Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 10:19 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Talking ~~July Jaded Ladies # 6~~

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of women who support each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana

Old 07-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Kayecee - The pedicure is a very good idea!! Watch out for Melanie Griffith, she could get mean when her man flirts you up!

Angie - sheesh, I hope there were no fatalities in the wreck! How's your mom gonna take the news that you aren't coming home?

Ruth - thanks for the photo info!

Hi also to Michelle, Kat, Carree and Marti

I'm so mad at my DH! I was talking to him and I saw that glazed-over look in his eyes... he wasn't listening at all! Okay, okay, I was talking about WW points again, but hey, I listen to HIS boring stuff! So I just left the room and came here to lick my wounds. Sniff, sniff....... he's in the kitchen now, unloading the dishwasher, trying to suck up.... dang, he sure looks cute in there....

BBL,
Jana
Old 07-18-2003, 11:34 PM   #3  

Default Hey Y'all!

Angie- Sorry to hear about your rough night. I hope you rest better tonight. Was anyone hurt seriously or killed? (And don't worry- it doesn't matter what job you have- around TOM they all suck. LOL)

Ruth- My daughter is 3, son is 10. I don't blame you, I would rather have my kids safe in the nest than with some jerk. At least she got out- a lot never do. Here are some good vibes your way.

Jana- Uh, huh! Keep on watching him bending over that dishwasher and somebody may be getting make-up nookie! LOL Hey! Why did you end so abruptly?

(As for Melanie Griffith, I can take her too! )

Well, no one got food poisoning at the men's fish fry! I picked DS up from his party and went with SIL and her kid to eat pizza. (Yes... I sinned and had 4 slices of thin cheese pizza and a coke- BUT I was busy and on the road today so up to that time I had only eaten 8 points- I came home- ate no more- and WATP in retribution! Again, not perfect- but baby steps- I hadn't gorged all day then eaten 6 slices of supreme and 2-3 cokes on top of it- and the only sweet I had today was a plum- Woo! Hoo! for me!)

Tomorrow, the kids and I are going with DH to finish a job about an hour away. (Actually DH will work while we 3 look for yard sales! We have a 50/50 relationship- he makes the money and I spend it! ) After I spend all of the money that DH made this week, we are going to have some friends over to play cards tomorrow night. Uhhhh.... Uno not Poker.... we have such wild Saturday nights around here in Arkansas!

Well, gotta get up early in the morning... them yard sales start at dawn. Night all!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:53 PM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Man, I spend time with the kids for a few days and four threads spring up.

Welcome to all the new faces and hello all the familiar old friends.
We've been cleaning, when not weeding out and cleaning swimming, and teaching my eldest to drive. THAT is the scariest thing I think I've ever done! Still, she is improving each time she drives, and I haven't managed to wear a hole in the passenger side floor yet, so there is hope for both of us. If anyone finds my wits, please forward them back to me via parcel post.

I haven't been eating all that much lately, but my weight has been bouncing up and down from 217 to 220 and back again. I'm not sure whats up with that, but I would sure like to see 215 one of these days. (Freudian slip there...I had typed 117-120 and back again--hows THAT for wishful thinking?)
Old 07-19-2003, 10:33 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Wink

Good Saturday Morning,

Kayecee - you crack me up!! I can just see it now - a picture of you and Melanie on the cover of Enquirer Magazine - and the headline "Arkansas WW mangles Melanie"! And yes, DH and I made up... He is the type of guy you just can't stay mad at, ya know? Hey, you did fine with the pizza. Guess what we do most evenings since reruns are on? We play Yahtzee!! How boring is that!

Kat - my youngest is driving now, and I have lived to tell it, . In Indiana, new drivers can't take anyone under 18 with them for 90 days, which is a very good law, and her 90 days just passed. So she and 2 friends went to the movies last night, then to the DQ. DH and I were just glad we didn't have to do the driving, lol.

Hi to the others.

Well, we're going to Evansville again today to visit bil with the broken leg. He is such an active man, and it's killing him to be restricted. Other than that, the options are open.

BBL,
Jana
Old 07-19-2003, 12:04 PM   #6  

Talking Hey Y'all!

fropvd- I like your little slip- Hey, 117 is a more attainable goal than me and Antonio Banderas! Too bad we ain't cavemen- I could beat the crud out of Melanie and drag him away by the hair of his head!!! This big old woman could accomplish that!

Do you live in the country or city? I can't imagine having a kid to teach driving and living in somewhere like New York or Los Angeles! We live out in the boonies. Our son is only 10 but he is already very good at driving. We take him out on the levees and dirt roads around here and let him drive every few weeks. He's been doing it since he was 9. What can I say, that's how we rednecks handle it. LOL This way, you get used to him driving a little before you actually have to meet any traffic and I think he will be pretty confident by then. I like what Jana said about the law in her state. I hope they pass something like that here before DS gets his permit.

Jana- Don't forget to renew your subscription to the Enquirer. I would hate for you to miss me on the front cover. I will make sure to wear a thong that day just to make it more interesting!

So you and DH made up, huh.... I knew you ended abruptly

to bil- how on earth did he break it? Just don't ask me about my hubby- he has the strangest accidents- and I mean strange. There really should be a spot for him in the Guinness Book of World Records. LOL

Well, DH didn't have to work today. It stormed last night so all of the dirt is wet. He and the kids slept in. I only got 1/2 mile into WATP before a "friend" called and woke up everyone in the house! Some friend! I sure wasn't gonna stand in the living room in that goofy looking ab belt and prance this butt around, so I stopped. Hopefully, I'll find time to finish later.

Gotta go buy some groceries and clean house. Have a good day. (BTW I love Yahtzee!)
Old 07-19-2003, 12:23 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies!
I wish I could remember who it was that gave me the visiual example of how to keep motivated....but thank you! I will try that today! (sorry girls, I will try to get to know the names)
Hope all of you are enjoying the weather. (Depending on where you're located) Here in Oregon it's been staying in the mid-high 80's and sometimes that's just to darned HOT! (Some of us Oregonians can be such wimps when it comes to heat, speaking for myself of coarse! )

Well, I have to admit something,, I haven't really been on the ball lately with even TRYING to do something with my weight. And of coarse I have such good excuses for it too. Such as, I've been helping remodel a house and attending computer classes. You know..., GOOD excuses! Unfortunately, the fast food stops are going to start really catching up with me once the house is finished and I am no longer moving all the time. Wait, I believe it's already starting to catch up with me,,,, didn't I say that I had gained back 10lbs. in the last three months?

I have been saying that my goal is to lose those 10lbs. plus another five by the end of the year. Time is FLYING by so if I plan on even reaching a little weight loss I better get myself in gear!!

So,,, I seen that some of you do WW at home. Can any of you help me out with trying to start and do that too? What should I do? Where do I get info? I had subscribed to the magazine a few months ago and ordered the cookbook. That's a start isn't it??? (I'm trying a little bit. :-)) But seriously, I would very much like to try this too. It's very close to the nutrition program that I was a part of when I worked at Sony.

Ok, I'm going to go enjoy the day of sunshine with my daughter. They have some town event going on today and I thought we would go check it out. Enjoy your day ladies. And I promise to get to know your names. I also plan on telling some friends of mine about this place. It's great!!

Until next time.
Marti

Old 07-20-2003, 08:14 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Default It's Sunday!

Hi Ladies,

Kayecee - Heh heh heh... yeah, I can't stay mad at DH. He is the sort of guy who looks all hangdog when he's hurting, so being the softy that I am, I made up. Actually, he is really sweet, but his attention span re: WW, shoes, decorating, and stuff like that is minimal. BIL is a lineman for the electric co. and a telephone pole rolled off a truck and up his left leg. He will be out of work for at least 4 months. The workman's comp is pretty good, since no taxes are taken out of it. Btw - I do my WATP in private, too.

Marti - you can thank or blame me for the imaging, depending on how it turns out. I got my WW stuff from eBay. The only meetings around here were held on the one day I couldn't go, so that's what I did. If you do that, make SURE you get the points calculator/slider. The set should be somewhere around 40 bucks. It includes a Food Point Guide, an Eating Out Guide, a Journal (which also has the points range inside) the Points Slider, and a black bag to keep it all in. I don't know what all you could get at a meeting...... The fact that you are getting the magazine and have bought the cookbook says you are serious about this! Btw - please tell your friends to come on over!

Good news ladies - I'm down 1 1/2 more this week for a total of 24 pounds. Just 1 more til I get to wear the bracelet.

Today is the installation of our new minister at church. It is a formal ceremony followed by a reception. (I know the menu and have already figured my points for this. ) We have had a substitute pastor for over a year, and it will be so nice to have our own again!

Have a great day!
BBL,
Jana
Old 07-20-2003, 11:58 AM   #9  

Jana- As for your BIL, all I can say is OUCH!! Sending him a LOT of

O.k. Marti. If you are serious about this, we got your back. First of all you need the info. WW is going to change its program in the next 2 months. You need to go to the WW section on the 3FC forum. Under WW General there is a thread called "Winning Points and New 2003 Plan." It is about #6 or 7 down. Read it. I think I am going to stick to this current plan but you may not want to buy all of the info for it if you think you want to use the new one coming up. I think it is gonna be a modified Wendie plan, which is basically what I am doing.

In the meantime, you can find all of the info you need for the current WW plan online. I can tell you how many points you need. Just give me your current weight. The 3FC has all of the points info for restaurant eating. There are several sites out there that you can download journals, points calculators, etc. from. If you need your own points slide, for example, go to www.decreasingdiane.com and look under the goodies section to print out and make your own. Or, if you have a friend who attends meetings, have her to buy one for you. They are only a couple of bucks. As you can see, you have a ton of info at your fingertips. If there is anything in particular you need to know, just ask here or PM me.

BTW Jana! Woo Hoo on the weight loss!!! Keep it up!
Old 07-20-2003, 02:02 PM   #10  

I'm going to try this again,,,, it logged me out last time.

Jana- thank you for the visual help. I actually used it the yesterday and found that I REALLY liked how I visioned myself fitting back into my jeans that I had bought earlier this year!! So much so that I started feeling quite smug. But seriously, it really worked! thank you again! Also, congrats on the weight loss!! Every day is a struggle and losing just one or two lbs at a time is a huge accomplishment!! You will have to clue me in on the bracelet thing.

Kayecee- thanks for the tips on WW on line. I think my sister may have some stuff I can either get, or scan and copy from her. Hopefully she'll still have it. Will it let me know how many points I will need a day? My current weight is 145lbs. I'm really getting all hyper about all this! That's when I know that my motivation to start this is starting to kick in! Now that it's kicking in, it's the staying with it that's the hard part. But you are all so great here on this forum. I wish I had joined sooner!

I browsed around with the other topics and find that everyone seems to be like family here. I think that's a fantastic thing. I have already told a couple friends about this place,, I hope to see them here.

Well, the weather is beautiful and I have some painting to do so I will go. I think I will need to get the hang of everyones short cuts... I have no idea of what some of the initials are that you put down..... (Yes, I'm clueless!) And I'm still unsure how you put down some of your stats. (like your current weight, highest weight) the stuff you see under your login name..... feel free to guide me with that too.

Ok have a wonderful day!!
Marti
Old 07-20-2003, 07:46 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi all,

Kayecee - I had no idea you could get all that WW stuff on line!! That will sure save Marti some bucks. I did know this - you can go to dwlz.com and print out restaurant food points - I have 72 pages of them. All in a 3 ring binder. I also keep my daily points journal and the points of my family's favorite recipes in there. Very handy.

Marti - I have rewarded myself for pounds lost - 15 pounds gone got me a very nice walkman w/am fm radio. For 25 pounds, I have in my undies drawer a beautiful bracelet just waiting for me! At 35 gone, I am going to pick out a nice dressy fall outfit. With 100 pounds to lose, I had to do SOMETHING to keep it interesting, lol. My DH offered to buy these things for me, but I told him thanks, but no thanks, I want to do it for myself with my "stash". (The fact that I don't work outside the home and have no paycheck is to be ignored!)

I did it, ladies! I ate at the reception only what I had journaled !!! The sandwiches were so good and I was tempted to get another... .... but I didn't! I like to see the scale move downward more! And I wanted to be able to tell you guys that I DID IT!!!! Checking in here is great!

TTYL,
Jana
Old 07-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #12  

Default Hey y'all!

Jana- Way to go on the NSV! Won't be long until that bracelet starts bling blinging. 3FC has restaurant food points too. Just check the top of the forum under Fast Food Guide.

Marti- Your weight pegs you at 18-23 points according to the Wendie site. If I am wrong, someone correct me. As for the initials, here are a few: BTW = by the way; BIL= brother in law; MIL= mother in law; SIL= sister in law; DH= dear husband; DS= dear son; DD= dear daughter; NSV= non scale victory (i.e. sticking to your points, fitting into a smaller size even though the scale doesn't show a loss, having only a small slice of cake at a party, etc.) ; WATP= walk away the pounds videos; and of course, WW is weight watchers! LOL Just ask about any others you see! As for the stats, you have to go to the top of the forum to the User CP. I can't exactly remember, but it is pretty self-explanatory. I think it is under "signature" or something. Oh yeah, LOL is laugh out loud and LMAO is laughing my off and TOM is time of month (period). GOTTA know that last one. And anytime you use all caps (except in abbreviations), you are shouting. How rude of me. LOL BTW, I am a teacher, so there will be a short quiz over all of this tomorrow!

Hey to everyone else! Where are you guys? Did you all go AWOL for the weekend? You better not be on the beach somewhere!!!! I'll be jealous. See y'all later!

Last edited by Kayecee; 07-20-2003 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:39 PM   #13  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Oooh, thanks for the acronym lesson--I've been online for over 10 years now, so I know most of them, but WATP had me stumped.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:52 PM   #14  

LOL- Any more acronyms that have y'all wondering? eg (evil grin)

fropvd- I loved your profile! How long does it take to become a microbiologist? What does fropvd stand for? My other handle is kgqueen which means kindergarten queen. I stopped using it as much though because guys see the word queen and automatically try to hit on me when I play games. They don't realize I am some big old happily married reading teacher. LOL When are you moving?

Oh yeah, Marti! I forgot to mention fitday.com . This is a wonderful site that is free. You can track your weight, journal, keep fitness goals, etc. You can type in your height and weight and it will show you where you fall on the obesity scale. You can also type in a goal weight and a target date and it will tell you how many pounds you have to lose per week in order to meet that goal. It will show you reports that let you know how you are doing in different areas. Alas, it doesn't track WW points, but it is definitely worth a look-see.

Last edited by Kayecee; 07-21-2003 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 AM   #15  

Kayecee--I really hope you dont' give me a test,,, it's all too much to take in right now!!

I've checked out fitday.com ,,, hmm... probably a month ago. I started doing the journal thing and keeping track, then I started remodeling this house I'm moving into, and I completely forgot about it! So thank you for reminding me about it. I had to go in and try and remember my password!! (I finally remembered)

Jana, I like your rewards you set for yourself for each goal you reached. Last year a friend and I decided that after a year of being on the Nutrition Program, that we would go out the same day to the year that we started, and get makeovers. No matter what the weight loss was. We figured that if we were still staying on the program after a year, then that was worth while. Unfortunately, we didn't go,,, together. But we both went shopping on our own time and bought one outfit and had our hair done. I was amazed at how much I liked my hair better being short! The long hair (was to my behind) was just making me look more .... what's the word I'm looking for???... I don't know but the short cut made a difference.

Well, I am going to head off to bed... hope you all had a great day today. I enjoyed my time with my daughter,,, although I feel I ate to much today. Hopefully I'll get better with it.

Talk with you all tomorrow.
Closed Thread