Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 11:59 AM   #76  

Hello All,
I always hate going back to school/work after long weekends. Oh well. Usually durring the week I am much more in gere and can get to the gym and eat better, which I have NOT been doing lately.
Anwyay, instead of "scuzin" feel free to call me Susan which is my proper name. "scuzin" was a nickname from high school that seemed to work as a user name.
Hope all are well.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #77  

Glad to see you here Angie. I know you are busy right now though.

I don't think the school's in my town are that big but I am close to New Orleans and they have tons of school. I think they are all pretty big too. I think I graduated with 175 people. Not really that big.

I don't think I know what a Wolf spider looks like. I do come across a spider every now and then. I think the lizards outside keep them in check. Plus, my shoe keeps them in check.

I hope you pop in more today. I know Julie and I are getting lonely in here all by ourselves.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:02 PM   #78  

Hey Susan you where posting at the same time as me. Do you live close to the coast in Oregon? I used to live in WA when I was little. I really don't remember much of it though I just listen to what my mom tells me about up there. I don;t think she really liked the weather to much.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:10 PM   #79  

Hi Kemp,

I don't live too far from the coast, about an hours drive from my campus. Actually I was there yesterday! We were very lucky and had gorgious weather.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #80  

Good Afternoon Girls

Angie you have so many exciting things going on right now. When you say open a front, does that mean your own business? I think my graduating class had close to around 340 people? I can't remember the exact number though. How do your parents and your in-laws feel about you moving? I hope they are being supportive. Great job staying OP. You are lucky about the fast food being so far away. We have a Mcdonalds, Hardees, and Pizza Hut all within 2 miles. Not to mention an excellent place for frozen custard!

Kempy I will have to check that site out. Last week was full of emotional eating with pms. But that is gone but I guess I was just out of control last night. You are right forget about yesterday and move on. My husband are I are getting along but we have some rough spots to work through so that is on my mind. I am just trying to have a positive attitude and work through my fears and do the best I can.

Susan don't worry just forget about the past like Kempy said and work on today. Its nice to know their is always a fresh new day to start over and get down and work on being healthy.

Hello to HI girls. Hopefully that surf calmed down and you guys are enjoying the beautiful sunshine. Julie
Old 01-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #81  

Btw did anyone watch American Idol last night? I thought it was so funny. That scooter girl was something else but she did have a good voice. I wish Paula and Simon would just admit their love and get together. I think Simon is good looking !!!! I loved last years finale when Paula and Simon were having dinner and started kissing, I thought it was Real! I was so mad when it was a joke. Okay I am rambling now and I gotta go! Bye Julie
Old 01-20-2004, 02:39 PM   #82  

I watched some of it Julie. I mainly saw the fiance one and then I switched over to Average Joe. I just love that show for some reason. I am always voting for the little guy, maybe that is why I like it so much.

I know when Joe and I have a problem I make him sit down and talk to me. It usually takes him a little while to start letting it out but it does come and once it is over we are fine again. I learn from a therapist that when you talk with someone you should never say things like you do this, and you do that. That makes the person go on the defensive. When I get upset I tell Joe things like when you do this is makes me feel..... I know that may sound stupid but it really does work. I think that is why we have such a good relationship.

Noelle I talk with someone at the post office and they said your package should have been there by now. If it still isn't there I should just wait for it to get returned to me. They said that if there ins't anything wrong with the address they would resend it for me. Kind of a bummer since I wanted you to have it around Christmas. Maybe we can just think of it as a Mardi Gras gift.

I just read in the paper that a guy I grew up with's brother just died. I have no idea why. He was only 31 too. I havn't thought about that guy in years and it seemed really weird to see his picture in the obituaries.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:10 PM   #83  

Kempy I like that show Average Joe too. I always want the "fat" guy to win or the shy nice one. The one with no hair, he was born with no sweat glands? They did self portraits of each other seems sweet from the parts of the shows I saw. You are totally right about the way you talk to a person. It can either bring you closer or push that person away. I am so happy for you and your husband. It is not often I hear of couples having a great realtionship. You guys must make a great match .
I know what it feels like to be a child of divorce and it is no fun at all. That is the last thing I would ever want for children.

Well everyone have a wonderful afternoon, I am trying to think of something to make for supper? Bye for now Julie
Old 01-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #84  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hello all.

Susan, I am usually the same way as you. I have such a hard time on Saturday because that is my day off and I am usually on the move and dont want to cook. There really should be an easier way to lose weight and not feel like so much work.

Julie, Yeah I am going to open a bakery front with a showcase and everything. Right now we just cook everything here and wrap it and Jay takes it around and sells it to the stores. I am not sure how much our families know for sure. I really think they just think we are dreaming so they are humoring us until it actually happens and then I am sure we will hear it. I know my parents will never come visit me after we move, even if I paid for the tickets. But what can I do? I cant stay here and lose my *** and have no future. Plus I would like to be able to send my kids to college if they choose to go but I know here I cant send them to the store. haha

Kempy, Arent the lizards cute? I loved seeing them in Florida. Alicia is a lizard freak so she had so much fun playing with them. I think that is why she wants to move so she can have a pet one. I made the mistake of looking on an exterminators webpage last night and almost died when I saw the spiders. EEEK!!!! I think I can handle them since the old house we used to have had a ton of HUGE wood spiders inside. That is where my scaredness came from actually. They would chase me. They were so big. I have never seen spiders so big and so many, like at least one a day. I used to spray Raid around my bed on the floor and sleep with sweatpants on during the summer because I was so afraid oner would get into my bedroom.

Tomorrow I should know for sure how much to sell the business for. We are thinking this We have a 1999 28 x 52 house with 3 bedrooms,2bathrooms(Whirlpool in the master) Plus a fireplace and walk in closets. It comes with the dishwasher,stove,fridge,washer and dryer. plus a 35 foot wraparound deck going around a 27 foot pool with a 20x20 heated workshop with plumbing and water. With a 3/4 acre fenced in yard and landscaping. We should be able to get $95,000.00 for that but if we add in the equipment and our business name and training and accounts we should be able to sell it for $30,000.00 or more extra. I hope. If not then I will just take my equipment with me but it would be nice to be able to sell the name and get a few extra thousand dollars for the bank.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #85  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. Sorry to be out of the loop for so long. It was a busy long weekend for me and I'm sort of happy to be back in the office back to routine. Michael had a blast at his 5th b-day party. The handful of kids we invited from his class came and celebrated with us as well as his cousins, friends and neighbors...best of all, only ONE small take-out box of cake was left and few slices of pizza--last year there were 3 boxes of cake and 2 boxes of pizza. Michael ate the pizza leftovers for dinner, and well...I admit to eating the cake myself over the past 2 days--I definitely didn't deserve that. There's someting about that darn chocolate cake with buttercream frosting from Sam's that I just can't stay away from. I swear as long as it's in the house, I will eat it. OK so I'm not doing so good OP right now, but I am still exercising. Now that this b-day is over with, I can concentrate on losing again.

Angie, your possible move is exciting! Great job on staying OP too--that's something that alot of us can't say we've been lately . Full speed ahead girl!

Julie, the surf's died down a little but now we've got more rain for the rest of the week. It feels yucky and muggy right now and I can't wait for the clouds to blow away.

Kempy, I honestly don't know what or where that package went??? I'll go home at lunch and check to mail again, maybe it'll turn up today? Mardi gras~~another reason to party!!! One of our neighbor's (a 25 y.o. "kid") died in a single-car accident last week Thursday while working. He drove a tow-truck and jumped a curb, then a light-post fell on the truck. The newspapers are reporting that he may have had a medical condition or something...I say it was "lead foot" (OK, sorry, bad joke). It's always a little disconcerting when someone so young or near your own age passes away.

Cal, you're funny...I don't have many tomatoes on hand but I do have a tree full of papayas. You can make tropical drinks to go with your salad. So how cold does it have to get before you turn that heater on?

Hey Susan, I hear ya girl. Getting back in gear is always tough after vacations, long weekends, or just plain old normal weekends. We can do it though, together.

Hello to Jacks and eveyrone else, gotta run for now
Old 01-20-2004, 04:01 PM   #86  
so close, yet so far...

Angie we were posting at the same time...if you were selling your house in Hawaii on that sized lot, you'd probably get away with selling it for no less than $400K...and that's probably a conservative estimate.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:37 PM   #87  
Almost There!!!

Aloha Ladies!

After a week of ****...I'm back and in full effect. So sorry I hadn't the time last week to post anything. Life has been real tough. Work and life is taking a toll on me - as is with everyone!!!

I did go to the bridal expo this past Saturday and getting more and more excited as the days come closer. Giving more motivation than ever to lose this weight that has fused on to my body!!! I did join this basic training/fitness thing that trains you for marathons, which has also taken up most of my time. I'm obsessing on getting back in shape and losing this weight. I'm practically the last person in everytime we do drills and runs! How pathetic is that??? - and I'm the youngest one in the group

Anyhoo...Looks like everyone has been busy as heck. Haven't been able to catch up on what ya'll have been doing but I do hope that everyone is doing well. I'd love to be in on that weigh in but I threw my old scale away. I'm going to try and buy a new one today...if the bank account allows.

Well - I gotta run again...now to a meeting at the Gov's office...whoo hoo...lotsa fun! I'll catch up with all of you later - HAVE A WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL REST OF THE DAY...even though it's raining like heck here (what's up with the weather Noelle????)

Old 01-21-2004, 08:14 AM   #88  

Hey guys, I had to come in an hour early this morning since the boss is out of town. The girl that was at the front had to go teach a class so I needed to be here to cover the front. It wasn't hard for me at first but now I am starting to miss that hour of sleep that I lost. The good thing is that someone comes in at 3:45 to releave me.

I went to my weigh in yesterday and I lost 3 lbs. I am not really certain if it was just water from me starting but at least it is a loss. I went home and got on my scale to see what the difference is and mine is only .5 lbs behind. I was glad that it wasn't something like 5 lbs off. I would have been really upset then.

Jacks good to see you. When is you big day again?

Noelle any luck with the package yet?

Angie how are you feeling today?

Julie, Cal and Susan what's going on in you parts of the world?
Old 01-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #89  
so close, yet so far...

Default is it Mardi Gras yet?

Kempy, the package has arrived!!! and it only took 30 days hehe ...good 'ole US postal service. Thanks for the hot sauce(s) and the beignet mix--I actually got to visit the Cafe du Monde when I was in New Orleans, can't wait to fry 'em up . That was cute, reusing Angie's box . How's your day going along so far? Congrats on the 3 lbs lost~~you must feel great.

Hey Jacks, have you picked out your dress yet? I'm getting excited for you : . I offered to take my sister to the Bridal Expo on Friday night but she declined...she's not in a rush to get married I guess--you would think 2 kids and 11 years would make someone tie the knot eh? We went to see the Tribute to the Beatles Honolulu Symphony Pops orchestra instead. That was one good show.

Well, I've got mucho paperwork on my desk and I must get started. I'll be back later. Hello to everyone else
Old 01-21-2004, 02:32 PM   #90  

Thank goodness it finally got there. I was begining to think I was going to have to get replacements. I love beignets. I try to stay away from that place. As you can probably guess neither Angie nor myself won the trip to HI. I guess we will just have to start saving so that we can head out there. And to think I logged onto that site every day.

I am just sitting here at work waiting for something to do. I got all of my homework done yesterday so I am trying to find site on the internet that are interesting. You would thinkwhen the boss is gone I would be able to find fun things to do but it just isn't working out that way.

Where is everyone today?
Closed Thread