Old 05-28-2014, 05:52 AM   #31  

Good morning gals. It is supposed to rain again today all day so we shall see. I turned off the AC around midnight when I got to go to the bathroom and it is off now, but won't be long and it will have to go back on.

I have to get some work done today. The female stuff cropped back up a few days ago and I haven't felt the best, but I have to get stuff done today. I also need to work on my knitting as I haven't in a few days. I have been reading a lot.

Jean: Our Navy base used to be where all the guys and gals came through for electronic school, but that is up in Chicago I think now. The only thing at this base is records and there is some national guard I think. This commissary gets enough business to keep it open so I am hoping they don't close, but if they do it will probably be a combo of Walmart and Kroger and the budget will definitely have to go up another $50 or so. I spent $306 this commissary weekend plus another $47 at Walmart for the stuff the commissary didn't have. We are eating a lot of salad as it is the one thing I can get Jack to eat regularly veggie wise. He eats carrots, green beans, okra, which I won't fix as he only will eat it fried, asparagus once in a while, corn and potatos and he likes cucumbers but not pickles. He won't eat anything but the iceberg salad mix though, no greens with spinach leaf or arugula or anything like that. I will be sorry for the strawberries to quit as he will eat strawberries and blueberries and apples in pies and such and that is about the extent of his fruit eating. A section of what they call the "flyover" which is the main area of the interstate is being finished since they got their government money and wow what a mess that is. The exit only lane that goes to Nashville was closed, which cut down the through traffic lane from the direction the commissary is in so that slowed us down coming home and lanes are blocked and such with the widening they are doing for miles both directions on the interstate and will continue for a couple years. It is just a big mess, but is supposed to give us 4 lanes in each direction which hopefully will help with the work traffic being bumper to bumper.

You all have a nice day today. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #32  

Good Afternoon! It's another nice sunny day in my neighborhood. This was my morning to work in the gift shop and I even had some business for a change! I met Bob at the dealership where I get my oil changed before going to the hospital. He met me for lunch and then we went to pick up my car. They were working on an airbag recall, which I saw in the paper but haven't received any official notice, and had to pull the front seats. We also think it still makes more noise than it should. Bob switched from GM to Ford and told the guy that his pickup is quieter than my Buick! Anyhow, I'm home and should vacuum fur bunnies and declutter the "joint."

"Gma" -- Our upstairs was warm last night. I opened the window on the lakeside bedroom and a cool breeze blew through. As I compare prices between the two grocery stores and WM, I shop wherever I end up. I never buy anything that's not packaged at WM, in fact I only buy grocery items there if I happen to be there for something else. I hope you are feeling better today.

I need to get busy and get something done before Bob gets home. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #33  
Thin Within

Talking This Thread Is Closed

Please go to the #81, Thanks Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote