Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 08:04 AM   #16  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh Sylvia, I'm always lurking around these parts. Keeping up with all you thinsters! Well, keeping up with your posts anyway. Weight loss -- well, that's another issue. Grumble. Grumble.

Anyway Ms. Sylvia, take care of yourself. No kids myself but I've heard from mothers with colicky babies. But enjoy your little bundle while you can. Soon he'll be a teenager and then asking to borrow the car!

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you....

Kim, I'm with you. Scale's moving in the wrong direction. I keep "starting over" but it doesn't seem to take. Again, I'm grumblin'.

Peggy!!!! I remember you!! Do you remember me!?!

Pretty cool that some of us ol' AWOL's can come back and feel welcome.

Having said that, I have to go. Work stops for no woman! Will check in again, I promise.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:15 AM   #17  

{{{HUGS}}} Sylvia!! Feel free to email me if you need to vent. I'm here for you. Oh, I'd be interested in doing the swap as well. Email me or PM me if you want my mailing addy (any of you gals).
Old 09-30-2003, 01:21 AM   #18  

Howdy Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. Baby has been VERY fussy today so I'm very tired today and will try to post more tomorrow when he has calmed down (my husband has him at the moment so that I can check my e-mails). I did manage to calm him (the baby) down by putting him in his carrier and walking around the block a couple of times...so I am getting some exercise. The interesting thing is that when I stop walking or go home, he starts to cry. Oh well, I know this is just a phase (I hope) and it will get better. At least he likes the fresh air and seeing his Mommy get some exercise!

Sorry, I'm falling asleep. Will post more tomorrow!

A big hug to all!

Sleepy Sylvia
Old 09-30-2003, 01:23 AM   #19  

I saw that Sam (Dreamer) had posted on Thread#99....here is her post!

Sylvia

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Dreamer

Hello one and all
Hi everyone

Sam here, long time no talk!

Sylvia, congratulations on the arrival of Nico! And of being skinnier than when you got pg, how on earth did you do that? My baby Josephine is now 1 (can you believe it?) and I'm still about 6 pounds above pre-pregnancy and about 13 above goal. Ah well Anyway congrats on Nico, I checked out the photos at the website and he's gorgeous!

Jo, so sorry to hear you had to have surgery - are you recovering okay?

Judy, Sharon, CC, Synger- I went back and read the last few threads quickly, so nice to see so many familiar names! Hope you are all well.

Well I'm doing okay over here down under Though I totally need to start getting healthy again. I've been fighting post-natal depression since February now and I think the only way I'm going to come out the other side is to get my energy back. With a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and working, I definitely need my energy!

Anyway, I'll be back. Hugs to all
Sam
Old 09-30-2003, 11:41 AM   #20  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. The weeks seem to speed by and I can't figure out why all my work isn't done.

We are STILL renovating the house. Jello...how have your renovations turned out? We are still in one great BIG huge mess. Everywhere. Last weekend we gutted one of our bedrooms and the en suite. This weekend will be a Trading Spaces weekend...putting it all back together. I have assembled the team that needs to help, the carpenter/plumber/electrician (hubby) is booked for the job and we are planning to finish by Sunday evening. We have company coming for Christmas, so we have to have the main floor, including that bedroom, finished by then.

This past year has been wild for us. When all the kids moved out, I pestered hubby to buy me a puppy, especially when he was travelling a lot and I was home alone. He finally conceded last year, so phoned a breeder and arranged to buy me a puppy. Two weeks after the puppy came home, one of the kids moved home. That was OK cause then we had a 'babysitter' if we went away. Since then, another son came home, c/w his dog and girlfriend. Final total in the house is 5 adults and 2 dogs.
And here we thought we were becoming empty nesters...

Hubby also changed jobs this past year, so isn't travelling overseas the same amount. Now he is home underfoot all the time, as well. I guess there is no peace for the wicked. Hmmmm - where did that come from? On top of that we moved my mother into a home, he wrote his thesis, I finished a degree and we all kept our sanity. At least I think we did.

I'm so glad that I am back here again. This forum seems to be my encouragement to lose weight. I did soooo very well when I was posting regularly, and lost all focus last year when I did not have time to read and post. I'm glad all is well with everyone... and even new babies have arrived. Congratulations!

This past week has seen a 3 lb. loss, so that is in the right direction. I have plans to be at a reasonable weight by Christmas. I want to get back into that bikini by then. We are also planning a trip to either Thailand or UAE in February, so it would be nice to be in the bikini in Thailand. Not much hope for that in UAE, I guess.

