in the day.

Dan, thanks for your words of encouragement. I took them to heart and determined my path is not the same as everyone and as long as I make baby steps, it's a good thing!

Chequita, great job on the loss! I am so happy for you! I'm glad you got your water jug. It really helps!

Friday's weigh in might be good for me. I'm not sure, but I think I did better so far this week. Hopefully, right?

Hope everyone is well!

Chach
Old 02-13-2004, 11:49 AM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Where are all my friends?

I'm going to start the new thread right now.

Chach
Closed Thread