Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 09:44 AM   #16  

Default Hey Y'all!

I know! I know! Y'all don't beat me! Sorry for being MIA but this has been a wild week! First of all, Tim and I went shopping for a new truck for him. His other is about to need some major work so we thought that we had better trade it in before it conked out. He found a beautiful hunter green Chevy. Then, of course, I decided "it ain't fair for him to have a new vehicle and not me!" Am I right girls? So I have found this cherry bomb red Jeep Grand Cherokee that I have gone nuts for. I am going to try it out today or tomorrow. Can't wait.

BTW I am home this morning because Landon has strep and I had to take off and go to the doctor with him. Bless his little heart. He looks so pitiful all cuddled up on the couch.

All right- for the big story- do y'all remember the little boy that was having trouble at school. Well, since Christmas break, he has been suspended or had to be taken home every day. He has become sooo violent. Well, the other day, he comes in bright and early and wigs out on his teacher before 8:20. The assistant principal comes down to deal with him. She is going to take him to the office to call his dad but he refuses to walk. He slides on his bottom down the hall. When they reach the door that goes outside to the playground, he hops up and takes off to the great outdoors! There are a total of 5 of us trying to catch him. He goes all over campus. The cops come. He finally runs to the bus sheds. He hops on a bus and locks the door. He is sitting there hitting every button trying to start the thing to take off and flipping off everyone with the other hand. The cops have to go through the emergency door to corner him. Do you know on cartoons when the characters get into a fight and all you see is a little cloud of dust? Picture that in your mind. They finally wrangle him off the bus and have to handcuff him and put him in the back seat of the patrol car because he is fighting TWO COPS with everything he's got. Then he is still going nuts and starts trying to rip the police lights out of the back window with his feet. So they took him downtown and called the social services for a psychiatric evaluation. *sigh* And he's only a first grader!!! I don't know what in the world he is going to be like as he gets older. Right now he is homebound, but by law, the school still has to provide an education for him. Soooo guess who they want to tutor him after school 2 days a week starting next week.... yep, me. I said I would but only on the conditions that the principals stay and he's not allowed to bring a coat or backpack. I don't trust the little bugger. We'll see how it goes.

I gotta get off here. I'll try to post individual replies later. BTW loved all the supernatural stories. Cristi- I hope everything goes well with DS. Later girls!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

I have to leave in 15 mins. just wanted to quickly say:

Welcome back Kayecee!!

Post more later
Old 01-16-2004, 06:51 PM   #18  
self portrait

Talking Wow, what a story Kayecee!!!

Oh my gosh, what a sad and scaring story about that poor little boy. What a terrible home life he must have to be in such a state at such a young age. I went to Thurston High School her in Oregon where the Kip Kinkel shooting occured, On my birthday about four years ago May 21st. I graduated with his sister, kristen kinkel. I find these frequent stories of troubled youths very frightening. I wouldn't trust him either if I were you. I am just glad I have been out of school for ten years and don't have to be in those environments anymore. It is getting dangerous to be a kid and try and get a good education in a public school. You have to deal with budget cuts and unstable peers. What is this word coming to?? Makes me sick to think of it.
Anywho, enough of dwelling on that sad subject.
Well, good luck trying out your red love car. I just love new cars. I got one almost three years ago and I am still in love with it. I got a 2000 turbo diesel volkswagen beetle. Kermit the frog green, since I am in love with kermit the frog. It also gets 55 miles to the gallon on the freeway and 49 in the city. You cannot beat that, especially when you are on a limited budget and I only have to pay 25 dollars a month to fill up. So, have fun with the test drive and enjoying the new car feeling.

Hey marti, where are you girl, I need my mommy!!!!!!! I am having a bad day and need to vent.
Well, I better go get ready to be dragged to a movie. I just want to stay home and be depressed, but got to keep the man happy.
Hope all the other gals in here are doing ok. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Chow for now
Old 01-17-2004, 01:12 AM   #19  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

ok so preview night was a scary experience...OPENING night was a dream. Only had a couple of things that made us all gasp....lol And I fixed that right as soon as the show was done. Im not sure how it came about but I have myself signed up for HAIR? But that doesn't take place till 2005 and the Director is Joey,,,I worked with him in Ruthless, and totally love him.
Kaycee,,,that is so sad, what kind of a life is this kid going to have if hes already having this type of problems at 6? Have fun with your new vehicles....lol Wild woman that you are!
Jana,,,my first crush was with Nicolas West....OMG he was this tall lanky red headed boy...my heart would literally pound when he was near me. I was 14 yrs old. Before that it was Scott Baio and Leaf Garrett....lol (Blue Lagoon...hubba hubba) Anyways it was only a couple of years later that I found out that Nicolas liked me too...but I was dating someone else and then I moved away....
The show Im doing right now is Jesus Christ Superstar. Ill try and forward a newpaper clipping of it.
Well I need sleep....
I think someone should contact Extreme Makeover about doing a show on us!...lol
night all
Angie
Old 01-17-2004, 01:16 AM   #20  
Give me strength

here is the clipping
http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/n...81186.html&a=1
Old 01-17-2004, 02:19 AM   #21  

Late poster tonight.....

I went to bed last night and intended to read my book for half an hour, I ended up turning out the lights at 1:30!! (had to get up at 6:45) And the only reason I put the book down,,, I got scared! It actually spooked me. I think I was getting too tired by that time. I have major issues of the dark and night time. Being alone frightens me. I hated living up in the hills and then being left alone.

Then after school I did some exercises, had lunch then had to get ready to pick up my daughter, then head over to my sisters house for my neices 1st birthday party. Her birthday is actually the 21st, but they wanted to celebrate it on the weekend. We finally got home around 10:00 and I'm tired!!

Now for my idividuals...

Jana--I've started reading "horror" books back in high school. Then I started reading almost all of Stephan Kings book. I started reading a Dean Koontz book before, but someone took it, and never brought it back. This time, I decided to try and read something of his.. and I can't seem to put it down, even when it gives me the chills.
KINDERGARDEN???? You are a saucy wench aren't ya?! I don't think I ever had crushes way back then, but I do remember teasing boys who liked me. At a young age!! (who taught me to be that way??) I used to make boys chase me around the playground then when they caught me, they would keep kissing me until I ran off again. Boy,,, does that sound strange!!
Glasses? I don't think so. Last check up I was told I have good eyes. My problem the other night was trying to find all the proofreading errors. Some are so minor that you miss it. So I felt like I was straining to find it all. I have another class... Document Formatting... and that involves a lot of proofreading too. What did I get myself into this term?

Kayecee-- Glad to see you back. And oh my lord....that poor little guy. And only in the first grade! It makes you wonder if he would grow up to be one of those "Kip Kinkels" That is frightening. I think you're very brave to tutor this little boy. I know that sounds weird beings that he's only 6or so...but still. Taking two cops to control him?? How does this happen to kids/people? What went on in the beginning of his life that he's so outraged and out of control at the ripe age of 6? I feel for you and I will be thinking of you a lot during your tutoring times.
Going out to drive a new vehicle are ya? Live it up girl!! Take it on the freeway and just take off.....then eventually when the gas is ready to run out...bring it back!

Shanna--Well let me tell you something... I'm glad that you were "dragged" to go the movies tonight. You don't need to be home feeling depressed. Getting out and about should do some good. Plus, that way you can give me some reviews to the movie you went to!! Feel free to call me or e-mail me if you need to yap. I'm here for you girl!! (ok... so I wasn't exactly around earlier, but I had a birthday party to pig out at!) Now talk about depressing... I went overboard on eating. Sheesh!

Angie-- I read your clip and for some reason, I had no idea that you didn't get paid to do this. This is all volunteer? Wow!! All the stress that you go through, I would have thought that you got paid to be ***** at by snotty little actresses!! (oh...that was mean,, my apologies) Hair... that ought to be fun. I've never seen it, but I've heard of it. I think...what's it about again.. I may be thinking of something else......

Cristi--Hope your DS is doing well after surgery. Let us know how he's doing.

Ok.. I must get to bed. I'm really tired.

Night all

Marti
Old 01-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Good morning Ladies,

Kayecee - glad to see you! Hope you get to test drive the Cherokee and that you like it. My van is a candy apple red, and I just love it. I swore I wouldn't drive a van again, and had an SUV, until I got grandkids! Then we needed the space, because sometimes Neal and I take the twins and Katie with us. I know you will be careful around the problem student. I feel so sorry for him that he has such problems - like the others, I wonder what all happened to him that affected him this way. On the other hand, he is old enough to know to knock it off! He needs some serious therapy!

Cristi - hope all is well with your son. Let us know, okay? Btw, I don't have your birthdate, so could you mention it in your next post? Thanks a bunch.

Shanna - what movie did you see and would you recommend it? I'd love your VW bug, and think they are so cute!

Angie - our community theatre group is all volunteer, too. I remember we DID talk about the title before, but you know me! Glad your opening night was great, and I liked the article by Lisa Wilton. Kudos to you!

Marti - I got my first kiss at 14 by the boy who later became my 1st DH. We were sitting in a swing in my parents yard and had been seeing each other for 3 weeks. I thought he would never get around to it, lol. Glad you had a good time at the BD party. We are going to Macy's (Gina's DD) 1st BD party today and are giving her Disney Dollars since Christmas just passed, and she will be getting toys from others. Hope you get some rest this weekend.

