Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 04:54 PM   #16  

Hiya Girls,

Wow, lots of reading here today.

I don't think I absorbed it all yet. I'll have to go back and read it over again.

I log on at home after work each day and I can't tell you how much I enjoy coming here and reading the posts while I wind down for the day.

Got some research to do for work, but I'll check back in later.

Have a great evening,

Robin
Old 09-19-2003, 07:19 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Wink It was fun!!!

Afternoon ladies-

Well the fundraiser was nice. It wasn't as organized as it should be, but I believe that they got it all together in a week. Let's see, first thing my friend and I did was get Henna Tattoos. She got a paisley thing done on her hand and I got a vine thing done on my forearm. It's not like I thought it would be, it turned up real light....but it was fun. Then we signed up for a chair massage, and tarrot card reading. The massage and the reading ended up being around the same time for me so I had one of the girls I was with take my massage,,,, I wanted to hear what the cards had to say!
And it was something I didn't ever think I would experience. I sat down and picked 7 cards. One of the cards is a card that means that the one thing that I truly wish for in life, I will either succeed or have already done so. She asked me if I had any children and I told her I had a daughter, she gave me this peculiar look and said, "I'm seeing two, I'm seeing a son"
My jaw dropped. I told her that I had a son that I gave up for adoption back in highschool. Then she proceeded to tell me that it was one of the best choices I had made in life. That he was meant to be here, but for a couple who couldn't have children, and so he chose me to be sort of like a vehicle to get here. I found that amazing, because as soon as I had found out I was pregnant,, I knew right away that I was giving him up for adoption due to not having a stable life. And he deserved to have a family.
Then..... the lady started talking about my daughter. Said that she is a little talker and she is also a healer. Well my daughter can talk up a storm and she is a very motherly little girl. She always makes sure you're ok and asks how you're feeling. And offers hugs and kisses to make you feel better. It was all so strange!! And the woman kept looking above my head... finally she said, I'm sorry but I keep seeing this blue light next to you,,, you have a guardian watching you. It's a good thing. I left her table in almost tears!! So of coarse I put raffle in her basket to get an hour session!!

They also had an area to give you one minute miracle manicures,,, I loved it!!! My hands were sooooo smooth, that afterwards I couldn't stop rubbing them together. So I bought some.
I got lipstick applied, I don't wear the stuff much I always thing it brings to much attention to my lips!!
I wanted to sign up for a makeover consultation, but it was full. The place was packed. I believe they raised quite a bit of money. The three of us decided that we're going to do this again next year. We had lots of fun. Of coarse, I drank some martini's. They were in little cups, in flavors of lemon drops and sour apple. They were too good!! It lasted five hours, but we were running around so much that it didn't feel like we were there that long.
So I guess you could say I had a great time. To bad we all didn't all live closer to each other and we all could have gone and gotten to know each other!!

Whew!! That's a mouthful isn't it? Today was busy too. I went to the court house with my ex,,,, finally (after almost 5yrs.) we filed our divorce papers. I know,,,, I'm such a procrastinator that it's not funny. But they are filed.

So much going on for me, that I find it hard to stay semi-OP. But I'm really working on it!! I'm not doing to bad,,, I just know I could do better. Be more strict with myself.
Well, James want me to help him make a candle so I better get going. I will talk with you all later

Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 09-19-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:48 PM   #18  

Okay, I’ve had a chance to digest the posts….

Cristi, Hi My son’s allergies were horrible this year and the prescription medicine made him sick so we tried Reactine allergy and sinus (red package here) and this stuff is great. It worked on him and he wasn’t tired all the time.

Jana…. Handbags…I am a handbag junkie When I walk through any department store my DH and DS try to head me off the opposite direction of the handbag department. (never works though) My son offered a bribe to my girlfriend one day when we crossed the border to go shopping at an outlet mall. Fortunately, she had better sense than to try and keep me away. Try here www.handbags.com just type in the word blue in the search engine at the top … over 200 hits… maybe you’ll find one there.

