Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:06 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohani
I hate to be on topic, but I exercised this morning. Can you believe it? I also ate a healthy breakfast. I felt like it. Do you think I'm sick?

It's too early too tell. Please repeat this experiment at least 4x/week for 6 weeks and then I'll let you know the results of our study.

Re: good kids/bad kids/neglect/etc. You're all quite right. Because of course you are all wonderful parents.

Do you think there is something specifically wrong with someone who tends to leave out the verbs in sentences? Because that's what I do all the time -- I'll be typing along and read what I wrote and I've left out about 1 verb in every sentence. Do you think it means I prefer not to DO anything, maybe? Of course TO BE is TO DO, isn't it? Or is that DO BE DO BE DO?

Kiwi
Old 01-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #62  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Wabby, You forgot the "er"
Old 01-26-2004, 10:36 PM   #63  

Kiwi, it's "Do be a Do-Bee" remember Romper Room. I was too old for it, but my little brother watched daily. Miss Connie knew exactly how people should live their lives. She was CERTAIN to put verbs in her sentences. She would have realized immediately that male cousins would never be so judgemental nor so willing to help as to get involved in the Mere de La Peche debacle. She knew that daughters are far more resilient than mothers because they are living through their breakups without menopause in the mix. She would have reassured Painty that we all have Shelley Winters days once in a while. She probably even knows where Kiwi went to HS, because I realize that I don't know. She would fix Sugar's puter and baby sit while she tackled her dreams.
Miss Connie was a wonderful Romper Room Lady.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:30 PM   #64  
loves kleenex box art

Forgot the "er?" Whoaer? Deeper? Wabbyer?

I am taken aback that you all seem to feel entitled to have opinions of your own.

Or to Kiwi:

I am taken aback that you all entitled to opinions of your own.

Furthermore:

Are you members of the Red Hat Society yet?

And:

I'm scratching the novella. Actually, it's already a short story and I like it fine like that. I need a new idea. Did you know I once worked in a stripper joint? I could place a bunch of overweight cow-like strippers on the stage ....

Blah
Old 01-27-2004, 07:21 AM   #65  

1. Breaking up is hard"er" for our Wabby than for her DD. They bounce back better than we do.
2. I don't have school again today. There isn't even 1 inch out there. It is promising to snow later. Yesterday, the newsman had the ruler out measured the snow...this was full out blizzard coverage...it measured 2.5 inches. Thank G-d I live in a place where the blizzards are imaginary events used to sell comercials on news programs.
3. Yes, we all knew about the strip joint. Wasn't it called, "The Third Udder?"
Demi Moore will play me in that movie.
4. I think I'll go back to bed.
bye
Old 01-27-2004, 07:27 AM   #66  
loves kleenex box art

The Olson twins will play Sugar and me.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:25 AM   #67  
fatter than U

Talking parts of me are missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
The Olson twins will play Sugar and me.
Yes! Ashley is just soooooo me!!!

I was at the thyroid doctor today and it seems that my thyroid gland has gone on vacation. It's not there any more. Not even a little bit. How disconcerting. Where did it go? Maybe that's why I'm so weird.

Parent/teacher conference about ds10 this afternoon. He's fine. We're not expecting trouble.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:59 AM   #68  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default A-cow-na matada!!!!!

IT'S MY PROBLEM FREEEEEEE---PHILOSOPY!!!!!!I am SO enjoying your discussions!!!! Paintycow---you have a lovely touch with this herd!!!---it is good to have you back!!!---ohhhhhhhh-----i LOVE this colour!!!! ANYway---a few things i will comment on!!!----HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA TO NEW JERSEY ---cancelling school with a few inches of snow---KIWONKERS!!! let us tell them what a snowstorm really is----if you saw Stephen King's Storm of the Century---we have those every few weeks up here and still have to wonder if school may be cancelled---next storm i will record on my camera and get Kiwi to figure out how to send the files!!!!-----ohhhhhhhhhh wabbalicious!!!!!-----i know JUST how you feel---when dd19 had "breakups" I was devastated and sooooooooo sad for both parties-----she eventually got back with the guy she is with at university and i am very happy for them----but i live in fear of another catastrophe!!!! our hearts are interconnected for surelohani-lush!!! i am so pleased that you may be taking a break from school---you are making me look bad----every time i go into ds's school ,I run out with glee----glad to have escaped the melee!!!!i feel like a cantakerous old hag!!!! but HAPPY to be heading to Timmy's for my coffee and back to my warrrrrrrrm house----{minus thirty winds today---and it has been very windy}very sadly we have FOUR missing fisherpeople {one is a woman}----they were out in this terrible cold weather and returning from campobello island {your president Roosevelt's summer retreat} and have not been heard from for days------they had survival suits but that would not be much help in these conditions---they said the windchill on the water was minus fifty------------------depressingokay----i have to do some work,SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let me just say that i would like MiMi from the Drew Carey Show to play ME,cause then i could say WHATever I like,and that is very important to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!ahahahahaha
Old 01-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #69  

I love Mimi! She was one of my most favorite TV characters. I can't think of anyone to play me. You choose.

You need to take the rest of you on vacation with your thyroid, Sugar. You'd feel much better. I, too, am a creative soul stifled by my present circumstance. If you figure a way to be creative, and yet get all the mundane things in life taken care of, let me know.

I've been awake since 3 am this morning. I did not solve all my problems while mulling them over all night long. I did, however, manage to get a roast cooking in the crockpot, and a load of laundry folded. What could I do if I skipped sleeping altogether?

My friend has invited me to go to the symphony on friday evening. No DH's allowed.

That's so sad about the fishermen, Bagzie. We had 2 ppl who were on the beach clamming washed out to sea. Isn't that bizarre? Who would think that clamming is life threatening?

I'll be back. I'm all a-lone and lonely today here at work.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:44 PM   #70  

Wabby, I'm here to entertain you. I am awake. I'm trying to get motivated to do something.

Who could play you? We'll need a blondie type with reasonable boobs. I think you have to go with Renee Z.

I have resolved to turn my insomnia into productivity, too. How is your darling DD????? She probably slept fine last night. It is awful, isn't it?

I'm going to go do the following:
1. drink coffee
2. watch some tv
3. continue reading while watching TV....multitasking is the hallmark of a good housewife.

bye
Old 01-27-2004, 12:54 PM   #71  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i can't sleep either,but i am afraid if i get up and do things i will be exhausted all day,TAKE a NAP and repeat the cycle--------HOW DO YOU SOLVE THIS ONE???
Old 01-27-2004, 01:22 PM   #72  

Coffee. Lots of coffee. It is funny that since I've been working and CAN'T nap, I haven't had insomnia. I am belting down the coffee right now. Big plans.

I hate stories of people going out fishing and never coming back or going crabbing and never coming back. Lately, I've heard a lot of stories like that...or maybe I'm listening more now that the DD will soon be driving. It is scary once your kids have independent mobility.

My coffee is kicking in. I'm going to go address the laundry then my room. I'll be back. L

Last edited by Lohani; 01-27-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:01 PM   #73  

Renee Z. Too young. Too blonde. What about Goldie Hawn? At least the age is more reasonable.

DD is what woke me up at 3 am. She gets home from work around then. Can you believe I let my little girl work as a bartender until those hours? The worse thing about the break up is that the BF is the step son of the bar owners, so she still has to see him.

Quote:
I'm going to go address the laundry
Don't mail it to me. I have plenty already.

Bagzie, set the timer for 20 minutes. A short nap won't hurt.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:22 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohani
I'm going to go address the laundry then my room.
Hellooooooooo Laundry (please use Norton's voice for this)

I had no idea you used to be a stripper, Peachie Was your stage name
La Peche? I do like the idea of renaming your mother La Mere de La Peche. That would really drive her nuts.

I think Wabbit could be played by Goldie Hawn. Although I was thinking of Liza Minelli, back when she was younger and sexy (although she has certainly turned into a crazy old cow, hasn't she?). Sadly I see myself as Peggy Lipton in "Mod Squad" -- I do live in the past, don't I?

Bagz doesn't remind me the least bit of Mimi, but hey, it's your fantasy, dear. Demi Moore is perfect for Lush. Audrey Hepburn is good for Peaches, although if you want a live actress, how about Winona Ryder?

I'll bet if I had a job I could manage to sleep at a somewhat reasonable hour too. I heard on TV the other day that you need at least 6 hours of sleep before your brain starts to benefit from it. I think that says everything about my life. I sleep in 3-4 hour spurts, therefore my brain is just dying on the vine and it shows.

Oh, yeah, we're too young for the Red Hats, dear. Well, some of us.

Kiwi
Old 01-27-2004, 07:23 PM   #75  
loves kleenex box art

Guesssss what???????GUESSSSSSS!

I have been notified by an online magazine (one of the BEST ONES) that a story I wrote will be in the March issue.

I don't want to say here because I'm using another name.
I was NOT a stripper. I was a waitress. but if you email me, I'll telllll you. YAY YAY
Closed Thread