Old 12-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Understand completely about not having enough time. Maybe things will settle down after the holiday's.

Shad
Had to go back and read all the post. Can't believe that you did all that hard work. Goes to show your strength.

Annie
Sorry to hear that DH has a hernia along with the other ailments. Congrats on the 1 pound loss. I hear you that Michelle has been an inspiration. She has been for me also.

Laura
The "purple pill" is Nexium. Don't know how you get all things done.

Hello's to the rest.
------
I'm making plans to have a quiet Christmas day, possibly go to my uncles on Saturday depending on the weather. It will depend on how he feel's.
Work this week has been productive. I'm trying to get ready to end the year's paper work. Got the storage file room straightened up but not clean. Will do that next year.
I ate a light dinner last night but later on during the night my stomach woke me up in pain. If the doctor's office is open on Friday I'm going. And if the doctor says this is due to the diverticulitis I'm putting myself on a very strict diet.
Need to stop at the grocery store tonight on the way home. I forgot the butter/margarine. I'm making chicken and dressing for Christmas. This time I'm going to freeze it portions to have for later.
I'm not getting enough veggies in my diet. Gotta do better.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #167  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thank you Shad for including a picture of the lorikeets - one of my favorite to look at. Sorry you are having the sniffles - guess having a cold around Christmas time is not just a northern hemisphere cold weather thing. I imagine you have your own chemist concoctions and probably more of a natural means than what we get stateside. My sister swears by hard drops that have a liquid honey center - good for coughs, antibiotics, soothes the throat, etc. Thanks for trying out that technique with the stuff nose, I will have to file that for future reference. I'm very surprised that after no doubt sweating it out hauling all those barrels of rocks in the blazing heat of yours, that a cold still is capable of living inside you! As for color schemes, I used to hate beige myself - white walls too for that matter and then I saw in a design book - make your walls neutral and accessorize with color - color curtains, pillows, pictures, etc. It pops the color in the accessories and allows to switch around color schemes a bit more easily. They showed a beige room with white trim and color accents of deep navy blue and cream - it looked really smart.

Hi Michelle - glad you are relaxing and enjoying your time off. I'm not sure how you will train yourself for getting back to work after next week but good luck with that, hopefully your healing is progressing well and in due turn so will your energy rebound.

Ok Terra, I am shaking a finger at you because that's what we do here - Get a workout in today girl!

Annie - yikes on C's hernia. Or is it a HISnea unless you gave it to him ? Anyway - at least they found out the source of the pain. Will he need surgery? Doesn't his job involve lifting and carrying large trays of baked goods? That can't be good for him. I'm glad you came to some peace with your brother. Shame that his wife could not be civil. I was thinking about you the other day when I heard the score of the Colts game. Oh my!

Ceejay - I have always liked having a cabinet or drawer to put my purse into. Several of the ladies at the shop leave their purses lying about - some even opened with the wallet in plain sight! Makes me nervous but it's their purses - they don't seem to be concerned. Glad you are feeling better. I just tossed out 3 bottles worth of those little purple pills - wish I had known you were taking them. Pricey stuff too that is.

Laura - your comment about borrowing the yoga videos from the library inspired me - sure enough there are 4 others which I have a request on. I just wish they let you borrow them for longer than 1 week. Yikes on the whole ordeal with the Christmas tree stand! Too bad that didn't work out - probably would have been quite pretty at that. I hope you felt well enough to get all your dinner plans taken care of as well as prepping for company. Secretly I am glad we aren't having anyone over. My friend who gently encouraged me to decorate was going to have us over but her DH is being (as she called him) a Scrooge about Christmas this year due to some bad experiences in his past. She said maybe for New Year's. I guess I will have to reciprocate myself. Maybe they will forget I really laughed at your story of BF and the receipt. Guys. I can so relate. Glad you were cool about it although sometimes we feel like pinning a note to their shirt

Dee - sorry to hear that you reinjured your foot again Who would have though? Your workshop sounds like quite a set up. Reminds me of my friend down south - I never heard of a serger until she started talking about it. I'm sure you need all of that for everything that you do. I hope you are having some time to enjoy the holiday.

