Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
Good Morning/Evening...
Needless to say it did NOT interfere with my exercising. bahahahha...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #32  

Morning all. I’m back at work today. Not feeling anywhere near 100%, but I’m not taking more sick days. I’m feeling better than Monday though. Whatever this virus is, it’s hit me hard. I saw my dr Monday morning. Yesterday morning, another gross symptom that popped up involving my eyes. I made an appointment for today at a Walgreens clinic downtown here at 3 pm. I just need to confirm that this is part of this nasty virus and not a separate infection or other thing that needs to be treated separately.
I’m catching up on emails and voicemails right now, so personals will have to be brief.

Happy – Glad you thought the classes were good. And that the arthritis one wasn’t just a sales pitch. ==Are you also refilling the hot tub? == Enjoy the nice weather. Glad your mom’s thing wasn’t serious.
Annie – Sounds like you had a very busy weekend, but thoroughly enjoyed your time with the boys. I think my hair stylist’s hubby took their young son to one of those monster truck things and the loudness was so frightening to him, they didn’t get to see much of it. == I know birds in the nest, but what’s egg in a hole? == You recommend zinc, the admin suggested elderberry syrup…maybe both cuz I sure seem to be turning into quite the sicky.

Shad – That’s a nice head of hair – much curlier though, huh? Have you heard if the curliness is a permanent thing? It’s nice you find it easier to work with anyway. == We had a very rainy day over the weekend – I think it was Saturday – about 4 inches in a single day. After weeks without any rain at all. Oh Mother Nature, what an odd sense of humor you have.

Susie – Good for you getting here to post and getting in the exercise. == Glad you explained the Kenny King photo, I was clueless. How fun for both of you.

Ceejay – Does your sister have her car back, and are you and your own car back at home now? == Glad the massager is making your feet feel better. These days I think it would be a really great thing to have one of those super deluxe massaging chairs and a foot massaging machine. It would be very pricey… but would probably be more cost effective than getting massages from a live person, LOL.

==
Nothing much more to report outside of feeling more lousy than I can really ever remember.

Oh. One day last week, bf used the new microwave’s convection function to cook something. It was making this awful noise, so we just decided to return it. We ended up exchanging it for a GE model, which is the brand we had before. No convection feature, but we wouldn’t have been using that much anyway. This GE has the express buttons and also the cancel/pause button, which we had been accustomed to and missed when we got the Kitchenaid. So all is back to normal with the microwave.

That’s it for me - so much for being brief. Back to wading through the emails.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

going to try again later. Not sure what is up with this sight.

Susie
We road a tram through the cave
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #34  

Going to try a different keyboard.
Sis told me last night that niece and bf will be home for good on November 1 or 2. I will not have them in my house with a dog, cat and kitten. I did tell her I would let them have the house but she does not want to make them to comfortable. They will stay with her at the condo. Pray for my bil during this time.
I really enjoyed the cave last week end. I have another thing marked off my bucket list. I'm not hard to please.
Went to the doctor's office and saw the APN with an ear ache. She couldn't see the ear drum because of impacted ear wax. I'm using Debrox for 7
days the I go back to let her check it again. Something is going on in there
I'll be back for personals later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-18-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #35  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Quickie post for me. About to head into the shower and then off to the podiatrist this morning. I hope he can do something about this foot as it is making my entire leg achey. I have a conflict with yoga starting next week at the same time as my writing class. I really like the writing class - thinking of maybe cancelling yoga until January. I am sort of gimpy right now anyway but sometimes I think that means I need to work more on things. I have a few days to think about it as class starts next week.

Laura - glass you are feeling slightly human again. Those viral things can be 10 times as nasty as the other stuff. Did the sneezing push the infection into your eyes? I hope you are not all weepy and stuff. Ugh - poor girl. Maybe they will leave you alone and you will get a seat by yourself on the train Don't blame you for swapping out the microwave - I saw the convection ones too and not sure that was needed. I LOVE the small top oven in my new stove. Have not used the bottom part (convection) yet. The little oven is just what I need most of the time. And I don't have to bend down too far and stick my face in the hot oven like the old witch that I am I hope you have the energy to get through the work day. Drink lots of tea!!!

Ceejay - bummer on the niece coming back. Glad your Sis is giving you consideration with dibs in the house. Sounds like you really enjoyed the caves. Good for you for getting out and seeing some of the sights!

Good morning to the rest of you lot - I need to get going here. Have a good Thursday everyone!!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #36  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Finally Friday....at last.

I am just going to say, I don't know if C and I are going to make it. Two steps forward, one step back. Still working on it and continued prayers much appreciated.

Last night we moved some boxes out of the garage and over to Pia and Mike's back garage. It is a two car sized building with only walk in doors. No garage door. This was my parent's house and my dad used it for his shop. I can now get my car into the garage again.

Dinner was at Red Lobster. C had a gift card from his BD. Didn't cover it all but we bought for SIL and Samantha also. I had a combo plate of grilled shrimp on a stick, baked salmon, and lobster. Broccoli and a salad. Broccoli was not cooked long enough for me so I did not eat it. Like they just opened a bag and dumped it on the plate. Bleh.

Another dept on my floor took a job elimination hit. I will be losing my friend Olivia. One of the ones that turned me on to KETO WOE. We have become friends through this. She was the credit manager for Indiana. Hating this.

HAPPY...how did the pod doc appt go? Anything they can do to make you comfortable/better? The joys of growing old. Don't you just love changes in plans that no one tells you about. The senior center should be more grateful for you. Well so should all the other volunteering places you serve. Of course the volunteers are the last to be thanks or recognized. Kind of like support positions. Glad the arthritis class was better than you thought and thanks for sharing the tips.

CEEG...nice of your sis to have your back about your niece moving back. The cave pics were very cool. I have been to that cave before. There is also one in New Mexico that is the ultimate of caves.

LAURA...hope you are feeling back to normal. That stuff can take a toll on you especially as I age it seems to be worse to deal with. How is your eye? Nice to have the old type of microwave that you like. I would miss the speed buttons for sure.

Have a marvelous weekend all.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #37  

Morning all.

I was out sick again yesterday and am back to work today. The Walgreens clinic said I have conjunctivitis (pinkeye) and prescribed eyedrops every 2 hours. They also did a quickie strep test and that came up negative. Spent yesterday keeping up with the eyedrop regimen. And the other OTC meds.

Feeling semi-human, but nowhere near “well”. This virus just seems to be in a stall. Bleh. Was hoping to just spend the day in my cube, but I have a meeting this morning. Actually, it’s a conference call, so I think I’ll participate via phone instead of joining the others in person. The topic (update meeting) doesn't seem to require any direct involvement from me, so that should be fine.

That’s about it for me. I’m going to skip personals and try to get caught up here. Hugs (virtual & germ-free) to all who need them.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #38  

Morning,
Not much going on in my little world. Worked outside yesterday afternoon and will again this afternoon. Catching up on my weed eating. Ear is doing much better.

--------
Annie
Sending you good vibes and prayers for you and C. Hope things work out for you two.

Happy
How did the podiatrist visit go? Any volunteering this week? I think the niece coming home is really stressing out my sister though she will not admit it.

Laura
Hope you are over your illness. It's no fun to be sick.

Susie
Hi, Is work still hectic?

This is about its for me. The maple trees are really getting pretty down here. and the weather is on a roller coaster ride which means heat at night and air conditioner during the day.
Forgot to mention that I had to go to the court house in down town Springfield. With the help of gps I made it just fine. Other people have been telling me that is the hardest place to get to but I actually had no trouble.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-20-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #39  
Choose your hard

Good morning fine ladies of the world,

Today is supposed to be GLORIOUS as far as the weather goes. Just the last perfect day of the year. Touching on 70 here. Rain tomorrow and cold, seasonal fall weather with below freezing and night and 50's dipping to a high of 40's from Sunday on down. I have some new sweaters - eager to wear, not so eager for the cold to return. ALTHOUGH that means the end to those pesky stinkin' bitin' sons 'o devil Asian beetles that are the plague of the world. I wanted to go out and take another ride today but DH suggested we stay and do things around the house - take advantage of weather things like the hot tub he drained needs to be cleaned and refilled, pine needles need to be gathered but not burned yet as it is too dry and fire danger is high. That's ok - yesterday we took the afternoon after the doctors appointment to drive around the area - there are lots of farms which means there are LOTS of rickety old barns for DH to take pictures of - and he did. We stopped at a cheese shop and picked up about 4 packages of cheese. I have a maple cheddar I am eager to try with the apples I have. DH skipped out on Bingo yesterday as a bit of a protest to what's going on. People asked about him, I said he was staying home and watching the Cubbies get trounced in their last game of the playoffs. Can't win when you lack the pitching to strike out the other team... The Thrift Shop is in disarray again - I will return to working next Tuesday afternoon - I do like very much the lady I will work with so it will be ok and on the afternoon shift I don't have to deal with the morning crazies that get me so frustrated. There was a crisis on Monday and I walked in right before closing to save the day and one lady said I looked calmer and happier. I said I was - avoiding the drama in the shop for 3 weeks did my psyche a whole lot of good. Sometimes you just have to step away...

