Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 02:40 PM   #76  
fatter than U

Talking Sorry, Wabby!

Just couldn't help it!

Hold my calls. It's 8:40 p.m. and I'm off to bed. Soooo tired. June was right. I have to start getting more sleep.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:17 PM   #77  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

what are you people incinerating?????
Old 10-07-2003, 10:56 PM   #78  
Most boring housewife.

Wabby Darling, we are SISTERS....not like that other sister I have.
We know what it is like hear praised heaped upon the adored alcoholic/drug addict siblings while we toil away being the Cinderellas of our families. Of course, once parents are sick, all that changes, because siblings are too drunk or self-absorbed with sobriety to worry about anyone else. The compulsive eating doesn't change...just the reason for it.
I'm just checking in while my checking account is loading so I can see if I'm overdrawn. What do we do about compulsive spending?
When is menopause ever going to end? I am still waiting.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:05 AM   #79  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down dysfunction junction

Oh Wabby, my family put the FUN in dysFUNctional!

Life is just one big game with them...here's how you play:

You must drink, A LOT. Every occasion merits a drink, or twelve...holidays, birthdays, painting the front door, waking up...

If you don't drink, you automatically lose popularity points...

If you're a female...a few more points are lost (these can however, be made up by drinking.)

If you ever dared to "talk back" to your parents, way back in your teenage years (mid 70's) you are still referred to as the "bad one" of the bunch...never mind the brother who had a pot farm growing in the woods, the brother who was arrested for trespassing, the brother who knocked up his girlfriend when they were both seniors in HS, eventually had 7 children with her and then left her and them for someone he was screwing around with at work...

but i digress...

I think that any predisposition that I may have had towards alcoholism got switched to compulsive overeating when I stopped drinking recreationally...a long long time ago...when dh came on the scene, who by the way, is not high on the favorites list on the old homestead. I think they see themselves through his eyes when he's around, and don't like what they see...I do manage to drink only socially...which is once in a blue moon...

Unfortunately, I have to eat everyday...whcih means there has to be food in the house...it would be so much easier if I just could go out for each meal...no cooking, no clean up, no seconds...

looks like my time is up...time to take the boy to school...
Old 10-08-2003, 10:37 PM   #80  
a work in progress...

uh...I didn't mean to bring this thread to a screeching halt...

carry on...
Old 10-09-2003, 02:10 AM   #81  

Default New Temptation

Katrina/Wabby and others...
So shall we play the "my family was even stranger/more twisted than your family game"?

I was the only child.... I don't know if my parents would have preferred the druggies/preggers/malcontents more than me or not. I'd have preferred my parents not be the ones drinking. (But I've been able to make martinis, manhattans and old fashioneds since I was 7.... (couldn't reach the ice cube trays before that.))

But given the current state of the news and child protective services reports, I consider myself fortunate that I wasn't molested or beaten.... even if the twisted mind-bending took a long time to un-do. I discovered the comfort of oreos, wheat thins and ice cream before I ever dreamed of anything stronger than a Shirley Temple. Funny thing is, oreos never let me down, either. They just started me down this wide, wide road.

But an excuse is not a reason. I will talk the talk and walk the walk and do the best I can to stay in touch with reality... including my weight and waist measurement.

Happy Thursday, all.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #82  
loves kleenex box art

katrina, you didn't stop the thread. these cows just get quiet sometimes .. like Thursdays .. my day off .. except today I'm subbing the in the art class.

Painty, I'm an only child too if you don't count my sister and why would you?
Old 10-09-2003, 08:04 AM   #83  
Most boring housewife.

I'm Wabby and Katrina's sister now. After our difficult upbringing, why would you reject me?
I am not going to go into the childhood thing. I just hope I do better by my kids. All I'll say is that MY story ends( I left my home town after this) with someone rigging the tailpipe of my car so that the exhaust would go to the interior.
I'm still working..it's killing me. My house is dirty beyond my low standards....I'm tired. I think I was created for the life of a housewife.
Now I'm going to be late. bye
Old 10-09-2003, 04:01 PM   #84  
loves kleenex box art

I never realized you knew about that.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:30 PM   #85  

Oh geez, cows, sorry I got everybody going... I'm not using my family of origin as an excuse for eating. Lots of ppl have much worse stories. I was just saying I don't need to figure out what the emotional eating is about because I already know. Whacky ppl in my life. Now that I'm an adult, it's my responsibility to limit my time w/ those ppl, and not use it as a reason to compulsively eat. Even so, thanks for the shoulder, cows.

Lush, my dear, you were meant for a life of leisure, as I was. The housewife gig is hard enough, but this working outside the home and housewifery is just too much. And then Painty tells us we're supposed to be s*x kittens too.

Katrina, you didn't stop the thread, we just wind down once in awhile. Stick around and we'll wind up again.

Lush, what's the rest of the story? And how are you celebrating the holidays? We're seriously thinking of doing our very own little Thanksgiving with only immediate family and a few good friends. Either that or we can all go out to dinner, but how depressing is that? Maybe we could all go to Bagzie's for dinner, even though those Canadian's are all mixed up on the date. She has such festive displays, I'm sure her dinner would be yummy.

Last edited by Wabby; 10-09-2003 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:47 AM   #86  
Most boring housewife.

Oh Wabby, you started an interesting conversation. You are our most successful looser, so you are allowed to bring these things up.
I think it is all point of view. My best friend from grade school and high school says she had such a happy childhood, but it didn't look that great to me. She's just one of those positive people. I think Tolstoy was wrong, unhappy families are unhappy in the same way. Happy families are all different.
I'm off today. I have to clean the tip. Should I make my lists here or at a cleaning thread? I'm allowing input into the decision.
L
Old 10-10-2003, 07:43 AM   #87  
loves kleenex box art

I think it's denial, not point-of-view, Lushlard. I once told a friend a story about my mom's schizophrenia. This friend listened all the way very quietly then said "I'm glad my mom's normal." Later I found out that her mom let the 17-year-old son bring older women home and have sex with them while she watched through the keyhole.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:19 AM   #88  
Most boring housewife.

eeeeeeuuuuuuhhhhhhhh.

You did not state a preference on my list.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:51 AM   #89  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

put the list here. do it now. do it instead of clean.
Closed Thread