Old 01-28-2004, 05:33 PM   #31  
Mooz

Just a quick call to bump us up to the top again. I will hopefully get to post in the morning.
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #32  

Hello Ladies,
We'll I ended up having to cancel my mammogram yesterday. We were in the process of negoitating a contract for work & I just couldn't say "well guys time for my dr. appointment." so I had to cancel, luckily they can get me in on a saturday in february. Things have been so hetic at work, this is when I really need to exercise, but do I? no? We're due for some cold weather here this week, but I am determined to get back to my morning walks. I felt so much better when I was walking.

Thin - Too bad about the furnace, but luckily you had the ceramic heater & your hubby to warm up too. I bet the dessert nights are just beautiful there. I'm sure watching two doggies under two will definitely be fun... A neighbor of mine got a baby puppy over the holidays and it just makes me want to get one too... but i have my hands full with mine.

Mooz - hope to hear from you soon.

ChaCha - we're all here, glad to hear from you too. Wish you could send some of that snow here, just for day though... and only on a saturday...

Nita, Cat, Hal, LittleChick, Mitchellez - Hope to hear from you all soon...
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:21 AM   #33  
Mooz

Good Morning Chicks - Wednesday again!! It is a very cold frosty morning here today and I hope the footpaths are not slippery as I really want to go for a walk. I seem to have had very little time to spend at the computer ......... my art class started again last night and I have been painting for the past few days trying to get into painting mode again seeing as I have not done any since early December!!
Eating has been going well this week and hopefully I can lose those 1.5 pounds that I gained last week.

Patty - sorry that you had to cancel your mammogram. It is one of those things that you just want to get over and done with.

Thin - lucky that you had the small ceramic heater to give some heat.

Nita - I'm sure you just love the Arizona weather right now

Chacha - maybe all that shoveling will help the weightloss!!

Catlover - I hope you are feeling less tired by now.

Hal - are you getting to work these days or are you snowed in?

Michelle - hope you get to post soon as we would all love to hear from you ......... whether you are in control or out of control this is a support group and that is why we are all here.

HAve a great day all

Small joys

Find joy in the little things, for there are so very many of them. In every day there are countless opportunities to be joyful.
Those small moments of joy and happiness will add up. They'll keep you pointed in a positive direction.

Big achievements are the result of small efforts added one by one to each other. In the same way, lives of happiness and fulfillment are built piece by piece, one small joy at a time.

Don't postpone your enjoyment of life, waiting for a grand and glorious achievement. If you neglect the small opportunities for joy, the big, magnificent joys will surely elude you.

Why should you be joyful over the little things when the big things seem so oppressive? Because a positive approach to life will focus and direct your energy toward overcoming those difficult challenges you face.

Take a moment, find something to be genuinely happy about, and you can literally feel that positive energy flowing in you. Now step forward and put it to work.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 01-29-2004, 11:39 AM   #34  

Hope everyone is staying warm. Thin....be VERY glad you are not up in the artic areas by us. Last night was -8 (windchills about -30) and it is still -1 now. VERY cold, I just can't seem to warm up -need some of that under my *ss.

I did go to the gym this morning but VERY hard to get moving. Oh well, this too shall pass. I wish I could have stayed home in bed today

1day....can relate to the mammo. I usually make my OB\GYN and mammo appt at approx the same time (to get them over and done with).

Hope you all have a terrific day!! Tomorrow we are going to Madison for the Linkin Park concert (well the kids are).
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #35  

Hello Ladies,

Nothing new today, just trying to stay in control. I have got to start working on drinking my water. That is one thing I have let slip.

Chacha - Wow, that is really cold up there. With temps like that I don't think I would want to get out of bed... I can't even imagine what your heating bill runs.

Mooz - You are a busy woman, but that is good,, keeps us away from just sitting at the table & snacking. Hope you were able to get your walk in today. Are you still doing the winsor pilates? I was thinking about buying that tape, what are you thoughts on it?

we'll need to run...