Angie…. Sounds like a really full schedule. I guess you won’t have time to work between classes and clinicals. I am sure you’re going to love it though. The job opportunities are wonderful. I don’t know where you are, but our company has branches in Calgary and Edmonton in case you change your mind.

Marti – sounds like a great time. I love tarot card readings somehow they give you a good feeling. Glad you splurged and went bet it feels good. We all need a treat now and then.

Well, I have stayed OP (notice I used the acronym) for four days now. I avoided the pizza they had today at work and have resisted mugging the wonder bread delivery guy at a stop light today.
I think coming here helps a lot, knowing everyone here is going through the same thing I am and can understand successes and failures is great.

Brought home a briefcase full of work to catch up on this weekend, but…. I am having second thoughts about it. If the weather is good I am going to take the dog for a long walk instead.

Well, I think I am going to veg in front of the television and watch one of my fav's "While you were out"

take care all,

Robin
Old 09-20-2003, 03:01 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies

Marti, glad you and your friends have a fun time at the fundraiser. I've always wanted to have my cards read but have always been too afraid to hear what they had to say, especially if it were bad. My Aunt had a lady she went to in Dallas for years, and she sweared by her. I don't think too many things came true for her though. She said she would marry when the kids moved out and that never happened. They have been gone for 10 years or more now. I guess it could still happen though. But that is funny how this was right on for you. All in all it sounded like you guys enjoyed it.

Robin, I've never heard of Reactine, I am going to have to check it out. Today is worse than the last few days have been and the tylenol is fine but I think I need something stronger. My oldest DS gets it bad and has to go have a shot every now and then but for the most part Claritin works for him. WTG on passing up the pizza!

Well, ladies I hope everyone is having a great day. I am going to cut this short and get some more laundry done and then work on some reading, possibly take a nap. Take care and have a great weekend EVERYONE!
Old 09-21-2003, 12:06 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sorry I am so late checking in! Where did the day go???

Angie - hope everything went fine with the burial. I know that had to be real hard, but it will get easier in time.

Mel - do your dogs smell better and can I get you to come bathe my 3? LOL How about the salsa - did it turn out okay?

Cristi - I have allergies, too, and am battling a headache at this moment. I think its the leaf mold.

Robin - Glad you resisted the urge to attack the bread man. My nephew is a Wonder Bread/Hostess man, and you oughta see the snacks at his house. Yikes! Thanks for the handbag website. Did you get any research done?

Marti - glad you had such a good time at the fundraiser. When you got the manicure, did they dip your hand in parafin? My friend has one of those machines, and it leaves your hand feeling smooth and soft as a baby's butt.

Well, believe it or not I went back to Evansville today. But we don't have a Target any closer than that, and I wanted to check out some stuff there. So I went to the mall, too, and did a little Christmas shopping. One thing I got was a Mudd watch for Katie that holds those Italian charms. Zoppini? And a charm for her and Mary both that says "Daughter" and has a heart on it.

Mary, her hubby, and Katie are going to a John Michael Montgomery concert tomorrow afternoon, so Neal and I are taking the twins to a chuch cookout in the park. I am really looking forward to that. We can spoil them without their parents around.

Gotta go take some meds for this darn sinus headache!
Toodles,
Jana
Old 09-21-2003, 12:13 AM   #21  

Angry

Hey there girls-

I did my weigh in today and I was pleased as punch! I lost 2lbs. So I'm down to 142lbs. And it's only going to get better!!

I'm starting some kind of workout next week. And James and I decided to go back to the gym and take our membership off hold. He's having withdrawls from weightlifting. So we're thinking the end of the month. That way, when I get out of school, I can just stop in on the way home and workout. Getting all hyped up about it.

I'm not feeling to well tonight so I'm making this short.... just had to share my happy news.

Hi to EVERYONE!!!

Marti
Old 09-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #22  

Hi ladies...

