Old 10-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I had a decent trip to Arkansas. It did rain but not to bad. My only dread was when those semi trucks passed me and threw gallons of water on my windshield. I drove out of the rain about half way so that was good. Had a bit of trouble finding where my bff's lives but I made it there finally. She has a really nice house. Jonesboro, AR has really grown in the three years I've been gone.
We went to eat fish last night and today for lunch we had pizza. I bought some things for myself to fix in the microwave because neither of us cooks. any more.
More later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-25-2019 at 04:36 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #17  

Good Morning! The sun is shining and it's going to be another nice fall day in my neighborhood. My day started early because Bob was meeting the truck mechanic at the elevator at 7. Last night when he was in line to unload the truck quit and he couldn't get it started. The elevator has a truck or tractor of some sort so hooked on and pulled him through then to the parking lot. As he and farmer friend are on the phone discussing what to do, "all the air went out of the truck." I'm not just sure what air but know it wasn't good. It's an old truck and it has been fix/repair several times during this harvest. Ian's team lost their game Thursday night, to the #2 team that they beat last year. The football dads, and Bob, came unglued at the terrible refs and lack of penalty calls in favor of the other team. Bob said the score board should have read Refs-4, Dell Rapids-18, Tea-21! Bob finally has a voice today. Undoubtedly they will play against each other in the playoffs; Ian's team was #1. On the way home the coaches told the team they were going to review the tape, make a copy of it along with their comments on the refs, and send it to the state officials. One coach called the ref on a missed unsportsmanlike move and the ref threatened to kick him out of the game! I don't know much about football but it wasn't a fun night. Being a little further away than usual, we didn't get home until 1am and I was dragging yesterday. Enough about football!
I got up with a headache today and feel like I am getting a sinus infection. I don't have time to be sick! I managed to drop the butter dish which shattered into a million pieces while my egg and toast were cooking. The egg ended up over done so tossed it in favor of another one. I wanted to get the glass cleaned up so Ernie wouldn't step in it. He thought the butter looked like a tasty snack but I managed to get to it before he did. I have laundry to do and need to pick up a few things at the grocery store later. I try to have sandwich makings on hand because I never know when Bob will be home at night. The elevators stay open later if farmers are trying to beat the weather.

Ceejay, here’s hoping your nephew’s new medication will work better for him. It’s good that his wife went to check on him. I hope you have nice weather and enjoy your visit with your friend in Arkansas! How far is it from where you live now? I’m not familiar with the southern states other than to know which state is where. Wishing you a safe trip back home again!

I need to get busy! Hope you enjoy a nice weekend!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #18  

Good morning from Arkansas. Not a lot going on. She has her habits I have min. She very seldom comes out of her room.
I'm texting my cousin today to see when would be a good time to go visit with my uncle. I would like to go on Monday.
Have a good day.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:39 AM   #19  

A fun night. Bff invited her niece to come and meet me. I loved her and her family. Tomorrow her step daughter is stopping by for a visit. At least I know her.
I contacted 2 cousins. He's going to ask his dad, my uncle, about eating lunch on Monday. And then I will go out to the nursing home for a visit with the other uncle.
Not sure what to do about church. Guess I can watch something on line.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #20  

Good Morning! It's a cloudy morning and colder in my neighborhood today. I am waiting for the washer to finish so I can do the next load.The truck remains in the elevator parking lot because the mechanic never showed up yesterday. Needless to say the guys were more than a little upset. So they opted to move machinery to another farm place 30 miles down the road, a two hour road trip. Bob was a happy camper because he got to use his own tractor and pull two wagons. The farmer's grandson drove a smaller tractor and pulled one wagon. They finished that field just as it was getting dark so went back this morning to move machinery home again. I think todays plan is to do local corn and fill the grain bins on the farm. We are to get rain Tuesday and Thursday, possibly with snow flurries in the mix. So frustrating for the farmers!

Ceejay, you mentioned fixing food in the microwave. Do you buy frozen dinners or what do you like? I get in a rut, especially if Bob is gone during lunchtime. This time of year I never know when he will be home at night. It’s nice you are getting together with some other people. I hope the visits with your uncles work out.

I think I will work on a Good Will box and get rid of my squeaky shoes I can't seem to fix. Hope you enjoy a nice day!
Old 10-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #21  

Jean
I like the Healthy Choice dinners and entree's. and some of Mrs Calendar's. I also get the Atkins meals but I don't feel like there is enough food to make a portion in those.

----------------------------
I'm supposed to be meeting my cousin and uncle for lunch today.
I'm thinking about going back to Missouri on Wednesday because the weather forecast is for either freezing rain and or snow on Thursday. .
More later.
An update
I'm going to leave tomorrow. She's saying she's sick. I'm not going to stay and and get sick also.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-28-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #22  

Good morning ladies. We definitely are fully into fall now. I have a load in the washer, a load in the dryer and need to load the dishwasher, clean the kitchen and bathroom today. I’ve been sick a lot lately and pretty miserable. I think I’m going to have to talk to my doctor about what’s going on. It isn’t serious but debilitating because I don’t feel like leaving the house or even doing chores or cooking.

Jack was off Friday for a yearly cardiology appt. Everything is ship shape with his heart. He is back to work today. He was so funny. He brought all his dress shirts he wants to take on the cruise downstairs and ask me to help him pick out ties. We ended up buying new ties and actually had fun doing it. I would find some outrageous one and text it to him all the while trying to keep a straight face. We ended up with some really great combinations. I guess he changed his mind as he originally was going to wear just an open collar on non formal nights.

My baby blanket is coming along. My hands have been hurting a lot so haven’t gotten a lot of rows done but I do what I can.

CeeJay: Sounds like you are having a very nice visit with family members. I sure hope your nephew continues to lean on his psychiatrist when he feels in trouble. It may be the way he can permanently turn a corner. We’ve never been to Jonesboro but my sil’s grandmother lived there.
My favorite frozen less calorie meals are Lean Cuisine.

Jean: Years ago I remember seeing the cotton gins going full force in the fall in TX. The trucks and wagons would be lined up 20 deep sometimes. I was always fascinated by how they got all the ginning done. Does Ian play basketball? Seems to me umpires and refs don’t know what they’re doing anymore and no seems to make them do a better job. Did you find the missing $25?

Well sounds like washer is done so I better get a move on. Have a good day!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, no wind is blowing, but it is colder today. I have had a frustrating day with my iPad! Yesterday it started closing any link, including here, I tried to look at to the point I gave up last night. I thought it was an internet problem so called them first thing this morning. The tech was a very nice lady who said it was most likely an Apple issue, and to try turning it completely off. When it restarted my email password had to be re-entered and then Google added some hoops to go through. I don't use voice recognition nor my thumbprint so it was like every time I thought I was done, I was back to square one. Will see if this goes through. I have the job of finding new officers for P.E.O. next year and so far have two vacancies, one is Vice President in charge of programs and the other recording secretary; both will have an assistant but need to be present at the majority of the meetings. Could be a challenge since our "able" group is small and several are gone for part of the winter months. I did get the list out so at least it is visible as a reminder. I saw somewhere that the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is shorter this year; just what I didn't need as it seems to take me longer to get things done lately.

Ceejay, I had a WW lunch today. I didn’t check the date but it didn’t have much taste to it. I hope you enjoyed you lunch with your cousin and uncle yesterday. I sure don’t blame you for heading home early if your friend is sick! Safe travels!

”Gma,” so glad Jack had a good report from the doctor! I tried to talk Bob into a bow tie and he didn’t think he was ready for one yet. He has so many ties from his suit days at the office. He gave a bunch to a lady at church who made a quilt out of ties. She brought it one Sunday and it was beautiful. Ian played basketball last year but told me during the summer he wasn’t going to this year, Amanda said not to be surprised if he did because he is Mr. Social and his friends play. The problem is that he started playing late so doesn’t have the finesse moves he could. Jason said he could get a job so he might decide to play after all. We have the first playoff game Thursday night so no trick or treaters at this house. No, we didn’t find the $25 from last week; this week we were $10 long so guess we are losing our touch.

I need to clear off the kitchen table and pitch some catalogs. Hope you are enjoying a terrific Tuesday!

Last edited by Jean; 10-29-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:37 PM   #24  

Good evening gals. We are supposed to get rain tonight, all day tomorrow and all day Thursday. I need to get my housecleaning caught up. With rain, I’m staying home so I have no excuse not to clean.

We had homemade burgers and Jack had tater tots for dinner. I made a pie and it’s baking in the oven right now. It smells wonderful. I’ll get a tiny piece or two. I did weigh myself and I’ve lost 20 lbs since my dr appt so I’ll take that. My next appt is in January and I’ll have a full workup then. I am trying one of my meds again to see if I can tolerate it until I see the doctor. I wish it would not give me the headaches and such so I could continue taking it.

I got some new tops today for winter. I used to get sweaters but I always get hot wearing them. I just got some long sleeved knit tops this year. I wear jeans all the time in the winter months.

I picked up my knitting this morning and was knitting away and found a mess. Each color is 16 rows, 2 rows make the pattern and each repeat in a row is 36 stitches. I had twelve rows done and discovered in row 4 I knit the wrong one so 8 rows had to be ripped out. I did that and picked up all the stitches, started a row and discovered somehow the last repeat was completely wrong. No clue how I did that. Anyhow, since all 4 rows were wrong I had to rip out all 4 rows and start the whole 16 rows over. {{{sigh}}} Now it is correct and I’ll go from here.

I got a nice surprise yesterday. Tricare sent me a reimbursement check for my insurance from Sept of 2018. You had to pay quarterly, but it was July, August, September and my Medicare started in September. I forgot all about it. It only took them a year to reimburse me.

Jean: We don’t do trick or treaters at our house. I don’t think it’s safe. We don’t really have many kids here and our neighbors with kids moved away so I don’t make up goody bags for them. I sent the boys money even though they are past the age. I had trouble with my ipad disconnecting from wifi every night. Jack finally found the issue so now it doesn’t do that. Safari seems to be awfully slow or the websites are, not sure which. My knitting pattern for the blanket keeps crashing and I have to reload it all the time, which is irritating. I like using my ipad because I can sit it up on the end table and just look at the instructions instead of messing with a paper pattern. Are you having Thanksgiving at your house? I think we’re just going to order from Cracker Barrel since it’s just the two of us.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:54 AM   #25  

gma
Congratulations for losing 20 pounds. That's great. You've given me an idea to set a weigh loss goal for my next doctors visit which is in March .
2020. I'm going to try to get heart healthy since heart disease is high on my mom's side of the family. My main goal is to raise my HDL, good cholesterol level. My LDL seems to be low enough.
I'm not doing trick or treat either.
--------------------------
I think the medication that the doctor gave nephew for sleep is to high of a dosage. He's slept to much and said that he had a "hangover" from that . At least that is what I'm hoping.
The weather forecast was for some of the white stuff last night but if it did snow I it didn't come to the ground. It's cold this morning at 29 degree's.
I moved the bed around in my nephew's room so that I could put a t.v. in there for him and get him off the couch, where he ended up sleeping most of the night. My abs and lower back are sore this morning.
I came home earlier than planned due to the weather prediction for today. But to be honest I was ready to come back. She mainly stayed in her roomed and texted me from there. She did invite her niece and family over for dinner one night and her step daughter over one night. Then said she was sick. And I ate lunch with one of my uncles and two cousins and there spouses. I really enjoyed that. I have an uncle who is in the nursing home and also visited with him. They both looked well.
Need to get on with my day. Laundry is first on my list of things to do then a trip to the grocery. I'm hungry for soup and cornbread.
Have a good day.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:35 PM   #26  

Happy Halloween and goodbye to October! If you go off Daylight Savings Time, don't forget to set your clocks back tomorrow . . . . "fall back!" The sun is shining, a breeze is blowing, and it's 19 degrees. For once my thermometer agrees with the tv weatherman. I have part of my "top layers" on in preparation for tonight's game. By the time I get everything on, plus my over-sized winter coat, I can hardly move. Jason and Bob like to sit on the 50 yard line and closer to the top by the press box so it is hard for me to escape if I get too cold. This is the first game of the three in playoffs and they are playing #7 team, anticipating a win. In the meantime I have a pair of farm jeans to mend and a load of laundry in the washer. The never ending pile appeared on the counter when I was looking for the hairdresser’s business card which I never did find.

“Gma,” we haven’t had any rain for several days but yesterday had a large puddle behind the furnace. The furnace drains water from time to time and there is a small plastic control (?) box that sits close the floor and regulates that. When they installed the furnace they put the box on the floor and Bob asked them to raise it because it would be sitting in water otherwise. What kind of pie did you make? on losing 20#s! Are you using a specific eating plan? I notice FB has been having KETO food and recipes from time to time. I feel for you and your knitting snafu. I never know how to restart when I try to correct a mistake.

Ceejay, glad your safely home again. I love your new picture! Were they your cats at one time? I divided my trick or treat candy into four bags for the grandkids. I usually make a small sandwich bag size for them but this year, since we won’t be home, they are getting much larger bags! I never know how to plan as some years we get a lot of trick or treaters and in other years very few. The weather has a lot of influence since our block is long and a dead end. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow, I think. I’m sure the snow will fall soon enough but I’m never ready for that. Did your friend come out of her room when her family came for dinner; did she cook? Inquiring minds want to know!

I need to get busy and mend the jeans! Hope you enjoy a nice day doing something nice for yourself!

Last edited by Jean; 10-31-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:02 PM   #27  

Good evening ladies. Chilly and wet here today. Jack put the cover over the spigot to keep it from freezing in case it dips low tonight. I turned the furnace on and set it at 70. We turn it down to 64 at night or it gets too hot upstairs. It is programmable so Jack needs to fool with it and program it. I told him to change out the filters this weekend. He has Saturday morning free though as the ESPN Gameday sports people will be broadcasting from Memphis on Saturday. If we were younger we’d go down there, but parking is bad downtown and it’ll be nuts down there. We’ll just sit in our warm living room and watch.

I probably am going to have a friend of a friend unfriend me on FB because I kind of told people off. She posted the article about the IN grandfather who has been charged for his granddaughter falling overboard on the cruise ship when he stuck her out one of the windows and she fell. They blame she and her friends blame the cruise line. It irked me because none of them have ever even been on a cruise ship let alone know anything about the windows. Anyway she’s not a friend of mine nor an acquaintance even, just a friend of a friend who wanted to be friends with me. Blame the person who stuck the little one in the window!

Quiet here as far as tricker treaters tonight but not the jerks with the hot rods revving their engines and playing loud music from their cars. Drives me crazy! We have three of them on this block now. It goes on all hours of the night and day.

CeeJay: For an obese woman I have excellent numbers. I have never had high cholesterol and my ldl and hdl are really great. My bp is around 120/75 most of the time with my meds so I’m really lucky. I had a doctor tell me even if I only lost a few lbs each year it was still great. Why does your sister just close herself off from you when you visit her or vice versa? Seems to me she’d want to visit with you. Glad you got to visit others you don’t see much.

Jean: I hope we have a mild winter here. We really didn’t have fall temps. No not really doing anything just trying to watch what I eat but not really dieting as such. Ya Keto is the big thing but my drs are totally against it. They say it is dangerous to cut your carbs that much and not healthy. Speaking of healthy, I have to get around and get my flu shot. I haven’t done that yet. I imagine you feel like the Michelin man going out with all your layers on.

You all have a good evening.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #28  

Morning ladies
gma
My friend is like that and likes to be confined to her room. She was like that when she visited with me also.
My number are fairly good. My blood pressure goes up when I'm stressed. I inherited that from my mom's side of the family. I'm over weight because I eat too much. lol. My thyroid and anxiety comes from my mom's side of the family as well. Mom didn't have the anxiety but the bp yes.. My grandmother did have anxiety.

Jean
19 degree's is cold for this time of the year for my area. Seems like we are missing the fall temps and heading into the winter temps. I'm not ready for that. The cats in the window are my nieces. I kept Miley, the darker colored one, for awhile until she moved to Florida. I still miss her.
------------------------
Been on the phone most of the morning with my insurance company filling out an application for a medigap plan. I'm mainly concerned with the hospitalization coverage with the advantage plan. The rest I like.
So far this morning I've cleaned the hall bathroom which my nephew uses and eaten breakfast. I'll do more in a few more odd jobs this afternoon.
Think every joint aches today. sigh
Have a good day.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-01-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon! We have had the strangest weirdest weather today! The deck and street were wet when we got up this morning. It is a little warmer so that is nice. The sun came out briefly and then disappeared. The wind came and went several times during the day as did the sun. I had six raindrops on the way home from the gift shop. It was closed yesterday and today so they could undecorate and then decorate for Christmas. From the looks of it today, they have a lot of Christmas items to get rid of! I had trouble getting to sleep last night. I don't know if allergies are kicking in again or I am getting a cold but have gone between sneezing and blowing to a stuffy nose. It was a short night and I have been dragging today. Bob is farming again so it must not be raining where they are. The sun is shining now, just in time to head down.

“Gma,” I saw the first newscast about the little girl falling on the cruise ship. I missed any of the follow up news so did they decide the grandfather was negligent and responsible for her death? How sad and senseless for the family. We have a neighbor who is the doctor in charge of our ER. He is young, but old enough to know better, and drives a pickup with loud mufflers. We don’t have to look to know when he drives by. He has all kinds of boats and “toys,” and Bob says he is a spoiled rich kid. They bought the house, on the lake, a year before they moved here and he was working weekends in the ER while doing his residency somewhere else. I counted and had on last night: a short sleeved t-shirt, cuddle duds top and bottom, turtleneck, sweatshirt, and a nylon pullover kind of top, heavy denim jeans, then my overstuffed poofy nylon coat! I wear wool socks so my feet stay warm and wrap my legs in a flannel backed nylon stadium blanket. Ian always gives me a hug and thanks us for coming which is a nice plus at the end of the game. They won 49-6 and everyone got to play which is nice for the kids who often don’t. The players congregate in the parking lot for the fans to congratulate. The school district has been putting pictures of the senior players with their parents on FB. I hope they do that next year!

Ceejay, I eat too much and don’t exercise, not a good combination! My numbers are all good except my triglycerides are a little high, too much sugar! We missed out on spring and fall both! This is Iowa and the weather can change hourly. We are getting lots of insurance ads in the mail and on the phone. I hate trying to figure out anything to do with insurance and am thankful Bob understands it since he sells it. My shoulders ached last night from sitting scrunched at the game. I try not to do that but think the cold weather makes me do it.

I need to do some dishes that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher. Bob just came home, early for him. Said they spent most of the day fixing the combine. Not a good day for them. Hope you enjoy a nice evening.

Last edited by Jean; 11-01-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #30  

Good Evening! It's not even 9:00 and I am ready for bed! YAWN! We got up to bright sunshine for about an hour then the clouds rolled in followed by a gloomy day of rain. Guys thought they could beat the rain but it was not to be. Area elevators were closed because they are full drying wet corn. Bob did deliver one semi load to a small elevator out in the middle of nowhere but the rain got serious so that ended their work for the day. Yesterday, after lunch, I got a text from Beth wanting to know what time we would be there for the show. Of course I had NO idea what she was referring to. Lucky for us, I had enough time to get Bob home and showered and change my clothes. I had it on the calendar, just didn't look at the calendar I am embarrassed to say. I bought tickets to a show choir fund raiser; dinner and a show of past show choir members who had gone on to pursue music careers plus a preview of one of this years varsity show choir's songs. There were so many kids trying out they ended up with three show choirs, lots of talent! I wasn't impressed with the meal but the Snickers/turtle cheesecake was delicious! Thursday night football and going off daylight savings has my "what day is it?" Confused!

I need to unload the dishwasher before I head upstairs. I can use another extra hour of sleep tonight to help my fuzzy brain! Hope you enjoy a marvelous Monday!