Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 10:03 PM   #16  

Hi Everyone. Can hardly believe it is Sunday. Where did the week go? Went shopping for Easter basket stuff for our daughters 2 kids. She didn't want them to have lots of candy, so I got them some useful things like beach towels, sandals, shorts etc. But I did get some candy and each a big chocolate rabbit. What's Easter without one of them?

Carolyn CH...Enjoy your time off. You get a pretty long break don't you? Much welcomed I am sure.

Ginabob...Cute joke. How did the TaeBo go? They have a new class at the gym I go to. It is called Boxercise and is a cross between TaeBo and another kick boxing class they have. I may look into it.

Kelster...Aren't you suppose to rest when you have time off? LOL What are you painting?

Kerri...I have an idea of what you are going through with bipolar. I was diagnosed with panic/anxiety disorder this year. I am on meds and they do a great job. I joined a support group and lots of the people in it are bipolar, so I hear of their experiences. What meds are you on? Maybe there is one that won't make you gain.

C.J.....So very sorry to hear about your saon and daughter in laws baby. Do they have other children? Good to hear you lost 2#. Keep it up.

Zoe...I think setting small goals is a good idea. Sometimes we set our goals too high and then feel like such a failure when we don't meet them.

Sharon...Have a safe trip to Michigan. I hope it all goes well and in your favor this time. Good job on you2# loss.

Regency...I also got a new 2001 Explorer XLT this year and I love it. What color is yours? Mine is Gold. I don't think I will ever have anything else but an SUV from now on. Don't worry about that little gain. Just work harder this week and you will have that and more gone.

Angeleyes....Hope that kidney infection is gone by now. They are painful and annoying. I used to get them all the time, bit knock wood, have not had one in years.

Chrissy.....{{{{HUGS}}}} I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow at court. I will send a little Guardian angel to sit in your shoulder.

Gail....You get right back on track young lady!!!! And that's an order. LOL

Off I go to soak in a hot tub and relax. I lost this post twice and don't want to lose it again. Love to all ...Sandi

Judy and Jo where are you?
And otjhers who have been gone for a while?
Old 04-01-2001, 10:19 PM   #17  
CH

Smile

The sun is out but it is cool. I believe just seeing the sun is a big help. Time change today has made me kind of whacky. It takes me a week to get used to the change.

Sharon ~ Good Luck on your trip. I will be thinking of you constantly. My prayers go with you and Chrissy and the girls. I hope that writer is there and does that judge in! Keep us posted.

Kelster ~ Your shopping trip along with hair cuts sounds like fun for you and your daughter. Mine would love to tell me how to cut my hair but it's so short now there wouldn't be much she could do. What are you spending your week painting? Don't say your house because it will make me feel bad. Mine needs painting inside and out.

Carolyn ~ I want an Explorer! Lucky you. Enjoy. I bet you are riding around all day today. I'm glad you liked my "wash it" story. It's true. I was having a hard time then with potato chips. I crave salty things! So the girl said I could eat all I wanted, I just had to wash them first. Well one look at wet potato chips will just about take care of a crave! I especially liked your "feeder" story. I never thought about it but it is very true. Thanks for sharing.

Zoe ~ Starting over is a great idea. It means you haven't given up. Good for you. I know you can do it.

Well my vacation officially begins tomorrow when I lay in my bed in the morning and hear that school bus go by.
LOL I will be leaving about Thurs. to go to Florida. We will return on the 14th. Everyone have a great week
(the other) Carolyn

Last edited by CH; 04-01-2001 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2001, 11:38 PM   #18  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi everyone!!!!

I just stopped in to see what everyone is up to......

Sandi Oh...... how I love my Explorer... only mine is the XLS.... just under your XLT.... hehe.... mine is a wanna be a XLT... hehe.... its black with grey interior and dark gray trim on the outside.... I love it.... since the 2002's are already on the market they are pushing the 2001's out the door.... and they only had white, red or black.... my mom and cousin both have white and my friend that car pool with has a red Mountaineer so my only choice was to get the black one..... it'll take a lot of washing I know..... but oh well..... it looks sharp.

CH Carolyn I love chips too... have you tried the new WOW chips? I love them and thats all I eat now... the other chips are so greasy to me now... yuckers.... If you can tolerate the Olean, WOW chips are the best way to go... you can't give up everything.... give them a try if you haven't.

Chrissy Good luck tomorrow... I will say a prayer for you... Not keeping up with the posts I hadn't realized that the trial is set for tomorrow again.... Good luck... and I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Well, I am off to bed..... good night everyone.....
Love Carolyn
Old 04-02-2001, 08:10 PM   #19  
On the Move Chickaroo!!!

Default Hello Ladies

Well my daughter got some funky wild hair do.........actually it looks really good on her....

As for the shopping......another room I go into told me about this great sale on pants.......and they come in tall ....YESSSSSSSS............sooooo I bought a couple of pairs....

CH, Sandi

Yep.....I am painting my apartment......you see I have this two bedroom apt.......and before me a bachelor lived here and redid the wood flooring....it is beautiful....but his sense of colour co-ordination...well to put it mildly stinks........and I can't bare to look at it any longer........sooooo I decided on my first week of holidays I would paint......while it is still cool out to do so.......believe you me when I take my other two weeks I am taking off somewhere.....anywhere.....

Everyone have a fabulous day
Old 04-03-2001, 07:49 AM   #20  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Y'all ~ I was not able to get online yesterday due to a dental appt. that had me indisposed for the rest of the day. YUCK! But I'm back to normal and feeling great.

Only a half day today at work because we have box seat for the opening day at the ballbark here in Arlington, TX to see the Texas Rangers. I'm a big Ranger baseball fan so this is exciting. Hopefully, the food won't reel me in and will not call my name.

hope you're all having a great week so far.....I promise to be "back to normal" here soon,.....(whatever normal is for me...Ha!)
Old 04-03-2001, 08:35 AM   #21  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello????? Anyone remember ol' Jo??? I'm back. Been gone ... what, about 2 weeks?? How unlike me. Well, I was sorta' out of commish. Spent 2 days in the hospital. See? Told you I was stressed. Woke up in the middle of one night last week having the most amazing panic attack. Rich ended up taking me to the emergency room because I couldn't breathe and kept telling him I was going to die. That's pretty much all I vaguely remember of the incident. That and how I felt like my heart was going to explode. So they kept me 2 days for observation and decided it was just stress, etc. Too much divorce and the ugly old ***** here at work who's apparently trying to make me quit or something and too much worrying about weight loss and all the other trivial stuff in life.

Gotta tell you that it was kinda nice having people waiting on me hand and foot even if I had to go to a hospital to do it. I refused to let Rich tell my parents until a couple days after I came home. Haven't told anyone (well, just a couple people I trust) at work why I was in the hospital. Too embarrassing. I've made a decision though. I'm going to muddle through this divorce thing and not let that .... please excuse the language a moment ... f***ing ******* win anything over me. I'm certainly not going to let the ugly witch here beat me. (Makes me feel much better to know that lots of people - about 95% - here can't stand her horrible, vile, petty personality.) And I'm down 30-ish pounds which is a major accomplishment and I plan to keep trucking along even if I have the occasional stumble. And boy have I had those!!

Another good thing is that I've found a way to clear my head and calm my nerves. It's going for a long walk and/or bike ride!!! Wow, exercise! Go figure. Can't wait for warm weather (it will come, won't it????) so I can get out and get the gardening and yard work done.

And then there's Rich and I'm slowly, ever so slowly (OK, I'm a big dope) realizing what a wonderful gift I have in him. A group of us divorced gals (6 of us) went out for a girls night out on Saturday night. The club we went to was crowded and loud and smoky and pretty awful. Well, it would have been if we were really there to meet men or something. We were just laughing and having a good time. But it was kinda' sad to see those people who were really there trying to find someone, you know. Again, I found myself thinking how lucky I was to have a good strong stable man in my life. Ahhh. Life really is good, even with the little crap here and there.

I have been reading the posts and getting caught up with you guys. CJ, I was so sorry to hear about your son and daughter-in-law. You're all in my prayers. And certainly I've been thinking about and praying for Chrissy and Sharon and the whole family. Please let us know what's going on.

Carolyn, congrats on the new vehicle!!! Feels good, doesn't it?

Zoe, don't worry about slipping up. Jump right back in there. That feels good too.

I apologize to all of you I haven't addressed but I think about you guys all the time. Oh, and I went to my WW weigh-in on Saturday (0.4 lbs. down - what the heck, it's something) and our leader wasn't in so we had a substitute. She was nice and all and at one point started telling us about this great website she'd found. She turned to write the URL on the board for us. WWW.3FATCHICKS.COM. I'm shouting "hey I know that one!!". Pretty funny.

Better get to work now. Still catching up. Fortunately the boss was on vacation last week so I didn't miss too much. Dog to the vet tonight so I have to leave a little early so I'd better get things done. But hey, best news: the sun's out!!!! First time in almost a week!! Spring???? Hello????

I love you guys!
Jo.
Old 04-03-2001, 09:53 AM   #22  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey Everyone,
Not too much to report here. My mom is staying with me. That's always fun. I ended up being pretty sick this weekend. I feel better now. Must have been a 24 hour bug or something. I missed work yesterday too. Hopefully it is all behind me now. Well I'm in reverse here. The first few weeks I couldn't really tell I was loosing weight but the scale could. Now I guess the effect is finally showing on me but the scale is stuck!! "Hello scale catch up!!!" I think it's a "time of the month" thing. BUT I do fit into my jeans instead of having to scrunch and I KNOW that I am bloated. I can feel it. So little victories still.

Carolyn - Ahh Spring break. Enjoy yourself. I'll try not to be too jealous. Tae Bo went pretty well. But it doesn't look like my brother will be joining me again. He just doesn't have the motivation. I keep working on him but I know that no one can make you exercise. Guilt only works temporarily!

Sharon - I'll be thinking about you and Chrissy this week. I sure hope everything goes better for you guys this time.
Chrissy - I am thinking about you and praying for you especially this week! Take care.

Carolyn (Regency) - Congrats on the new car. I know you are going to love it. I think those explorers are neat looking. I'm not sure I could get around in something that big!
I have had a feeder in my life. My ex boyfriend. He constantly tried to get me to eat. Just because everyone else was he felt I should too. When we broke up and I mentioned something about my weight he said "you haven't changed at all since we started going out" I had gained 20 lbs. . . Sheesh!

Zoe - Sometimes it is hard to get kickstarted when you just seem to be playing with gaining and loosing the same lbs. Don't be ashamed. It happens to ALL of us. One of the biggest things I miss about living in Dallas is going to all the sporting events. Have fun seeing the Rangers.

Jo - Good to hear from you. Sorry you ended up in the hospital but glad that you got everything checked out. Good thing you have Rich to take care of you. You are right you really are lucky to have him. Sometimes it takes difficulties to make us realize what we have. Terrible that you have two horrid people to have to deal with. They sure can make life miserable if we let them. It is amazing how exercise can help you. I hate to admit it after a life of exercise hating, but it does have some amazing benefits other than health.

Well "Howdy" to anyone I missed. Time to get back to work now. Sit and wait on my computer. YeeHaw!

Love you guys

Gina
Old 04-03-2001, 06:23 PM   #23  

Default SO FAR SO GOOD!

Hi guys,

This is Sharon on Chrissy's puter. Golly guys, I think this time the trial is gonna maybe actually be a go. We picked the jury yesterday 8 men of assorted ages and 5 woman also different ages-13 in all, cause they have to have an alternate than they pick one out of a hat to be out.

Anyways this judge so far has done a real turnaround and has been so darn nice and mellow this time around. Chrissy and I think that the first time he was really mad cause we appealed and got the confession back in-you know sort of "How dare they go over God's/MY head" LOL But this time I guess he maybe over it and with those 2 articles that that columnist Pete Waldmeir wrote that he doesn't like all this bad publicy. So it just may be that he is sick to death of us and wants all of us out of his face cause he must know we would be back again if it was another mistrial like last month. So he is even rushing us along and not even sneaking some of his other cases in, in between like the last time. Boy he is more fair and even sustained our prosecutor's objections 3 whole times. YAAAAA He doesn't talk down to him like the last time and all sweet to the defence attorney whom we think there must have been something going on there and they must have a falling out of somekind. LOL

So anyways guys it is a go and are we ever glad. Now tomorrow all they have to is the closing statements, instructions to the jury and than they will go off to try to reach a verdict and hopefully it will be the one we want "GUILTY" Premediated murder or at least 1st degree murder and also the armed robbery-felony too So keep on praying for us guys, cause we need all the help we can get.

Chrissy took the witness stand about finding their abandoned van and really did amazing job and was a tower of strength. I was really proud of her with all my sister in law has had to endure this past year and a half since my brothers murder.

One more thing this time is our prosecuter (the same one as before) is really sharp and on top of things and and he is doing a great job. Last time he only had a couple of days to get familiar with this case. So he has really done his homeword. So tomorrow will be it let's hope and pray.

Talk to you guys soon and thanks so much for all your encouragement and support so far. I will post again when I can. Jo welcome back and hope you are feeling better. Missed you!

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 04-03-2001, 07:00 PM   #24  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies......

I am home from work just relaxing now and reading the posts..... My boss was just granted permission to get on the internet at work and while he was gone today he said that I could "play" with it if I wanted to... I pulled up the post but didn't reply because by the time I found the post about 10 minutes had gone by and "Big Brother" watches you at work.... so I read a couple of the posts and signed off..... you are suppose to only do "work related" stuff.... and they monitor it. The "Internet Explorer" icon sits up in the right hand corner and when they are watching you it spins around and turns into a world.... then back to the explorer icon.... thats how you know they are watching... if its a "legal" (work related) site they don't watch..... it almost feels like a camera stuck in your face..... thats a nono hehe

Yes.... I am enjoying my new Explorer.... BUT..... you know how it goes.... I have to take it in for service tomorrow.... the whole right side, the speakers do not work...., no spare tire, and no cargo privacy shield.... and he didn't throw in the floor mats.... I get everything except the floormats.... JERK.... hehe There is even a "hook" in the carpet for the floor mat to be hooked on so that the driver's side doesn't keep slipping around... now why would Ford design their vehicles with a hook for the floor mat to hook on to if you can't get the darn floor mat.... doesn't make sense does it? No other floor mat has a hole in it so that it can be hooked up...... oh forgive me.... I am rattling.... it just upsets me when sales people take advantage of a woman.... makes me sick.

It was good to hear from you Jo.... so sorry that you were in the hospital... but good that things are okay..... I've only been back a few days myself..... Give the boss lady at work less thought time..... out of sight out of mind isn't it? Just try not to think of her..... I know its hard to do..... just try to lay back and relax where she is concerned... she may go away on her, another promotion, or another department or something... she's only in your life a short time.... don't sweat it..... your health is much more important.......

I miss CJ.... I hope everyone is doing okay.... my prayers are with you CJ... and my prayers are with Chrissy and her family too.... and you too Sharon, my prayers are with you.... and the trial.

My sissy, Joanna, called me a couple of hours ago... it seems she is on a plane heading for Toronto, on business.... she is stopping here in Detroit from Lexington but I won't be seeing her as her lay over is only for about an hour..... but I did tell her if she is delayed any longer to give me a call. She will only be staying over night in Toronto, and a meeting tomorrow and then leaving for home..... I know that she has changed her work hours to 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. I know her new love "Tim" works from 12:00 noon or 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Something like that... so they can spend more time together away from work.... so I don't know when she will be posting again..... she told me to get my butt to posting... and I haven't seen her around.... whats up with that????

I did make a phone call to England today.... we talked for nearly an hour... he was in no rush to get off the phone, "HER" name was never mentioned.... of course the reason I called was to brag about my Explorer...... yee haw.... boy did I butter up that conversation..... hehe shame on me... hehe.... but it was so much fun.... I didn't actually rub it in.... he knows that I have been wanting one.... and he knew that I drove an old van that I really didn't like (not a man magnet) like my new Explorer... hehe.... that part I kind of rubbed... hehe.... it was really odd because he usually rushes me off the phone, 20 minute conversations as he is waiting to call her or she is calling... not today.... I know, I know, shame on me I shouldn't be thinking thoughts like.... gee, did they break up?..... I know they probably haven't so don't get my hopes up thats for sure..... may be he was thinking about my new "guy magnet"... hehe I could be so lucky.... hehe All in all it was a nice conversation... very upbeat.... on both of our parts... he always thanks me for calling.... blah... blah..... I can still dream can't I? hehe

I am going to say good night for now.... maybe I'll be back later tonight to see whats happening......

Everyone take care and be good......
Love Carolyn

Flowers for all my friends...
Old 04-03-2001, 07:07 PM   #25  

I kept popping in here today to see if there was any reply from Sharon/Chrissy on how the court went today. I did get an email yesterday from Chrissy and she did say she was taking the stand today. So I see Sharon posted some news. Thanks Sharon.

Chrissy/Sharon....I am so glad things are finally looking up in your favor and this trial looks like a go now. You will be in my prayers.

Zoe....I have a friend that volunteers and gives tours at the Ranger stadium. We went on one and it was pretty interesting. I'm not a real baseball fan but how did they do?

JO....Glad to see you back. YES, you have a gem in Rich. He reminds me so much of my hubby. It was strange reading your post because it was about a year ago when the same thing happened to me. Then it happened again. And then again in Dec. Until they finally diaganosed it as panic/anxiety attacks and I am on med now for it. Funny thing is, I have no real stress in my life. So sometimes stress is not the cause of the symptoms. It can be a chemical deficency in your brain called serotonin. Anyway that,s what they figure with me.Hope you never have anotherone. They are very scary aren't they?
Old 04-03-2001, 10:24 PM   #26  
On the Move Chickaroo!!!