I know Ive been MIA once again. Ive been sick as a dog with a sinus and chest cold. I usually get bronchitis once a year and Im praying this doesnt turn into that. The medication has knocked me on my a**. I slept 14 hours one night, then 12 the next, so Im all out of sorts.
Ill catch up with everyone when Im feeling better.
I miss you all!

Michelle
Old 09-21-2003, 08:42 PM   #23  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi everyone,
Robin, I am in Calgary, and the job market for LPNs is open. Lots of job offerings in the papers.
Michelle, hope your feeling better soon.....Brandon ususally gets sick once a year with his asthma,,hes already on the mend.
Jana, what kind of watch? A mudd with charms? Tell me more...lol
And OMG I love shopping at Target when Im down in the states,,,its scary how I know the one in Great Falls Montana...lol
Marti, good for you going back to the gym,,,I will be too as soon as I get my shot. And Ive had the same experience once with someone reading, my aura not cards.

Funeral went well, had lunch after, hung around chit chatting and going throu old pics and letters.
Tanners birthday is Friday and we just finished making invitations to his buddies,,,movie and a sleep over. DH and I have decided to buy him a new bike.
We also decided to take the house off the market,,,too many houses for sale right now and the house we really wanted sold. So may as well wait for spring. We will be building again.
I have about 4 presents done now for christmas...This is a record for me.
Well I should get going,
I love hearing about your weekends
Angie
Old 09-22-2003, 12:00 AM   #24  

Evening ladies-

I've started recording all I eat on Fitday. And my total calories for the day is 1261. That's pretty good, But my total fat is 39g.!!! I'm not to happy with that. Do any of you know of some fat gram calculator to where I can figure out how much fat I need for my body?? I used to have all the info, but after moving, I cannot find it!!! I know that 39grams of fat is too much!! Please let me know if you can help me with that. Other wise I'm doing pretty good! Drank my 80oz. of water. Proud of that,, but I'm a little bit concerned on my fat. Gotta work on it.

Starting a workout routine tomorrow. Going to grab my excercise ball and start doing crunches and then some arm excercises too. James told me that he would set up the VCR in the office for me to do my yoga. He wants to do them too. (love the man)

Ok ladies I will go. I still feel blah today. I think TOM has a plan of visiting me this week. No looking forward to the visit. I always dread it. Almost like having your in-laws coming over!!. (Just teasing!!!) I loved my ex-inlaws. I still chat with them.

Talk with you girls later

Marti
Old 09-22-2003, 11:23 AM   #25  
GmaTo8

Ladies -

I have a nasty cold, and feel terrible! I'll try to check back in later today.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:12 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies,

I too am not feeling too good but wanted to check in and say Hi. These darn allergies. Getting better but still feel so tired, actually sleepy of course that could also be because I awoke to a nasty thunderstorm at 5 am. UGH! I hate those, especially when there is hail.

Jana, I do hope you get to feeling better.

Marti, WTG on your loss! 39 g. of fat does seem kind of high, but maybe not. I know when I had my gallbladder removed the doctor told me my limit was 40 g. a day. I'm not sure what they base it on, maybe a persons weight?? Not sure. I tried fitday.com and it just seemed to take up too much time trying to figure out all that stuff, almost everything I entered they didn't have in the system so I wasn't sure what I should use. Sounds like James is a sweetie!

Michelle, sorry to hear you are feeling bad. We miss you too and don't worry about catching up till you are feeling better, which I hope is soon. Take care of yourself.

Angie, glad to hear the funeral was fine. I hate funerals of course it doesn't help the last few I was at everyone was fighting which is so very sad. You would think they could wait till after the funeral was over to start bickering over who gets what or who wants what.

You ladies and this talk about Christmas shopping! I was just thinking about it the other day and what to get everyone.Every year I say I am going to get it done early and every year I don't! Okay, one year I actually did. Well, didn't have much to say, just wanted to check in. I think hubby and I will head to the park after dinner for a walk this evening, if it isn't raining. Take care ladies, talk to ya soon.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:07 PM   #27  

Afternoon girls-

Sorry to hear that everyone isn't feeling well. TOM decided to give me a surprise visit this morning. Wasn't to thrilled about it.

Went out to lunch today. (skipped breakfast--hate it when I do that) James and I went to the classic burger joint. I really wanted a hamburger and I kept seeing all these dishes being served, and they smelled so good. BUT......I went with a chicken breast sandwhich on a whole wheat roll. The fries came with, but I only concentrated on my sandwhich, only ate a few. And I only drank a quarter of my rootbeer. Focused more on my water. So all in all... I didn't do to bad for lunch. Trying to fight my temptations and think HARD about why I shouldn't have the fatty stuff.

Bought a badmitton set today. James and I played around for about 15mins. Talk about being out of shape!!! The sun was beating down on us and I was just sweating up a storm. But... it was fun. Couldn't hit the bird if my life depended on it. But great excercise. I'm going to pull out the excercise ball tonight and do some crunches. Get my body used to excecise again.

Well I hope you are starting to feel better. Just take the time to rest, drink your fluids and relax!!! We'll talk with you when you feel better.

Take Care
Marti
Old 09-22-2003, 06:39 PM   #28  

Hey ladies...

Looks like its that time of the year again. I hate cold and flu season. The good news is...no bronchitis!!! Yayyyy! Just a a** kickin cold, but I feel like Im on the mend. I think I slept half the week away.
We had the yard sale this Saturday too. Hubby had to work, so I had to do it all myself, which didnt help much. Fortunatly he got off work just in time to pack everything up for me and take me home and put me to bed. Poor guy worked his butt off this week, taking care of me, digging out stuff for the yard sale as well as working 2 jobs. What a sweetie pie. So despite the fact that he's the one that gave me the cold, I think Ill keep him.
The yardsale was a real money maker...I sold over $400!!!! Can you beleive it? I cant. The whole day was such a medicated blur, Im not sure how I did it, but Im glad I did. Thats our spending money for our anniversary trip to Hawaii. Yahooo!

Anyway...enough about me.
Jana....how are you feeling? Better I hope. I feel your pain. I hope everyone there is taking good care of you. You'll be breathing out of both nostrils in no time! lol
Im a firm believer in the chicken soup cure, but its so hard to eat and breathe at the same time.

Marti...my husband has tried to explain the fat grams thing to me many times, and Im not sure Im quite getting it, but this is what I think I understand. Based on a 2000 calorie diet, you should be eating no more than 40 grams of fat. Correct me if Im wrong anyone. I struggled for a long time trying to figure out the mathmatics of it all. What I ended up doing with fitday was planning for no more that 1700 calories per day, with 40% of them carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat. I was just reading through my little diary, and for the life of me I cant figure out where I got those percentage figures from. Ill keep reading and let you know if I do.

Angie, Im glad the funeral went well for you. Those things are always tough. I hope Tanner is better. I havent read too far back, but I do recall seeing something about discounts.....

Hello to everyone else....Ill have to come back and say my individual hellos once Ive caught up a bit more. You miss a few days at this place and you miss alot!

Hi to the newbies here too....glad to have ya!

Take care ladies.

Michelle
Old 09-22-2003, 07:26 PM   #29  

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear a lot of you are coming down with colds and flus. This time of year is bad for it. I take Echinacea starting this time of year. Have not had a cold in five years, so I think it works. Might be worth a try.

I am now at day seven of the SBD. Stayed OP the whole time. Not as many carb cravings now.

Well, have a good evening.

Take care all.

Robin
Old 09-22-2003, 11:22 PM   #30  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello everyone
Hope all will be feeling better soon. My whole family are all mended and back to their busy activites.
Yes Michelle if I get the job I get 50% discount!
I did my interview today and grabbed the bull by the horns and asked for the Assistant Manager position. My SIL came too and had an interview, while she was busy I shopped,,,bought the cutest skirt, a cream brown and tan colored skirt with a little flared hem.
I called the school about my application and told them about the interview the woman was so helpful. She said I had to do the interview just incase Im not accepted.
Well I better get going, need sleep.
Angie
Closed Thread