Old 07-06-2015, 08:07 AM   #31  

Good morning to you all. Overcast again today but really sticky again. I have to vacuum again then mop the downstairs stuff and get those darn pants hemmed. Thomas will be home on Thursday.

The commissary was quiet for the most part yesterday so we were in and out pretty quickly. We watched the Cubs on tv then Jack watched the women's soccer final then he went upstairs and I read for awhile then went to bed.

Susan: If you have lived there 29 years than I wouldn't know the place as the last time we visited there would have been 1980 or so. I remember we took the Cub Scouts to Yorktown. We took the kids to Kings Dominion a couple times, but unless we could get the $5 military tickets we didn't go as we just couldn't afford it. The food at the parks even back then was outrageous. It is sad to say, but kids of today don't appreciate or even like things we grew up and found fun and interesting. We took Jackson to the museum, but I think he was bored a lot of times unless he was physically doing something like the flight simulator. They have been so computer brainwashed that simple things don't even interest them anymore. Hope little by little you get your strength and breathing back. I know it must be a real uphill struggle.

Jean: Sounds like everyone had a great time at the lake. I grew up lake swimming, but I don't like going into the lake or the ocean. I wear shoes (water shoes) to even walk along the beach or to walk into the ocean water. I am strictly a pool kind of girl. The Caribbean isn't so bad as you can see the bottom of the ocean for a ways out, but I don't like not knowing what I am walking on. {{{shutter}}} They were still shooting off stuff last night though they must have run out because it ended about 8 PM or so.

I guess I better get going and get breakfast and things done. Have a great week everyone!!!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #32  

Good Afternoon! We have had a rainy day but we are on the road to Ian's game where it's not raining. Plan to stop in Sioux City to pick up light bulbs for the church. The church received a $10,000 gift to the budget, that looked pretty good on the balance sheet this morning! In comparison, the gift shop had a $31 deposit. There was extra from payroll deductions and credit cards but it was a skimpy week.

"Gma," we watched part of the soccer game last night. I am just amazed at the size of the field and how far the girls can kick the ball. Since Maddy likes to play goalie I was paying more attention to her -- they play rough! We get a lot of "stuff" washing up on the beach because of the south wind. Over the years we have gotten some nice plastic kids' toys which I assume blow off docks, beach towels, etc. The last few years it's been beer cans, junk food wrappers, fishing lures and hooks, etc. The kids are old enough now that they check the beach before they walk around too much.

Not much is newsy today. I was tired last night and went to bed early. It won't be an early night tonight. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:47 AM   #33  

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. PLEASE JOIN US AT #116
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote