Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #16  
Most boring housewife.

i could have warned you about the unreasonableness of airport personnel, but i was too busy obsessing about the weather. if the nephew is safely in
pA, you have done your job and now his father can worry about whether he has something to wear.
do you have the option of saying no to the landlady?????
my current book on tape is the new harry potter. so far so good.
is paint really a librarian? i thought she was a therapist. i did check out her journal, i meant to write her a note, but got sidetracked, as usual.

paint, i lo-carb. but i haven't been too faithful. i was in the 150's ignoring drifts into the 160's when we started. now i', 170's ignoring drifts into the 180's. starting monday i'm going to apply myself since i'm off for the summer. i can't carry weight well. my sil who looks much more up and down than i, weighs the same as me.
i'm going to go do housework. my house is under control again. i'd like it to stay that way. do we know where kiwi is? d0 we have a reasonable explanayion as to why sugar and bagx have been so scarce?
it is too tedious to type onehanded. bye
Old 06-21-2003, 04:47 PM   #17  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi is yardshopping. Bagz is drunk. Sugar is at the inlaws house eating goose.

Yes, I see no reason why ds can't just wear his dad's clothes. Shoes might be too small but otherwise, clothes is clothes.

I think I can say no if I have to. It would be so wonderful to get moved while ds is away and not have to hear what he has to say.

The pantry is about half empty now. Why can't I ever complete anything?

How is the weather? Remember my teensy baby is up there. Fix that weather!!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:00 PM   #18  
Most boring housewife.

i am here because blood is thicker than water
Old 06-21-2003, 09:07 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I am so mad, but I am so tired

After 48 hours of yardsales, I think I'm going to die. Have you ever spent 2 days in the hot sun while all of the work you did sorting clothes, labelling toys, bagging, carting, unbagging, setting up, hanging up, rearranging etc etc goes entirely to waste because there are suddenly no customers in the entire state of Maine???? The state where every third person wakes up early on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays just to go to yard sales and buy junk?

But the stupid yardsale, where we managed to take in only $56 for DD in 2 days (pointless, pointless, pointless), is not the reason I'm mad. I'm mad (and remember, this forum is all about me me me) because I sent the wrong ebay item to the wrong person. Or the right item to the wrong person. Or anyway, I am going to have to fix this stupid situation right away and it is going to cost me $$. Which I would have earned back easily at the big 4-family yard sale, if there had been any customers in the entire state of Maine.

I have a headache, the stupidest sunburn in all the world (I forgot to take my contacts with me today and had to sit around in my glasses all day, so I have 2/3 of my nose sunburned. I look like a drunken puppy), and I am totally exhausted. And I have to pick up DD later from a street dance. I hope she is having a lovely time dancing in the street. Funny how we would never let them hang around in the street with a bunch of unknown people, but call it a street dance and hey, no problem.

So I'd talk to you about your problems, but as you can see, mine are so petty I can hardly bring myself to think about anything else.

Kiwi
Old 06-21-2003, 09:21 PM   #20  
Member w/ messiest house

Lush, boredom is not allowed. Come on up here, I have lots for you to do.

Peaches, your life is really confusing me these days. Did DS go off just for a week to visit his dad? Were you really planning on only 20 minutes to catch a plane? We allow 2 hours -- even up here at the ends of the earth. Of course, this sometimes means you have to wait for the airport to actually open up , but at least you get to check your luggage. But honestly, if DS and his dad can't manage the clothing situation themselves, at least one of them needs to grow up and get a grip.

But in any case, I totally concur with your notion of moving while he's in NC. You will save yourself so much grief, it would be well worth pushing for it. What date does he get home this time? (Not that we are proposing meeting you guys in D. again -- I am already going to be doing so much driving this summer, it boggles my mind)

I'm going to write a whole different post to clear my head. Back soon.

Kiwi
Old 06-21-2003, 09:31 PM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

I could tell kiwi was upset when she wrote in black.

We would have had plenty of time at the airport if the boy had actually moved at all. I've never had this problem at that airport even since 9-11. You just never know. Maybe it was a good lesson for him and worth it.

So Maine has streets to dance in? It's cold up there isn't it? DS wants to know why people don't ride moose. I want to know too.

Where's my Bagzie Wagzie???? If I subscribe to Fly again, will it help me pack?

Last edited by Cowpernia; 06-21-2003 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:49 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Okay

I did have some really good things happen in the past 2 days, in addition to my sentence to the Land of Yardsalia. Yesterday after we were released from 25¢/each prison, we had big plans -- DD and her friend were going to play and sing at the coffeehouse in the town an hour away where we are always going, PLUS I had arranged to meet the owner of 2 dogs of the same breed as Molly (the one in my avatar picture). She also lives that general area. Because I have not had a Belgian Sheepdog fix in a looooooooong time, and she has a new puppy. That's the puppy in the picture below -- he was only 9 weeks there, but is now about 4 months old.

Well, this woman lives on a wonderful huge place with a panoramic view of mountains in the distance; they have a beautiful house, horse barns and giant fields. And horses, dogs and cats. The dogs were just lovely. The older one, a female, I could have sat and petted for hours. She was so much like my Molly, I almost forgot I was still sitting there playing with a whole different dog as we talked to the owner, who was very nice. Belgians are so nice to touch: silky, soft long hair and none of that icky-dog smell that makes your hands stink with some dogs. It was just heaven for me.

And the puppy, a boy, was a big silly goofy fluffy bundle of energy. He was really cute, but klutzy and nutty.

We also got to say hi to the horses, throw the frizbee for the 2 dogs and I had to be practically dragged out of there by DH, so that we could get some dinner and go to the coffeehouse. That was a lot of fun too -- DD and her friend had worked up a list of songs and they were much more prepared than the last time. They alternated doing short sets of songs with another guitarist guy and had a wonderful time.

