Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 09:45 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies--

Jana--Well I hope Angie decides to come back long enough to let me know about that stamp!! (Angie?) I'd hate knowing she had to make up the difference...(I know it's only a few cents but still) I hope you have fun tomorrow in Indy....give those twins a kiss on the cheek for me! I love babies. So cute...but I have to say that I'm finished having them. So I love to play with my sisters daughter. And that new baby smell. I don't know what it is, but it just makes you smile!!

Cristi--I got your stuff in the mail today! Thank you very much. And before you go finding some of those glue dots, Shanna said she found some. Don't want you getting something I already have here. But once again thank you!! About your realtor, hope it all finally gets over with for you and you're finally in your new home. How frustrating it must be. But I totally understand what you're saying about having to go through a new one. I totally lucked out on getting this house. The landlord is a good friend of my grandpa's and we haven't had to pay rent yet....we start next month. And for this size of a home, in town, I think $500 a month is pretty good. Plus,,, he wants us to buy it from him after a year or two. This house is like a dream for me. No more cramped living area!!

Angie--Mr. Eraser? Yep..I've used it and I love that thing! I got all kinds of scuffs off my shower, AND.....I used it on my shoes. Got them all nice and white again. Amazing thing! (I'm easily entertained of coarse) And how is your son's finger? That had to hurt! I've had my fingers smashed in the car door when I was little...my dad felt terrible. Then a few years after that I had them smashed again at a Pizza place,, the bathroom doors were HEAVY and I was little, but I managed to get it open enough for my fingers and "SLAM" boy did everyone hear my scream!! So, have you heard anymore about your job? Did they can that other person and beg you to come back!! Keep us posted on that!!

Susan--Panties, bra's, hand in water.....you need to revert back to being 11 or 12 when you had slumber parties (never had one but went to one) and some of the girls were just down right evil!! (Kayecee...you had to have been one of them!!) They'd stick your bra under water, then stick it in the freezer over night! But I'm sure these girls have finally grown up...(yes, I'm speaking directly to you Kayecee!!) and you won't have to worry about such a thing!

Oh and yes,,, next month I'm getting married .....I hope. I say that because although my papers are filed for the divorce from my ex....we still have to make an appearance in court. In fact, just got a letter in the mail reminding us!! (I did mention I'm a procrastinator??) Our wedding day (if you can call it that) will just be at the court house. We had wanted to have a little thing at my grandparents but then my grandma's cancer came back and she's going through Chemo. Plus,,,,only one of us has a job!! (I know I know...stop the whining already right?!) But Susan, I'm sorry, but I can't introduce you to James brothers. He has three older ones, but none of them are worth introducing you too. You'd think James was the older out of all of them......so I lucked out and got the good out of the bunch!!

Shanna--I seen you make a comment in the Extreme Makeover thread....but remember...you have to come here to chit chat!!

Kayecee--Is you little one feeling ok? We haven't heard from you in awhile. So the next time you get on Shanna's case,,, I will have to give you a firm reminder!!

Katie--How is everything going? I know you don't get much time on the computer, but I just wanted to check on ya anyway.

Wow,,,this is getting long.....again. I don't even know if I know how to make a short post anymore. I will try to cut them down girls if it's getting too much! Just let me know.

Ok... I need to get to the grocery store then get back here to finish up homework so I won't have any for the weekend. And I'm sure I'll check in later.

Take Care
Marti
Old 02-06-2004, 10:17 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

Hi All........

I think the postage might be more for Angie because of the exchange difference?? Anyway, that is just a thought Marti, at least until Angie can explain to us Yankees....lol.

See, all the names go out of my head.I am sorry.

Cristi lives in Arkansas?? You just moved to a new house? You are doing laundry today? Is that you?? lol........I don't know what to think of Arkansas.It is weird though because Gaby`s grandmother lives in Yellville. If I were to move there we would have instant family.Though I am not going to move there,he would have to move here.Really stressing on this,thinking I should just settle for a freindship, silly to pursue a relationship.My kids are staying in Oregon.........I can't leave them behind......ok, I can.....lol......but is that allowed??? lol

Jana, received your address, thanks Dr.Phil has a weightloss show on Monday, it looks interesting.
I went to the store yesterday for his book but $26 seemed a little high to be...is it in paperback yet??
I know, I am such a cheapie.My mom said just write him and ask him to send me a book....lol...whatEVER mother.
YES!!! Figured out SIL laying in bed while staring at the ceiling, sounded it out and everything. Does this sister in law have a name?? Can't we just call her by name???

I know, I am such a pain already........

Marti~ I was married in the courthouse also on my second marriage.I wish you both the best!!Darn about the brothers.......I married worthless scum before, I am not TOO picky......are they really bad?? I am sure I can fix them....
lol
Taesing. I always think I can fix men and their short comings.

I better get to work.

It was a good day here. I drank 64 oz.`s before 3PM.I am NOT going to drink anymore! Learned my lesson.
I had eggs for breakfast,veggie soup for lunch, and a big tuna salad for dinner.I had fruit & cottage cheese as snacks.
I might air pop some popcorn later on.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Susan
Old 02-06-2004, 11:56 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Red face Evening Ladies~

Thought I would check in this evening since I probably won't till tomorrow afternoon. Going to actually spend some time with DH. Oh about the postage to Canada, I had put two stamps on my Christmas card to Angie and took them to the post office to make sure it was enough, they added more. Of course I forgot what it was to be mailed from here, 92 or 97 cents, or was it 82 or 87 cents???? I don't remember now. This time I just added 3-37 cent stamps. Angie let us know if you received our cards, I too mailed a Valentine card to you today, no knowing how long it would take.

Jana~have a grand time in Indy. WTG on staying OP this week. and yes that doggy is CUTE! I love beagles, chihuahuas, westies, and yorkies. Oh, heck who am I kidding? I love ALL dogs and would rescue them from the shelter if I could.

Marti~hey you can't beat that deal at all, no house payment for months. Glad you like where you live, it looks nice. You'll have to let us know when you get married for sure so we can at least send a card to the bride & groom. I wish we would have gotten married at the court house as we made a lot of family (in-laws to be specific) angry. There was too much going on at the time and I so wanted to get married in a church, which I should have done regardless, we elected to be married at home.

Susan~I don't live in Arkansas, that's Kayecee. I was born there and lived there for a while, and my family lives there. I just know some parts from living there and visiting. Fayettville is in NW AR and I have family there, and in central AR. We haven't moved to our house yet, we are supposed to close on Feb. 20, and yes it was me doing the laundry today. Can you believe I am still doing laundry?! I actually finished the clothes earlier, but am doing blankets, some curtains, doilies. On my last load as I type.

Well, ladies I am outta here till tomorrow. I am turning in early so we can get an early start. Want to get there when it opens. Hope EVERYONE has a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-06-2004 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:35 AM   #19  

Ahhh...

Just as I sit here to post, I need to attend to something...but I will be back. I'm going to try and figure out why I can't see Susan's photo!! Can you at least describe what you look like?

Be back in a while.

Marti
Old 02-07-2004, 01:22 AM   #20  
kitty Momo

LOL

You are so funny.

Cristi thinks I am beautiful. I like that........lol.

Long brown hair,in that photo thin face.I am Mexican/Irish.....I don't know.....really super pretty........lol.

I am modest.Angie has seen me in person she can say,,,,,

Heck if I know why you can't see the photo.....are you sure you are clicking the right way?? lol

I will send some snail mail,should get by Tuesday.........

Night

Susan
Old 02-07-2004, 01:34 AM   #21  
kitty Momo

Default Marti

Ok
Now I am going home.
I emailed you some pictures, I think one of those was in the profile at Yahoo.....blah,blah.
Hope you get it.

Totally exhausted........lol

Susan
Old 02-07-2004, 02:08 AM   #22  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

OOOOO I am ticked...I had a really awesome post going...funny articulate (don't really know what that means...saw it in a book once) and WAM I was kicked out.

Anyways before it happens again....
I did get everyones cards at Christmas...I pay 49 to mail across Canada and I guess 65 to make across the boarder. I didn't get valentine cards ,,,just some cards I liked at Hallmark...which was next door to where I USED to work....
For the 2005 meeting how about you all coming here? Calgary is large enough to handle us I think...lol population a million...lol We have rodeos,,,beautiful mountains...lakes/beaches great shopping...lol
I did alot of errands today,,,got my nails done,,and the barnicals scrapped off my feet...I swear Im shorter,,,and my shoes aren't as snug anymore...(too much information?)
SIL's name is Heather,,,and my brother Arden are coming over tomorrow to play a mean game of Canasta. So Ill be making nibblies in the afternoon.
Who knows whats happening at the store...
So ladies do you see why I had to have Susan join us? She made me laugh so much,,,I swear thats how I lost most of my weight!
And as for how she looks...shes gorgeous! Even if she eats *gag BEETS!
Thanks for the reminder of how I looked that day in the bathroom . We went in And yes I say WE...went in looking like dround rats,,,came out looking like puffed up poodles. And me with white powder all over my lips...I had a little problem with my addiction...(elephant ears) OMG what I would do for one now...*sigh
Well Im going to go to bed now....dream of Africa
night
Angie
Old 02-07-2004, 02:23 AM   #23  
kitty Momo

OM Gosh, the elephant ears! Yes, you ate a lot. I was amazed.Also, I am 5'4 and looked down on you.....how did you get to be 5'6???
lol
There, that is for including me in the poodle thing.I thought we looked rather interesting,though it was you who wanted to get a date with a sailor....
....and goodness knows we HAD to take pictures of a skate park for Tanner/Brandon?? Turns out to be this dinky slab under the Burnside bridge...lol....
I go by there all the time........fond memories Angie.
The fondest one is at Multnomah Falls and calling Brian from the bathroom telephone and saying "guess where we are??".....why were we calling him from the bathroom?? Don't you think that is odd??lol.......I think he thought we were so weird.Miss that guy.

Anyway,nice to see you every day here, missed you too

take care sweets.......

Susan
Old 02-07-2004, 02:39 AM   #24  

Oh you ladies crack me up. I don't necessarily get all that is going on in the conversation, but hey....I can still laugh can't I?

I haven't sent the Valentine Day card yet....but did you have to pay extra to receive mine?? If not, I'm only stickin a darn 37cent stamp on it and calling it good! (el cheapo here!)

Ok Susan,,, I'm going to go back and try to "see" you again. If it doesn't work for me, then I give up and I will wait for you in the mail!

Ok...off I go to try once more.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:51 AM   #25  

Nope, didn't see it. I see your profile, meaning your bio and stuff. Where exactly is the picture at? By all that? Because if it is, it's all blank to me.

I am going to have to update my photo. I just went back to look at it and I don't like that picture. Although,,,I'm heavier now than I was then. (how sad) and I have no excuse like a baby to blame it on. Just pure laziness and procrastination on getting my butt in gear to work it all off.

Angie--You are too much! Shorter now are ya? I probably would still look up to you....and everybody else!! Oh geez how I would have hated to be the one doing your feet!! Did they wear a mask and thick gloves while primping you up??

And you mean you can lose weight by laughing??? Well then ladies I guess I should go weigh myself and see if I lost anything because you had me going!

Susan--You aren't modest at all are ya? I have envisioned a woman from one of those racy Romance Novels they have out there. Are you one of the models on any of them? And when you say "your going home" where the heck are you??? I'm a little slow...do you work nights?

Well, it's late and I plan on getting some more homework done. Can you believe it? But it's friday...almost Saturday and I can SLEEP IN!!

Time to browse around....

Marti
Old 02-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #26  
a work in progress

Default OK, guys...

Can't keep up! So I'll just have to jump in where ever I can...

Marti - Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I got married at the Justice of the Peace for my second time around. It was in Reno on St. Patrick's Day, and I wore a green velvet dress. Did you see The Princess Bride? Remember the "Impressive Clergyman" at the end, when Buttercup was being forced to marry the prince, and he said, "Mawage! Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. And wuv! Twoo wuv! So tweasure your wuv." Well...that's the guy that married us. At least, he sounded exactly the same. I started giggling in the middle of the ceremony, and couldn't stop.

Jana - whoo hoo! Good for you for staying OP. Are you still doing FT, or was that just for a week? Are you going to WW meetings or doing it all on your own? You must be in Indianapolis right now, oohing and aaahing over the new babies If you get pics, post 'em - I suspect we all have a soft spot for babies here. I always figured if I had a boy and a girl twins that I'd take it as a sign from God that I'd better quit while I was ahead! I ended up with 3 boys, though, and will have to wait a few years for a granddaughter -- I told them, between the three of them, one of them better have a daughter for me!

Susan - Thanks for sharing how you lost the 110. Did it feel healthy? My schedule is really weird, so we tend to eat late. My husband has been working swings, gets home after 11:30 pm, and we tend to eat dinner at midnight But he will be changing jobs after 2/18 so hopefully his new job will have better hours and we can eat at a more reasonable time.

Cristi - Finished your laundry yet? I haven't I still have at least 2-3 more loads, and feel like I did laundry all day long yesterday. Ever feel like you are just treading water, or like your dirty laundry is like a big pile of quicksand? How exciting to be moving into a new house! We bought an older little house in December 1999, right before the prices went crazy here. We'd never be able to buy in CA again. Our neighbor's house, built in 1954, about 1500 sq ft and nothing fancy, just sold for $254,000. Yep, a quarter of a million dollars, that's not a typo.

Hi to everybody else! Gotta get my act in gear and start my day. Need to take my almost 13 year old to get shoes, and maybe some new pants. You guys have a great day, and I'll try to pop back in later this weekend...

Take care,
Katie
Old 02-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #27  

Angry

Afternoon ladies--

Just a quick pop in for now, I want to get myself going for the day (I know, it's already 1:30 and I'm just getting started!)

Hope all is doing well.