Well, I should get back to work here. Time's a wasting.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:22 PM   #21  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Wow, I didn't realize I had been away from this thread for so long - almost 3 weeks! Yikes! Sorry ...... Lots going on ... my sister has gone back to California - was sure wonderful seeing her and being with her for a while. Ive been off my feet for the last couple weeks as I had a bad fall and twisted my ankle very badly. The swelling has gone down now, but still hurts to walk on it ... each day it gets a little better. And .... that wonderful spa sure does help! Its so wonderful - I recommend it to everyone!

Sweet tooth: So good to see you again! Welcome back! You have certainly been missed. I thin 20 lbs by xmas is doable - especially for you, you always seem to be able to lose your weight when you want to. I've been doing low carb and I have been able to lose 13 lbs on it ... but am at a bit of a stand still right now cuz I am not being really strict lately. But the good thing is I have not put back any of the lbs I lost. Guess I'll have to get really strict with myself again for a while. So glad to see you posting with us again.

Dreamer: You too girl! Great to see you in here again. Boy your kids are really growing eh? Gosh, I remember when you were just pregnant with your 1st - now your 2nd one is already a year old!

Slyvia: Welcome to the world of "parenthood" - believe me, it just keeps getting better! lol ...... I hope your little one is getting less fussy now and sure do hope you and him are sleeping more. I know it's rought sometimes, but this will pass. I want to be included in the xmas card list .. Here's my info: Carol Lemon, 631 S. Rembrandt, Royal Oak, MI 48067 ............ and yes, I am just about finished with shopping, and some of it is already wrapped.

Desiree: Do you have that bag all packed yet? Time is getting close for you now. How are you feeling? I'll put up a special page for you too when your little one arrives. I will have to pm you so I can get your address for the xmas card list.

Kim & Jello: Hang in there both of you on your wt gains ... you will get back in the grove of losing again - cuz you WANT to, right?

Sharon: I've been really bad on emailing lately - actually haven't been on the computer much ... sounds like you had a great time at the car show (NOT!) hahahaha ... believe me, it's a "man's thing" ... Even our firetruck events gets old with me, except for the people that is. Im sorry we didn't have this spa when you guys were here cuz you would absolutely love it! Well, we have it now so the next time you visit you can enjoy it too! I will be emailing you soon - maybe even calling you (youv'e been warned - haha) ... did you have a good time with Tracey and Bret in Orlando? How are they doing?

OK ... if I missed anyone I apologize ... I'll catch ya next time I post (soon I hope)...

Later...
Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 10-03-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:42 PM   #22  
CJ

I forgot to tell ya all that we had our first snowfall at the cabin yesterday ... completely covered the ground!

PS: here's a pic of me in my new hot tub spa ...
Old 10-06-2003, 06:56 PM   #23  
CJ

Where is everyone??? Did I scare you off with my hot tub pic?? lol

Well, just checking in to see if anyone posted ... not much to add to my last posts ... getting ready to go home next week for a couple days .. granddaughter is getting married in Frankenmuth. She's pregnant - due in January. It seems nowadays the kids get pregnant first then get married! lol

I hope everyone is doing ok ... I'll check back later to see if anyone posted ...

Love, CJ
Old 10-10-2003, 02:05 AM   #24  

Hello Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello! I just put the baby down so God only knows how long he is going to sleep! I've been pretty busy ...my parents are out of the country and they usually watch my nieces while my sisters are at work...well guess who gets to watch them? Did you guess me? Yup, you guessed it. Let me just say that those of you with more than one child...((((bowing)))) I bow to you!! My goodness, that is a lot of work. Maybe it's because my Nico is only 2 months old and my nieces are 5 months and 8 years old. Yes, I did have my hands full(literally). Does lugging around a two month old in one arm and a five month old in the other count as exercise? I sure hope so.

CJ-HUBBA HUBBA! You just had to post and show us your spa...sure, rub it in!

Sweettooth-Good job on the 3 pound loss. No matter how small of a loss you have...it sure is better than a gain! Keep up the good work!

Desiree- I was going to e-mail you for your mailing address for the holiday cards but, I can't find it! You can e-mail me at [email protected] How are you feeling? You are almost due!! I sure hope that you have that bag packed!!

Sharon- How are you doing chickie? I got your e-mail the other day...((((((((SHARON)))))) You are a very sweet lady that deserves the best!!!

Jello- I know you are out there!!! I can hear you breathing! I hope you come in to post and let us know how you are doing. You always have such great posts! We miss you!!

Judy-You must be very busy with you Cures and your quilting. I hope you are doing well.

To anybody I missed, hugs to all of you!

I've got to run...I'm falling asleep as I type this!

Sylvia
Old 10-16-2003, 01:06 AM   #25  

Hi all!

I have 3 weeks and counting 'til my due date. Bag is mostly packed - all of the toiletries and socks and nightgowns are in there, now I just need to get some clothes in there too!

Sounds like everyone is tooting along here! I'll be back soon to update!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:43 AM   #26  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hi Guys!

Hi there,
Sorry I didn't post before. Just been going all the time as usual. I got back from my trip to Orlando to meet Air Force daughter, Tracy and her husband, Brett. I had so much fun, being never been to Disney before I loved it. But Trace ran out butts off big time, running from one ride and show to the next. But what fun, didn't do too badly when I came back at WW. Did some pretty good eating there and only had a 2.4 lb gain, which last week I lost 3 lbs so took it off again. Not too bad I thought for all that fun and good seafood, park food ect.

Desiree-Bags all packed now and ready to go? I am soo happy for you, that little one will be here before you know it. 3 more weeks, that isn't long at all and you will be holding that precious new life. I can't wait, yes come on back and update us to what is going on and how you are feeling, ect. Can't wait till you post again and let us know the scoop. Hope you are feeling well and everything is going great for you and you family. Oh yes, I would like your email addy too. Mine is [email protected]. This is also for anyone else who would like to email me too.

Sylvia-Thanks for the sweet pictures of little Nico you have been sending. My gosh girlfriend, he is getting so big and when I compare the most recent picture to the 1st one, he is not so much a newborn and looking like the cutest baby I ever saw now. My gosh he is such a handsome guy. Oh my gosh, Sylvia, you are not only watching Nico, but your sisters kids too? My gosh how do you do it with a 2 month AND a 5 month. How brave are you? LOL Well the good thing is that I would think the 8 year old would be a help in even fetching things, diapers and other things for you. Hope I am right and she is a big help. I remember when I had 4 and my oldest, Kelly was 7 and then there was Tracy, 5, Dan, 2 and than Alan, who was a newborn. Man if it wasn't for Kel, I don't know what I would do, she was such a big help and Tracy the 5 year old just caused all kind of trouble. She was sure a little devil though. Although she is the one who is a sargent in the Air Force and just got married and she has turned into the greatest kid ever. So hang on and you will do fine. How long will you be watching them all together? Yes I would say all the running around you do with them should count for some exercise don't you? LOL Thanks for the kind thoughts, saying I am a sweet lady. I hope I am. But you are a sweetheart too, helping your sister out like that is a wonderful thing you are doing and I know your family really appreciate everything you do for them and visa versa.

CJ-Hey there chickie. Loved your picture of you sitting in your new hot tub. I still say why didn't you get that when Ken and I were there? We should have gone out and got one right than and there. HA HA So you are going to Frankenmuth for you grandaughters wedding? What a wonderful spot and you can be sure you will have one of those wonderful chicken dinners they are noted for. I just loved when we used to go there. Have a great time, when is the wedding? Sorry about your ankle and hope that by now with the help of that wonderful hot tub it is feeling better and you are walking around as usual. Got you recent email to me, sorry I lost it. One of those brain dead moments. But I will answer you real soon. You little brat! Almost DONE with your Christmas shopping, my gosh I haven't even started as usual. LOL Well good for you though, I know how many you have to buy for. Grandkids and all, me? Well no grandkids yet so much easier for me. Well hurry and finish up so you can rub it in that you are ALL DONE! LOL

sweetooth-Boy I'll bet you are sooo glad that your house is almost done now. I'll bet it looks great too. So now you have 5 adults and 2 dogs there eh? Sounds like fun to me. We have my 22 yr old son AND my mildly retarted brother, Jerry who has lived with us for going on 2 yrs here, PLUS 4 cats and a cocketiel bird who runs the roost around here, pecking the kitties noses if they get too close. I swear it is like a zoo around here, but I really do love it and wouldn't change it for the world. How long is the happy couple plus doggie going to be living there? Look at it this way at least there is more excitement in the home now. LOL Congratulations Peggy, on finishing you degree. With all you have going on, that is really great. Kudo's to you! Just stick with us and we will all be wearing bikini's for the holidays. We will do this together. Good for you with your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Dreamer-Sorry about you having to fight Post Natal Depression. You can beat this Sam. You hit the nail on the button and I think that a big part of beating this is to exercise. I know from experience that will make you feel great afterwards. I know it is hard to try and make time for yourself but please try and do this. You deserve some time to yourself, no matter what. Let us know how you are doing, we are here for you, we truely are. My gosh your daughters are getting so big, the baby is already 1? Amazing. And how old is the oldest? Isn't her name Charlotte? She must be almost ready for school by now eh? I know you are a great Mom, I just know it. Post again and let us know how you and you family are doing. I always love when you post with us. Miss you and love you lots.

Judy-Hey chickie where the heck are you? You have been MIA for awhile. What are you doing with yourself? How is you Curves going for you? I hope you are enjoying it. Post and let us know how you are doing. Miss you lots and lots!

Jello-Hey nice to hear from you. Lurking around or not, miss you!You hang in there with you weight. Don't worry I know you will get where you want to be yet. It just takes time, look at me been going to WW for like 4 years and only half way to my goal. LOL Was closer last year, but gained half of that weight back again. This time I am doing it slow and steady and I keep plugging away at it. You are like me, travel quite a bit and love holidays and family gatherings ect and all of that involves eating. What else is there right? But we won't quit will we? We can do this Jo, we really can with the help of our group. Keep on posting with us and we will get there I promise.

Kim-You too hang in there and don't let the weight gain get you down. You just pick yourself up and start all over again. Bit by bit, you can do this Kim, I know you can. I know you have been going through alot with your hubby and everything else. But please take things one day at a time and try to make the best of a situation. Fight this Kim! We are here for you! Don't ever give up, you can do this. You are a wonderful person and we love you. Keep on posting with us and let us know how you are doing and sorry for all you have gone through lately. It has to get better for you and I hope it does soon. Take care of yourself and remember to make time for yourself always.

Julie-Hey girlfriend, where are you? I miss you, so come on back and post with us and let us know how you are doing on that new South Beach Weight Loss Plan you are on. Don't be shy now, just get in here and post and let us know. I hope you and Niles have lost lots of weight on this plan. I am sure you are doing great on it. Sounds like a good plan to me from what I have heard and seen about it. Get in here right now. LOL

Well better get going here. I got up early this morning. Like 5 AM, one of our cats, our orange tabby, Taz was beside me doing pushy pushy-that is kneading me like some dough on my armpit. LOL So I couldn't go back to bed for the life of me after that. LOL Have lots to do, going to Ohio with my childhood girlfriend and her hubby to where they camp. Luckily they have a travel trailer and we should be fine, cold weather and all. I just love fall camping the best, not too hot and hopefully not too cold. LOL There is an Amish city nearby and we will go there on Saturday for dinner and some shopping. Should be fun, I am looking forward to it.

Take care guys and hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Love you, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 10-17-2003 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:18 PM   #27  

Here is a belly pic my mom took on 9-26-03. Don't you moms just miss this???

http://www.twoweekslate.com/dez04.jpg
Old 10-20-2003, 02:23 AM   #28  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm just popping in for a quick hello. The baby is asleep so I thought I would do a quick post. I went in for my postpartum exam....I am 10 lighter than my prepregnancy weight. That really made my day. I also got the go ahead to go back to Curves. I just need to figure out what time to go so that my husband can watch the baby.

Sharon-Glad to hear that you had fun at Disney World. I've been to Disneyland but not Disney World. Yes, my little Nico is turning into quite the little gentleman. His looks change every day...Marcel and I are always asking each other "who does he look like today?" I will be watching my sisters' kids until my parents come back...God only knows when that will be. They said a month but they say that every time they go and they wind up staying for a couple of months. At least Nico gets to be around kids and won't feel like an only child. You are a very special lady...thank you for calling me a sweetheart.

Desiree- Girl you are in the home stretch!! Just remember to breathe! Great belly pic...I do miss being pregnant!

Darn, the baby woke up.

A big hello to all of you that I didn't mention!

Hugs to all-
Sylvia
Old 10-24-2003, 03:03 AM   #29  

I'll try to remember, Sylvia.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:36 AM   #30  

Hello Ladies!

Where is everyone?
Closed Thread