Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 05:57 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies

Just something I wanted to share with you ladies. I think we sometimes need to be reminded how special we all are.

Some Inspiration

Your presence is a present to the world.
You are unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You will make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Do not put limits on yourself.
So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
The longer one carries a problem the heavier it gets.
Do not take things too seriously.
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way.
Remember that a lot...goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
Life's treasures are people together.

Realize that it is never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have heart, and hope, and happiness.
Take the time to wish upon a star.

AND DO NOT EVER FORGET...
FOR EVEN A DAY
HOW VERY SPECIAL YOU ARE!

~by Bill Greer,
Chicken Soup for the Veteran's Soul
Old 08-01-2003, 06:20 PM   #17  
One day at a time

Kat, sending some good vibes for you to cope with your dd's driving test and her flight. : : I'm sure she will be fine. I have to say I agree with Mel but at the same time if it were me I too would be anxious. I get anxious when ever they leave the house. WTG on your weigh in!

Jana, I do hope your dgd is doing better, hopefully the new antibiotic will help her. That poor baby, I feel for her. She is never going to want a needle coming near her again. I'm sure you son-in-law will be fine. Both my dh's had a vasectomy and although it was a pretty simple procedure they were a bit sore for a couple of days. Sending ((((((((HUGS)))))))) for your family.

Michelle, have fun with the business courses.

Mel, I do hope you get that job at General Mills , but 7 days a week with 12 hour days, I feel for you. That is about what my hubby does most of the time.

I also don't care to cook in this eat. It gets too hot in the kitchen and after sweating while cooking I don't even feel like eating afterwards. Like Jana, I too use a crockpot-they are the GREATEST! Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great Friday. I need to get off this thing and try to get something together for dinner, something light for sure. Take care ladies.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:50 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hello oh jaded ones!!

Kat - on the weight loss!! You'll get to Onederland before you know it! Is your kiddo nervous at all about flying and the driver's test? I think she will be just fine - kids today are so street smart! I think my 16yo could do it, too, but I'd worry myself silly!

Mel - glad your DH helps around the house. Mine does, too, and I don't even work outside the home. But somedays are hairier than others, so we all chip in. I have to say I'd cave under the kind of hours General Mills wants you to work! The money would be great, but wowee, those are some looonnnnggg hours, sweetie. But you know yourself better than anyone else, and if you think it's the thing to do, we will back you 100%!!

Cristi - Aww, what I sweet poem!! I am copying it because we are always wanting something like that to read at our church functions. Btw - I have a great Beef Stroganoff recipe. It is not "lite" but I eat what the family eats, just in smaller portions. If you don't already have one, let me know, and I'll post it.

Hi to the others...

Now for the good news. Makenzie has been fever-free for 24 hours, so they sent her home. Thanks to everyone for the good vibes and prayers. Also, DSIL got the snip-snip. He is walking funny and looking for sympathy, but I can't say I blame him. DD22 (Mary) is totally worn out! I know the whole family will sleep a lot better tonight with everyone home under one roof.

I hope you guys know that ANYONE can start a new topic! Please feel free to post additional threads about whatever topics you want!

I am going to go soak in the tub and I'll talk to you fine ladies tomorrow.

Jana
Old 08-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Kat - I just read your bio and am still chuckling! I forgot about "The Reach"! For those of you who don't know, it is a description of how you run out of arm length in the bathroom when you gain too much weight. Makes certain chores unhandy, to say the least! Also, I have to tell you, I have never even heard of the movies you mentioned. This does not surprise me!! I KNEW you would come up with something totally off the wall since you, my friend, are totally off the wall yourself. ( I mean that in a good way!) So please share with us more abou the movies, 'k?

What's everyone doing today? I am planning to do some scapbooking. The kitchen floor needs mopped but hey, it will still be there, right???

BBL,
Jana
Old 08-02-2003, 02:56 PM   #20  
One day at a time

Hi and happy saturday ladies!

Jana, I can tell in your post you seem in better spirits. I am so glad everyone is fine and at home. And yes please do share your recipe for beef stroganoff. My kids love it but I don't make it that often and I too don't fix two different meals I eat what everyone else eats, just smaller portions. Or should I say they eat what I eat. I am dying to try your cake recipe but I don't normally bake cakes unless it is a special day, birthday or holiday.

Kat, I loved your bio also, and I too have never heard of those movies and believe me I watch A LOT of movies!

Jana you reminded me I NEED to get some done on my dd's scrapbook. I am making one for each of the kids and started hers but have a ways to go. Hmmmm, maybe we can do that today. I don't have any plans today, except laundry and hopefully a walk on the treadmill. I woke up with a horrible crick in my neck and my lower back is killing me for some reason so we will see about the walk.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:10 PM   #21  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

If you get a chance, by all means check out those films--they are wonderful. Powow Highway is a coming of spiritual age film but might be harder to find, as it is from the early 80s. Rabbit Proof Fence is a fairly new release, but its an independent film and may be a little hard to find because of that. Interlibrary Loan may be a good way to get both of them and has the plus of being free.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:09 PM   #22  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...0983?vi=glance

That will tell you about powwow highway.
My kids loved it when they were tiny and would stop crying or fussing and sit there riveted to the screen for the entire duration of the film. We must have watched it hundreds of times.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:06 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hiya ladies,

Cristi - Hope your neck and back are better today. And I'll post the Beef Stroganoff recipe soon.

Kat - thanks for the film info! They both sound really interesting.

I am so embarrassed and angry. My DH's sister, her husband and a niece from a different sil were here earlier to get produce and visit. (We haven't seen these people since Christmas.) While we were all outside enjoying the summer day, my DD and son-in-law come outside, (they live very close) cussing up a storm and fighting. He was going to leave, but she wouldn't let him take her SUV. They both were screaming at the tops of their lungs. And saying effen this and effen that... and when they saw all of us, they still behaved that way!!! I apologized to our company, and asked them to knock it off. My DD told me to mind my own effen business. I think she owes me and her dad a real big apology. Don't you? Or should they be able to act the way they want at their own home?

BBL,
Jana
Old 08-03-2003, 03:57 PM   #24  

Height: 5'1"

Jana- Oh what a situation to be in! My opinion is yes to both. Yes, they should be able to do and say what they want at their own house, but they should also apologize for making a scene once they realized that they weren't alone! Plus, you should always show respect and not curse out your parents. If anyone they're the ones who should be embarrassed.

I remember a time (about 10yrs. ago) when my ex-husband and I were at a New Years party and we got into a fight. A big loud one, and everyone there just listened. The next day, I felt so ashamed (alcohol will make you stupid!) that the both of us went to every persons house to apologize! I felt very embarrassed having to do that, but I also wanted them know what I fool I had been. Needless to say, we NEVER did that again. We're also no longer together! I hope things are better for your DD and SIL.

I was browsing around earlier and found a picture that Tonya posted of herself. She's such a beauitful girl!! And I really can't see where she needs to lose the weight. She looks great!! I posted again on the support forum to remind everyone that we had moved. And to let Tonya know that I saw her picture. I am always afraid to post my pictures. I never feel comfortable when I'm having my picture taken, so finding one that I think looks decent is a chore for me. Maybe if I can find the one that was taken at our last company holiday party I will post that. That was when I was only 10lbs away from my goal. And I felt fabulous. Can't wait to get to that point again!! Have any of you girls posted a picture of yourself yet?? If so, where would I go to see them?? It's always nice to put a face to the name. But I also understand keeping in private. I'm going to think about whether I want to post one or not. (have to find the picture first)

Hope everyones weekend is going nicely. I've started packing. And oh there is soooooo much packing!!! Wonder how many trips to the Goodwill and the dump I will be making!!!

Take care
Marti
Old 08-03-2003, 10:30 PM   #25  

Hello everyone!!

Jana Yes, youd DD & SIL owe you and your company an apology, yes, they have a right to talk anyway they want in their own house and I stress inside, the world does not need to know they are fighting and what they are fighting about. I hate when we can hear our neighbors fighting. Every couple fights now and then, but it should be like sex, in the privacy of your home not out where everyone can see it. BTW, glad everyone is feeling better!

Marti I'm with you on the picture, I hate having my picture taken (always have) and don't know if I can find any good ones. I feel for you on the packing. When we bought our house I wouldn't even want to count how many trips I made to Goodwill or how many trash bags I set out at the curb of stuff that was just crap. I agree with George Carlin, when your house gets full, just move, you can always get more stuff. I keep telling DH that if we move again, whoever buys our house gets furniture and all and if he doesn't move quick enough they might get him too
The only thing I want to take is our pets.

Cristi Hope you start feeling better soon.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Ta, Mel
Old 08-04-2003, 01:50 AM   #26  

Height: 5'1"

Question here!
I went to see what it was all about by pushing the "subscribe to this forum" and it just said...you are now subscribed to this forum. What did I do? What does that mean? Please explain this to me..... is this something we have to pay for???
Sorry for not knowing... and for just pushing on buttons!
I thought it would bring up some page of some kind to explain.
Can someone help explain?
Marti
Old 08-04-2003, 08:23 AM   #27  
GmaTo8

Happy Monday Ladies!

Marti - no, you will not be charged for subscribing to a thread. This means you will get an email notice when someone replies to any thread to which you subscribed. To read more about it, click on FAQ (frequently asked questions) at the top of the page. Look under the email section.

Mel - I love your (and George Carlin's) idea of moving when the house gets full!!! Although I am NOT a packrat, stuff that you just gotta keep sure builds up!

Regarding pictures, I would post mine, but decided against getting a digital camera right now. the one I want is buku bucks. I'd love to see all of the Jaded Ladies faces. I don't mind my picture taken because my mom thought she was too fat to get in any pictures. Now she is gone and we have so few! I vowed that I wouldn't do that to my family, and after all, we look the same whether it's on a photo or not!

Thank you both for the input on the DD/SIL blowup. We haven't heard a word from either of them since it happened...... I'll let you know what was said when we do. Marti - you behaved very responsibily to apologize to everyone when you had a similar situation.

Have a good day and I'll check in later.
Jana

PS I almost forgot to mention my 1/2 pound loss this week. Not much, but I'll take it! It's like 2 sticks of butter, right?
Old 08-04-2003, 09:10 AM   #28  
Fit and Feisty

My, my, my! I am once again so behind in all of the activity on this board. Jana, who would have thought that just be changing our name, we would have all of this wonderful company?

Jana, my thoughts and prayers for your sweet granddaughter. Lots of stress, but God is in control of everything. That sure is one lesson that I had to learn the hard way.

Saw a really great film this weekend, "Seabiscuit". It was so good that my DH and I would see it again and actually pay to see it again!

Love,
carree
Old 08-04-2003, 09:11 AM   #29  

Hi Ladies!

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fun filled weekend!
Mine was quiet, and mostly filled with dog training, and business research.

To answer your question Jana..Yes! I am very excited about the business courses. Ive always loved taking classes, but its been a while. The last one I took was a public speaking course. That was a tough one for me, but well worth it. Im not much of one for standing up in front of a crowd. The course taught me alot, and helped me out with that. Im thinking about taking pet first aid, and some training and grooming classes over the next few months.
Congrats once again on the loss! As far as your DD and SIL, I absolutely think they owe you an apology. Mostly for her telling you to "mind your effen business". No one should ever speak to their mother like that, and ESPECIALLY in front of guests. I know its hard not to be, but they should be embarassed instead of you.

I'd love to see pics of all of you. Trust me, nobody here cares about "bad pictures". Thats the good thing about this place. You can come here and just be yourself. I guarantee that no one on this board is going to judge you.
I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a seperate thread especially for photos, so it doesnt clog up this thread. I know some of you (Jana) have a hard time with hard to load threads.
If thats okay with everyone Ill start a new thread just for pics.

Hi to everyone else....did we lose a few people in the move??

It occured to me that maybe we could start our own talk show. All of us sitting around a table just talking.
We could call it "The Reach".

Take care ladies!

Michelle
Old 08-04-2003, 06:46 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hello ladies,

Carree - You know, when a couple of lurkers thought The Featherweights was a group who had only a few pounds to lose, that's what clued me in! And boy oh boy do I have a lot to lose!!Like you, I think it's cool that our new name helped bring in some new friends! Seabiscuit is a movie we talked about going to see, too. But we always think we're going, then end up renting them on DVD or PPV. Thanks for recommending it.

Michelle - OMG - The Reach!!! HOW HILARIOUS!!! I get to sit in Star Jones' chair! You can be Meridith Veirra (sp??) We can use the Charmin bathroom tissue commercial music for our theme song..... BTW, when do classes begin? Also, do you want me to sticky the photo thread?

Kat - see what you started????? LOL

Hi also to Marti, Angie, Cristi, Kayecee, Mel, and Ruth.

Took DD16 (Katie) to get her hair trimmed and highlited today. It was 84.50 before the tip (another 10.00) but it looks really good, and has given her more self-confidence.

Highlites to hair - 69.50
Trim to same hair - 15.00
Katies ego boost - priceless!

It's getting wild in here, so I better go for now.

BBL,

Jana
Closed Thread