Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 11:04 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies,

You ladies crack me up! I love the humor on this thread.

Jana, I have to agree witht he others about your dd & sil. It may have been their house but when company is around they should take it elsewhere and she shouldn't have told you to mind your business. They definitely owe you an apology. Good for dd-16, I bet she is beautiful! A new do always makes me feel better about myself too, and I am in desperate need of one. I can't just yet though. I have been growing my hair out for Locks of Love and have to have 10 inches to send them and I have a few inches to go unles I want to go butch. WTG on your loss! So how are you liking your new bracelet? I bet it is simply gorgeous on your wrist.

Marti, I too saw the photo of Tonya and thought she was gorgeous! And definitely don't see where she needs to lose. I haven't posted any photos of myself, too leary. Actually, I am waiting for a good one. I had taken some and was not pleased with them at all so I have a partial roll of film to finish off and hopefully some will be fine. Otherwise it will be November when we have our Christmas photo taken, for some reason they always seem to turn out really nice.

Michelle, where/how do you get a site with yahoo to post the photos like you have? That definitely would save space here, of course I don't know that I would post more than 2 or 3. I haven't checked anything out except to look at your photos which are great by the way.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you all had a great day and have a better one tomorrow. See ya later ladies...
Old 08-04-2003, 11:31 PM   #32  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

My eldest donated her hair to a local prgram that provides wigs to Vermont children with cancer--she thought it neat that she might someday run into someone wearing her hair.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:21 AM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

I was wondering the same thing Cristi was about the photos on yahoo. That would really save space. I've been telling my daughter that I would go in and have photo's done with her for Christmas for the last two, maybe three years and I still haven't done that. And you know what she finally told me this spring??? She said: "Mom, I don't care how you look, you always look beautiful to me, you're my mommy." How can I not go in this year??? Brought a tear to my eye! She is my inspiration! And she is only 9!

When I had long hair, I had thought about "locks of love" but I couldn't cut it all at once. I had to do it in stages. But looking back, I sure wish that I had. It's a wonderful thing. I've noticed looking back at some of my heavier days with long hair, that I really didn't do much with it. It brought me down you know what I mean? Almost like I was hiding behind it all. And once I cut it to the length that I really enjoy, which is just below my ears, I have more confidence in myself! You wouldn't think that hair would do that!

Well, I e-mailed a few of my friends about this site and I'm hoping they'll join in on the fun. (we do have fun here right?) I explained to them that it's like family and everyone is so caring, friendly, and we like to hear about anything with out passing judgement. I'll have to wait and see what they thought.

My house is starting to look great!! If Michelle will share her secret to having photos through yahoo, I have "before" pictures and I plan on getting some after that I will share with you all if you would like. I stood in the living room today and just smiled. I'm so happy with the way it looks. We put in wood flooring and it made such a change!! The kitchen looks fantastic, and we bought a new refridgerator! (I'm excited about a fridge ladies!!) Let's hope I don't fill it with twinkies and cupcakes!!!

It's getting late so I better close for the night. Hope everyone has a goodnight and goodmorning tomorrow!!

Marti
Old 08-05-2003, 01:53 PM   #34  
One day at a time

Aaaaaaaah! I am getting so angry! The last two days I have lost so many posts! Is anyone else having any problems? I go to submit my post and it says I am not logged on, I have logged on 4 times this morning. Okay, I will try one more time.

Marti, your dd sounds so sweet. Kids are so precious and you muct go have a photo with her. That will make her day and it will be a day she will treasure forever. I know what you mean about getting your hair cut in stages. I have wanted to cut my hair so many times because I too feel my hair is dragging me down. But I made a promise to myself to see this through and it is for a great cause so I have to do it. My dd was going to do it also, she has this beautiful thick dark brown hair and I just thought that would make a beautiful wig, she couldn't do it. Her hair got to her! I have about 3-4 inches to go depending on how short I want to go before I can get it cut. Yes, I would believe a new hair cut/style can give a person more confidence, and boost your self-esteem, it does. There's nothing like being pampered for a few hours. I have never had a manicure or pedicure and the more I go into Wal-Mart the more I want one. I have always done my nails myself but thought the other day when I saw a man getting a manicure how nice it would be to have someone else do it for a change. Maybe that will be a treat/reward for this next mini-goal.

Kat, that would be so cool to see someone walking down the street with your (dds) hair.

I haven't managed my workout as of yet but it will be done before the day is over. Took dd driving early this morning, she is doing pretty good. I am still not confident enough to let her drive on her own. That probably won't happen for a while. I read an article about teen drivers and they thought that parents don't spend enough time teaching their kids to drive before letting them go on their own. My dd gets distracted too easily and I am really afraid to let her drive alone, it may be months before I do. She tried last year and really wasn't interested the reason I didn't pressure her. I've even taken her out at night so she could get used to that. I have been waiting for it to rain so she doesn't freak out whe she has to drive in it, I think the snow will be the worst. Anyway, we'll see.

Hi Jana, Kayecee, Michelle, Mel, Ruth, Carree and anyone else I may have missed. I hope EVERYONE is having a great day today! TTFN
Old 08-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #35  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

I am in a big hurry, but have been busy all day and not able to be here. Now one of my sisters is on the way out here with her boyfriend.

I wanted to say HI and also say that while I was at Walmart today, a friend that I haven;t seen for awhile came up to me and said "You're losing weight!" That felt so good! I showed her my bracelet and told her about WW (she asked...).

DD and I still haven't spoken. I don't like it, but I am not going to initiate anything with her. I have seen SIL only because he brings the twins to me when I want them.

Have a good one!
Jana
Old 08-05-2003, 11:37 PM   #36  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I can relate about not wanting your teen to drive alone right away. Mine came back from driver's ed with a statistic saying that the risk of an accident for a new driver does not decline until they have at least 600 hours of experience. Mine has about 50. I'll let her run short errands or drive to and from school, but if its night, raining, snowing, etc she can't drive alone just yet. My car is a standard and her dad is teaching her to drive a stick shift over the next two weeks while she is in New Mexico, but she can't drive my car alone until I've ridden with her and am confident that she can handle the added level of complexity.(plus won't toast my clutch)

She's now just about finished her flight and I'm assuming no news is good news. I walked just under 3 miles in the airport terminal, so I'm going to go ahead and call that my workout for the day.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:17 AM   #37  
One day at a time

This is for Carree tomorrow:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARREE!!
Hope your day is special and fun!

Jana, I don't blame you for not making the first move with your dd, she definitely owes you an apology. Isn't it such a great feeling and the greatest compliment when someone notices your loss? You should be so proud because you have done an awesome job with your loss, I am happy for you. Now send some of those vibes this way!

Kat, I'm sure your dd is fine. I would get stressed when my son would fly. What got me was he was supposed to call as soon as he reached his destination, never happened. He would wait a couple of hours once he got there, he had to get settled in and relax ya know. Ugh, kids! I don't think they realize how stressed we actually get.

Well, I hope everyone had a good day. Talk to you ladies tomorrow.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-06-2003 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:35 AM   #38  
GmaTo8

Talking

Good morning ladies,

Carree - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and are treated like a queen all day ~ you deserve it. Any special plans for the day? If I could, I'd take you to lunch today!

Marti - awww, your DD9 is a sweetie! Cherish these innocent years! Hope your friends join us! Do they know how crazy we are?? But caring, very caring. I'd love to see your house - post pics as soon as you can. Hey, I get all excited about new appliances, too. I just about wet myself when I got a range that turns on to a pre-set temp and time while I'm away from the house!

Cristi - I've never ever had a manicure or pedicure, either. It would be very nice to be pampered! And goodness knows I should go get my nails done professionally since I always get some polish on the skin around them. That's why I usually stick with clear polish. :blush:

Kat - I feel for you, having DD flying too far from the nest. We want them to go, then lose sleep over their safety. I bet she was really looking forward to seeing her dad.

Hi to the others.

Here's my news - DD knocked on the door last night and came in warily. I just looked at her and she started to cry and said she was so sorry for what she and sil did. (I will talk to HIM later) I hugged her, and said for her to never let something like that happen again. She said she has missed me, and I told her the same. We talked a little more about it, and I could tell she was ashamed of herself - as she should be! I dried her tears the same way I did when she was a little girl. And I feel so much better! Another mini-crisis over and done with. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, I guess.

I have been doing very good with the food. Not too bad with the water. I do the WATP when my knee will let me, but I'm not too worried about that right now.

I bought a sweater for my 35 pound loss, when I get there. It is a V-neck, in azure (a funny blue) and both my DDs said to get new black pants to go with it. Which I do already have black pants - don't we all!!! But I need new, smaller ones. YAY!!! I am 7 1/4 pounds from meeting that goal. The reward system is working out well so far.

Gotta get Mount Washmore under control.
BBL,
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 08-06-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:53 PM   #39  
One day at a time

Good Day All

Jana, I am so glad to hear you and your dd are speaking again, and that she apologized. WTG on staying OP and on your next reward, the sweater sounds so pretty. I am definitely going to try the reward system myself. I think a pedicure sounds fabulous! I too make a mess of my nails on occasion but let me give you a tip. Once your nails are dry if you soak your hands in water the nail polish usually peels right off. I have been polishing my nails since I was 15 and while I have gotten better over the years there still is the occasional mess up, oh well.

Marti, I forgot to mention about the photos of your house, I too would love to see them. I was just so frustrated yesterday from losing so many posts I completely forgot. Also, about the appliance-I just assumed every woman got excited about a new one! Hey I got excited about our new stove and microwave that's goes above the stove. Even though I have lost my desire to cook I do like my kitchen to look nice!

Okay, ladies I hope you all are having a wonderful day. And Carree I hope your are celebrating like there is no tomorrow! Later ladies...
Old 08-07-2003, 08:28 AM   #40  
GmaTo8

Do Not Post Here - Go to Chit Chat #2

See you there!
Closed Thread