Old 11-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Busy day yesterday. We had a potluck soup lunch after church yesterday. I had chili. It was good on a cool Fall afternoon. Went to sissy's for a bit then drove out to visit with nephew's family and of course hold the newest baby.
Their house finally sold and they purchased another one back in almost the same area as before. The boys will be in a different school district but I think they will be okay if they start at the new semester.
I'm hoping I'm doing the right thing by going back to just regular Medicare. My drug, vision and dental plan is embedded in the advantage plan.I'm not sure if I will be happy with this or not. The only fear that I have is the hospitalization on the advantage plan. I pay for the first 5 days and that could get expensive.
Have a good rest of the day.
Today is chemo #10 for bil. I'll be taking him back to Branson after while. .
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:34 PM   #32  

Good Afternoon! It's a gloomy day in my neighborhood, 30 degrees with a breeze so a little chilly outside. We voted on the school board and city council this morning. What a waste of taxpayers' money! All of our voting places were open and staffed with at least three workers; everyone on the ballots were incumbents seeking re-election, no new choices. Then Bob and I went to our new hair gal for haircuts. She is super fast! We were both in and out in a half hour. Our previous gal was close to an hour for Bob and a little over for me, plus she was more expensive. So now it is on to the rest of my day after running some errands. Bob is farming so won't see him until early evening.

Ceejay, I didn’t realize until I was reading some of the Medicare and insurance information, that not all doctors or clinics accept all insurance. Bob’s cataract surgery was more expensive than mine because he went to a different hospital, same surgeon though. That hospital had some measurement machine that our’s does not have. Trying to keep ahead of insurance companies is a challenge!

I've done some laundry and now need to take a check to the hospital. Hope you are enjoying a terrific Tuesday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
I had an orthopedic doctor's appointment this afternoon in Ozark, just a little ways down the road. They made x-rays of my thumb. I have arthritis in it joint where it connects to the wrist. The arthritis is to the point that the joint has almost closed. She barely had enough room to give me an injection, which hurt like the dickens. After this I had to go to therapy to be fitted for a brace. I'm to wear it for a month and then go back to the doctor. I'm going back to therapy next week so she can see that I'm doing the exercises correctly.
It's been a beautiful day.
I'm thinking very seriously about keeping the advantage plan. Now that I've signed up for the other plan I'm getting cold feet. It's very hard for me to make decisions.

Jean
I do try to stay within the system that I signed up for. They do accept Medicare. And since I've been with my primary care doctor for three years I hope they will except my change. Guess I should have thought about that before hand.

gma
What are you up to today?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #34  

Good Afternoon! I am NOT happy to share that it is seriously snowing in my neighborhood; the deck is covered and it is sticking on the fallen leaves. [img]/dir-icon/0/2/frown.icon[/img] It is windy and cold to add to the mix. [img]/dir-icon/0/2/frown.icon[/img]That said, I will carry on. I went to get my nails done this morning then remembered today was flu shot day at the hospital so came home to put on a short sleeved shirt for easy access. This year the nurse was in a room that had a store room/closet for anyone having to remove their top because of long sleeves. Go figure. Then I took a look at "Christmas" in the gift shop. The buyers put in a lot of work! I brought home several invoices, close to 25, that is merchandise picked in the spring, and shipped, but payment not due until December 1st. I have bell choir later this afternoon; we play this Sunday and it is also consecration Sunday which means it will be a long service. I don't like the one piece as it is long and I have way too many accidental notes, time changes, and key changes throughout. Not a fun piece imo. Bob is farming I think, since I haven't heard otherwise.

Ceejay, I hope the injection into your thumb helps. Was it cortisone? That is what I had and while it didn’t hurt exactly, it did sting pretty hard for a few seconds, maybe a minute. It took a few days but it has helped and my thumb no long “clicks” or gets stuck curled up. Getting older is hard on the body for sure!

I need to get to my check writing and make a dent in the pile. Hope the sun is shining on you and enjoy the rest of your day.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #35  

Hmmm another post disappeared. I wonder what I am doing wrong? Itís a decent day today, not too cold, but we are heading to some cold stuff by the end of the week it looks like. I need to get out and chop weeds and put on weed killer again. They are drag racing out on the main street again. Sounds like being under a Navy jet itís so loud.

I sure hope I can finish the blanket. I am bored with it. I need to finish my friendís sweater too before the cruise.

Weíre having taco salad for dinner but Jack texted me and said he wants to take a nap when he gets home first. Iím glad he has a three day weekend coming up. We are going to shampoo carpets over Thanksgiving weekend because heís taking a couple extra days off. Itís just the two of us for dinner so no biggy.

CeeJay: Hope your hand gets to feeling better. Jackís left hand was so bad bone was rubbing against bone. The surgery fixed that, but it did cause some other small issues. He says his other hand is hurting now, but he canít have surgery until after the cruise in April as he needs twelve weeks off and has to use FMLA and he isnít eligible to use it again until after the first of the year. Itíll be a lot harder because itís his dominant hand. I canít say much about anything to do with Medicare. What Medicare doesnít take care of Tricare picks up. We donít have to have a Medicare supplement as Tricare is our supplement. I had to pay $6 for an emergency room bill awhile back but that was all. I bought stuff to make chili so may make that this weekend if it gets cold.

Jean: Well, at least you had good dessert. Has it snowed there yet? I am reading about how bad winter is going to be this year. Do you like the new hair gal better? I have an appt the 22nd and I want her to pixie cut it. The arthritis in my shoulders has gotten terrible and it gets very hard to try and blowdry/style my hair. We had city/county stuff recently but I was really sick that day and didnít go vote. This next yearís election is going to get ugly. Itís like a bunch of children.

Well, Jack will be home soon. Have a nice evening.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote