Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms #124

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:24 PM   #2  

Candy: I live on James Island. I was actually an office manager for a psych office pre-pregancy. They asked me to work from home, but I did not know how demanding my baby schedule would be. The plan was for me to stay home for the first year and see how I liked being a SAHM. Having JW has been one of the most rewarding events in my life. I am hoping to be able to stay home until he goes to school. I am thinking I would like two children, but if I had three then I would be golden and that would probably guarantee being a SAHM.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:55 PM   #3  

Evening Ya'll!

Today has been a very busy one. Me and my friend Amber went to WalMart and had a great time! I think it's so much more fun to go buy groceries with a friend! The kids are fast asleep and I will be getting in the bed after this post.

Spryng, girl you are getting to know me fast! I def. looked at all the baby things today! I want one of those electric baby wipe warmers. I bought one for my friend who just had a baby and it is so much nicer than the one I had when Andrew was born 7 yrs. ago. My mom called tonight and asked the dreaded question, "have you started your period yet?" I told her about my goof but I really thought I wasn't preg. or I wouldn't have said anything to her. So I had to tell her I thought I might be. I didn't tell her I've already taken a test. Too much info right now. My mom knows me too well!!!

Anyway, I know some of ya'll are still in freezing weather. I hope it warms up a little for ya. I guess you could be like Spryng and pretend it's Spring!!! O.k. that might not have been very funny, but I couldn't resist!!!

Well, I guess I'm wearing out. Hi to everyone!!! I'm too tired to list all of your names, we've gotten a big crowd!! I remember all of you in my head!!! Hope you have a great night! TTYL!
Old 02-02-2004, 11:06 PM   #4  

Spryng, I checked the WW board on this website and I didn't find anything about "calling all moms". Was it this site or the offical WW site? I want to eat healthy, but I don't want to overdo it.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Andrea it was on the official WW boards, sorry about that confusion. I forget there are WW boards here, lol. I used to visit them but they never stayed very busy. I'm glad you were able to grocery shop with a friend! I like doing that too when I can. But if I do that it is with my SIL and she has two kids and I have 3 so we end up being a zoo! One time a lady thought they were all mine. I guess I must look like a frazzled woman who can have 5 kids, 7, 4, 3, 1, and 7 months. Boy I pop em out huh? lol. I never had one of those wipe warmers, do they dry out the wipes? And since you are pregnant and to everyone else here too, what would be a special baby shower gift? My best friends shower is this month (she is 30 weeks along now!!) and I'm not sure what to get her. I know she will get everything she needs so I thought I'd get her something unique or special. Any ideas?? She is going to be breastfeeding also... just in case you needed that info. But I need some ideas soon so I can go shopping for it this weekend.
Ricci, thanks for starting a new thread!
And Meltin (what is your first name again?) I hope you are doing well today also.
Well I got such a good nights sleep last night. When to be at 9:30 and Tanner didn't wake up until 7:45 am!! That is a new record! I feel so refreshed. I did my ab workout last night, I wanted to do some more but DH called just as the cool down was over and of course by the time we got off the phone I didn't want to exercise anymore. I'll try harder today. I need to also start doing The Firm again so I can really tone this body up fast along with the pilates for summer. Maybe I'll try to get some in today.
What does everyone have planned for dinner? We are having the morningstar farms chik sandwiches and fries. I've been doing everything really simply the past few days. Just haven't wanted to cook an elaborate meal lately.
I guess I will get off here and get my day started. TTYL!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:18 AM   #6  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello. Mom just dropped by so I'm taking Will outside and we'll shovel the driveway.

check in later!!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:57 PM   #7  

Andrea: We have one of the wipe warmers. It is great for home, but when we go out JW screams because the wipes are cold. You will have to add more water so that they don't dry out. JW kicked it so hard one day that the top broke off the hinge, but it still works.
Sprying: I was the first of my friends to have a baby and the last out of my DH friends. Anyway, we had four showers and really got everything we needed. I guess you can see why I have a weight problem with all the parties we go to. I think we started buying diapers when he was 4 months old. The boppie was the best and most pratical gift we got. For a best friend, I think monogrammed burp clothes and bibs. They are great for going to church and out to nice places. Just a thought.
Made it to the gym today, 20 min Precor, 20 min Treadmill, and Abs and Stretching. I am so sore I can barely get both of us up the stairs.
I do good with the eating until my husband comes home. He does not like my cooking b/c I try to make it healthy. Anyone know of any especially good cookbooks.
Hope everyone is having a good week.
Oh, I am Melinda. I figured meltin was good to meltin the pounds away.
Melinda
Old 02-03-2004, 03:38 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello- I have not even had time to go back to the old thread and catch up. Forgive me. A very busy day, we have an ice storm here......so as soon as we got the kiddies to school it was time to turn around and pick them up and bring them home. I spent all the am- from 8 until 1pm in my wonderful yellow limo. Glad it is over.
Gotta go! See ya later.
Ginny
Old 02-03-2004, 05:23 PM   #9  

Hello all! My kids are just now down for their naps. Very late for them, but I went to town earlier and that threw off Tanner schedule, but I just needed out of this house!
Melinda! Nice to know your name! lol. And thanks for the baby shower ideas. I think I will get her a boppy. She is going to breast feed and I know they come in handy for that. I'm also thinking about supplying her with plenty of infant medicines because I know they can be costly. I also already bought her a pack of onsies, a few cute toys, and such. Just odds and ends but I wanted something special to go with all of it too. Good job on getting to the gym!!! And about good cook books? I have a few WW cookbooks but my favorite place to get great and tasy recipes are my cookling light magazine. Their food is amazing! Since I subscribe to the magazine I also get to use their website which has every recipe that was ever in their magazine. I go there quite often. Also there are lots of websites with great recipes. Are you wanting low fat or low calories? there are tons of those recipe web sites out there. What you have to do for your DH is just not tell him it's healthy. That is what I do with mine. Of course mine isn't in very often but I never cook something different for him and he has loved everything I make. So do my kids. Low fat or low calories doesn't have to mean no flavor. All of my dishes are very flavorful and tasty. You just have to get creative and find some good recipes. Also you can check out some of the recipes we have posted here on this site at http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight Candy has saved them on this site... the link is on the left under recipes. Hope that helps you!
Ginny, how bad is that storm suppose to be? I hope you are home now and safe for the night. Sounds like you have had a busy morning.
Well my day is going well. But I only have 3 pts left for dinner, lol. For lunch I splurged and went to McDonalds and had a chicken mcgrill (without mayo) and a mcvalue fry for 14 pts total... and I had 3 pts for breakfast so I am left with 3 pts for dinner. But I am not worried, I'm still going to have one chik sandwich (4 pts) and earn 1-2 AP's and I'll be completely OP. So it will all work out. But I don't do that very often, but it was worth every point!!
Ok, I need to get off of here. TTYL!
Old 02-03-2004, 05:47 PM   #10  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations Andrea!!! I felt the same way when I found out I was pregnant with my second child, Devin(1yr). Reina(2.5yr) was only 8 months old and I was still breastfeeding. They're only 16 months apart and they are really becoming good at playing with each other. Even though Devin wasn't planned I wouldn't want it any other way!!

Welcome Meltin and Brandi!!! I haven't been here too long but I have received a very warm welcome from the ladies here and they are great support and motivation.

I did my bowflex workout tonight and tomorrow I'm going to try to hit the treadmill again. I finally finished watching Seabiscuit yesterday and I almost started crying at the end, I'm such a sap for happy endings!!

I hope everyones having a good week. Dh is due home in less than 2 weeks, Woo Hoo!!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:18 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Hello all,

Spryng, do your kids go to bed at night after having such a late nap?? Tony napped late this afternoon so he finally just went to bed at 9. He's usually down by 7:30-8:00. He'll probably still be up at 6 in the morning . Oh well, who needs sleep anyway?

Ginny, hope your weather clears up soon. You're sure getting your share. We actually got outside to play a little bit today. I was going to shovel, but there was enough snow to start up the snow blower. I'm such an idiot when it comes to blowing snow. Dh usually does it but since my Mom came over I could get out during the day and do it. Then the sun came out and melted everything I missed or should I say left behind. Practice makes perfect I guess! Will was happy to get out. We've been housebound so much lately. Got out for about an hour last weekend also. Now tonight it's supposed to get cold again.

Ricci hope you don't get too much snow but enough to go out and play in. I won't be chatting tomorrow afternoon. I have a haircut at 1:00 and will be dropping the kids off by Mom's for awhile so I may try to pop into a couple of stores while they're at her place Will's at that age where I hate to take him to a store if I want to really look around. Just in and out you know?

Well, Lori, Melinda, Candy, Brandi, Andrea ... gosh did I miss anyone?? Have a great evening!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:06 PM   #12  

Hey Everyone!

I have had a crazy day!! My dryer went out this morning and I had about 6 loads of laundry to do. Dh is going to check it out on Sat. to see if he can fix it to save money on a repair man! Isn't this the way things go when you aren't bringing in any income? Things BREAK!! Anyway, I went to my mom's to do my laundry, so I was MIA all day. She sent me home with a bag of groceries to help out and I love her for that. She knows I won't ask for anything so she just does it.

Spryng, I agree with Melinda 100% on the boppie! I breast fed both of my boys and I LOVED that thing!! It really supported the baby especially when it is are so small.

I won't get too personal tonight cause I'm tired but I have to tell you this story about my dog Bootsie and the neighbors dog Gunner. Bootsie is a Aus. shepard mix and Gunner is a lab. I had bought diapers at WalMart the other day and forgot about them in the back of my truck. I was leaving to go to town and had locked the house already and I didn't want to leave the diapers in the back of the truck, so I stuck them in the storage building attached to our house. They were in a WalMart sack, Ok? These stupid or smart? dogs went into my storage room and somehow pulled the diaper package out of the sack and ripped it open and had torn up diapers all over my yard and my neighbors yard!!! It was 20 deg. outside and I had to go pick up SHREADS of diapers EVERYWHERE!!!!! I could of killed those dogs! My neighbor (and good friend) came out to help. Bootsie knew she was in soooo much trouble!! She would not get out from behind Rene. (my neighbor) Looking back now, I can't believe they were that smart to get the diapers out of the the sack, but we all got a good laugh.....the next day!

Anyway, hope I didn't bore you with my story! I talk back at ya tomorrow! Hi to everyone!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:26 AM   #13  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Andrea, did you check the hose? Sometimes lint can get caught in there and will stop the dryer from working. Also where the hose and the dryer connect, check that to make sure its clear, too. Hopefully, it'll be an easy fix and the repairman won't be needed.
My dog once took a dirty diaper full of infant poop and tore it to shreds in our house trying to eat the poop. Crazy dog!!

Last edited by alsbttrfly; 02-04-2004 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:19 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone!!
Boy I have alot to get done today and yet I am still sitting here doing nothing, lol. But that is just like me.
Andrea, I hope your dryer is up and running soon. Boy if mine went out I would be up a creek!! And that was very sweet of your mom to get you some groceries. Are you two close? I love to see great mother and daughter relationships. I hope to have that with my daughter. And thanks for the input on the boppie, I think I will definitely be getting her one. I was also thinking about a breast pump. Any brands better than others??
Geri, my kids got up from their nap at 5 pm (the oldest two rarely sleep during nap time, they just play quietly in their rooms, but Tanner sleeps) Tanner went back out at 8:30 pm and the other 2 went down at 9 pm. So yes, even if they get a late nap they still go to bed at 9 pm.
Lori, sounds like your bowflex was a good workout. My DH really wants one. Do you like yours alot? Was it worth the money? I checked out their site last week and have their DVD to view (still haven't sat down to watch it) I just don't have room for anything else. Maybe someday if we get a bigger house or add on to this one.
Well I had the morningstar farms chik patty last night as a burger (finally found 1 pt buns) and it was very good!! I think I may make them again tonight. Oh and guess what? I'm going on a little trip on the 14th!!! My best friends baby shower is that day and it's 4 hours from here. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to go since my DH will be in this weekend and not next weekend and I'm not a confident driver. And there are no men or kids allowed at the shower... I thought for sure I couldn't do it because it was making it to hard with me. Well I called Dh's cousin last night, she is the only one in this family I consider a good friend. And talked to her about it and she said she would take my kids overnight so I can be there! Well I don't want to go alone so I am taking Ava with me. So it will be a mommy daughter trip! I am so excited. I made sure it was ok for Ava to come since she is a child and they said sure, because she is very good and behaves well. I'm thrilled. I haven't been there in 1 1/2 years now and I miss all my old friends and such. I can't wait to see everyone! Plus I have never been on a trip by myself before and I can't wait! So I will drive down there saturday, get a hotel for the night and drive back sunday afternoon. I can't wait!!!
Well I need to get started on this house. TTYL!
Old 02-04-2004, 02:46 PM   #15  

Spryng: I have the Medela Pump in Style and it is great. There is an adapter for the car,home and battery pack. I bought a new one on Ebay and saved about $50. Hope that helps.
I found my old WW things and nursing women can have 10 more points, seems reasonable. I am going to track my food and weight for a month and see how it goes. Being a SAHM, I rather spend the money on JW. I am really motivated by this group, so we will see how disciplined I can be.
Melinda
Closed Thread