Susie - were you having any problems with your fitbit flex staying on your wrist? There were complaints about the design of that. I'm glad that they replaced your unit for you. Do you like it so far? I can't even IMAGINE trying to do my work, type on the laptop, answer the phone and talk AND walk at 3mph or greater. Seriously??? Wow. I'm impressed

I went to the gym for an upper body training workout yesterday. We got part of the way through - I cannot remember all these little details - and were in the yoga / exercise room doing some weights when the other yoga teacher came in to prep for her class. I asked and was given permission to try out her class. It's Kundalini yoga - a bit different from the Hatha yoga I was doing on Wednesdays. I actually enjoyed it - think I'm going to try this for a while too - of course an additional expense just like the other yoga class - good thing I saved money on my membership fees. I need to go tomorrow at 11 to finish my training session we cut short. At first I was like - on Christmas eve - really?? But the trainer is obviously a buff guy and that's probably because he finds working out fun I figured what the heck - I might as well get my gym time in. I thought I'd be really sore today but I took 2 aspirin last night and I wasn't doing too badly this morning, especially once I got up and moving around. We had a steady stream of customers in the store today - not overly busy but enough to keep us occupied. There was some discussion about people being treated rudely who tried to offer donations and pricing and some people trying to control and make all the decisions. It's funny but this sounds remarkably similar to what had happened about a year before I came on board where most of the front sales people quit due to dissatisfaction and favoritism of people in the back. I also have to say that I am starting to see a big disparity between items priced by the pricing group for people within the pricing group and (downright steals) compared to the pricing out on the floor or even to others of us volunteers. Maybe my time with this group is coming to an end. Oh dear, what will I do with myself? Oh wait - maybe tackle the 200 books I have to read and enjoy my new furniture???

Kitty has creeped up from laying on the side of my hand to stretching across my entire left hand and half across my keyboard so I am going to post before I lose this. Talk to you tomorrow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #168  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ LOL - (Shaking a finger at me) Yep I did get at least one work out in tonight, Thats better then none.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #169  

Evening all. Just a quick pop in to say hi. Definitely keeping busy. Last night I put the ornaments on the tree. I couldn't get our usual topper to fit on this tree as it basically goes right to the ceiling. Maybe I'll cover a star-shaped piece of cardboard with foil, lol. This morning I got up and made the cranberry tarts. They are a pain in the butt. I will probably not bother with them anymore unless I find a good shortcut for the crust. After that I made out a shopping list with our menu and went shopping. Of course before that BF and I had to iron out the details for specific recipes that we're using so that I could shop for everything we needed. Such planners we are lol. BF is still working on the half bath so I left him to it.

After returning from shopping I took the dog for his walk. We finally had sun today! ! After that I started up with more baking and I'm happy to say I finished making the rest of my human cookies. Well, almost done - the almond crescents need to be rolled in powdered sugar and the thumb prints need to have the filling added. There's still plenty to do but we aren't eating dinner tomorrow until 5 p.m. And people aren't really coming over until three so we should be good to go by then just some light cleaning and putting out extra table & chairs, do table setting etc.

Okay this turned out to not be all that quick of a post but now I'm done. I'll probably not post tomorrow, so let me wish everybody a happy Christmas Eve & a Merry Christmas right now. Enjoy!

Will probably catch up on personals on Thursday. TTFN ladies.

Last edited by Laura705; 12-23-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #170  

Height: 5'7"

Merry Christmas Eve!

I am not usually up this late but I feel asleep around 7 p.m. while DH was watching the Cavaliers play (and I was up late Monday night due to me watching the Bengals beat the Broncos! --sorry Annie is you are still a Payton Manning fan--I am a Bengal girl with all my heart--they used to train in Wilmington when I was a little girl until I was 21; I used to go watch them all the time in the summer.)

I have been in my home office for the past hour paying bills and trying to organize a bit.

Today will be a busy day. We will spend time with DH's dad in the early afternoon and take him his gifts and baked goods. Then we are meeting my brother and his partner and my adorable nephews at 5 for a early dinner at Cheesecake factory ,then going to Sharon Woods to see the lights and then back to their house for gifts. I can't wait to watch my nephews open their gifts. I had so much fun shopping for them!

Christmas Day we will be with our friends that we spend Thanksgiving with.

I have given up on exercise this week until Sunday. I'm giving today through Saturday with no exercise (so I must watch the food) and then on Sunday I need to get back into a consistent routine. I'm not waiting until Jan 1 to do that!

DH had his appointment with the surgeon yesterday to discuss the fistula and surgery. She feels that he needs to loose another 30-40 lbs to make the surgery easier on him and since the cipro and flagel are keeping the infection away, she is going to keep him on that and see him in March. So DH and I have some serious diet and exercise to make a priority in our lives.

DH had lost 23 lbs since she saw him in October and she was happy with that.

I am happy with him not having to have the surgery in January---with the winter weather and the fact that the surgery would be in Cincinnati and traveling for that and then staying at the hospital with him for at least a week--it would be better in the spring.

Michelle: It is ok if you can't post everyday--we know you love us! Remember that you have to take care of you first. We are hear for you.

Terra: Good for you for getting one workout in.

Happy: You should feel proud that you are going to go work out on Christmas Eve! I am proud of you.

Annie: It sounds like the night with the band was fun. I am glad that they figured out C's issue. My DH had a abdominal hernia that he had repaired about 15 years ago. He got along fine with it. Do they think that is the route that C will need to go?

Ceejay: I think you should see the doctor on Friday if you can get in. You might need some meds to settle that colon down. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better.

Shad: You got a lot of work done. Is your cold all better?

Laura: I couldn't find a topper for our tree that I liked so I just didn't put one on. It sounds like you will be ready for your company. Enjoy the time with them!

Dee: Merry Christmas to you my friend!

Ok..I need to get to bed.

I might not get a chance to post until Friday. Merry Christmas to all of you lovely ladies! I treasure the gift of your friendship and support!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #171  
Turning Into A New Woman

Susie ~ Thanks, I'll be sure to get more then 1 work out in today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 4:30 this morning after going to bed at 9:00 p.m. last night. As always my plans for today are to do my morning and evening chair exercises.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #172  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!

First, I got on the scales and was down another 2 lbs for a total of 13. I am very excited about that and motivated.

I am working until around 1 today then off until the 29th...Yeah! Not bad for a newbie. My brother is coming over this evening as his wife has to work tonight, so our Christmas eve will be me, C and my bro. I may stop on the way home and rent a movie, if they are not all already taken at the redbox.

Cs hernia is labeled a hiatal hernia, which really is not a hernia, that is just the label. It has more to do with intestines and digestions. More like acid reflux and heartburn from WAY down below to upper. So far he is doing great on eating healthy for his issue. I am really proud of him as he is a junk food junkie.

SUSIE...yeah I am a Peyton fan, but still a bigger Colts fan. I root for the Broncos when they are not playing the Colts. Colts are in the play offs but I think they will be out the first game. They are just not a stable team. Sounds like you will be making the rounds for the Christmas holiday. Little kids are the most fun opening presents.

TERRA...keep on the exercising. Yes, I am very pumped for Christmas, as all my shopping is done and not hurried to do anything this year.

LAURA...even when you are not running your arse off, you are doing something around the house. All that baking, then it dissappears in just a few minutes. That is how I feel when I spend a bunch of time on a meal, then 15 minutes later, done. Your cookies sound marvy, I guess cause they are not chocolate. I would have to stay away from your house.

SHADDIE...take some time to enjoy the Christmas spirit and cheer. You are accomplishing a lot while you are home. Glad the cold is breaking up and giving you a bit of relief. The pix of the keets is adorable. I love the bright colors of the birds.

HAPPY...keep up the good work at the gym. Yeah what else are you going to do this morning, might as well go to the gym. lol Do a little exercising for me. Sounds like you are getting Thrift Shop burn out. If you quit, they will certainly miss you. You do a lot of good things for that store, even DH has helped out. Boo on them. I see so many kitty pix on FB that remind me of you, aren't you glad I don't share ALL of them.

CHELLE...come here when you can. You know the routine and we love you all the same. Glad everything is working out with the surgery, be sure to get enough rest and WATER. Hugs.

CEEG...you quiet Christmas plans sound lovely. A little time with the uncles might be good too, if they are up to it. Sorry to hear you tummy is giving you a fit. I think maybe adjusting your diet will help, better start sooner rather than later.

DEE...hope all is peaceful in your world and you get to enjoy Christmas with the wee ones.

EVERYONE have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Hope Santa brings you lots of your favorite stuff.

Hugs to all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #173  
Turning Into A New Woman

Annie ~ Yes I will keep up with my exercising. Thats great that your pumped for Christmas and that all of your Christmas shopping is done. I'm pumped for Christmas too and all of my Christmas shopping is done as well.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #174  
Choose your hard

Good morning everyone,

Guess I will do a quick post before I get ready to head out the door in a bit.

Whether we are having a quiet Christmas or one filled with lots of people in our lives - wishing you safe travels all the best of days and a happy mood and love in your hearts. Thank you friends for another year together - wish we could toast to our health and happiness in person

Congrats on the pounds down Annie - keep up the good work. Glad you found motivation in your sister friend Michelle! I'm glad C is working with the program to help control his aching insides. Sometimes guys are obstinate about things like that And finally - yes, I agree with you about all the cute pictures - I am that way myself. Awww, awwww, AWWWWWWW but hey, it's cheap fun and smiles

Susie - Cipro OMG took that once for a bad respiratory infection - geez that stuff is very hard on the tum tum. Glad to hear that DH is tolerating it well though.

Terra - maybe you can march around the Christmas tree 10 times but don't knock any of the ornaments down

Laura - have a good time with the family and friends today - glad you have everything organized - nothing worse that last minute rushing around.

Hello to the rest of you wonderful chicks. Have a lovely Eve and a Merry Christmas tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #175  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies!

Merry Christmas Eve! I'm going to head to Stanford Hospital to see Bob. His sister texted me that yesterday's surgery was a long a difficult one. Poor guy. I feel so bad for him. I wish there was something I could do.

After I get back from the hospital, I'll relax a bit until D and I go to my step-mother's tonight to open gifts and play cards.

Tomorrow D and I, along with my step-mom and her significant other, are going to a friend of the family's for Christmas lunch (since I'm still on a bit of a restricted diet, I'll be packing my own lunch just in case I can't eat what is served).

The scale is still being stubborn, which is why I've decided to get back to the gym and rev up my metabolism. I am noticing Non-Scale Victories...there's the drop in clothes sizes (from 18/20 in pants to Misses 14, and from a 3X top to a Large or Extra-large. Other non-scale victories include the amount of time I can stand and walk. Before my bariatric surgery I could only stand for 5 minutes at a time, but now that I'm a little lighter, I can stand for 20-30 minutes. And I can walk Santa for 4 blocks now whereas before I couldn't get around our block without pain by the end.

I had a great workout with my trainer yesterday. We did legs (side lunges, sumo squats and machines), chest and back, triceps, and an ab machine (that simulated crunches but with weight resistance). I was a bit hesitant to try that one because I hadn't even done crunches yet, but I figured I'd do a rep or two with no weight resistance and if I had pain I could stop. I didn't have any pain and I was even able to add a light weight to the resistance.

My energy is doing better for the most part, although by 6 or 7 pm, I'm starting to run out of steam.

===============================

Annie - I'm so proud of you for the weight loss!! Yup, we both have the same "tool" now. We can do this! You're an inspiration to me, girlfriend. I've been taking my B12 and other vitamins most of the time. Some mornings I forget. I'm pretty sure that blood work will happen at my 3 month post-op. I have my 6 week post-op appointment next week, where I meet with the surgeon and also the dietitian to show her my food log. So nice you made amends with your brother in Illinois! Glad you had a great time at your brother's band's show! So sweet that Jacob got some early presents! You're such a kind, loving and generous Nanna! To answer your question, I AM feeling better and better physically. Moving is just easier for me! Thanks for the tip about biotin. I just started taking that. So sorry to hear about C's hiatal hernia. Hopefully he can keep the symptoms under control with healthy eating. Funny about being a Peyton Manning fan. I've never been a big Colts fan or Broncos fan, but I enjoy watching Peyton Manning play.

