Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 05:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

My dinner was sooooo great! I just have to post the recipe!! I WILL be making this again soon!

Slow-Cooker Meat Loaf with Shiitake Mushrooms

Because no evaporation takes place, the crockpot makes an especially moist and tender meat loaf. The mushrooms add moisture as well.

2 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
3/4 pound ground round
3/4 pound ground turkey
1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup grated fresh onion
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper

Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 1 1/3 cups. Combine the crumbs, beef, and next 7 ingredients (beef through garlic) in a large bowl, and shape meat mixture into a 9 x 6-inch loaf. Place loaf in an electric slow cooker.

Combine ketchup, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a fork. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over top of loaf. Cover with lid; cook on LOW for 5 hours.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 4 ounces)

NUTRITION PER SERVING 6 pts per serving
CALORIES 265 (43% from fat); FAT 12.7g (sat 4.2g, mono 5.1g, poly 1.7g); PROTEIN 25.2g; CARB 12.7g; FIBER 1.9g; CHOL 152mg; IRON 3mg; SODIUM 545mg; CALC 41mg;
Old 01-13-2004, 09:03 PM   #32  
2BoysMom

Good evening everyone.

Oh, Andrea .. I'm so sorry about the hernia. I can't imagine having to go through surgery ... Will did have stitches in his forhead when he was about 1 1/2. It's tough but they do recover so quickly.

Spryng, too funny that Tanner's first word was Bubba
Tony's still not crawling yet. We went to Walgreens and I had to hold him up with one hand while I pushed the cart!!

Candy, sorry you couldn't chat. It's fun. Maybe we'll see you there tomorrow.

Just finished 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm sweaty & feeling great. Probably won't get on here anymore tonight. Gotta put the kiddies to bed & Dh has some work to do for tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else. Hope to address you all more personally soon!! Have a great night.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Wow, where has everyone been lately? Ginny? Jackie?
Geri, good for you for getting on that treadmill. I'm really looking into buying one soon. I'll just have to make room for it in my living room. (it's tiny) I have plenty of space in my bedroom but I know if I put it in there I'll never get on it. Plus Tanner still sleeps in my room.
What is everyone having for dinner? I guess I'm doing the Morningstar burgers and fries tonight. but that depends because I'm getting to see DH today!!! He has a load that takes him by the house so he will stop in for lunch later. So I may use some of my pts at lunch with him and then have a small dinner. We'll see. I'm happy to be able to see him but it will be hard on the kids to only get him for a couple of hours and then he has to leave again. But a couple of hours is better than none right?
Well, I need to get cracken on this house. I've put it off way too long. TTYL!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:18 AM   #34  
burned out bus driver

Started a new thread......see you there!
Ginny
Closed Thread