Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #91  

Cat and Emily - it is nice and cool in Chicago - 57 tonight! They say it is because of all the rain. 70s all this week!

Well, back on track today (since april). Tomorrow I will face the scale and re-adjust my stats. I was completely in charge - nothing but good carbs today, and a 1hr power walk with my girlfriend.

See you tomorrow!
Meg
Old 07-22-2003, 06:05 AM   #92  
Theres no stopping me now

gained 2.5lbs last night. Am away again next week do want to gain another 2.5lbs when I get back. But only I can make that happen. Am very motivated at the moment, am hoping I can stay that way until my next WW. might even try and find a class in Aviemore just so I can get weighed, how sad is that.

Am going for a bike ride on my new bike today, am really looking orward to it, am also going to try for some aerobics. A friend suggested I wear my pedometer on my shoe on my bike, any body tried it ?

Am going to keep a journal of all the exercise I do for the next fortnight and work out roughly the points I gain. I don't usually eat them I just want to know how many I have. Don't have one of WW bonus buddies but wish I knew someone who had one that I could borrow for a couple of weeks, to see if I thought it was worthwhile or not.

best go get myself moving, have a house like a bomb site.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:25 AM   #93  
Ginny

Carol, You are trying to gain? or typing fast? Good morning everybody, not sure what I am doing today yet, got the suitcases out and doing laundry and packing... leaving Thursday for Chicago, have to go out and buy some fruit and things to take to son.. he is literally a starving artist... he has a regular job but it doesn't pay much, and he is getting a group of paintings ready to do a showing... he is checking out galleries now... Meg maybe one of these days you will go into a gallery and see my son's work... that is his ambition to sell his paintings.... he already has sold some of his work.

Back is still bothering me and I am not getting enough sleep at night, to hard to get comfortable.. am debating calling doctor, hate to think about the money spent on another shot, and possibly another mri since its been a couple years since they did the first one..but don't want this nagging pain when we go to Calif.... advice welcome.... come on girls... help me out here.

Still losing and gaining the same couple pounds here... am down the first 10, now the others are being stubborn.. but I will win and soon they will be gone and stay gone...

It's coldhere, only 63 today... it just isn't summer weather anymore... our climate is really changing. and its not for the better.

Had some cereal and peaches and strawberries for breakfast. Should leave the house for a while.. when I am working at home all day, I tend to find myself in the kitchen to often...

Ok. well going to call a friend and make some plans for the day.
Take it easy today and have an op day everyone

Dahlia
Old 07-22-2003, 11:17 AM   #94  
Connecticut

Morning!

Heard thunder and buckets of rain this morning and then fell back to sleep -- woke up to sunny skies and lots of humidity. Not sure which is better!

We went out to dinner again last night and actually passed on the potatoes with my steak and ordered steamed broccoli instead. No wine -- just diet coke. And the battle continues .

Dahlia, sorry you're still not feeling better. Have you tried a chiropractor? You are so looking forward to your trip and I just don't want you to suffer when you are there. I wish I had a medical background so I could give you better advice. I hope you at least enjoy your visit with your son -- I'd love to see some of his work too!

Carol, you have a plan and that's half the battle -- sticking with it is the rest but you sound so determined. What a great present -- enjoy your new bike! I don't think I have ever gone on a vacation without gaining weight -- I know I am no help here, sorry. I cleaned all day yesterday as I had one of those houses too!

Great OP day yesterday, Meg -- here's wishing you another .

Whew, Cathy, I had to go back and reread your post as I thought you were laying the pipe at 1:30am -- silly me, it was posting the picture. (Keep drinking that caffeine, Terry )

I love English talk -- "lollies" and "rum un" -- I am getting so worldly and I love it

Emily, I answered your email yesterday but it got bounced back as Yahoo groups didn't recognize my new email address even though I changed it under "profile" --- weird. Anyway, I had just posted in 3fc and with Explorer. What do you do, just download Netscape along with Explorer and then switch back and forth when you want to change browsers?? Your boys don't have "words" and argue do they??!!

Time to do store work (alphabetizing storage contracts -- fun! Not) -- have a great Tuesday Catch you all later asI will check back in ....

Terry
Old 07-22-2003, 12:54 PM   #95  

Happy Tuesday all...

Weekend was ok--pretty good actually. But I went on diet and exercise strike on Sunday. I did my weekly weigh in on Saturday and not only did I not lose weight last week, I GAINED A POUND. So Sunday was a "to heck with it" day....I didn't totally blow the calorie count, but I didn't worry as much about it as usual, and I didn't go to the gym.

GRRR. I'm looking at what I'm eating, and I'm looking at how much exercising I'm doing, and I'm wondering how this is even MATHMATICALLY POSSIBLE.

Colleen
Old 07-22-2003, 01:03 PM   #96  
Domestic Engineer

Well, I got on today no problem- weird. I don't know why I have both browsers on the computer, Terry. Usually just use IE...

Another hot day- close to 100. Almost bought a fan at Costco and an a/c window unit at Home Depot- "almost" just doesn't cut it when it's hot though does it?! Guess we couldn't decide so we'll suffer another day...actually it's not that bad and we can sleep in the basement if we need to.

Dahlia- I don't know exactlly what's going on with your back, but I have had lots of luck w/chiropractic. IMHO it would be worth them looking at you anyway...(sometimes injuries are just a matter of time and no-one can do anything) Not sure if you are taking anything for the pain, but maybe you could try something stronger just for the trip.

Carol- you are doing great with the exercise and if you stay consistent you know the weight will start falling off...good job!

I am strugging! I just want ice-cream every night and now making time to exercise. 3 little boys is a lot! I keep thinking it will change when Brendan is in school, but honestly I know it is a mind-set and I just need to start doing something- anything!! I really should be enjoying these beautiful mornings and evenings and WALK! Winter is too long here. OK, I'm walking tonight.

Hope you all have a great day!

Emily
Old 07-22-2003, 01:07 PM   #97  
Connecticut

Afternoon Colleen

Please don't get discouraged. If you are doing weight bearing exercises like weights and running, you may be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat; hence, the gain. The scale will catch up -- promise!

Look for "non scale victories" instead like clothes fitting better (corresponds to inches lost), toner arms, better eating decisions --- don't let yourself get discouraged because then you will quit entirely. And, we won't let you!!!

oops -- dogs barking -- gottta run!
Old 07-22-2003, 01:14 PM   #98  
Connecticut

Hi Emily -- didn't see you there at first! With temps like those, no wonder all you want is ice cream -- it's only in the 70s here but so very humid.

It takes time to get acclimated to a new schedule and your little guy is only 3 months. When you feel like you have it all "together" you'll make the time for yourself. Don't forget you've had tons of company and you've been traveling so your routine is all screwy. You'll get there -- you did before and you'll do it again.

Back to filing .... yuck.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #99  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies

l went shopping last night and found the cutest outfits for Olivia i could'nt decide between 4 of them so settled for 2 one is a pair of denim dungarees trimmed with lilac velvet ribbon and embroidered with flowers with a little lilac cotton sweater underneath and the other is a "3 piece" a cotton sweater, a pair of denim pants and a denim jacket they are embroidered with flowers too and the best part is there is snap fasteners all the way around the inside leg so its a 'snap' to change them they have such gorgeous outfits for babies these days not to mention practical..i'll have to stop buying tho' or i won't have room for my own outfits

Dahlia..have you ever tried a pain patch? i was reading a magazine yesterday and there was an ad for one..worth a try??
there is a website :- www.mentholatum.com

lts another beautiful day and my lounger is calling me from the deck BBL
Old 07-22-2003, 02:54 PM   #100  
Domestic Engineer

Colleen- we must have been posting at the same time, I didn't see your post earlier. It is so discouraging to not see the scale go down, but it's like Terry said- sometimes it takes the scale awhile to catch up with our habits-- don't give up! Changing the behaviors are the most imprtant thing and if you are watching portions or eating "right" *MOST* of the time and exercising too- you WILL get results. DOn't get hung up on the math- I think our bodies like to hold onto those pounds as long as it can!!

Hanging out downstairs as the temps creep up to 100 today. Invited to the pool and sprinkler park by friends today, but Ian is too small for the water and it's even too hot in the shade to spend much time outside. SO we are watching Mary Poppins and I'm playing on the computer too much today! Oh well

Later babes
Old 07-22-2003, 04:51 PM   #101  

Went out on the bike today was very very good. We went around 4 -5 miles, was great fun. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo, is built on the biggest hill they could find in Edinburgh so will get some exercise there too.

THis moving my butt more is fun - remind me I said that in a few days when the muscles start to ache.

Onwards and downwards as they say
Old 07-22-2003, 05:23 PM   #102  
Ginny

Hi again,

CArol, it sounds like you are enjoying your new bike,,good for you I have a bike and I love to ride, but haven't been able to the last couple years... one of these days I am going to get back on it..

Emily and Terry, you both suggested chiropractors..I have been that route and NO THANK YOU... never again.. it was excruciating during and after.... my problem is I have a couple bad discs. They get to acting up and they get inflamed and swell up.. putting pressure on my sciatic nerve... so even once the initial back pain get to be a little better, the nerve still hurts, shooting pain across the buttocks, over the hip and down the leg...some days the pain goes all the way to my toes... and my leg will just give out while walking... some days walking feels good, it all depends on what the discs are up to that day...last year when this happened I lived on vicodin,, but it makes me so spacey... I usually end up having to get a shot of cortizone in my spine.. this don't feel the greatest and it still takes weeks to totally subside.. but is usually the only way to relief. Sometimes it works faster. I will see how it is when I get back from Chicago.

Cathy, I looked up the pain patch, I will go to the drugstore tomorrow and check it out.. hey you never know.. it can't hurt.

Meg, we are thinking about going to Shedd's aquarium while we are at son's...

They sure do have some pretty clothes for the little ones these days don't they... as grandma it is sure fun to buy those little outfits... and Jelyn they have some cute things for little boys too..but when its so hot, a diaper and t-shirt seems best.. and most comfortable.

Off to make supper, baked chicken and corn on the cob. Think that may be it,, maybe a salad.. not really very hungry..
take care all.

Dahlia
Old 07-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #103  

Dahlia - sorry to hear about your disc problem. It sounds painful. Is there anything you can do for it?

Going to the Shedd sounds great - enjoy yourself. I believe they have a new exhibit all about sharks. They also have a really nice whale exhibit. Have a good time. Our weather is FAB right now (low 70s with a nice breeze). We have barely used the air.

Waitressed today. my feet are killing me. I am now at Dan's office waiting for him to get off work, and we will take the train home together.

My second day on program. I had a hiccup - I ordered an drink at starbucks that is supposed to be ok, but has too many carbs for my stage of atkins. well, I am not letting that upset me. live and learn, right?

talk to you later,

meg
Old 07-23-2003, 05:30 AM   #104  

Today is the day I get serious again, exercise is fine, for a change. It's the food that is the problem. But I will be an angel today and see how much better I feel tomorrow mornign for it.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:58 AM   #105  

Good for you, Carol. I find it takes me a couple of days to get psyched up for the whole regimine. good luck today making good choices!

Yesterday I worked lunch at the restaurant. I needed help - couldn't carry all my tables alone. I work at a place where the tips are pooled so everyone helps everyone. I didn't feel so bad. Today hopefully it will be better.

atkins is going well. day 3. it suddenly occured to me that next may is my 35th birthday. i thought i better get on the stick for that!

hope everyone has a great day!

meg
Closed Thread