Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 12:58 PM   #16  

Hello My Fellow Fighting Friends,

I continue to win battles, but never the war. I regained every ounce I took off. I am ashamed. It is all too familiar territory for me. Winning battles - but never the war. I decided to do it AGAIN - hopefully for good when 2004 hit, then a welcome and timely note from Sue brought me back to this site. This time, for good. It is wonderful to be sharing with you. I hope I can be an inspiration and friend as we reach our goals TOGETHER and take off these fat suits once and for all.

I began my low-carbing today. Exercise will also be a daily part of the routine. I have the tools, but USING them is key. I will not make this first entry lenghty. I just wanted to say hello. I am here - with you - for you- for US! Let's do it! What great words for this thread. A fresh start. I need it. THANK YOU!
Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 AM   #17  
Work in Progress

DANA I HAVE MISSED YOU MY DEAR FRIEND!!!! HUGS!!!!!
I am so glad to see you have returned to the bus! I think we can all identify that we put some # back on. There is a quit smoking commercial that says something about the other times you have tried to quit. Just to think of them as practice.

Lets take what we have learned and make it work this time.

Oh the bus is filling up
Old 01-21-2004, 05:04 AM   #18  
Work in Progress

well I had another good day yesterday. still able to stay focused. wITH my eyes on the prize. How are the rest of you doing?
Old 01-22-2004, 05:51 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

ALright ladies , I am talking to myself again!
Lots of stress at work. But managed Not to eat the pasta I was craving. But I better start reading some labels. Wondering why teh scale isn't moving. Denial is a great thing.
Things are getting easier each day that goes by.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:12 PM   #20  

I'm Here!

Went to the doctors today. Got on the SCALE Drum roll for my ROLLS!....269. There - I said it ---I typed it--- 269. I am 5'9" tall. That means I need to lose about 75 pounds for a realistic goal. I am wearing size 20 jeans. Size 14 jeans would be fine with me. 180 pounds would be lovely! I looked GOOD last time I weighed 180. We had a long talk and- nothing new------ eat smaller portions and MOVE! He is referring me to a foot doctor for horrid pain in my heel. (Spurs and tendon problem) That will make exercise hard at first. But, I will MOVE!!! I also need to go see a gastro guy for reflux problem. AND---- some routine bloodwork. I think I should be okee dokeeee! I have avoided a physical due to the excess tonnage. BUT - I faced the scary monster (SCALE) and the doctor. Now, it is up to ME!

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:38 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

Hey Dana
Lets talk about heel spurs! I have the one that can't get the cortisone shot. I am wearing a very sexy brace at night and sneakers daily at work. I can only use the exercise bike as walking just aggravates the spur! I do hope you have a "regular one" So you can take the shot. The pain as you know is excrucaiting AT times.

But on to our wieght. Yes facing the scale is such a challenge. But we can do it! We did it before. I am avoiding taking my measurements. Because I lost so many inches before. I can't tell you how happy I am to be back in touch with you!

Have a great weekend. good luck with the spur!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:23 AM   #22  
Work in Progress

Good morning all
Well yesterday wasn't too good, poor p[lanning again!
Did some time on teh bike though which is good. My but it is cold here. -22 this morning.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-25-2004, 01:58 AM   #23  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Well...HELLO Ladies!

Welcome back Dana! I believe you were not active on the thread when I happened to stumble across this thread.

You know what! I AM SICK AND TIRED! That is right...I am sick and tired of hearing myself saying another day down the drain! (WARNING: KINA is about to kick herself in @ss!) Why? Why is it that another day has passed without me doing anything about this. I am disgusted in the way that I look and I am disgusted in the way that my clothes feel. So why haven't I done anything about it? I keep saying TOMORROW...well tomorrow never comes. The only thing that seems to come without a problem are excuses.

I see the rest of you are making a valiant effort. I feel that my pitiful postings are bringing down the morale on the board. I am jumping on the wagon...one day at a time. I am going to make the best of what has been given to me and make it count. Nothing will be handed to me I have to make it happen! Tomorrow I am going to post and everyday after. It may be a challenge to post daily, with school and all, but if it is going to make me accountable then that is what it will take.

I am glad that you ladies are here to lean on. Tomorrow feels like such a bad word right now. So I just won't say that word...I will just make it happen.

Thanks for listening and allowing me to vent.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 01-25-2004, 06:44 AM   #24  
Work in Progress

Well.... I guess your ready to make some changes!
Please don't feel that you are bringing anyone down. That is the time you need to be posting. If we let what we perceive as failures keep us from the help and support we need we're just hurting ourselves. Yes those days that we don't work on things can pile up. Let's just worry about today!

Hey Sue and Dana how are thinsg going?

Hey Lurkers anyone is welcome.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #25  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

DANA!!!

KINA!!!!

I had hoped and prayed that both of you would find your way back to us. Dana I thought many times of you and when my other computer totally crashed I was so afraid that I would not find your email addy again. But guess what???

I too gained everything back and again in to the wonderful size of not fitting into my 22 (which means 24's) Kina I feel the same. Like a big fat suit has lowered on my body and injected itself under my skin. the worst part was watching the fat creep back into my face and arms. (I could just watch weekly it growing)

The bus is starting to roll!! Girls I am ready I have been OP since the first of the year except for the wonderful day of the cubscout pinewood derby where I had a piece of cake and added frosting and that is all the bad stuff I have had!! WHOOOO

I will be glad to say that the whoosh fairy has visited and whoosh I am down almost 13 lbs since the beginning of the year!!