I didn't do a darn thing in the kitchen yesterday as I had planned, so today, after the party, I really do have to get busy. And I am making a WW raspberry fluff pie which is delish.

I've got a weird ghost story about alarm clocks that I will share sometime. Maybe we ought to start a new thread just for ghost stories, lol. Just don't read them very late in the day.

BBL,
Jana
Old 01-17-2004, 04:38 PM   #23  
self portrait

Jana: We went to the cheap theatre and saw School of Rock. It was funny and cute. Two days before we went and saw Cold Mountain. LOVED IT, although it was somewhat sad. So, if you like good cry movies, get to see it. My boyfriend was even getting all emotionally about it. One of the many things I love about him. I should post some pictures of my cute little car, it is one of my babies, besides my cats. My boyfriend hates to drive it because he say everyone is staring at him and thinking he is gay or wierd to be driving a Kermit the Frog bug car. I just tell him to stop being a big baby, I don't like to drive all the time when we go places or take trips. It is not like I am making him drive a hot pink convertible or car shaped like breasts or something really girly. HE just thinks VW Beetles are chick cars. Sounds to me like someone is not secure with his masculinity. HEE HEE HEE ;-P

Marti: you are such a nut to like scary books. I have tried reading a couple, like helter skelter and steven King. I just don't feel safe for years afterward. I go to bed and swear that it is moving like something out of the exorist ( SP??) or something. I just cannot read or watch really scary movies. I guess I am easily scared, I just don't have it in me. I am a HUGE fan of Terry Brooks though. I bought a triology book through my mail book club just because it had my name in the title. It was the sword of Shannara, followed by the elfstones of Shannara and the wishsong of Shannara. He apparently has a whole big series. Anyway, who knew that I would buy this on a silly whim and it turn out to be the best books I have ever read. I sent him a letter and he wrote me back, in writing too, not just printed, He also sent me an autographed book mark. I was so touched. Anywho, they are good reads. I am starting to do that with books now. I used to be stuck on the thick romance novels, but I started buying book that were on the Oprah book list and now just buy books if they sounds interesting. No matter what kind they are. I have found some wonderful books that way. Ones that I would not normally have chosen. Anywho, enough of the rambling about books. I guess I am just lonely and bored.

I Hope all the rest of the Ladies are having a great weekend. Later
Old 01-17-2004, 08:55 PM   #24  

Hello hello---

How are you all tonight. I'm taking some time while Jhanai is watching cartoons and eating grapes to make a post.

Went to my grandparents house today since it's been awhile that I visited. Christmas Eve was the last time. (terrible!!) My aunt was there with her two kids. I was telling her about how I was explaining to you all about her being in labor and all and that I had visioned it before it happened. She didn't know that! I thought I told her. Grandma remembered. My aunt looked at me and just smiled saying how neat that was. (wonder why I didn't tell her?!!)

They asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told them nothing. What more do I need? I have my new house, we just had Christmas and I have everything I could ask for. Material things that is. Then James calls me and tells me he got me something.....I'm like what?! I thought we were saving money?!! And he just said "You've got to be kidding." Then I told him that I hoped he didn't spend much....this man buys me things that I have never received in my life.... I got diamond earrings to match my necklace he had bought for Christmas one year. Diamond earrings!!! I honestly do not remember ever receiving diamond anything from my ex for any event. Well, maybe my wedding ring, but that was bought 2 years before I left..... Should have saved my money then!

Oops... I'm rambling.

Jana-- I think you should start a post about Ghost & Bizarre experiences. Make an interesting thread. Jhanai just brought up a subject for me to add to that thread if you start one. I think that story is a bit more scary... but if you start the thread... I will post it.

Shanna---I love reading books. Any kinds. I even like reading some of those racey romance novel every once in awhile. But they really got to get my attention. Helter Skelter, never interested me. Some of my favorites are based on true stories. I love reading about ghosts, WW I & II or just true stories from "Chicken Soup for the soul". A variety that's for sure.
I think you should post some pictures of you....and of the bug.

Hi to everyone else... I better get off this thing and go yap with Jhanai.

Take Care
Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 01-18-2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:25 AM   #25  

Did any of you see this?

http://3fatchicks.com/forum/attachme...chmentid=16512

I was browsing around and found this on the excercise thread! Boy,, let me tell you how that put things in a different light for me. I don't know why... it just did.

Now I truly want to workout more. The muscle just looks so nice and lean!!!
Check it out and let me know what you think.

Marti
Old 01-18-2004, 01:09 AM   #26  
Give me strength

Well what a great day! My mom and family went to see Tanner's play, friends from Red Deer came too, plus an agent. Im sitll waiting word to see if she would be interested in taking Tanner on. There is an audition for Little House on the Prairie here...a remake that is. They will need kids...
So anyways my mom told me it was emitional... I took her to the evening show cause we do have understudies for every matinee... well for some unknown reason the crowd was real attentive and athe engery was flying,....so were the tears...I snuck in the back and watched...had to move away from one area cause the people there were sobbing and I couldn't deal with that. In the end I got pretty emotional too,,,with the lights and music and everything it just seemed so new. Lets see how many times have I see this show...hmmmm 3x a week for 4 months.
It was great....
Well Im off to bed...after a good tear duct cleaning I just want to snooze!...lol
night all
Angie
Old 01-18-2004, 10:53 AM   #27  
GmaTo8

Shanna - Cold Mountain is rumored to be up for an Academy Award. We wanted to see it, but it was gone before we had a chance. Our nearest town has no theater at all and the next nearest has the room to show 8 movies at a time, but it's the only theater around. Anyway, I really like Nicole Kidman's acting - she was superb in Moulin Rouge!

Marti - I'm going to go ahead and say it a day early:

Happy Birthday to You!!!

You are 33 now, right? Or as Kayecee would say, Flirty-three, lol!! James is a big sweetie for giving you diamonds! I hope you have a wonderful day! Btw, the fat and muscle picture was an eye-opener, for sure!

Angie - oh, how touching, about your son! I hope Tanner gets an audition for Little House. He may someday be a really big star and we can say we knew him when!

Neal and Katie are fixing dinner today - salad, spaghetti and hot bread. I just love it when I get out of cooking Sunday dinner! I am getting so lazy about that, and would rather curl up with the paper or the 'puter.

Gotta run, be good,
Jana
Old 01-18-2004, 10:58 AM   #28  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Good morning people! Well, the cherry bomb jeep's interior sucked big time! It had all that fake wood paneling stuff and I just kept thinking of those old station wagons! (My apologies to anyone who has that in their car! ) I just hated station wagons for some reason when I was growing up and swore that I would never get one. Anyway, I am looking at a beautiful green Maxima with a moon roof and everything. Who knows? I may keep my Jeep. I think I'm sick of looking. LOL

As for the boy, he was taken to see TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE!!! And he is allowed to watch anything violent or full of sex. That is one big part of the problem. *sigh*

Well, gotta go hop in the shower. (Don't wanna turn into Marti! ) See y'all later. BTW Angie- I was gonna MARRY Scott Baio!!! And Leif Garret was a singer. I think Christopher Atkins was the guy in Blue Lagoon. (And I agree- hubba, hubba) LOL

Cristi- How's DS?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #29  

Hey Jana!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:57 PM   #30  

Quickly posting today.....

Jhanai is sick.. had a fever last night and I stayed up to keep checking in on her!! My poor baby! She's doing much better today. Her request for lunch today...peas. So that's what she had.

Angie--I loved little house on the Prairie.. As a kid, I read all the books, then I read the book about Laura Ingalls Wilder. To actually put a face to the person the book is about. Nothing that I imagine of coarse, I usually just pictured the TV show. I wish I still had all my books, my parents got rid of them after I moved out of the house way back in the day! I hope Tanner gets a part!!

Jana--Thank you for the Birthday greetings!! I think flirty-three sounds much better than thirty three!!

Kayecee--So what's wrong with Station Wagons?? Not into the "retro" look? I used to want an old Chevy wagon...there was one that was a early 60's or late 50's model...(I don't know my years well, so I could be way off!) But I had it in my head to buy one someday and have it "cherried" out! I have since then informed James that if we ever hit it big...he can buy me a '55-'58 Thunderbird. What ever year he can find one!! Beautiful cars. I will get one before I retire.

Scott Baio? Leif Garret? I alway saw Scott Baio as Chachi(Joanie man!!) and Leif Garret...needed to lay off the drugs!! Now,,,,Mr. Sean Connery...he's a handsome man...even to this day!!

Shanna--Your man....tears?? How wonderful is that?! You can see tears in James' eyes when he watches "Animal Cops" or anything that has to do with animals being hurt. He loves animals. I swear, when we lived up in the hills in Creswell,,, our cats would wound all kinds of animals. And James would bring it to the back porch and try to nurse them back. We've had...a rabbit...mole...a snake...a ground squirrel...a bird (or two) and itty bitty mouse/mole, what ever it was. I think he even found a tree frog once. That man can spot things in the road too! We were driving around and he saw something....(I couldn't see a darn thing) then as we got closer, I finally saw what he was looking at... a turtle! He took it home....and said that he was going to take it to the nearby pond. And he did. We had found it no where near water...it could have been a pet for all I know, but it wasn't near homes either. My man to save the day!! **sigh**

Ok...I'm getting all crampy and I need to go rest. Hope you're all having a great weekend!!

This wasn't as quick as I had anticipated!!
Take Care
Marti
Closed Thread