Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 05:48 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #50 Got lost on the way to the beach

Well Not doing so well about anything.

My DH grandfather passed away this weekend. He was 105 years old. he would have been 106 in March. He really didn't look older than 75. The minister talked about how much he had seen over his life time (he lived at home until he was 102). Going from horse drawn carriage to auto's and space travel etc. My niece said that he looked better than some of the people who came to teh funeral.
It got me to thinking about "regrets" Regretting that I didn't do or experience this and that.

Now my DH brother died of cancer at age 36.

I guess my point is that you never know how much time you have on this earth.

I know that my weight keeps me from doing things that I think I would do if given or making the opportunity. I let my weight be a barrier for so much.

I was also on teh news yesterday. Boy they say that the camera puts 10# on you. Well it put at least 50#'s on me!

SO needless to say I am in the mental battle still . Complicating something that should be so simple.
EAT LESS MOVE MORE FOOD IS JUST FUEL FOR YOUR BODY!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:40 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Well I am thinking of working out this morning. Just 30 mins on the treadmill. It has been just sitting up in the spare bedroom getting dusty. Just 30 mins. I certainly can manage that amount of time, Couldn't I?

Ate all the carb left overs from Monday. Fingers are like sausages this morning. But I need to get into some clothes that are hanging in the closet!
So Eat less move more!
Old 10-05-2003, 09:06 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am sorry about your double loss. 105?? Well he sure did live a very long and good life. I Can feel your pain for the loss of your DHB. GOSH only 36. just bearly starting life. Cancer is a horrible way to go. I feel for his family too. Did he leave any

Pat I have been getting ready for state inspection and really stress eating. I am ashamed to say I put a huge dent (about over half) in a box of Krispy Kream doughnuts friday and well I still have been eating too much. so here I go. I am ready. take not of the by line 224 yesterday. my legs hurt when I squat from the fat squishing. UGH and my gut is hanging all over the place. I really hate this. my arms also have been felling the SQUISH. Pat I am so dissapointed in myself it is not funny, but I am not despondent and know I can do it. I am exercising and doing well. (may be some of the weight gain, but it should have been coupled with fat loss and been a no loss situation not a gain.)

So If you are ready???
Old 10-06-2003, 05:56 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Thanks Sue.
DBIL Passed away 3 years ago? This Sat his widow has asked teh immediate family to her home for I don't know what. ALl I know is that it has something to do with his ashes. Rather not go.

But 105?? DH grandfather. How can you feel bad about that?
Well Stress eating what can I add to that? I havene't bought the book yet. But the forum has a book club section and they are reading Dr. Phil's new book. I have also read some excerpts in mags. I like him because he gets "real" and places teh responsibility on the person.
Sinec starting t on teh glocophage , you'd think it was a free pass to eat anyway I want. Because it helps the body utilize insulin. Well what am I thinking??? The bad carbs aren't good for me! period. pill or no pill.

I too am waiting for the state. They arrive on your door unannounced. Gotta love it?

Well I am ready. How do you want to start?
Old 10-06-2003, 05:39 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

right now!!! I had a bag of corn chips today did not have time to go out to lunch well yes i did but nothing to eat and no cash so settled on a bag Not good but... It still was not all that horrible i could have had an icecream and some candy or 2 bags!!!

lets post I will try to post daily but may not get there as life is really busy for me these days. but I need to know youa re there and ready to kick some butt!!!

lets get into ready mode this week ridding ourselves from all the evil carb monsters and the craving fool and be ready for a good 5 days of OPness min next week!! or do you have any different ideas??
Old 10-07-2003, 05:51 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

OK sounds like a plan.
I am with you and we can do this again!

Water water water! Flush !
I haven't been shopping so pretty much everything is gone.
I didn't cave to the cravings I had yesterday!

Of I forgot to say way to go on teh exerciseing !!! It's great that you are deytermined to get that in!!!!
Saturday won't be good with that memorial thing. But I'll see waht I can do!

I am there for you!!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Sat is bad for me too (50th anniversary for IL's) but after that I am golden!!

I did great today except for the small dish of chinese but that was it for the carbs today. yesterday I did cave with much chinese and had several sweet and sour chicken I did not eat the sayse but the chicken was deep fried ina batter. BAD but that was not as bad as the chips I had for lunch. (nothing else) I am coaching several girls at work now so i have to be good and a example so I guess ZI must be good!!

Well hang in there and I will see you tomorow.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:28 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Hey Lady!
Yesterday sucked for me! All my good intentions out the window. But again poor planning on my part!
Will be grocery shopping tonight so I can be prepared for my meals
water seems better.

It's great that you are sharing your expertise!

Enjoy Saturday!
See you tomorrow
Old 10-13-2003, 05:55 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Well another Monday!
Bought the Dr. Phil book at Sam's, started it last night.

Went shopping will eat lo carb today.

Boy what a beautiful weekend. DH and I did some work out in teh garage and I planted some bulbs for next spring. It sure is nice to know that this is your property toi enjoy the years ahead. Bringing me the service bill for the furnace work I had done last week! Pros and cons I guess.

The memorial thing for my DH brother went OK, not as bad as I thought. But many carbs were eaten!

How are you (all) doing?
Old 10-14-2003, 05:53 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well I had an OP Monday.
Focus on portions and lo carb eating

B-2 eggsw/feta cheese
l-soup
d-pork
yam
salad
s-sf jello and coolwhip
2 quarts of water!

I am reading teh Dr.Phil book , very good read so far
Old 10-15-2003, 06:31 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Tues was good as well!
b- SF yogurt
s-lo cal cheese
l- chef sald
d-10 wings 1 slice pizza
1 1/2 quarts water

How are you doing?
Old 10-16-2003, 05:54 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Hello,
Well had a mediocore day yesterday
b-2 eggs /cheese
l-soup
d-2 slices pizza
3/4 water

Better day ahead!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:03 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Hello it's Monday Morning!
Still not committed or regularly focused.
REading about the first key in the dr. phil book.
Eating more carbs that I should.
The scale is holding still
How is everyone else doing?

Hello....
Old 10-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Hello everyone
Had a better day yesterday. But it is usually better during teh work week for me as long as I take the time to plan and then make a lunch
Water could have been better
Still no exercise, still paying for that gym membership!
Old 10-26-2003, 02:12 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Pat this is it!!

I musy atleast stop in for 5 min daily I have fallen so hard it is not funny. still expecting the state to stop by any time now hope not untill next week not this one here. My little german is still here and having loads of fun. we are doing good and not to much trouble. dd2 had b-day last week and ds has one this week and party for family this weekend. so guess what?? not good eating.

well have to go to work today so must jump in the shower or i will not only stink but be a grease ball.

HEY!! where is your sence of economy alteast make it to the gymn to take a long leasire shower!! save money for water!!! LOL

well girl have a great day the next few for me are going to be rather busy forwork. catch you in the next few days!!

Plan your lunches
plan your exercise and just plan on one day not OP.
Closed Thread