Terra - I'm so sorry I've been behind on reading the posts. I'm so sorry to hear about Clyde, but take comfort in knowing you did the right thing and he's not in pain anymore. Nice to think of him in heaven with your grandma. The hardest thing about having animals in your life is that they don't live as long as we do.

Susie - I also watched the Michael Buble Christmas show. And Blake Shelton had a Christmas special that I enjoyed also. That's so cool that you have a stand-up desk and will get to try out a treadmill desk!! So cool! So nice of you to send your gym bag to Happy! So nice that your DH loves to bake! I'm so sorry to hear that your fitbit broke, but at least they replaced it for free. As for turning 50, I did that a couple years ago, and like you, I can't figure out where the years went. I still feel like I'm in my late 20s/early 30s. LOL I'm really sorry...I think I forgot why your DH needs a fistula. My apologies. Congrats to him on the weight loss! Well done!

Laura - Good for you for skipping the finger food at the office holiday party. I was invited to a holiday party with some friends last Saturday but by the time I visited Bob and ran the errands I needed too, I was just too tired. You're definitely right that now isn't the time to eat out a lot. I happened to have had lunch with a friend a bit over a week ago at Chilis and the chicken tortilla soup was good and I tolerated it well, which is why when getting together with another friend, I pretty much insisted that we go to Chilis...she understood. She was afraid I wouldn't be able to eat ANYTHING at a restaurant since I haven't graduated to "regular" foods yet. I need to start doing a plank challenge. I'm so sorry to hear you've come down with a cold. Feel better soon, my friend. I really like those Lil Dippers. Mine is still packed away somewhere in storage. Other than Christmas Eve (today), Christmas and the day after, I don't have any special plans for my time off. Just working out, and visiting Bob. Just reading your posts and all you do, shopping, baking, etc. makes me tired!

Happy - I just love seeing the photos you post on Facebook, especially the one of the owl! Absolutely breathtaking! Oooh, Annie had a great idea about framing it. Can you please email it to me too? I can PM you my email addy if you don't have it. How nice that you found a new rocker/recliner chair for you, along with tables, a lamp and a bookcase! I guess he must really think you're nice! Bummer that you have to get rid of your monster plant! I wish I did that well with indoor plants. Wow, $50 on goodies! Well, if it makes your mom happy, that's what's important. Glad you liked the new yoga class. I've never tried Kundalini yoga.

Shad - Good for you on the plank challenge! I need to work up to a minute. Have your tummy issues and summer cold subsided? No fun to feel under the weather for the holidays. The plant you found in the garden is very pretty. Take care when wheelbarrowing the stones. Beautiful photo of the birds.

Ceejay - Having a quiet Christmas is sometimes really nice and exactly what we need. Now that you're done cleaning your house, I wish you could come clean mine! LOL

Dee - So sorry to hear you re-fractured your foot. Happy Belated birthday to your DH! Wow! 5 Sewing machines and 3 serger machines!! That's impressive, but in your line of work...definitely necessary! I'm very impressed by the success of your business. To answer your question...I don't think Santa notices a difference in how I look, but he does REALLY enjoy our longer walks, especially since I can walk at a faster pace. On rare occasions, insurance will sometimes pay for skin surgery. I'm hoping mine will pay for it, if I need it down the road. Most plastic surgeons want you to be at least 18 months post-op. Thank you and your DH for your prayers. He definitely needs them. His attitude is positive most of the time. I just hope he can still be positive despite another rough surgery. Thank you for your very kind words. Bob and I have been friends for 30 years.

Santa and I wish you all a happy Christmas Eve and a Very Merry Christmas!! I'll try and post tomorrow morning, but it might be after we get back from Christmas luncheon.

