Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 08:51 AM   #16  

Hi Gang!

Although it is real cold here too, I have been getting out. Thanks, Kathy, yep, we've had some sunshine (like now!) and I do feel much better this week. In fact so much so, I am going to sit down today, and start writing out some new career plans and goals. Even thinking about starting a website. I didn't get *that* Cruves job, but another Curves even closer to home had an ad in the paper this week, so I'll go Monday to apply for that one. I'm beginning to think maybe it's not the best idea to be one of the first applicants. Maybe if you're one of the last, they remember you better. On the other hand, I can't believe there are that many ladies out there looking for part-time jobs with the pittance of pay they offer.

My legs are really sore today, and I don't know if it's because I did 4 miles jogging on the treadmill, practiced pilates, or went to the gym last night. I definitely am going to take it easy on them today, and just do 3 miles on the treadmill. LOL Weight loss has seemed to have slowed down now, and I've only lost 6# this month. But I've been reminded that this is to be expected because I don't weigh as much as I did back in the beginning when I could drop 2-3# a week, and as I get closer to goal. So Robin, I think you and I are going to be looking down the same road ahead here on out.

I ran across this post this morning, and if I could retitle it, I would take out the word "diet" and "dieting". I would substitute it with Eating Plan or Eating Way of Life. But these 50 things, I can attest, are essential to success for weight loss-

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35788

Cristi - Congrats on getting the house! We need details! What is it like? Moving residences is a major stressor, not to mention the mortgage application process, and closing. Hope you have the strength and stamina to get through it OK.

Well, I got up late and need to get on with the day. Much to look forward to - Onward and Upward! Stay Safe!

dip
Old 01-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Happy Friday Ladies~

Robin~so glad to hear from you. We were worried about ya, check in when you can.

Dip~ for the congrats on the house. I don't even want to think about the closing and such, geez, just trying to find one was stressful enough. I don't know what to say about it-we opted to go with a new one after all. Didn't want to in the beginning because of having to build a fence ourself, put in grass, etc. But then we thought at least it will be the way we want it. Of course any other house would have been also, but the others we looked at we would have had to do some major painting before moving in. We like where it is, there is no one behind us and won't be. The yard is big and it is in a cul de sac, another plus we liked. Thanks also for sharing that thread. I feel so embarrassed sometimes when I think of all the weight I should have lost since starting this. But I don't dwell on it because if I did I would be worse off. Those 50 deadliest mistakes are so true and number 1is my worst-I do good and then fall off track and instead of getting back on I quit because I get this attitude of what is the point? I am never going to do this. I am slowly overcoming the negativity, changing 'try' to 'do' and other things. I am working on loving myself and my body. Anywho-thanks for sharing that. Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Here's to the next one :

Hi Kathy, Blu & Monika~hope you ladies are having a fine day.

Well ladies I need to be getting off this thing or I will never be ready to move. I have been trying to get rid of stuff as I pack and am finished with my closet. DS#2 has been working on his room the last two days, and the other two (DS#1 & DD) haven't even started. Of course DS#1 is still supposed to be taking it easy till the next Dr. visit and we still have plenty of time. I am going to work on the dining room and some on the living room today and tomorrow. And tackle the office next week-Feb. 20 will be here before you know it! Okay ladies I have gone on enough.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:33 AM   #18  

Hey! Where'd everybody go?

dip
Closed Thread