Old 08-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing happening except the weather is a little cooler this week. Hot again tomorrow though.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #17  

Where did Gma22 go?
dianabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:20 PM   #18  

Good Evening! It's beginning to warm up again and the humidity is on the rise. We had a few days without the air on and sliding doors open. Even had another 1/4" of rain last night. Our crops are looking so good right now. It is still hazy from the fires. Between the fires and upswing in the virus again we are rethinking the MT trip. That's ok with me since I haven't found someone to "shoot" Ernie. Not much going on here except two houses across the street are getting new roofs. A house up the street and on the lake is adding on what looks like another half of the house. They are a young family and grandpa owns a door/cupboard/counter factory. They've had side dump trucks and lots of construction vehicles taking up street space for a few days. There are so many younger kids on bikes and skate boards I'm surprised someone hasn't gotten hurt or run over. They expect cars to look out for them.

Ceejay, I think bow ties may be coming back in style. One of the tv newscasters wears one occasionally. A lady from our church asked for regular ties and she made a beautiful quilt. Bob is always buying ties and gave her a bunch. I hope your nephew does better this time. Rules and regs sound like a good plan.

Diananbee, Gma22 had someone “watching” her here so doesn’t post anymore. She is on FB once in awhile.

Have a nice evening and enjoy. We’ve been watching a lot of the evening Olympics.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #19  

Thank you Jean. I miss hearing of her knitting and cruising!
dianabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! It's hot and humid again today. The air is still on, I don't know how we ever lived without it but I do remember our first window air conditioner when I was a kid. That was a very long time ago. We are heading to Sioux City for supper with Beth and family. Maddy turns 18 on Wednesday and Bob will be hauling tractors, for a friend, to a threshermans show. It is held every year featuring certain brands of tractors. Anyone wanting to display a tractor is welcome to come. They have old time machinery to demonstrate, home made food and treats, quilts and items hand made. It was cancelled last year due to COVID so area people are really looking forward to it.
Church counting didn't take much time this morning but I was interrupted by the doorbell to let people in for the ESL camp. The gift shop was closed on Friday and again today so won't have money to count until Friday. I was a little irritated no one let me know and I went both days. It's a good thing I can park by the door to run in and out since the parking lot is a hike. I got my new laptop this afternoon and it is smaller than my old one. It will take some getting used to as things are located differently. I went to the dealer and he did all the setting up for me. I thanked him several times and he just said he thought it would be easier for me if he did it rather than me trying to do it on my own. How right he was! I'm sure he realized how challenged I would be and probably return with a messed up laptop for him to fix.

I need to get a move on and change clothes. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 08-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #21  

Morning
We kept nephew A's 3 kids and him this past week end. They were so happy to see him and he them. The boys played on the devices till it made me nervous. and the almost two year old was into everything. But isn't that what they do. It made me tired.
Going to get out and try to finish the lawnmowing. It's hot with humidity but I will take frequent breaks.
Talked to my doctor yesterday about my newly diagnosis of copd. My inhaler is working but I still get shortness of breath when I walk. He thinks my airways are tightening up so he prescribed a rescue inhale for me. Think I will use the inhaler before I walk.
My friend is on this conspiracy theory kick and tomorrow the Emergency Broadcasting System is going to run a test that will affect every one. but not for as long as she thinks. I may be surprised.

Jean
Happy birthday to your grand daughter. And I bet you will get used to the new computer. I need one but not going to do it anytime soon. Need to do some things on the house first.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:44 PM   #22  

Good Evening! More humidity than hot today and very foggy this morning. The green gunk continues to grow and move from place to place on the lake, stinks too. I was Mrs. Clean this morning and accomplished more than I thought when I got a text about lunch bunch at the time I was supposed to be there! I was so focused on wishing Maddy a happy birthday first thing this morning and getting Bob out the door that I never looked at the calendar. Fortunately I was dressed and had makeup on with hair combed so could grab my purse and go. Of course I got behind a tourist gawking at the lake then every stoplight was red on the way. But twelve minutes later I was there. When I got home later I worked on the afghan for awhile. I can only do three rows which is actually six, because they are double, until my fingers start to cramp. I should never have made it so wide so may change that to be the length.