The doctor was very nice. He had me stand up and said - oh yeah. Once you stand your whole foot collapses. I have tendonitis and plantar fascitis. I need a bra for my foot to support it Actually he is going to send me a pair of arch supports in the mail and said if that doesn't help they will make me orthotics. They also took x-rays of my foot just to make sure nothing is cracked in there. I never walk barefoot - haven't for 20 years since I started having problems with my feet. I'm thinking perhaps my old slippers I wear alot in the house are long past their expiration date. I will dig through my closet and find my old pair of shoes that had my custom orthotics from a couple of years ago. I didn't think they really did anything. The point is to get the inflammation and swelling down for now and then prevent further flares with the extra support in the shoes. And I ALWAYS (except for the slippers) wear good, supportive shoes. I gave up wearing the crocs too. Annoying getting old... I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks - they wanted to give me a chance to receive the arch supports and try them to see if they made a difference. I am not sure if I am happy or sad that they did not give me a cortesone shot.

Annie - my heart and prayers go out to you I can understand, trying to sort so much through your head to decide where is your path going forward in life and who do you walk it with. I hope you will make the right decision for yourself and that you get some divine intervention to help you decide. Only you can choose what is right - we will support you no matter what. Unless you decide to move on and take up with some goofball - then we will have to steal Mel's rolling pin and use it on you. Are you still going to counselling / finding it useful at all? I'm sorry you have also lost a buddy at work. It must be very tough in the office environment in today's working world. If you work at a small place there is nepotism and favoritism and if you work at a large place, the sword is always hanging over people's heads. No wonder people are so darn stressed out. As for volunteering - much like my new freezer I have changed my approach to things. I am not going to set aside my precious time just in case I am needed. I will go on with my life and when they call me last minute, I probably won't be available. Hope you can get out this weekend and get a few more things done while the weather is still nice.

I'm hungry so I think I will eat something healthy rather than waiting until I am starving and grab anything in sight. Hope you all have a good weekend. I will check back later.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #40  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...pink eye stinks. THe bright side is once you have the meds for it, it does go away quickly. Use the weekend to rest up and feel better. Don't push yourself.

CEEG...glad your ear is getting better. Sometimes built up wax can make your ear hurt as well. Maybe nothing going on but that. Glad you could get out and move around in the bit of nice weather we have left.

HAPPY...thank you for addressing the C and me issue. Your words are always comforting and true. I love you for that. The counseling is helping more than I thought it would but still need to keep going. About the time to go back the next week I am needing counseling. Tomorrow is a busy day so it should keep my mind busy. Going to a craft show with my SIL, Cindy. Then Jacob's 6th bd party is at 3:00p at our little tiny itty bitty house that is getting smaller. Yikes. Then I am supposed to go with my SIL, Pia to watch a band play. The drummer is the drummer that was in Michael's band. Sunday is church and whatever follows.

Hugs all.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #41  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad it is Friday. Tomorrow is to be a beautiful day and we are going to the Cincinnati Zoo. I so hope I get to see Fiona!

We are taking our friends' girls that we call the Nieces, with us. We are taking the twins. It is a part of their birthday present that I promised to them in June. We had to wait until Fiona could be in the public and that came around late July and then the summer was crazy so we are doing it this Saturday. I think we will have a lot of fun.

I am happy to report a 2 lb loss at TOPS last night. It's been awhile since I had a big loss like that. Almost to 75 lb lost with TOPS and 65 since the day after Christmas 2016.

Laura: I hope the viral illness clears up soon and the pink eye sooner.

Happy: I was laughing out loud when I read the statement you need a bra for your foot. It seems that EVERYTHING seems to droop the older we get!

Ceejay: I love hearing all about the new adventures you are doing, like the cave....we spend so much of our life working and not doing the small stuff and the small stuff is what makes life fun!

I hope the wax issue clears up soon. My FIL has an awful time with wax build up.

Anne: I really hope you and C make it. I know it is hard to move on sometimes from things that have happened and life changes all of us. The question you have to ask yourself (and I had to do this at one point in my marriage) is, "are we worth the effort and is he willing to make the effort too".

Counseling is hard but so very worth it, whichever way things go. You learn a lot about yourself in counseling.

Hi to Shad.

I'll see you all later this weekend.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #42  

Morning
I'm trying to get into a routine but that is a hard thing to do when you don't have schedule to keep. I'm getting there.
I've cut my hair again, sigh but on the bright side it will grow back out. It's extremely short. Yes I know I should have gone to a hair salon. My anxiety level has been extremely bad this week. Piano didn't help this time. Trying to get my mind off things.

---------
Susie
Congratulation on the 75 pounds weight loss. I'm so happy for you
Old 10-21-2017, 05:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hello to all,

Been a busy week or so - well that's my excuse. My dear neighbour has gone into the depths of depression and is talking of selling her house and going into a unit. She is a keen gardener and the units don't have gardens or if they do, they are tended by staff or contractors. She is already so far down and suicidal I worry for her. So I have been going over there every day and checking up on her. It all takes time out of my day which is full anyway.

Today is the first fine day we have had for a while so I will get out there when I am done with this and weed and fertilise. Rain due back tomorrow. I am not complaining about the rain - we get so little of it, but it is nice to see the sun again and know that the soil will be damp for a while and we won't have to water everything. The last of the garden is coming along. I have let the lettuces and mini broccoli and cauliflowers go to seed so they will renew themselves later in the year. The tomatoes are done. Good crop this year and most of them self sown so they were free. Nothing like free veges straight out of the garden. Corn and beans will be ready soon too and then I will dig over, fertilise and heavily mulch the garden and leave it until about February when it will be time to start planting again.

Next week seems to be medical week or rather look after Shad week really. Dentist, Ear and hearing aid check, GP for a renewal of prescription and eye check. Then we are into November. November, December and January I have hospital appointments to check on the state of health following last years operations and chemo. Yep it is a year since all that went on. I've been having blood tests done over the year through my GP (my insistence not the GP or specialists) and they have all come out with no signs of recurrence so hopefully all is going well and I will get an A+ for health after the hospital checks. The cancer specialist comes up first and then the neurologist who is going to look at the state of my hands and finally something new that arrived in the mail last week - a Haematologist. Well hallelujah. Wonder what he/ she is going to check? Blood of some description. I say he/ she because it is a name about 14 letters long (for both first and second names) and I have much difficulty in pronouncing it, much less work out whether it is he or she. I only hope I can understand the accent.

Sunday the cat came home in her little urn last week. She is now with Shad the dog and Gunbo the German Shepherd in the family archives. Romeo the cat is following me around - worse than Ruger the dog really. He's a little on the dim side occasionally. Followed me right into the shower the other day and then squawked when he got wet. We will be going out into the yard soon so he will be there checking out the planting and the tools again.

Ceejay - are you stressed because the niece is coming back? Whose house is it anyway and who has the better right to live in it? I'm not sure I understood all that bit previously. Does your sister own it or does she look after it and rent it out for a family member? Do you have a lease on it? I know what you mean about not having a schedule to keep. I make a list of things to be done either daily or weekly and cross them off as the item is achieved. I tend to try to fit it all into a 5 day week and have the weekend free to go somewhere or do something special. Doesn't always work and weather is a factor, but I get most of it done. Once a month or so I try to get out and about to somewhere I haven't been for a while or somewhere I haven't been at all. Can be a big drive away or just a trip to a shopping mall. But it is my time.