Much love and many hugs

Last edited by diyana; 12-24-2014 at 12:34 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #176  

The phone has kept me busy most of the morning but nothing to important. The ones that don't respond I just tell them that the office is closed till Friday. I've had to call out the sewer stand by person twice.
Called my aunt to check on them and tell them I'm not coming till Saturday. My uncle's potassium got to low yesterday but he's doing better today.
Believe it or not I'm making chicken and dressing tomorrow in the crock pot.

---------
Annie
Yeah for another pound down this week. It's always good to have family around during Christmas. I'm looking forward to sleeping in in the morning and not having to rush, get things packed and drive an hour sometimes an hour and 15 minutes.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #177  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

And a very Merry Christmas to you all. I hope that you have a loving and peaceful time with friends and family.

My cold returned with a vengeance last night and I spent a long time coughing and spluttering. This morning I feel pretty awful. So I am just going to sit here and drink my coffee and not think about the million things that need doing. I'm still alive, if somewhat battered, and that is about all that matters at the moment.

Today I am going to my nieces house for brunch. I will take a fruit platter since fruit is really all that interests me at the moment and a yoghurt dip for the fruit. I have two little outfits for my grand nieces which will need t be wrapped shortly - they are sweet little clothes. I also bought one for little miss S since they were on special at buy two, get one free.

I have the DS2's cat for a few days since they have gone away to Turkey Beach for the holiday. J's father has cancer and is not given long to live. The cat thinks that he owns the joint after only a few minutes in it. Miss Puss acts like her nose is out of joint, but I notice she doesn't get stuck into him when he teases her.

So I need to go and get somewhat activated. Only a couple of hours before I need to be down the road and a few things that have to be done prior to leaving.

I hope Santa leaves nice things under the tree for you all. It's a bit dreary and grey here today, but no doubt the heat will ratchet up soon and we will all be complaining about the humidity.

Iwas going to post some pics of the little dresses. I'll have to do that when I get back as time has slipped away again.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #178  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Here you go. The clothes went down well with the mother if not the kids.

Not that the kids didn't like them. Little Miss E didn't feel too well and big Miss S (as opposed to little Miss S - grand daughter) was too excited at the number of presents under the tree to get enthusiastic about the leggings and lilac top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas 2014 004 (800x432).jpg (27.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Christmas 2014 006 (800x600).jpg (24.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Christmas 2014 011 (600x800).jpg (18.1 KB, 8 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #179  

Shad
Hope you feel better soon. Think the cold/flu virus has struck in our area too. My friend that moved last year has the flu. I'm hoping my stuffy head
is from all the dust I've been breathing cleaning out files.

Merry Christmas to each of you and enjoy the day.

I'm enjoying the quiet--no running motors, just the t.v. Slept late this morning. Dressing is in the crock pot. Read on FB that my nephew's son was in urgent care and hospital part of the night. He has the croop and had to have breathing treatments. I called and wished my aunt and uncle a Merry Christmas and now I'm waiting on my sisters to call me which will probably be tonight. To much going on right now for them.
We had evaluations at work. I'm pleased with a 4% raise.
Ummm, dressing is smelling good
Old 12-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #180  
Choose your hard

Merry Christmas Dear Friends From My House to Yours

It's going to be a quiet one here. I have a lovely prime rib roast for tonight's dinner. Yesterday we had crab legs (me) and lobster tails (him) in a nod to the old traditional fish on Christmas Eve.

I went to the gym yesterday, came home and finished the garland with lights on the stairway bannister - one of my favorite touches. That was a big ordeal as pieces were in bits all over the basement because of us having to shuffle things around so much in the spring with all the excess water. By the time I got supper going I was dead tired.

DH is feeling like he's getting a cold - me a bit also so today will be a chill day either watching all those Christmas movies I recorded or just reading - I have a stack of books to go through including at least 4 due back at the library in a week.

I hope you all are having a good holiday yourselves. DH just ran outside - he left the car out on the driveway for some reason and the stupid turkeys have surrounded it and are pecking on it. They must think it's some threat to their food supply - go AWAY stranger.

Anyway - just popped in to say hello. Have a good day everyone!