Old 05-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default May for the Worldlies. Better things to come.

Brain is not fizzing this morning with titles for posts. Let's hope May will bring weight loss, and other good things for us.

To go back to the April thread click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ril-rains.html
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #2  

Morning all,
Not much to report here. We've had rain and fog this morning. I think it is expected to be the same for the rest of the day. No wind and it isn't cold so everything is coming up rosy. Apart from my rose garden that is which is neglected and weedy. Time to get into it today I think. That is once I have tidied up the house from these very untidy people sharing it with me.

I'll be back later. Things to do. People to hack off.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Shad for setting up the new thread.

My friend and I had a great time last night at the swanky movie theatre. The food was very good and it was so nice to be able to sit, watch the movie and eat dinner.

We saw some people just having drinks and dessert or popcorn. We think we might do that next time. Because we had to wait for our pre-drink order (we could take it in with us though) They gave us free tickets to come back again. That was nice!

Today was church, cleaning the bathroom (I still didn't get to the dusting--will have to work on that a couple of nights this week).

I did take a nap and now I'm going to log on for work for about an hour just to make sure I have things nice and tidy for tomorrow A.M.

Ceejay: Good for you for getting on the bike for 10 min. That is a great start to the month. Keep it up!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 05-01-2016 at 07:45 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning/Evening All

So very glad last night is over....We had hellish hail storm and tornado warnings. Both of our phones went off with the warnings around 10 pm, then our ADT alarm system went off and about scared our socks off. We were not afraid, as storms do not scare me, but we did hold hands in just in case it took us away we would go together. It was all over in about 15/20 minutes, but wouldn't you know it was just as we were going to sleep. I will try to post a pic of the hail.

Gotta get this much posted and get to work.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:34 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

Default Hail

It was the size of a quarter and then all melted together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1578.jpg (71.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-02-2016, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
That's a bunch of hail. We are getting rain this morning.

Shad
Thanks for starting the new thread.

Susie
Glad you enjoyed the night out. Sounded like fun.

------
Back to work this morning. So far the rain is the main even. Oh and the guys are out in the lime room cleaning up their mess they left Friday afternoon. Someone dropped a wrench in the machine. What a mess!
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,
I got in ok - uneventful flight which is exactly what I wished for. Lots of rain down here. The last 2 days were a soggy mess. Last night we made a turkey dinner - delicious and then the storms moved in. Quite a heavy storm. My sister and I were both a bit worried about her father in law driving home in such a heavy downpour but there is no stopping him when he decides he wants to do something. So far things are going great - I am waiting my turn at the shower and we are going to go into the city and pick up Mom today and bring her back to stay at my sister's for the rest of the week. It's nice and sunny today - hoping it stays that way for a while. I can't run through the rain drops very fast! I surely don't miss the crowds and traffic out here but when we go into the stores - especially grocery stores - oooohhh I miss the shopping choices!

Thanks Shad for setting up the new thread. I hope we all do well this month in the health department. I am trying to walk as much as possible this week to make up for the good food. Not in excess of course but I am enjoying some favorites.

Sis just called out she is done in the bathroom so I have to go get ready. I will try and come back tonight after everyone settles down for the night - my sister goes to bed at 9:30 during a work night as she gets up with her husband to see him off and Mom quiets down around 10 so maybe I can have few minutes on the computer.

Ceejay - I guess that gives a whole new meaning to that saying "dropped a wrench in the works"

Later chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...glad you made it in ok. Enjoy your time with family. Remember to just smile a lot. lol

SHADDIE...thank you for setting up the new thread. ODDU will miss you when you go to your new assignment.

CEEG...the older I get the more working in the yard takes it out of me. Sheweee.

SUSIE...dusting is my least like of house cleaning. Must be moving all the stuff to dust the shelves then dusting the stuff. bleh.

Make it a great day all.

Hugs
Old 05-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #9  

Morning all. Back to work. Happy to see the sun again!

Shad – Thanks for setting up the new thread. Yes, I’m pretty sure doctoring up the plain yogurt is the way to go. Pretty flowers in your garden! I hope you’ve finally gotten a set yes/no and start date for this next job!

Michelle – I hope the injections went well and are bringing you relief.

Happy – Glad your travels went smoothly. Ugh, what a PITA with the calendars, but now you’re all set through 2017! Nice of your dh to help you save calories on your birthday dessert. As for the Lean Cuisine I didn’t like – well, there’s a lot of them, but this particular one was potstickers with rice. Yuck. The Yoplait Original I bought said it has 30% less sugar – we’ll see if it makes a difference. I brought one to work today. How did your ww weigh-in go last week? Enjoy your time here in town. Does your mom like staying at your sister’s house?

Annie – Yes, R looks ornery in that picture. That’ll be a keeper for the folks to show to his future spouse. Your AA meetings sound interesting – I’m sure the workshops will help you get the most out of AA. Glad the storms passed quickly. We just HATE the sound the tv makes when the emergency weather announcements come across – it startles the dog, and they are really loud and obnoxious.

Susie – I did get my pedicure on Friday. It was nice, but the next time I go, I’m going to make sure the fancy chair is set just perfectly for me! I definitely couldn’t figure out the remote on my own! I’m glad you liked the fancy movie theater. I’ve been to something like that once or twice, and I’d like to go again sometime.

Ceejay – Hope the wrench in the machine didn’t cause any major problems.

Hi Dee, if you’re lurking... C’mon back for a visit sometime!

==

My weekend was alright. The weather was a bummer, but oh well. Nothing to be done about it.

Friday morning I did a short ab workout that’s part of a step dvd I have. It worked - I felt it the next day! I also did a yoga workout dvd that was a freebie from McDonald’s way back when they were first introducing their entrée salads. I’ll be getting rid of that dvd – the instructor is a CGI person, not human, and didn’t provide enough guidance on proper form, etc. I have another one of those dvd’s that’s a strength workout. I’ll give it a go and see if it’s any better.

At noon I had my pedicure, and afterwards I picked up some dog treats at the pet supply store a couple doors down. After that it was lunch with bf, and then off to Costco for doggy’s rx. We also walked around a bit at Costco to see if they had any garden fountain kits, but nope. Then it was time to pack up and drive out to my friend’s house to stay overnight before heading out to Madison Saturday morning. We went out for dinner.

The next morning we drove up to Madison. We checked into our hotel, then checked out a small distillery near downtown. Then we had lunch, then went shopping at a couple places. It was raining and not a day for outdoor activities like the zoo or farmers market. Someday I will go to Madison when it’s not February (twice in the past) and when it’s not chilly & raining. The weather will be nice and I’ll get to go to the farmers market on the square (where the Capitol building is) and perhaps to the zoo and the botanical garden. And maybe there will be time to walk along the shore of one of the lakes and do some people watching…

In the evening we met up with our friends (two married couples) and we had dinner at an Irish pub/restaurant. It was nice. Usually after dinner we go back to the hotel and go in the pool and hot tub, but it was crowded with kids. D and I just came down to sit in the pool area to chat, while the others suited up and got in the hot tub. My lungs were already irritated by D's sister’s cat (the sister & her cat and 2 dogs live with her), and the chlorine in the pool area didn’t help matters any, so I went back up to the room after about 20 minutes.

Sunday morning we went down to the free breakfast for coffee/tea with one of the couples (the other couple lives about an hour north of Madison and didn’t stay overnight). We had a nice chat and put together a plan to try to get together to do something once a month. We’ll see how that turns out.

When we left the hotel, we headed to the Capitol area of town to meet D’s nephew for breakfast. He’s lived there for a year or two, and D had a couple items from his mom to drop off for him.

We drove back to D’s, and then I drove back home. I was home by about 2 pm. The rest of the day was ho-hum. I saw that Land’s End had a 40% off swimwear sale, so I ordered some swim shorts. I ordered two pair, one with a 5-inch inseam, one with a 9-inch inseam. Plain old black because I didn’t see any swim tops I liked enough to order from LE, so with black I’ll be able to easily find a top that matches elsewhere. I also ordered a pair of yoga pants. Everything’s on backorder, darn it, so I’ll be waiting a while for delivery.

Nothing much as to plans for the week, except for a hair appointment on Wednesday. Oh, have to order the protective film for my cell phone and some new earbuds.

That’s enough rambling for me, so I’ll finally get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:20 AM   #10  

argh, but I am tired. This mobile BP machine is a complete PIA. Might have to go to bed and start over tomorrow. Sorry, I will be back properly one day.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

Continuing Education class this morning for my insurance license. See you maybe later today or tomorrow for sure!

Hugs
Old 05-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #12  

Morning all. Looks like it's gonna be a nice spring day with temps more normal for the season. But then back to chilly for a couple days.

This morning I did part of a new dvd I'd bought from the dollar store a while back - The Firm - sculpt with abs. It's an hour dvd, but I only did about 20 min. I'll try to get to the rest of the dvd this week.

Tried to get a live person at the company for my cell phone screen protector film thingy to get a warranty replacement on it. Can't get a live person on the 800#, I get a 404 error for the link to the warranty replacement info, so I sent an email. I'll wait another day or two to see if I get a response, but I'm actually not enthused about jumping through hoops with this company. They used to have a kiosk in the big mall near me, and you just had to go there to get a replacement. Now there's no kiosk in our area, and I'd have to order it online, install it myself, and then go through some rigmarole to get a credit for the warranty replacement. It would just be easier to buy an inexpensive 3-pack of another brand that I can get from a bricks & mortar store.

My earbuds are totally dead now - as of this morning's commute. Gonna order a new pair today. I'd been using a pair of freebies that had such awful, muffled sound that I decided to just go back to the other ones that only worked in one ear - until the other ear died, lol. I have a pair here at work that are regular earphones that fit over my ears and then go around the back of my head that are preferable to the freebies, so I'm gonna use those until I get my new ones.

That's it for me. Hellos to everyone. Have a great day. TTFN.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #13  

Shad
I hope you get out of your "dark" place quickly. This is just not you. Hope you have a good day.

Laura
I wish I had the stamina you do on exercising especially in the morning before work. I'm not into anything right now. I've become obsessive with the Fitbit so I'm not been wearing it. Maybe one day I will put it on again.

Happy
Glad you made it safely to your destination. Have fun while you are there.

------
Sill not feeling 100% and still waiting on my test results. I think it is the not knowing that is bothering me the most.
We are still having air problems at work. I hate this. Last night one of the filters opened up and drained by itself. They closed it off so I'm operating on two filters. Ugh this means more iron.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:29 PM   #14  

Quick update
The gynecologist office called and wants to set a date for a d and c. The nurse told me that the biopsy was benign but he wasn't satisfied with the ultrasound. I text my bff and she can take me. My sis hasn't acknowledged my text yet.
So I will call back tomorrow and set a date. Then tell my boss and make arrangements to be off work. He wouldn't let me put it off.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #15  

Morning all. Chilly today, but there was some sun this morning.

Ceejay – Good that the biopsy was benign, and I hope the d&c will take care of your issue. I’m not sure I’m fully awake when I start my morning exercise, but that’s what warm-ups are for, LOL. By the time I'm done, I feel good, and I think it helps me feel more energized in the morning. It would be nice to get to doing it daily during the weekday mornings, but I’m still struggling with getting to bed early enough. Re the fitbit – how are you obsessed with it?? I’ve been wearing it daily, but the sync is so sporadic sometimes that I can’t always know how far away I am from my goal. I typically don’t do anything special to try to reach goal, except maybe get out at lunchtime for a walk.

Annie – How did the continuing ed class go yesterday? I hope the Wednesday reports go smoothly!

Shad – I hope you had a better day yesterday.

Happy – Hope you enjoyed the mild weather yesterday and are having a nice visit with your mom, sis and the rest of your family.

Hellos to the rest of you.

==

Nothing much to report.

Last night I ordered my earbuds from amazon, and I also ordered some screen protector skins for my cell phone, as well as a new cell phone cover. I used up the money left on one gift card, and also got free shipping. But I’ll have to wait until next week for delivery. Bf has a free/student membership in Amazon Prime, and it would have been quicker to order using his account, but the last of the gift card was on my account and I wanted to use that up. Dang, forgot to order through Amazon Smiles. Grrr. I like when I do that, my chosen charity gets a bit of a benefit.

No workout this morning. Walked to the train today. Tonight I have a hair appointment.

That’s about it for me. Buh bye.