Katie--Glad to see you! While your out getting shoes and pants, feel free to pick some up for me.. I wear a size 6-6 1/2 shoe and size 8 jeans. Oh...and I'm "short" so you'll have to pick up some jeans that are meant to fit a shorty like me!!

Today so far has been very very uninventful. I was up at 4:30am to go pick up James, then we stayed up until 6:00 and I finally got up for good around 10:30. James is still in bed. But I'm thinking I need to get his butt up before the day is over!! I got stuff I want to do today!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend... I will try to be back later on.

Marti
Old 02-07-2004, 06:34 PM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi ladies~

Geez, I can't keep up with you ladies. Such busy little bees this morning, or was it last night.

Katie~ OMG! You cracked me up with the story of the justice of the peace! I had to bring my DD over to read it and she cracked up right away! DH and I didn't do anything to celebrate our 1st anniversary. So for our second anniversary we went to Eureka Springs, AR to renew our vows and the little preacher lady-and I DO mean little. She must have been 5'2" and about 60 pounds-I kid you not. She talked just like that!!! Too funny. I don't know how many times I almost cracked up. Oh yeah, I know all too well that wasn't a typo. That is one of the reasons I don't live in CA any longer, bu tnot the main one. My friends mother was selling their house, not sure how big it was (I'm guessing at 1800-2000 sq. ft.) and there was absolutely NOTHING special or fancy about it in Northridge (where the earthquake hit really bad in '94) except they had a swimming pool which cracked in the quake, but they were selling it for $500,000. Another friend bought an 1800 sq. ft house about 5 years ago in Saugus for $180,000. Of course now they are trying to sell it because she is getting divorced. Yes, I finally did get my laundry done, of course today is a new day and I should do a couple of loads to keep up with it.

Mart~do you always pick James up from work? I can't remember if you mentioned the hours he works, sorry. How's your scrapbooking coming along?

Okay ladies (Susan & Angie) you are cracking me up. Like Marti, I don't know half of what is talked about but you are making me laugh. I can tell you guys are GREAT friends. what the heck are elephant ears. I know there is a plant/shrub/bush that we call elephant ears but I know that is not what you are talking about. I have never heard of them.

Jana~hope you are having a great time in Indy.

Kayecee~lady, where are ya? Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Well, I need to get off this thing and get dinner started in a few. Went to the Home Show today and was very disappointed. I am not exactly sure what it was I expected but I guess more than what was there. They really build it up to be something fantastic and it wasn't. While I didn't really get any ideas for the home, we did see some nice stuff. Anyway, I will try to check in later. See ya ladies

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-07-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #29  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Elephant ears are this pastry..(deep fried) then either you can have them plain or sprinkled with icing cugar or cinnamon...Ill take it pretty much anyways I can get them. In Canada they are called Beaver Tails...
And I only ate 2...with icing sugar...which got all over me somehow.
Susan you were standing on a step when you were looking down at me...geesh. The high altitude does something to you,,,I swear. And Brian was well Brian...and he got a kick out of us calling him from the bathroom...OMG I am giggling over that still...lol Poor Dude always putting up with us...
So today I slept in,,,had a coffee...hung out, cleaned a couple of bathrooms,,,did a load of laundry,,,I now have 9 loads to put away...*sigh Monte took Tanner to see LOTR and I went shopping for junk food,,,and beer...(yuck) I did buy some healthy stuff...carrots and celery. I still need to run a cloth around the office...wowee can't remember when I dusted in there last...YIKES! And thank goodness for Mr Clean magic mops...ever see that commercial of the woman dancing around using a duster...or a mop? Thats me! Skittles usually runs and hides....
Well I guess I should get off this thing,,,my dusting won't happen by itself...
ttfn
Angie
Old 02-07-2004, 08:08 PM   #30  

Now.. aren't Elephant ears similar to funnel cakes? I'm not sure....but I do know that they are very good, very addicting and I hadn't had one in 10yrs until this last summer when James and I went the County Fair. You girls were all talking about funnel cakes and I just had to have something that sounded close to that. And they are HUGE!! They are bigger than a plate!!

Cristi--I just went to Michaels today and bought some stuff to get my scrapbooking started. (uhhh... I haven't started it yet!) and I bought some scissors that were only .99, bought three of them. And some paper and glue and even a stamp. Plan on doing a page for the dogs and the stamp is bones and paw prints. Then James bought some soap molds. So we may be a couple of crafty people today...or sometime in the near future!

Do I pick up James all the time? No. I was for awhile before we got the tags and stuff for the car he drives... then last night I decided to take him to the truck. I wanted to be awake when he got home since he only has one day off this week. Spend as much time with him as possible.

Ok, I wanted to pop in again real quick.....now I'm going to attempt some scrapbooking.......I will let you know if it turns out good or a disaster!!

I'll check in later.
Marti
Closed Thread