Thin, Cat, Nita, LittleChick, Hal, Mitchellez - Hope to hear from you all soon...
Old 01-30-2004, 10:05 AM   #36  

Default RE: And... so do we...!!!

Good snowy, cold and snow day #3 Friday,

I hope this finds everyone doing well. I am just fine. As usual a tad busier than I would like to be. But, but, but... today is snow day #3 of the school year - and there is NO day like a SNOW day. Altho, I will head into school just after lunch to work for the afternoon - what a stress reliever to have an opportunity to catch up! My diet has been good with occasional slips. The slips would be choosing to have carbs that were not complex - and usually when dining out. I am gaining control - but can do much better. I am not exercising and that has got to change. I know I can feel 100% better if I just take a little time for me.

Last edited by HalGal; 01-30-2004 at 10:09 AM.
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #37  

Hello All!

Hal - lucky you... snow day # 3, I wish we would get just a little snow here. The weather is cold but not like anything up east..This week my goal is to drink more water...

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #38  

Hi Chicks~~
just dropping by after my chores are done at the park. Been a very busy morning. Walked 1.5 miles w/DH early. Then we went to his moms to start a painting project she wants done. She wants one wall in her white bedroom to become burgundy. It will be quite a change. She has a new bed spread that will have some of the same colors in it, so i bet when we are done the room will pop with that new dark color in there. She didn't get enough paint tho, so today she got back to home depot for more.

I am getting better about walking daily, but so far i just don't feel any more pep from it. That is when i get discouraged. Others speed walk, roller blade, run, and here i can't even get into walking. Plus i don't feel the energy from it like would normally occur.

~~HALGAL~~snow day # 3 in a row?? wow, that must be something. It is cold all over, so i can imagine this happening in alot of places. Where i'm from they more often have to cancel or delay because of the frigid temps.(20 below and more~ glad i"m in arizona for another "winter"

~~ChaCha~~ didn't think it was you who was going to the Linkin Park concert But do you go to be with your children and how old are they?
Have fun and be careful.

Hi to all the rest...keep posting and i will get on here as much as i can. For encouragement! it does help!!

thinlizzie

Last edited by thinlizzie; 01-30-2004 at 02:49 PM.
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:50 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Well last night was one of my worst nights. I thought I just had a toothache and it kept me up most of the night. As soon as I get up in the morning I call my dentist to find out his office is closed and because I felt it was an emergency I did try his home phone and cell phone but no response. I then went to the Yellow Pages and found a dental clinic that deals with children and I gave them a call. To make this story short--when they took the x-ray of my lower left side the dentist found a cavity as well as an abscess in one of the teeth and the molar was loose and had to come out as well. Because I was in such pain I didn't even hesitate to get them taken out. What I am most upset about is the fact that I had just gone to my dentist 2-1/2 weeks ago and he took x-rays as well. He most definitely should have seen this problem and done something about it. When I said I was having some discomfort on that side he said the molar was loose because the bone was deteriorating and for the time being it should be okay. Sorry to share this long message. When I came home and took a nap about 2:00 o'clock my dentist's assistant called. I do believe I have a complaint against this dentist because no one should have to suffer for no just cause!

As a result of this episode I missed my bowling, as well as the monthly free lunch. Also I do not believe I will walk on the treadmill this evening. At the moment I am on pain medication so I do feel a whole lot better than this morning. I was told to try and stick to a liquid diet for the first 24 hours.

I, too, have to go for my mammo on Monday. Also I have to go to the urologist on Wednesday. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to do your yearly checkups.

Thanks for being there for us when we need your support.

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:17 PM   #40  

Hello Ladies,

Nita - So sorry to hear that you have been in pain, & to top it off it was tooth pain..I think I have to agree with you, if you went to the dentis two 1/2 weeks ago, I'm thinking something should of showed up on the xrays. Hope you get to feeling better.

Thin - good to hear from you. Sounds like your MIL is going to keep you all busy for a while. I would love to paint my bedroom a different color other than white, but I'm just not daring enough...or am I just lazy...

I have been working on my taxes, hoping to get something back this year...Wishing everyone a great saturday...
Old 01-31-2004, 11:49 PM   #41  

Hello All... - Bringing us back to the top.

Had a lazy day today... cleaned house, watch a movie, cleaned some more,, watch another movie... tonight I was busy working on taxes... looks like i'm be getting some money back this year....

Anybody watching the superbowl game tomorrow? I guess i'm going to root for the North Carolina team...
Old 02-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #42  

Hi Chicks~~just got in from our 1.5 mile walk. Might be adding to it just a bit by trying a few more jogs in the route. IF the sun stays out today i might also go do some pool exercise. It got pretty cold again last night. Good thing for elec. heaters!

~~NITA~~ I am sooo sorry to hear of your dental problems. And the pain it caused. I was glad to hear you took it easy after the procedure. It is not good to workout with just having that type thing done. Do rest and feel better. And i agree with 1DAY~~your regular dentist should be responsible for some of that! In 2 weeks it couldn't have changed all that much. He should have been able to pick up on that.

~~1DAY~~ great feeling to start on those taxes and find out they owe you some money! It is going to be very close to the due date for us this year. Getting mail forwarded for one thing is going to slow all my paperwork down. I just hope it all reaches me! If you have to ask for a new W2 to be sent, that would probably take forever.

I think it would be better for the Panthers to win too, as they are a new team having never gotten to the 'big game' before. We are watching it at a neighbors of his mom's. It will be one big bash i'm sure, as the whole cul-de-sac shows up and more that he invites. This guy loves to cook, so the indian tacos should be very good. I ate very light yesterday knowing i might just try a few more things today! I had salsa on my salad and that is zero calories. It was good that way. Plus i had some avacado leftover and it starts to turn black so fast, i just HAD to eat it! love that stuff. BUT at least it was a California avacado. They have less fat than the Florida ones, and you can taste the difference too. First time i've been able to try one. We don't get the CA ones by us it seems.

That is one thing in Arizona, i am able to try alot of new foods. And healthy ones too...if i want to.

Well, i will sign off for now and try to visit again tomorrow.

thinlizzie
Old 02-01-2004, 11:53 AM   #43  

Default RE: 'I Have Been Blessed!" Martina McBride

Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

OK, time to get serious! We can do this, I must do this! I am going to do my best to exercise by walking daily with Rocky and doing 20 minutes of the stationary bike 4 days this week. It is on my agenda - for me. That is how I must look at it.

I went to a Martina McBride and Alan Jackson concert last night. In a word this concert was AWESOME. I adore Martina, and Alan is such a sincere, traditionalist his voice/music are very uplifting and relaxing. We picked up seats yesterday 5th row center just behind the floor seats. Yes, we picked them up yesterday! I have always heard they hold a few good seats to be sold the day of the concert - and we lucked out. We were blessed. Now, let's talk about squeezing into those 18 inch stadium seats. It was not comfortable, and I am more motivated than ever to work toward a size that is comfortable. No one is going to do it for me, right?

Just a few notes, and I apologize to anyone I miss...

Nita: Good luck with your dental problems. There is no excuse for anything but the best of dental care. I don't understand, I know things happen, but it seems the more I hear, this is becoming more common - folks not doing the best they can.

Thin: Your words about walking help, thanks! Rocky's harness is broken and I must get out today to get a new one. The groomer placed it on very loosely around his neck and he chewed it through. His hair is so long I honestly did not notice until he had nearly chewed it through. There you go Nita - another example - folks not doing the best they can do.

Mooz: How are you doing?

Hello to OneDay, CatLover, Michellez, LittleChick and anyone I may have been missed. I have a paper to write today, but I think I'll run errands while the sun is out now. Have a great day!

HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #44  

Mornin' chicks~~ where is our mooz these days?? Hope all is ok over there in Ireland~

DH couldn't walk with me today, but i just finished mine and i found a way to weave thru the park a bit different and add a 10th of a mile to my walk. 1.6 today girls! YAY. Sun is shining and i will take advantage as much as possible, since tomorrow it is looking to be a major rain(for AZ! that is) 1/2 inch. Probably will be alot of flooding even with that! Very different than by us in upper Michigan. Takes like 3 or 4 inches to really be 'flooded' in the yard and such.

DH is gone to his mom's to finish touching up our paint job...turns out with that bumpy type finish (like stuccoed) on the walls there, the prep work wasn't a success. One wall was to be this bright burgundy leaving the rest white, but the tape did not adhere well to that finish. soooo we have this uneven border now. He has to take primer and go over carefully trying to make a new clean straight white border again! yikes. More work than one figured. And his mom did not feel well last night at the superbowl party, so he wants to see how she is today. She had like pins n needles in her arm that lasted for along time. Hope she is ok today. I'm wearing the cell phone incase something comes up. I have to do mail in awhile so i stayed here.
She has high cholesterol no matter what pills/exercise/eating program she is on, so we always worry about her heart.
And speaking of that......
Happy Heart Health day to you all too!

~~HALGAL~~glad i could help you think about scheduling your walking. I always need the help of this site too. It's a great place. Glad you enjoyed the concert, and yes, you did luck out w/those seats! Good deal.

Glad to hear the latest on Rocky. I guess having a spare collar or harness might be a good idea with him. I wonder how long they like chewing on things for that breed? The terriers i watched on Sat. were a challenge. They are 1 1/2 yrs old and they are chewing alot yet! One took the others leash and was chewing and pulling it around to show it was the top dog. Very amusing to watch. Course when they aren't your "kids" it's loads more fun, cause you can return them! right??

Well, i must go and let another use the computer. And have my oatmeal for breakfast.

Hi to all the rest...hope you're feeling better ~~NITA~~!

thinlizzie
Old 02-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #45  
Mooz

Good Evening Chickies - I had done a long post on Saturday morning but when I went to submit it I lost the whole thing. I hate it when that happens.
Anyway I lost the 1.5 pounds that I had gained the previous week but going by the way I was eating at the weekend I have probably put it on again! I will just have to try and have a good week.

I probably will not get to walk tonight as it is very wet and windy.
Paul had an interview last week for a job in America. If he gets through this stage the next interview would be in America. The only catch with the job is that he would have to make a commitment to stay with them for 3 years.
Sinead is back at University again after the Christmas holidays and Orla is now in her last year at school and hopefully by this time next year she will be at University too. The house will be very empty during the week - not too sure if I feel good or bad about that!

Thin - seems like you are enjoying your walks again. I hope your MIL is feeling better.

Halgal - you are one lucky lady ........... I love Alan Jackson's singing. I am so jealous!!

Patty - you were right to just have a relaxing day. Glad to hear you will be getting some money back.

Nita - hope you are feeling better by now. I also think your dentist should have noticed something when he did the x-rays.

Chacha - hope you had a good time at the concert with your kids.

Catlover, Michelle and anyone else hope you get a chance to call in soon.

Less than perfect

Things will never be perfect. Sometimes they will never even be close. Yet that is no reason to hide away from life, no reason to curse your predicament. On the contrary, it is every reason to rise up and go forth with renewed determination.
If you wait for conditions to be perfect, you won't ever get much done. If you refuse to go ahead unless you can be guaranteed of a sure thing, you'll never get very far.

It's great to aim toward perfection, yet to arrive at perfection you must cross through a lot of imperfection. To get everything just right, you must be willing to deal with things going wrong.

Take this day, this moment, with all its flaws, and make the very most of it. Rather than complaining about what you don't have or where you'd rather be, make full use of where you are, of what you do have.

Aim toward perfection while also accepting the reality of what is. And excellence will surely result.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 02-02-2004 at 03:29 PM.