But mainly I got to play with a beautiful soft lovely Belgian Sheepdog girl, and I want to go back!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 09:52 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

au contraire, it's hot up here. At least for a day or 2.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:54 PM   #24  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi why aren't you on IM? And I hate to ask but it seems so obvious ... why isn't this cute puppy yours now?
Old 06-21-2003, 11:25 PM   #25  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey you fat tanks,i am back now so i can drone on and on about my SELF and ignore all of you,once i sleep off my bender of course---------------my house is now full of teenagers so i will be whining on a regular basis----the house is already a dump,good night
Old 06-22-2003, 02:54 AM   #26  
fatter than U

Default sorry, I was fuming

Couldn't post due to having a two-day "How come we have so much crap and what are we going to do about it?" fight with dh. We are speaking again as of yesterday but we still have crap

Will post more later when I'm fully awake.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:04 PM   #27  
loves kleenex box art

What kind of crap do you have, Sugar? I need a round dinette table. Do you have one of those?

I'm not one to hold grudges as you all know but I am remembering that when I asked how many high school units kids needed in your states (or nations) to graduate, I was ignored by all but Lush (who don't know) and Painty (who don't care). I still want to know.

Now I have another thought-provoking story. A 15-yo boy (ds's age) had a summer job working with daycare at a church in a nearby town. A 3-yo girl said she had to potty and the boy said "I'll take her" and the adults let him. The girl said the boy "rubbed her bottom" and now he is labeled as a sexual predator (I may have that wording wrong) a label that will follow him allllllll the rest of his life. If predator is right, he will have to file his address with police everytime he moves and neighbors will be notified in the area he moves to. Florida has strict rules about this and yay for it but I don't think it takes a high court official to know that teenage boys don't normally have an interest in little kids and their eliminations and the adults in that daycare should be held responsible.

In Florida (I won't ask about your areas since you're ignoring my first question) if an 18 yo boy has sex with his 17yo girlfriend, he can get this label.

Wake up!!!!!! You are all too lazy. (I write this surrounded by unpacked books on the floor)
Old 06-22-2003, 01:36 PM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
Couldn't post due to having a two-day "How come we have so much crap and what are we going to do about it?" fight with dh. We are speaking again as of yesterday but we still have crap
We would have those fights, but I just ignore DH when he starts complaining about the mess. I could point out the god-awful mess he's left in the garage, basement, yard, barn etc etc, but I don't need to hear the crap, so I just give him a blank look while he tells me how we could really clean up "this corner over here (mine, of course)" and then I go back to whatever I was doing. He knows what kind of ***** fit I'd pitch if he started throwing my stuff out, so he can't say anything else. We've been married too long apparently.

The reason that puppy is not mine: it's hers. Well, she went all the way to Pennsylvania to get it. Truth is that there was a puppy available last winter, but I was trying to be a team player around here and not deliberately do things to pi** off DH while he was unemployed. However, I now regret this because he is still unemployed and I still don't have a dog and I wish I did. These past 6 months would have been the perfect time to train a puppy. DH's are , aren't they?

Oh well, I am in a very belligerent mood because I have a raging migraine (although it is starting to subside for the moment because my fave migraine drug: Excedrin Migraine) and I don't feel very sweet and loving.

We don't know how many credits it takes to graduate in Maine. DD thinks maybe 21, but we think that might be too few. I suppose I could look it up. Why do we want to know this, anyway? Is there really a chance that the Peachboy will not have enough? That is not the reason, I'm sure. We already know that Florida sux because 18 y.o.'s can't sleep with 17 y.o.'s, even if they have been doing so since they were 12. I assume this is also a double standard and an 18 y.o. girl couldn't prosecuted this way?

That daycare thing is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Of course a teenaged boy shouldn't be assigned to potty a little girl in a daycare setting. To me, there are 2 scenarios though -- he may have done exactly what everyone thinks he did, and the reason for that is he was too immature to be wiping a little girl's bottom. Teenaged boys are pretty much a one-track mind after all. The other scenario is that he didn't do anything wrong at all, he wiped her bottom just as he assumed he was supposed to do, and she said "rubbed" instead of "wiped". Both are the adults' fault, and I hope this kid will not be branded for life for their stupidity. Aren't juvenile records sealed?

God I talk a lot.

Kiwi
Old 06-22-2003, 01:56 PM   #29  
loves kleenex box art

I will check that story again but I was thinking in the past, when life was simpler, he would have had plenty of exposure to naked babies of all sorts and not been curious.

We want to know about credit requirements because FL has just changed from 24 to 18 making it CLEAR that they want kids to graduate from 11th grade it they so choose. We want to compare what politicians are doing.

Excedrin migrain is also MY fav medication. Much better than prescription ones.

Get a puppy Kiwi. You'll be happier then dh can get dinner on time.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 06-22-2003 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:19 PM   #30  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default chatty cathy cows

i am really enjoying all the chit chat about dh's that CARE about messes!!!---my dh would NEVER notice a mess,let alone complain about it---that is my job,and as you know,i create the messes and complain in the same breath------the girls and boy are total messaholics so what recourse do i have??? throwing everything out is the BEST thing i have heard in a long time----i am going to go to flybags immediately and get motivation ----also i am jealous that lusharse's house is immaculate in all its soggy cereal coloured glory--------------- I WANT TO PAINT MY KITCHEN APPLE GREEN!!!! SPECIAL TO WABBY- the oriental poppies are finally blooming as are the lupines,lilacs and iris------------ i send kiwi pictures to post,and request a photo of the lasagne patch special to painterpants---------- CONGRATULATIONS ON SURVIVING A HIT FROM COWSNIPPITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK PAINTERCOW!!!!!!
Closed Thread