I don't want to bring anyone down.....but I was given some very bad news today.....my best friend died this morning...she was only 37

Even though I find this sooooo hard to believe....it has happened....my heart aches with sadness...

I just want to say...that we never know when it is our time...sooooo no matter if we are fat or thin.....having a good day or bad.....please live each day to its fullest...

not sure when I will post next...I have to go to NY for her funeral...

everyone take care and God Bless
Old 04-03-2001, 10:25 PM   #27  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default hello

Hi Ladies,....Sharon/Chrissy....Finally!!! Could this be the same Judge? So glad to hear he's had a turn about, hopefully it will be smooth sailing and a guilty plea.

Jo-Sorry to hear about your stay in the hospital but it was a good precaution that they kept you there, and besides its always nice to be fussed about. Oh and by the way....Rich sure sounds like a keeper to me!

Well I'm almost back to my old self, finally the medication I was taking for my kidney infection has started to work!!!Amen!!! But now my son is sick. He has had a fever off and on for a good 2 wks now, and was also complaining of a headache...turns out he has a severe sinus infection.

As for my weight...still at the same 206lbs. I'm trying so hard but no go...nothings going to budge that darn scale, my pills need to be taken w/o dairy products within 1 hr of taking the medication and should be eaten with food. Soooo, I'm eating more carbs than usual-hence the same weight plateau....(I think) So just like the little engine that could...I'm still going full steam ahead and who knows...maybe it'll be inches lost!

All the rest of the ladies....take care and don't forget weigh-in is tommorow....BE GOOD!
Take care,bye
Old 04-03-2001, 11:28 PM   #28  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi everyone.......

Just dropping in to say goodnight....

Kelster My heart goes out to you for the loss of your best friend.... its so hard to lose someone you care so much about..... I will keep you in my prayers....

Chrissy and Sharon Finally a break for you concerning the trial.... I find it hard to believe its the same Judge too.... The bad publicity must have done some good for this Judge to do a turnabout like he has.... good for you..... I too am hoping for a guilty verdict....

ginabob Feeders come in all sizes and sexes..... we knew they existed but there wasn't a name for them until recently.... just be aware of them and who they are and you can stay on top and be in control and maintain a losing weight attitude....

Well.... it is past my bedtime now... so good night to all... and be good.....

Carolyn

Last edited by Regency919; 04-03-2001 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2001, 11:43 PM   #29  
MK

hi everyone! just wanted to stop by. i haven't weighed in awhile, it will probably be next week when i do. sorry if my typing isn't very good, my cat is stretched out accross my arms and it is very hard to type. he is comfortable ha ha

kelster ; so very sorry to here about your friend, that is such a young age. you are right we should all live like this may be our last day. {{{{HUGS N PRAYERS }}}}}

Chrissy and sharon; i hope you get the verdict to you have waited a long time to get{{{{hugs and prayers}}}

cj;sorry to hear about the baby.

jo; take care of yourself panic attacks are scary.it sounds like you are turning things around though. hang in there

well, tomarrow is my first day off in 6 days. it is soooo nice. my hubby is on vac this week(he has more time than I do) we have to take the cats to the vet and i have to go shopping and i don't know what else. I DON"T have to cook for anybody unless I want to.
The masters golf tournament is in town,YUK traffic is terrible. It rained them out today which meant we were busy because they had nothing else to do. Just a few more days...............................

Well, I amgoing to go take a shower and wash this smoke smell off of me. take care everyone and will talk soon. Mary Kay
Old 04-04-2001, 08:35 AM   #30  
Long Lost Chickie

Good morning all. And yes it is one. Thanks to all of you who offered support and words of wisdom. Knew I could count on you for that stuff.

Sharon and Chrissy, I'm so glad to hear it's going well. Hopefully, it'll really happen this time. You guys deserve only the very best ending to this terrible part of your lives. I'm thinking of you!

Kelster, I'm so sorry to hear your news. You're right. You have to live life to the fullest because you never know what might happen. You're in my prayers.

Mary Kay, enjoy your day off!!! Your cat sounds like mine. LOL. I'm comfy, don't even try to move me.

Carolyn, good job on the call to England. Cool and casual, that's the way to be.

CJ, are you OK? Miss you.

Hey, have any of you heard of www.dottisweightlosszone.com. Pretty cool website run by a woman who's been a weight watchers member for years. Lots of stuff like recipes and a forum and stories from readers and points values for lots of restaurants. I've only poked around a little so far but it's very impressive.

Have to go now. The sun is shining today and it's FINALLY supposed to warm up a bit. Yard work this weekend?!?!?! Crossing my fingers.

Have a good one!
Much love, Jo.
Closed Thread