Annie - so sad to hear that you and C are having problems like this. You have a lot on your plate with having kids shift in, looking after the grandchildren, tending to house and garden, work and C and his problems both healthwise and his family. Susie gave some good advice - think about it carefully and make the decisions rational but not without consideration to heart, head, health and happiness factors. I can honestly say that family moving back into the parental house is not without it's pitfalls and problems. Particularly if they bring partners and/ or children with them. Been there, done that, got the heartache that went with it. Happy also hit it on the head with her remark that we will support you 100% regardless of whatever happens unless it is goofball time again. My advice would be for the 2 of you to go away for a weekend without anyone else. Let them all fend for themselves for a couple of days. You may be able to sort through a few things without having to sort out kids arguments, requests for food, worrying about the extended family and other stresses that come with everyday life.

Susie - Well done on the 2lb loss. It is just rolling off you. Not without hard work and dedication I might add. 75lbs is amazing. Well done you. Wise words for Annie. A lot of hard work has to go into maintaining a relationship. It is very rewarding when it all works out but **** on earth when it doesn't.
Enjoy the Zoo. Say hi to Fiona from me. She has done well and is so cute.

Laura - Hope you are feeling much better now. We had a flu epidemic over here this winter. Worst there has been for years and years. My doctor was encouraging me to have a flu shot but I resisted because a: I never have one and b: I only get flu once every 4 or 5 years and I had it a couple of years back so wasn't due again yet. DS2 got it and his partner. There were something like 4500 cases in Brisbane that got taken to hospital. Some would have stayed home and were not counted unless they went to their own doctors. Several elderly and young actually died from it. So take it easy and look after yourself and try to protect yourself from a recurrence since your immunity will be down. DS2's partner got it twice.

Happy - Some lovely pictures of barns and autumn colours from your DH on facebook lately. So pretty. He sure can frame his shots.
Glad that you are stepping back from the drama at the shop. It will do you no end of good to know you are helping out with people you like and not having to put up with the egos of stupidity.
Hope this round of appointments and things for the foot produce a positive result and you get back to being able to walk without pain. It's never inducive to exercise when you are in pain.

Right - I am off to make a cuppa, sort out my to do list for today, check on the weekly list and see if I have missed anything and just get on with it. Too beautiful a day to hang about on the computer and the weeds are growing before my eyes. There is a rubbish clean up on next week so I need to sort out things the council will take away and get it out of my hair. That might empty the shed up somewhat.

Last edited by Shad; 10-21-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #44  
Annie - Indiana

Hey All....

Had a nice weekend with family. Saturday was Jacob's 6th birthday party. Chris and Ainsley came and were very nice to everyone, even me. Samantha did tell him in advance to put on his big boy boxers and be nice prior to coming. All went well.

Sunday was church then we went to Waterman's Farm Market for the fall festival. We rode the hay wagon to the pumpkin field and picked out 5 pumpkins. Smaller sized ones as we had to carry them back to the car. We got 5 pumpkins for 9 bucks. That was the only deal there was was cause everything else was outrageously priced. Got two green (not ripened) pumpkins and 3 oranges ones. Very nice.

Well crud, I will be back to finish.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Started a post over the weekend and never got round to finishing it.

Friday I saw that our favorite Italian restaurant was having Eggplant Parmesan as their special so I booked us a reservation and we had a mighty fine meal. The food is always good but that night it was especially tasty. Saturday we were supposed to go to the apple farm but the day started out with heavy rains. So we decided to put it off until Sunday. Once we made that decision (and a second cup of coffee), the skies cleared and the darn sun came out. WTH??? I looked at the radar and what was a mass of thunderstorms 10 minutes earlier was now a giant clear spot. Mother Nature is jerking me around. So I decided, let's go to the farm. They had some wonderful baked goods - right up DH's alley. We got the last apple pie (wonderful), a few donuts, some fruit turnovers, some apple caramel cookies - outside of 2 mini turnovers and 2 donuts - that was all DH's haul. He is like a kid in a candy store when it comes to sweets. I did get a big bag of fresh cranberries and a bag of Sweet 16 variety apples - they are on the softer texture like Golden Delicious apples but sweet for eating. Quite nice. They paired well with some cheese we picked up on a drive in the country on Thursday after my podiatrist appointment. Got home to the return of the rain so we just took it easy at home. My foot is really bothering me alot. I am doing everything I can to try and ease it up but I have found that feet heal the slowest so just have to deal with it.

I decided to skip yoga for this upcoming semester. Yoga does conflict with some other classes/committments I have going on - I just think I need to attend to some other things right now and let the foot rest up. The class was full so I sent an email to the teacher so that she can let others know in case someone wants my spot - there are always ladies who wait until the last minute and this session fills up early September. I have some wonderful recipes for cranberry pear apple sauces and compotes and such. Going to work on them today and tomorrow. Talked to my sister alot over the weekend - we are starting to have conversations about whether Mom can stay by herself much longer. It's going to be a pain getting rid of her house and if we can do it on our own time, would be better. There is some nice senior housing only 2 minutes from my sister's house. A 2 bedroom apartment single level would be great for her - she would be close enough to check on / assist and could be on her own. Would be much easier on my sister too. With the house and the bit of savings Mom has - that would last about 3 years of independent living we figure. Hope and pray to God that she never needs expensive assisted living but like life, we can't be fretting over what might happen, need to deal with the present. Nothing has to be done right away, but we do need to start thinking about it and considering options.

Our beautiful weather has gone - rain moving in and they are talking about the dreaded S word tomorrow and Friday. Just light stuff but it may make an appearance. I do feel sorry for the animals - it was 70 degrees last week and will dip below freezing now. I would hate to have to live outside - not even a coat to wear

Annie - glad you had a good birthday party and weekend. J is getting so big. R still has a bit of babyish in him - so hard to let them grow up. Glad everyone behaved themselves. I hope counselling is going well - I wish sometimes we could engage in that but DH is very anti telling strangers about his personal life (hey - who better not to judge long term???) and also there is the thing that like most guys he is fixed in his opinion and it is hard for him to see things from another's (mine) point of view, especially if he does not agree with me. There is always that "oh you shouldn't feel that way" dismissive thing that shuts me down. What can you do? Deal with it until you don't want to deal with it anymore... Anyway, I digress. Green pumpkins, eh? Not sure I saw those anywhere as we have pumpkins and gourdes all over for sale now. I told DH we need to pick up a bunch more - they were everywhere the last few days. The deer LOVE them and he was not motivated to stop and get any so the deer will lose out because they won't last much longer... Since you are not feeding deer with yours are you carving them or just setting them out whole as decorations?

Shad - good of you to help out your neighbor. Is there any specific reason for the depression or just a general down about things? I hope she can find her joy again (no pun intended). My you have quite a vegetable plot in the yard. A bit of this and that. I agree that it's nice when things self sow and come back. Do you grow rocket or is it too warm for it? Thank you for the kind words about DH's pictures. He really enjoys the photography and it keeps him busy. Gives him something new to learn and work on - good for the brain. I am glad that you are getting a clean bill of health. That year passed rather quickly it seems. Glad to have it under your belt and done with. You seem to be rather busy in retirement also. Are you doing things you enjoy since you seem to have your time taken up with helping people and unplanned renovations around the house! Are you getting the bug to travel again as you have been at home base for longer than you usually have been. Or are you glad to be settled in?

Ceejay - oh no - you pulled a DH move with your hair (self cutting too short). Yes it will grow back but things tend to slow down this time of year. At least hat season in in. I know what you mean about getting a routine. My Mom said that years ago when she first retired. When you are working you have to keep a routine to get things done but when you have all the time to do things, you tend to fluff things off and say I can do it tomorrow and then it doesn't happen. I also feel the out of sorts, get back on track need. So there is goodness in a routine. Make yourself a schedule and put it on the microwave or bath mirror so you see it first thing in the morning and it pops in your head.

I just checked the calendar and realized that I forgot to go to a Thai cooking class I signed up for this past Saturday It was an unusual thing so I didn't give much thought to it. That was $20 thrown away.

Susie - I hope you had a wonderful time at the zoo. Loved the pictures on FB. 75 pounds down - that is incredible. Congratulations. Do you have to buy new winter coats now? I hope you don't have quite as busy crazy a week at work like you did.

Laura - how are the eyes doing? I hope you got alot of rest over the weekend and are doing better today. Viral things suck big time.

My wrist seems to be resting on something on my laptop that is making my hand go numb so I'm going to get off the computer and get something accomplished before my 3pm Stepping On class today. I actually remembered to do my exercises most (but not all days). I told my Mom about them too - she seemed interested by my sister said she is good at giving lip service.

Anyway - have a good start to your week. Stay warm.