Ceejay, kids do give you an different perspective when you are not used to having them around full time. I’m glad they got to spend time with their dad too. I must not have the emergency alert on my phone since I didn’t get it. Bob heard it on the radio but we didn’t get it at the restaurant. I am sick of Cuomo news! I had forgotten he was Sandra Lee’s SO a long time ago, I miss seeing her on the food network. Hope your new inhaler helps when you want to walk.

Have a nice evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Old 08-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, 81 degrees, sunny, leaves are barely moving, and low/no humidity, and quiet. No one is mowing and that is rare! I've done some laundry and just putzed around sorting through magazines and recipes I've saved way too long thinking "someday." I have a few things ready for another SOS box and need to find a box. I also need to vacuum and dust, maybe tomorrow! We went to Zowie's first soccer game yesterday. Her team won and dominated the whole game. We sat on the "home" side, in the shade, even though we were the visiting team and should have been on the opposite side facing the sun. The girls rotated in and out as they were hot; the field is the same size as the football field. As here it was windy so nice sitting in the shade of the press box. She has three games next week but we will only go to one. The best part about soccer is the clock never stops running and the games are either at 4 or 6, so we are home much earlier than baseball or football games.

I need to fold sheets in the dryer and work on the afghan while Baby is sleeping so she won't want to "help!" Have a nice rest of the weekend! We have church in the park tomorrow, with a couple who sings gospel and uses biblical instruments.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon! We started the day with warm sunshine, wind, and very humid. The sun has been playing hide 'n seek with the dark clouds moving in. It is now raining which we need badly. The noon weatherman said we could get some hail which is not good. Today was my once a month coffee date with my friend then I picked up the gift shop money on my way home. Bob was waiting to hear Biden's comments on Afghanistan so lunch was over an hour later than usual. I should get busy and crochet a couple rows on the afghan; I'm trying to decide if it is light enough with light coming in the sliding door. Not much newsy otherwise. Bob is going on a local tractor ride tomorrow and I have the usual Saturday chores to do. Hope you enjoy a nice weekend!
Old 08-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #25  

Default morning

On my phone this morning.
Went with sis to Branson yesterday to look for kitchen hardware. we ate bbq for lunch. then she went to Belk and bought a couple of pieces of jewelry. the went by the condo. wow, that place is looking gorgeous. can't wait to see the finished product
woke up to much needed rain this morning.
My niece, 3 cats, a dog, and her fiance are back. She had a couple of interviews on Thursday and started to work on Friday.
Sis has gone to pick up nephew and his kiddos. evidently they are running errands also
not much else is going on
Old 08-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #26  

Good Morning! It is going to be another hot and humid day in my corner of the world. I don't think the humidity went down at all last night. I'm thankful the air conditioner is humming away. Not much planned for today except some kitchen drawer cleaning. Zowie has soccer games this afternoon, Thursday, and Saturday. There are storms predicted for Thursday when it is an earlier game and we had planned to go. I don't like to second guess the weather that far away. Bob's MT brother will be in their hometown on Saturday for his class reunion and we're planning to meet them briefly to give him three toy tractors for their grandsons. Bob had a customer give them to him not knowing he had sold his toy collection. Saturday is supposed to be rainy also.

Ceejay, it will be nice to have your niece and family living closer. I sometimes wish we had a larger family but know that can be too much too. Can’t change ours so it is what it is.

I need to think about something for lunch. Life would be much simpler if we didn't have to eat! Have a nice day and enjoy!
Old 08-24-2021, 03:21 PM   #27  

Default afternoon

it is hot and humid. the high today is supposed to be 98 but it August and I'm cool inside with the a.c. running. Broke down and added Discovery+on the Roku. Going to like it.
Bought a couple of tops from J.C. Penny this morning via internet.
Nephew called to give me his new phone number. He asked if I could take him to a court date tmo and said I could if his transport didn't work out.. I hope I don't have to start taking him places.. but this is an important day so guess I will if I have to.. don't like to get up that
Old 08-28-2021, 06:09 PM   #28  

Good Afternoon! We got up to heavy rain, lightning, and thunder. We had to leave by 8:15 for Zowie's game and Bob kept checking the radar. It was clear after the first 30 miles west of here so we left in a torrential downpour. We drove out of it about the 30 miles and then sunshine! There was also a tractor ride and annual celebration in what used to be a tiny settlement near here. The "natives" revived the house, a couple other buildings, and the general store. Bob would have rathered go on the tractor ride but figured it would be canceled because of the rain. Zowie's team lost; the other team played rough and when our girls shoved back the ref called them on it. Zowie was really mad. The other team has always been a big rival and it seems like our boys always win while their girls do. We had a few sprinkles during the game even though the sun was shining. It's extremely humid and hot yet. I was hoping the inch of rain would cool us down. After we got home there are tornado warnings for the area where the game was extending several miles out. We would have been right in the middle driving home, if we hadn't left right after the game.

Ceejay, if you have Roku, where do you get the internet and phone connections? I don’t understand all the ins and outs. I do like have all three under one company so I only have one bill and one place to call if something doesn’t work right. Bob has no clue either even though his office Glo have tried to explain it to him. It’s nice of you to help your nephew.

I have nothing planned for the rest of the day except to iron Bob's white shirt for church tomorrow. Have a nice evening and a super Sunday!
Old 08-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #29  

Jean
My ISP is Mediacom. I only have a cell phone and it's from a different company .Thinking about dropping the t.v. part of the package as I've found Peacock, which is free. The only thing is I wouldn't get the local news.
My weekend started on Friday. And it was my 71st birthday. Sis needed to go to Branson to check on the condo and while we were there we ate at Ruby Tuesday's and rode a 150 foot ferris wheel. This was my birthday present. The seat was partly enclosed which I liked for safety reasons. I want to do it again at night when it is lit up.
Saturday we went to Ash Grove with nephew A and his kids. My nieces fiance grilled hamburgers and hotdogs.
Sis was supposed to start disposing of some things out of the house but was to busy doing other things.
Sunday was church. After services we voted on whether to hire a part time or full time pastor. I'm so glad the treasurer was there to give the low down of our finances. Later in the afternoon it was announced that we voted to hire a part time pastor. Our attendance has dropped off and so has giving.

My friend is having or just had colon surgery today. The doctor found cancer in the ascending part of the colon during his colonoscopy. So we will know later what stage the cancer is in.

I'm not doing well with my eating plan. I'm always keep going back to my old ways. Think I'm going to the gym today to get out of the house. I will wear my mask. Also need to start some laundry and go to the grocery store.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:57 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! It is nice and "cool" with low humidity and the usual wind. We have a soccer game at 8 tonight so am trying to decide what to wear and take for jackets. I known I will wear jeans and tennis shoes. It will be pretty dark by then and dark always seems colder to me. I ran some errands this morning and put a load of clothes in the washer. They are drying now so will get them out in a few minutes.

Ceejay, we have Mediacom also but am not very impressed with the WiFi connection. I used to like the ferris wheel but my stomach never liked the first trip from the top down. After that one I was fine. I agree about the night lights! I hope your friend got good news after her surgery, cancer is so scary. You are so good about wearing the masks, I hope we never go back to mandatory wearing them. We still have to at the hospital, doctors’ offices, and dentists.

The dryer is buzzing so I'm off to fold clothes! Enjoy the rest of your day!