I have not veered near the gym as I am sufferering from an upper respiratory I doubt it is pneumonia but I sure feel worn out and coughing like a sick dog. So it will be a while before I do any thing like that. but slow and steady will win the race.

Hey Dana did you go onl your cruise???? Did you have a great time???

Now is not the time for self incrimination. We all have had our setbacks and we all will suffer them again. the point is that we are here and will be here for each other.

Oh by the way the reason for my long absence is again computer problems --- the modem was not working properly and it was a simple thing of unplugging it and starting it all over. but in the mean time I got spyware stuff and have scanned the computer and found over 300 processes running. What a mess!!!

OK I will step down. (hey what do you girls think?? should I get my buesiness up and running again??? Low carb is really getting popular!!)

Now just to find Lee and Pam and HHHMMM was that Terri??? I think I may have thier email addy some ;place too!! HEE HEE I even thing I have Boo's too!! gosh am I sneaky!!!

Last edited by nasus40; 01-25-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:07 PM   #26  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Hi guys! I just found you as I had been hanging out at the Low Carb board and found this one under Misc. Groups.

I started Atkins last year and lost 22 lbs. right away. Then for some unexplained reason I went off and gained it plus about 10 lbs. more. Made it all the way up to 264 at 5'9" I decided 300 would probably be the next stopping off place and I don't want to go there because at this weight I feel hopeless at times. If I ever got to 300 I would probably give up. Not criticizing anyone who is there as I know how stinking easy it is to gain. I need to be in a group that will hold me accountable for my daily actions and kick my *ss when needed but also sympathize when needed. I, like, Kina have said enough, enough excuses, enough overeating, enough not exercising at the gym, ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH ALREADY!!! It is time to get my #*&! together and stop destroying myself for some unknown reason.

I have been fighting a respiratory infection all week this week but am feeling a little better today. Hoping to get back to the gym this week for sure. Dr. wants me to do a treadmill test and I can't even do that cuz I can't breathe very well. He doesn't really believe there is anything wrong with my heart but wants the test to be sure and he believes it is insulin related. Pre-diabetic is what he called it.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #27  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry

Thanks Ladies, I have started out strong this morning or should I say this afternoon. I stayed up late playing games on Yahoo...so I woke up late. I will be having a late lunch in a while. Unfortunately, I hadn't decided to take a stance on Locarbing until after I had bought the groceries for the week...so this week will be dull and a lot of improvising. We had bought a large submarine sandwich yesterday for lunch today. So that way I wouldn't have to be disturbed while doing homework. But now that I have made better decisions I have to take a route untraveled and improvise my lunch. I don't feel like cooking for myself so I think I will take out the leftovers of chicken and rice and just take out the rice and just eat the chicken. Unfortunately I don't have any diet coke in the fridge...or maybe that is a good thing for now. I do have lots of Crystal Light in the pantry.

So far so good. I think that today is going to be a really good day.

Sue~~~WOW! 13 lbs! You are truly a inspiration at this very important time in my life. So if I follow plan for 3 weeks I can also be 13 lbs lighter. You will be my affirmation...thank you Sue.

Well I am off to get that chicken before I get hungry. Talk to you ladies later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 01-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #28  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sue too!! Welcome we are always glad to see new gals. Not many find their way down here. and well we are a nice group. personal and cozy a nice place to roost!!

Welcome to this hen house. I too go up to the low carb forum. But this too is home for me. I know the feeling of not having any breath when doing the treadmill I started that way too. then I got to run 4 miles before I went by the way side and now again I huff and puff on one flight of stairs!! Low carb is the way to go with prediabetics. you will never realize after the first few weeks how great you feel. and as for stalling after the first few weeks we can work on that!!! I am a pro at that but i just need support to get my rear in gear!!! so hang in there!!!

Kina I too handle my food by the seat of my pants. Not the right way to do it. but the cookies are out of the house and so is the bread. So I guess i am not doing to bad. Just plenty of tuna and eggs for the main staple!!

Well I have tons of things still to do!!!Catch you all later

PS I did find Boo's Pam's and Lee's Email addy and did write to them lets see if they find their way back home!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 10:35 PM   #29  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

If it is easier you guys can call me Bunna (name of my favorite doggie who passed away five years ago.)
Old 01-26-2004, 05:33 AM   #30  
Work in Progress

Well my goodness! Don't check in all day and look what happens!
I can't tell you how much I need this motivation! Had a poor weekend. UGH!
Sue 13 #'s? OP since the first? You are the first OP Goddess of teh new year!

Take care of that URI If it's any thing like what we have going around here, if it's not pnuemonia it could easily be/

Bunna Welcome, we always have room for one more!

Dana, now that you are back, I hope you are lurking, worried that we will lose you again>How did it go at the MD's?

Kina, the shopping takes so much thinking at first, And I know for me to be successful I can't have it in the house!

OK girls I am stating and shooting for a OP week. ANd for some movement on teh scale! Will have alot of fluid to lose.
Closed Thread