Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:54 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Happy Monday Morning Ladies,

Kat - good to see you around! When is DD coming home? When does school start in Vermont?

School begins here for Katie (DD16) on Wednesday. She is glad to go back and catch up on all the social stuff. Who's going with who and who just broke up.... typical 16 y/o emergencies!

While I was in Evansville yesterday, I bought some cute itty bitty pants at Old Navy for the new October arrival. They said it's a girl, and I hope so, because I bought white, lavender, and 2 shades of pink. Mary has Onesies to go with the pants, but this baby is off season for most of the clothes she has from the twins. I just love to shop for my grandkids!

Gotta go get busy, bbl,
Jana
Old 08-11-2003, 11:43 AM   #17  

Ok...here I go with effort number two. I just lost my last post. Is there anything more frustrating in the world?

I'm sorry I left everyone hanging last time. I certainly didnt mean to make anyone worry. Though I have to thank you all for caring so much. You are all really wonderful, did you know that?
Hubby and I had a rough few days. I dont want to get into details, but he did something that was less than honorable. Needless to say, I was disappointed in him, and we barely spoke for two days. I slept on the sofa one night (the only time weve slept apart since we were married!) But..the good thing is that he and I have always been able to talk things through, and we worked it out. So Im back in the bedroom!

Jana...I think you might have to add a new sticky...its the "Congrats Jana on your weight loss" thread. You are unstoppable!

Angie...good to see you again! Im sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. It must have been rough to find out the way you did. I hope your doggie is feeling better. That scares me cuz my puppy eats all kinds of yucky things, and I worry so much that shes going to get sick. I didnt know about the pigs ears. I never bought them, just cuz I always thought they were yucky, but I do give them rawhides all the time. I guess I need to rethink that.
Good vibes coming your way for the new business.

Cristi...I hope you get your yahoo pics up, I would love to see them.

Marti...Sounds like life is crazy for you right now. Dont beat yourself up for being a little off plan right now. As far as breakfast, I never used to eat it. I would always burn out halfway through the day. Now Im a cheerios girl. Its easy and quick, and gives me enough energy until I actually feel like I want something more substantial for a midmorning meal.
Im sorry I made you worry.

Ruth...Im sorry to hear about your Grandfather. My granny was just diagnosed with bowel cancer, so I know what your going through. She has her 91st birthday next month, and seems to be holding in there pretty good. She is one tough lady an never ceases to amaze me.

Krista, your photo link comes up empty for me too.

Hi to everyone else I missed! I hope everything is good in your part of the world.

Take care of your sweet selves!

Michelle
Old 08-12-2003, 12:18 AM   #18  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi everyone,
Im so tired, haven't gone to the gym in days, miss that. Got part of my water in, haven't eaten enough in the last few days. But not hungry just stressed. I did another case today that could of turned bad but my angel was working overtime keeping me safe. I shudder to think, of what could of happened,,,enough for me to want to move on. Possibly just work on lost and founds...adoptions and such. Truly love doing that but not enough since Im new to the game.

Jana you would have to remember my birthday since its the same as yours!...lol

Michelle, glad to know all is well in your home...*smile

As for pig's ears it has alot of sominella (sound it out cause I know I spelt it wrong...lol) as does some raw hides. Scared me enough never to buy them again, and will be looking into making my own treats.

Well off to bed I go...nighty nighty
Angie
Old 08-12-2003, 01:29 AM   #19  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

WARNING: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART
(If you are squeamish, you might want to skip this post)

I just finished gutting my first deer--by myself and without anyone ever having taught me how to do it. Tomorrow I get to butcher it, also by myself and without any real knowledge on how to do it.

We went out for a drive tonight and saw deer in the road, slowing down so as not to hit them--the yahoo behind me passed me and whacked a fawn, killing it instantly--he never even stopped. Mom and the twin did manage to make to make it across all right, so I guess it could have been worse. *sigh* The kids and I were really sad--it was a beautiful young fawn with its spots still present.

I stopped to see if it was dead, and rather than waste it, loaded it into my trunk and called the game warden when I got home. He gave me a tag for it, and I then proceeded to actually use my anatomy class for something. I wouldn't have known where to even begin dressing it if I hadn't dissected Lucky the pickled cat. At any rate, Bambi is now hanging from my porch, where I'm sure he will attract much attention from early morning commuters--I expect the PD might visit to check it out, which shouldn't be a problem because I do have the tag so I can legally have it. I'll have to skin and butcher it early in the morning before it gets hot. (Nope, I've never been hunting, so this is new to me.) I'm sure they'll think awful things about me, assuming I killed a fawn so young it still had its spots.

I would just rather make full use of it and make something special with its hide than see it rot in the middle of the road. I did say a little prayer before I started dressing it, thanking it for its gifts, and wishing it's spirit well on its new journey.

Ah feel lahk such a red-neck tho...
Old 08-12-2003, 10:56 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Michelle - the one good thing about fussin' with your hubby is the make-up sex and snugglin' afterwards. MMM-boy! I know your hubby is a sweetie, so whatever it was, I'm glad you let it go. In the words of Tammy Wynette - He's just a man. Awww, thanks for the kind words about my weight loss. I am blown away at how many weeks I have gone without a plateau! I have reached a point where the munchies are creeping up on me, though, and it is more of a struggle! Btw, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma.

Angie - my 9/11 twin!! Thanks for the info on dog treats. I have a recipe for dog biscuits that I will try to get posted soon.

Kat - I wanted to skip your post...... but couldn't! I'm too nosy!! At least you will eat the meat, and I am SO PROUD of you for saying a blessing. And it is amazing that you took care of it yourself!!!! And honey, I'm purdy shur you IS a redneck now, lol! Lemme git Jeff Foxworthy's opinion on it.....

I went to bed with a headache and woke up with it, too. But life goes on, so here I am... Mount Washmore is beckoning, so I'll see you later,

Jana
Old 08-12-2003, 12:28 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Morning Ladies

Jana, you made me laugh about the make-up sex. My dd told me once joking (she watches way too much TV) I know why you guys argue so much, it's for the make-up sex! I had to laugh! Okay, I didn't tell her so but she was half right!

Michelle, glad to hear everything is fine with your and your hubby! If there ever is a next time, make him sleep on the couch. I too have been having problems with losing my posts and I have been copying each post before I submit in case I lose it. Not sure what is going on.

Kat, good thing you didn't hit the deer. Hubby hit one coming home from work one evening about a month ago and it caused almost $4000. in damage. My Aunt did the same as you. Her and my Uncle are avid hunters and coming home from deer camp and not getting anything they hit one and she loaded it in her truck. One question do you like jerky? I haven't had any but the times my dh and ds have gone hunting and got something they have made the deer jerky. Well, my dh has and apparently it is so good the guys at work were buying it from him, that and the summer sausage as they call it around here. The last one though they gutted and took to the butcher which was a bit expensive but if you can butcher it on your own it is well worth it. they will cut it up for you of course for a price but it was the jerky that was expensive. My dh thought I didn't want a mess in the kitchen which I normally don't so the reason for taking it to the butcher. I don't actually eat the meat myself, I have never acquired a taste for it. I did want to try the jerky but by the time I thought about it it was gone!

Angie, thanks for the info about the rawhides even though my doggy hardly eats the stuff once in a while he gets in a mood. I've never bought the pig ears but it's something to keep in mind in case. I guess I have always thought it must be okay as they sale it in the stores.

Okay, ladies I need to go get my work-out done and get int he shower. I have a seminar to go to later this evening and it will be here before you know it. It's for working at home doing medical transcribing, wanted to see what all is involved although I pretty much know. It's free so it's not going to hurt to see what it is all about.

Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL day!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:07 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - Yup, your DD is right! !!!! About your seminar - they may try to sign you up for classes or something, but it would be a good field to get into. With all the baby boomers getting older, anything in the medical field is job security.

Ladies, for those who are interested, look for the dog biscuit recipe now posted. I also posted one for Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff which is so de-lish! But it's 7.5 points without the noodles. Not exactly points-friendly, but I eat it with free veggies and a salad.

Later,
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 08-12-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:25 PM   #23  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Cristi,

I bet your Aunt had lots of experience and was a pro at the preparation! *grin* I'm very glad I didn't hit the deer, because I have a little Celica and it would have come through the windshield for sure, totalling the car and possibly injuring us.
I have no idea how the van that hit it made out, as it didn't slow down, let alone stop. It did have a large flat front though, so it just tossed the deer into the centre of the road.

I do like jerky, but this particular deer is destined to be stewed and roasted. I just spent the entire day butchering the deer, and it is now in small foil wrapped packages in the freezer--except for the tenderloin, which *will* be my reward for a lot of hard work. It really makes you appreciate the animal a lot more than when it is a cellophane wrapped package in the grocer's cooler! I have no idea how to actually cut steaks, etc, and since it summer and hot, I had to deal with it quickly, so aside from a "ham" (which will be a roast really and not smoked) and the tenderlon, the rest ended up as stew meat. Probably a waste of good steaks, but given my lack of know-how and the fact that all I had to work with was a steak knife, it'll have to do. It will still all get eaten. I'm hungry now, but almost too tired and sore to bother to cook anything!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:56 PM   #24  
Give me strength

Good for you for not wasting the meat,,,I wouldn't know how to do anything either when it comes butchering. I do know thou if you had a grinder you could make alot of hamburger or even sausages yourself.
I spent the day going over ideas of what my next carreer is, talked a bit with SIL and she got a letter yesterday stating her job has been terminated. So we chit chatted about possibly going into business together...a cleaning and organizors of homes. Went to the library today to get some books on small business planning.
Thank you Jana for the recipes, will pass the dog bisket recipe over to my SIL too.
Anyways better run ttfn
Angie
Old 08-13-2003, 08:53 AM   #25  
GmaTo8

Talking

Good morning ladies,

If anyone wants to add to my definition of "What is a Jaded Lady" at the other thread, please do. It's hard to describe us.

Angie - My sister did that for awhile, and she was making real good money. She cleaned medical offices and homes. The reason she got out of it was because she had some major health problems and was out of work for awhile. It seems there is a lot of need for that kind of service.

Katie is off to school today. She's a Junior this year. Before you know it, she'll be off at college. I didn't even come close to finishing the laundry yesterday so I have to make that a priority today.

BBL,
Jana
Old 08-13-2003, 10:44 AM   #26  
soontobethin

Hello everyone.
Yes, I know I haven't been here in a while. Sorry. I have been helping my mom with stuff at her house, and the past few days Have been cleaning here to get ready for MIL. She's really a great person, just that no matter how clean the house is, she will clean it anyway. I sometimes think, why bother? Oh well. My house needed a good cleaning anyway.
Seems like everyone is doing good. I have lost 5 lbs in the last two weeks. I have started stair climbing, and have worked up to doing an hour of aerobics. Hope everyone is doing good. I will try to get on here more often.
Ricci
Old 08-13-2003, 10:50 AM   #27  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Since I butchered it myself and it was warm, I opted against grinding it at all for fear of bacterial contamination. The way it is now, I washed it all well and froze it quickly, so any bacteria will be on the surface and will be killed by cooking. If I had ground it, bacteria would be spread throughout.

I have a friend who got laid off and started her own cleaning business--its worked out well for her, and now she has several employees. Good luck to your SIL!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:25 PM   #28  
Give me strength

I got a fax yesterday from this newspaper I contacted about an obit on hubby's family. And the information I got from there I was about to call hubby's only living aunt. She lives right here in the same city, she had a different last name being married and all. Found out that hubby's grandfather hadn't died like we had been told,,,,that he is a spry 98 yr guy.
Found out that indeed FIL had passed away, over a yr and half ago, and that he had 2 other children, a son and daugher. The daughter lives here in the city also,,,don't know her name thou, do know the son's name and where he lives. Wouldn't know if this guy knows that he has 3 half brothers or not,,,don't know if hes older or younger then hubby. Thing is the whole family is so split up,,,this aunt has never met any of the newfews or niece. She talked to one of my BIL a few years ago, and she talked to the half brother a year ago. What a mess.
Anyways thats about all thats been happening, did see my Dr about my shoulder and went for x-rays, he did say my rotor cuff is damaged,,,question is how bad?
Im helping a woman find her birth father right now, and did all my reports from all the cases I did lately. Hate those...takes me forever...*sigh At least I made enough to pay off Skittles Dr bill...
She is doing well,,,and thank you again for the recipe Jana,,,going to go and get the ingredients and make some for her. She hasn't had any treats in so long,,,poor little thing keeps going to where we used to keep them.
Well Im off to the library,,my information gold mine.
ttfn
Angie
Old 08-13-2003, 11:18 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Ricci - YAY for the weight loss!!! It's good to see you here again - we've missed you!

Kat - I would have never even thought about spreading bacteria by grinding! That kind of thinking is why you are a whiz at medical stuff and I'm not. Thanks for your comments on the name thread.

Angie - wow, you have a lot of info to process! How's your dh holding up through all of this? Hope Skittles likes the treats - my dogs sure do.

Hi to Carree, Mel, Michelle, Marti, Cristi, Ruth and anyone else I may have missed.

Does anyone watch The Family on ABC? It's a reality competition show of an ordinary family living in a mansion, trying to win a million bucks, and their secret judges are the staff. I think it is a rerun, but it's funny what they do to try to eliminate each other.

Gotta go work on my grocery list. Be good!
Jana
Old 08-14-2003, 12:56 AM   #30  

Hi everyone!!!

Sorry I've been AWOL, what a horrible week I've had. It all started last Wednesday evening. My DH's ex called wanting to know if we had heard from or seen my stepson (we haven't been able to talk to him since he moved out, won't return our calls). It seems he lost his job at the Honda plant, wasn't paying his bills and was maxing out 3 new credit cards he had got. She made him turn all his finances to her and was looking for him so she could sell his car that she co-signed on the loan. She called us early Thurday morning to let us know she had found him........ in jail for felony sexual assault. I would never have thought he could do something like that, he's always been so shy around the opposite sex, we just hope it's a case where a girl is mad at him for something and decided to make his life ****. He was arraigned (sp?) Thursday afternoon and he said he didn't want to post bond so he was moved to the city where the charges were filed and was arrainged ther yesterday. We still have no idea what happened there, his mother was going to go post his bail but we haven't heard a thing from her since yesterday morning. DH said she's probably mad because we told her we wouldn't help her with bail money and that he couldn't stay here after she bailed him out . The kid has always hated any kind of confrontation and we are afraid he will run. It may be a terrible thing to say, but we are just not willing to be responsible if he would happen to run. The ex and her hubby didn't want him at their house because they have 2 young boys and her hubby said he wasn't going to be responsible for him if he runs either. On top of that , Sunday I got the sinus infection from ****, felt so bad Monday I went to the dr and stayed home from work.

Enough about me, Jana, congrats on the weight loss YGG!

Kat, I hate to tell you this dear, but you are officially a redneck now. Especially since you only had a steak knife to dress the dear with. Now you just need a t.v that works sittin on your tv that doesn't work and a car or two up on blocks in your front yard!

Angie, sorry to hear about the deaths in your family, but glad to find out your hubby's grandfather wasn't among them. I knew the rawhide treats were bad for doggies, but I didn't know pig ears were. We usually buy ours one pig ear each about every other month. Did the vet say anything about hooves?

Hi to everyone I missed. I'll try to get on here again when I'm coherent enough to reaf and catch up on everything.

Mel
Closed Thread