Old 12-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Laura,
We've had GOBI Blocks for years. But then we don't get as much snow as you do. They look good when the plant put in them gets a bit of water and regular looking after. Can look pretty 'blurk' if you don't do that. Friends have got them around the pool and they planted chamomile in the spaces and it is great to walk on especially when it is very hot.

Until I saw them at Waitangi, I hadn't realized that they were still around. Pinterest has an article on them for you up there.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:29 AM   #17  

Te Whare Runanga - the House of Assembly. Carvings have been done by all the tribes in NZ

The ceremonial canoe. HMS Ngātokimatawhaorua

Renga Renga Lily

My luck is running out. Posting this.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Got some great news from my OBGYN last evening. She called me to say my pap test came back NO CANCER CELLS....Good to go for a bit! Excited to say the least. No hysterectomy in January! No deductible slam. Yeah!

Yesterday evening was cardiac rehab. I hate to admit it, HAPPY, but I really like going and the exercise. Bleh, there I said it. lol

SHADDIE...loving your pictures.

LAURA...good on you for getting back to the recplex.

Hello to all. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:56 PM   #19  

SHE LIKED THE EXERCISE!!!! GO ANNIE.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #20  

Morning all (barely morning, who know, by the time I actually post this).

Shad - In doing our research for a parking pad solution adjacent to our existing driveway, we learned that there are several plastic mesh-type products that reinforce the soil and which grass will grow through. Once the grass fills in, the mesh won't even be visible. I think this is an updated solution beyond the concrete turf blocks and allows even more water to run off. The one we were interested in doesn't even require us to dig out the grass - from what we understood, we would just have to clip the lawn very short. The mesh material is held in place with metal pins. When we wanted to order it, they were out of stock and the wait time was too long to do anything this year.-- re your photos - the canoe reminds me of an old replica Viking ship that was on display at our local zoo many many years ago. Never understood why it was at the zoo...

Annie - Fantastic news for you!!! I'm glad you like the rehab AND THE EXERCISE.

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
I'm wearing my fitbit on my ankle today inside an old hair scrunchie! We'll see how it registers my steps - which will really be steps and not non-walking arm movements, LOL. Right now the display shows somewhere between 2,000 and 4,000 steps. I forgot my cell phone at home today, so I will have to wait to sync my fitbit to the app to see specifically how many steps I have.

Okay, tonight I'll go to the recplex for an exercise class.

That's it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

HAHA HAPPY, bout spewed my coffee on that one! See miracles do happen. In HIS time. haha
Old 12-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone! Quick post...got to be off here and in the car in 10 min to go see my friends girls that we call our nieces. We have dinner with them every Thursday night.

Annie: I am sorry to hear this news about your brother. Like Happy said, we really never know how much time, so every time, every call, make sure you say what you want to say. I will continue to pray for him and all of you. You need the Lords peace that passes all understanding.

I am SHOCKED to see you posting you like the exercise....YEAH!!! I've got to get back to it.

WONDERFUL news on the pap test!!!! Praise the Lord!!!

Shad: Love the pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Laura: I'm curious to see what your fit bit says. I haven't been wearing mine. Need to get back to it and that tread desk at work!

Ceejay: Good for you for hitting your fitbit goals. I'm glad to see that BP come down.

Happy: Let's really help each other to not take on so much that we can't deal with ourselves. I think sometimes maybe I'm avoiding dealing with myself.

Hi and love to Dee, Michelle and Terra (I sure hope she is ok).

Got to run...see you all later.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #23  

Hey everyone,

I received a Fitbit message tonight from Dee saying she fell 2 days ago during the night twisting her wrist & hurting her back. Said she'd be back ASAP.

Poor Dee.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

Hello Everyone.

Went to our church Christmas tea last night. Very enjoyable. Tasty treats and fellowship. The desserts were from Cafe Hiedelberg<--SP a german bakery. I brought mine home to C as I am not a sweet eater. He loved it. That was my entire evening. Got home about 8:30 and hit the hey. Watch a bit of the GB Packers game and went to sleep, woke up to a win for GB, much to my surprise, cause they sucked through most of the game.

This afternoon is my 6 week which is actually 7 week cardiologist appointment check up after heart attack. Man that time went fast. It is at 2:45 and hope to get out of that in time for rehab at 4pm. Will be close if I make it at all. Boo.

Tonight C and I are going shopping for OUR Christmas present to each other and new 40" TV for the living room. HHGregg has them on sale for a great price, plus I have a 100 gift card we can use. Yeah!

DEE...hope your aches from the fall are gone quickly. Adding you back to the prayer list.

SUSIE...hope your dinner was great! Yes, praise the LORD for prayers answered, hope he answers the one for my brother favorably.

Hello's to all, need to get to my meeting, oh boy....another meeting.

Make it a great Friday. Hugs all, have a wonderful weekend.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:04 AM   #25  

Hi Susie - My steps yesterday were 7,502. I got dropped off and picked up at the train station yesterday, so I had fewer steps for my commute, but I did go up and down to the basement a few times last night when I was doing laundry & and I did a BE workout. I think the ankle makes more sense for measuring "true" steps. On my wrist, my fitbit steps go up quite a bit when I'm using my arms a lot, like raking, vacuuming, cooking. ---How was dinner with your nieces?

Dee - Hope you're feeling better.

Hellos to everyone.
--
TGIF!!

I didn't go to a recplex class last night because I missed my usual train and got home a bit late. I wouldn't have had time to buy my punchcard and go to class. So I got a load of laundry going and did a BE workout in the basement. It was another BE workout I didn't already have on the DVR, so now I have it recorded there.

This weekend we're getting our outside decorations put up since the weather is supposed to be nice. I think our village's leaf pickup program has ended for the year, so any leaves that are out there will be staying there. There aren't many.

That's about it for me. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Good morning all. I've been a slacker this week end except for catching up on my sleep. My mind set is now on Jonesboro for retirement since this is now where my doctors are located. I can visit with sis part of the time.
My doctor still hasn't called me about the test results but since I've peeked on line I now know that my b12 is low again. dah that's the reason for these extra naps and always exhausted. I am anxious to hear what the ekg is. She said it looked normal but their is some notation on the chart that I don't understand.
This will be a short work week for me since I've slated the 8th and 9th as vacation days. I need to use them or I will lose them.

Laura
Thanks for sharing about Dee hurting herself. I've been clipping my Zip fitbit on my shoe string and it works better. I was short yesterday on my goals though.

Susie
Take some time for yourself during the holidays. To much stress is hard on a person.

Annie
Great news for you concerning our test results. I didn't think I'd ever like to exercise but it's coming more natural for me.

Happy
Can't blame you for not going to Yoga. If the DH was slipping going up the hill that's a good sign to stay indoors.

Shad
I'm loving all these pictures. Thanks for sharing.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #27  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello Worldlies,

Trying to type this around a cat who won't leave me alone. They have an adorable shepard mix puppy at the shelter - about 10 weeks old. It's so tempting... But if we got a dog we'd loose our wildlife and that would upset DH so I will just admire from afar. I wish I could make a homemade soup in 10 minutes. I have a taste for something but not sure what. Last night we went to the Italian restaurant for dinner - they had a special with pappadelle pasta (wide noodle ribbon pasta), 2 kinds of mushrooms and pancetta in a light cream sauce. Ooh yummy. Surprise they also had DH's swordfish so we both got what we wanted. Today I did not want to leave the house so I didn't. There is something going on in town DH said - various businesses are offering free hot chocolate as an incentive to come in and shop and there is a contest for the best hot chocolate. That's far too much hot chocolate for this chick! But a nice idea - just would not want to be dragging kids around who've had 8 or 10 cups of cocoa!

Our weather is unusually mild - we still have some snow and it's melting slowly. This is the kind of winter I'd pick if I could continue it. Just planning on hanging around the house this weekend and getting some things done.

Ceejay - whatever you do don't give up those precious vacation days, even if you just take some relaxing time!

Laura - definitely take advantage of the mild temperatures to decorate outside! I can see how the Fitbit would be more accurate on the ankle.

Annie - enjoy the new TV - what a great present. I am still laughing that you are enjoying exercise. Why the change or were you just resistant to the idea before? We do tend to feel better when we move around.

Dee - hope you are resting comfortably and feeling better. Thanks for the notice Laura.

Susie - deal on keeping each other accountable for exercise and clean eating!

Hi Shad - are you doing more touring this weekend or just wrapping things up until you go on break?

Yikes I am watching DH on some rather shakey 2 story high scaffolding and I have to admit it's kind of scary. He said he is comfortable but my oh my. He's about to take the ceiling fan down. I have a feeling I should go help him. Not sure how but at least I can offer...

Later chicks. Have a good weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #28  

Evening all.

Annie - How did the cardiovascular appointment go?? Did you make it to your rehab session? What a nice gift to each other - is the new telly set up yet? Speaking of "set" - remember we used to call them "tv sets"? A long time ago for sure...

Ceejay - Hope you can get the B12 shot to help you get an energy boost. Nice to have vacation time this coming week!!! Any special plans??

Happy - Yep, it was a great day to get the decorations up outside - sunny, mild. I'm loving this weather! Nice you're having mild weather up there too. That pasta dish you had sounds fantastic. Tell dh not to get too comfortable on that scaffold - caution is necessary!!

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
I was a slacker this morning, and still a bit sore in the pecs & triceps from Thursday's workout at home so I didn't do a recplex class. It'll happen next week.

Eventually I did a load of laundry & cleaned mud off the soles of my sneakers from last weekend's raking. What a PITA, but I don't like washing my shoes in the washer.

Later in theorning, bf & I got out to work on the decorations, but I mainly helped him get them out of the attic access in the garage - he handed them down to me from the ladder. I put a red bow on each gate and that was about it. Three of our rather old outdoor decorations were kaput - sort of odd none of them worked, but they were old and not at all expensive to begin with. Not a biggie. The rest were fine.

I went inside to check some of the sale flyers for a replacement decoration at the time when bf started trying to remember the configuration of extension cords and timers and insisting we needed more cords. I clearly remember we bickered about that last year. We either bought more cords or figured it out last year, so I wasn't about to get involved in the same argument this year, LOL.

We decided to check out the decorations at our local home improvement store & at Big Lots. Menard's had a good sale on the green extension cords, so we bought 3 more. We ended up buying a new decoration from Big Lots, but bf is going to tweak it so it can be hung on the house instead of sitting on the lawn.

By the time we got home after shopping & stopping for a late lunch, it was time to walk doggie before it started getting dark.

That was about it. Oh, we had an issue with our garage door not wanting to close, but bf cleared the sensors that detect any obstructions & it's working fine now. Whoohoo for that, didn't want to spend $300 on a new opener, even if the existing one is 15 years old.

That's it for today. Tomorrow I'll get out early to Aldi & buy several bags of pecans. At work, our floor's holiday party is Tuesday afternoon & I decided to make some spiced/sugar- coated pecans for that. And I'll make extra batches while I'm at it.

Okay, gonna get this posted and chill out for a bit. Goodnight ladies.

Last edited by Laura705; 12-06-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:36 AM   #29  

Been away again. This will be the last time before I go home on the 18th Be back with some pictures tomorrow night.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning,
Yesterday I did get out and rake some leaves to the curb. Got a good work out even though the fit bit only had 15 minutes of cardio time. I rode the bike for 15 more minutes. My neighbor came outside and wanted to talk and she talks so softly that I can not hear her. She came for a visit when I took a break.
Heard a mouse trap throw last night and one this morning. Didn't have the stomach to empty them this morning but will after I get home.
No plans for my stay at home vacation. If I don't have jury duty this week I may go to Jonesboro and get gift cards for my two siblings, plus I want to go to Barnes and Noble. My uncle and aunt wanted the pillows that's been advertised on tv so I ordered those this week end and told my aunt that they would be mailed to their home. I saw something at Walmart that I am going to get for myself. The collection of James Bond DVD's that features Sean Connery.
I'm going to call the doctor's office tomorrow to see what he wants me to do for the b12. I can take the pill over the counter once it gets back up, but it will be up to him.
Ate peanuts Friday and paid for it this morning. I should have know better. I do now.
My aunt called me last night upset. I thought something had happened to my uncle but she told me that their son, my cousin, had been laid off from his job. His company downsized. So sad especially at this time of the year
------
Happy
At least you can be there for moral support for your DH. Height's do bother some people, including me. Yum hot chocolate. May have to make some this week end.

Laura,
Sounds like you had a good week end.

Shad
Understand.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote