3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The 5% Club - CLICK (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/27928-5%25-club-click.html)

SAB 5% 06-02-2003 02:44 PM

We all need some "me" time. I am having a bit right now since all the kids are napping and my son is ignoring me. But it doesn't count because DH will be home soon and I should go and play a with my son.

1) Exercise at night for summer - don't whine about it just do it.
2) Set the goal which is next Thur. to weigh in 3 lbs lighter. I would do 5 BUT I don't want to be all crabby at myself!
3) Water Water Water

I have been digging into old exercise tapes for variety and have enjoyed even one yoga one I used to consider to tough. I did it all easily. I am worried that in CO my mom will drag my sister and I to her yoga studio and we will look stupid. We both do yoga at home and think we are doing it right but we will probably be laughed at (yes I am really having that fear!). Now if my mom doesn't invite us - we will probably be insulted. I hope to find that my mom has gained some weight because she really was much too skinny last year. I don't ask - just will wait and see.

Absmom - I am trying to fix dinners around here so that we can have spa type meals too. Since DH is on a healthy kick it's been easy. Each of us picks two meals so I can sneak my favorites in there. I actually think I could probably get more Girls Nights Out easier than I can get him out. I will work on it though!

Juno - Sounds like you had a great "basket" day. Going out to lunch with the bigwigs!! Good girl! I hope you soaked in the tub and found a moment to unwind before heading off to school.

Okay I am going to go and hang out with my child for a minute. I've been on the computer too long this afternoon. Step back, move away......turn it off!

Steph

FitandFine 06-03-2003 05:14 AM

Ha! No tub, no soup, bad on water. And I'm usually so great! There was one more meeting thingie from the visiting bigwigs so I could of course not miss it! Plus my younger D had some school things going on, plus she tried out for the summer program at Perseverance Theatre, so what can I say, I'm still foraging in the kitchen and using adrenaline as my exercise. But hey - I'm usually so good - I figure I have some gas in the tank. It is just a lot happening at an already-busy time of year! I will get there!

Steph good reminder on the tapes. I have collected a few, some from ebay, and I sort of forget that they are an option - I have a couple that I enjoy. Last year I bought some vintage callanetics VSH tapes. Now that is one wacky lady, but I think the exercise system is fascinating. I have never been able to stick with it long enough to see the full deal, but it would be worth looking into again.

Abs, I love your way - break it into a plan and hey, follow the plan! You really know the difference between simple and easy - and it serves you well. Tonight I resisted the late night snack that usually gets me through the last hour. A reminder that I would go to sleep at the same time either day, and then would just be asleep - this time the hunger wasn't compelling enough to give in to it. (if it is I believe you should eat something)

Sleep. Two more days of school. What will be next?

Later my friends--

Shorty, anyone lurking?

Juno

SAB 5% 06-03-2003 10:23 AM

Juno - I think you sound like you are happy with what you were doing for the week so that is good! I think everyone deserves breaks and though some are unintended - we need them!

Absmom - Hope you have that Quiet Time scheduled and are looking forward to it :)

My agenda today is a bit off. DH is going in for knee surgery as soon as he comes in from work. I have 3 daycare kids that I have to drag off. I have tons of vacation coming up and since the surgery isn't major I am dumping him off and picking him up after nap. He isn't the type you can sit around and hold his hand so I decided not to close. I got rid of two kids and should have gotten rid of another since I just found out mom is home all day.

Goals -
1) Long yoga session at least 30 min.
2) Walk tonight and if I am a really good girl, run on treadmill too.
3) I am going to eat the fast food at lunch but there will be no supersizing !!!!

I have really been challenging myself on the treadmill. I only am on for 20 minutes most of the time. I limit myself to 35/40 minutes of exercise per day so that means 15-20 for weights and the rest for cardio. I did improve my 20 minute time by .08 MPH. I am running a lot faster and longer than I could before. I think Absmom you are inspiring me. I pretend you are racing next to me and calling me a wimp!!!

Cross your fingers that DH's surgery is successful and I am not bringing him home on wheelchair. That would make me very unhappy!!!!

Steph

absmom 06-03-2003 08:15 PM

This is quick one..... I am pooped... What do they say about the best layed plans?....

Getting my quiet time after the kids are in bed. My mom brought over sushi (yum) and I ended up staying home vs. going out on my own. Its nice to just chat with mom... Also had to take the day off from the gym. Both girls woke up with colds, the little one with a slight fever. Oh well, I'll make up for it tomorrow. I did get a short walk in with the baby in the back pack and D1 in the stroller. Someone had a meltdown ten minutes in so we had to go home... I guess 20 minutes hauling 20lbs and pushing 34 should count for a little exercise....

Well, I had plenty of time to get all the laundry done, wash the kitchen floor, vaccuum and dust.. Now I get to enjoy my tea with the last few chapters of my book. Has anyone read The Lovely Bones??? I would recommend it.

Did awesome in the food area today - 1480!! and a balanced selection of foods (no white carbs, except for the sushi)

As for tomorrow: Cals under 1600, GYM - SPIN class and Weights
and ... WATER!!

Juno - Enjoy your week off ??????????
Steph- Good for you on the Tread ... Every second counts!! As for a race with you, I am sure you would lap me...even on a tread!

Cheers!
Absmom

SAB 5% 06-05-2003 02:57 PM

It's almost the end of the week. Time just flies on by! Tomorrow is the last day of school here and I have a few things to do today. Finish gift for daycare kid that is leaving, wrap present for teacher that I do not like, and enjoy my last quiet nap time!

Goals -
1) The night workouts are going great but they make me hungry. I need to resist urge to snack!
2) Am in my 130's and need to be proud of that and keep making progress!!!! It has taken me years to get here.
3) Take the dog for a walk even though limpy husband can not come with.

Soccer practice, soccer game, I have to make dinner, laundry is 1/2 done, yard needs to be mowed, have to touch up my roots, exercise....all in a days work!

I really liked Lovely Bones but I wasn't so thrilled about the ending. I still read about 3-4 books a week. You should see the pile next to my bed plus the ones I am saving for vacation. I have read some wonderful books lately and found new authors.

I must continue down the path of work............boo!

Steph

FitandFine 06-05-2003 03:34 PM

Quick hi--

I agree with your take on the Lovely Bones. She also wrote a book called Lucky about rape that is hard to read but good.

Abs, I am only through with the extra work, I am not off this week - I have all my normal work. I really need the weekend to catch up on rest.

Yesterday was the last day of school.

DH and I plan to hit the club tonight. I just have to be patient - the schedule will return, and I will be coherent again. I've been crabby with the kids this week, my body is saying enough.

Later friends

Juno

absmom 06-06-2003 09:27 AM

Good Friday?!

I am menstral, hear me ROAR! SO anxious and annoyed with the world today. My DD1 has picked up on it too; can't imagine what it will be like in this house in 10 more years!

The child watch at the gym was closed yesterday. Someone came down with the chicken pox, so they had to disinfect... In my current emotional state, I took it as a personal offense... I really hope they are open today --- things could get real ugly if I can't run. I don't have any exercise tapes, and quite honestly, I have a hard time trying to exercise at home - staying motivated to finish a whole show (ESPN has a bunch on in the am). I wish I could for these "off" days when I really need to let out some stress.

Finished Lovely Bones... such a great start, really liked it and then - as you both acknowledged - disappointing... I always feel duped when that happens --- suck you in and then --- NOTHING...
Oh well. I don't read as much as you do Steph - books are kind of my evening sleeping pill. It can take me a week to get through just one. My mom gave me a stack to read this week and it will probably take me all summer!

Juno - I meant "off" from the gym this week... Hope you and DH get to the club tonight. Nothing like a good sweat to rejuvenate!

Steph - 130s!!! Oh to be in the 130s! BE PROUD, Fine tune, maintain, and focus on being your healthy self! As for those snack attacks, prepare ahead and have something healthy.

And now before DD2s nap is over...

Three things to focus on today and for the weekend:
1. Know my body - focus on putting things in perspective, not snapping and practicing deep breathing...
2. EXERCISE and stay away from caffine
3. Water - even though I'm retaining a good 5 lbs right now!

Its only one week a month........ I know I will feel better soon! Have lovely weekends !!!
Absmom

absmom 06-09-2003 06:41 PM

Happy Monday!
Last week of school, sure you're all busy...

DD2 just started to stir... so this will be quick. Goals for the week: 1/ Stay motivated, keep on plan, 2/ Green Tea and water, 3/ keep cals low today!

Feeling a little blah, low on the motivation today... even yesterday while I swam. I was there, but I didn't really challenge myself. Tomorrow is body pump and a 2 mile run. I really want to up the weights and power through...

Juno... I hope things are finally starting to calm down, that you made it to the gym for some "you" time.

Steph... I hope you're sticking to your pre-vacation goals!!!

Check in tomorrow,
Absmom

FitandFine 06-10-2003 02:20 AM

Hi, Friends. I'm still here. After the long high-energy weeks of coverage, etc., last week was the week that I thought would bring relief. What actually happened was the Crash. I have been low energy with an extreme core exhaustion. I had to get up early every single day for one reason or another (reminder - I work until at least 1:30 a.m.) Nutrition was severely compromised.

I finally made it to the gym - tonight.

It is just hard to go on no sleep for so long. Adrenaline (and caffeine) carry me a long way, but the crash always comes.

Good news - today I made a HUGE vat of Juno lentil/veg soup. I made it to the club and started the ease-in procedure! I do not feel that I 'inflated' in size over the whole affair. The cleaning lady came today. Overall: A good day!

DH and I both felt the absence at the club - we both did just a bit of cardio and felt it! I told him the beauty is, in a week or so it will be like we never took a break. He is hiking the Chilkoot Trail in a couple of weeks so he really hopes I am right.

Here's some Motivation Mojo for you abs! Can you see me, I'm waving the pom poms, get up and GO! What is the name of your particular triath? Is there a web site?

Steph--I remember we share latenight reading habits. I've been 'off' on my reading lately - but there is always the New Yorker to get me through. Could use a grand book. I have to admit, I'm intrigued by the new Hilary book. I'm the type that will wait for paperback, or better yet a borrowed copy. Think she will be prez some day?

Lots of work - but I can HANDLE it! LOL.

Tomorrow:

1. Juno soup
2. Weight training, if not BP then some other way
3. Get out the juicer and make a fresh beet/carrot/apple juice and sip for the vitamin infusion. I need to remember this for exhaustion.

Okay - tomorrow ho!

Juno

SAB 5% 06-10-2003 08:49 AM

I was almost done typing my post and somehow I hit a key on the keyboard and it is all gone!! I hate that.

Summer has started here but so far so good. We are just focusing on keeping busy. I don't have many yet this morning and breakfast is still in the oven so a few moments of peace time to type. Today is inside day since we are having rain until 11. Craft and noise :)

I have been doing great on exercise and haven't had a day off since the plan is exercise until vacation. I am going strong. I went and bought some new clothes this weekend and I was able to buy the same size jeans in the junior dept. as my teen!! I still have some cush in the middle section where she has none and can wear clingier shirts but I'm working on it! I went out to dinner the other night with a good friend that I hadn't seen in a long time (just phone chats). I wouldn't have recognized her if I didn't see her get out of her car. She was always a big WW person and I was shocked by how she looked. I feel bad even typing about how she looked but really I was overwhelmed. We spent a lot of time talking about how I've lose my weight and I actually felt guilty instead of inspiring. I hope I didn't come across that way.

My goals for this week:
1) Keep pushing my treadmill times because I feel more positive even if I am .01 faster
2) Pack my exercise clothes in the suitcase because I am kidding myself if I don't think I will have any time!
3) We are low on f&v since I didn't want to buy a bunch and have it rot when we got out of town - but keep focused and eat it even if there aren't tons of choices. Don't crash and reach for the stuff in the cupboards during the day.

Juno - Yeah that crash does come and sometimes it feels great to be that exhausted because you don't actually feel guilty for being lazy and sleeping!!! I am not having pre-vacation stress which is rare for me. I've read a bunch of good mystery books but the last book I tried that had great reviews by Po Bronson - I could not get into. Do you know what I'm talking about?????? I have my whole stack of reading material hidden from myself until vacation.

Absmom - I hope the blahs go away :) I think it is tougher to not have the blahs when you have little ones. You start to snap out of it but there moods and things that happen to them make such an impact on us when they are little. I must admit that I treasured their toddler years - I feel a little bit like my own person now that they can do most things on their own!!

Okay breakfast to clean up! Have a good week. I will check in before we hit the road and at my mom's I will maybe check in too!

Steph

FitandFine 06-11-2003 04:47 AM

Steph you have really come a long way in - whoa, 5 years! It must feel marvelous to shop for junior sizes! I like you have reallyfigured out how your mind works, and you use that as your structure for everything.

Absmom, I hope you will come here to send up a flare! Gosh I hate that slump thing - remember it is a CYCLE and you will get past it and will be back in top form soon...

I ended up doing a little extra work today, then a meeting for the basket biz. I did make it to the club, but couldn't make it in time for BodyPump. I worked out in the weight room, using the BP order of things but with sort of a modified Joyce Vedral pyramid thingie. I got a workout. Having my kids home is really going to make it hard to make it to my pet classes.

Tomorrow.

Eat Juno soup
Take Vitamins
I never got to that juicer so let's try again

Have a great day--

Juno

absmom 06-11-2003 02:23 PM

I guess the trick is to keep on keeping on... I am really SO unmotivated this week. I am making it to the gym, but the spark is just not there . Going through the motions, but not making the extra effort to improve. Had some good eating days, and yesterday a not so good day... I leave for "vacation" at my in-laws Friday am.... I can not let this time away from home derail my training.

Thanks for the push Juno.. I know I will get through this = I really have no choice, but to stop wondering why and just do it... Glad you made it to the club. You always seem to get yourself back on track. I will take strength in that and try to STOP WHINING... My life isn't nearly as busy as you or Steph!

Steph, what can I say? You are truly inspiring. I hope that I can know what it feels like to do what you have accomplished. Be proud! Juniors.......hmmmmm.

AND NOW>>>> Today = I have to keep the cals to under 1600. I have been to the gym, but could really do some good if I used my floor time with dd2 to do some ab work. AND Green Tea......

My goal is to be 195 by Friday when we leave.... I can do it@!@

Happy Wednesday!
Absmom

SAB 5% 06-12-2003 08:13 AM

You can do it Absmom!!! I am not the least bit inspiring just determined :) I am so tired today...send me some energy. I am glad we are leaving in a bit but I will be passing out in the van as soon as we hit the highway. I have had a headache the past few days and hope it goes away. I'm not stressed or anything but I have noticed that the past few times I've gotten my period I get a steady headache for a few days. I've never even noticed when I had it so this is annoying - part of getting older?????

I made my goal but like I said my energy is zapped. I don't think it is because of my exercise every day but it might be since I usually take a break. Plus my stomach is sticking out so I don't feel there was any point to the exercise :)

Juno - You and I will both probably be struggling with adjustments to our summer schedule. I am behind by 20 minutes here and that throws me off (not the kids). So far so good and I can last 11 more weeks.

Absmom - Have a great vacation - we can relax and have a good time!

Okay I actually have goals for vacation-
1) Mini sessions every morning - crunches, push-ups, leg lifts
2) Water Water Water no matter how much everyone makes fun of my tiny bladder!!
3) If I am not going to hike that day then I am going for a good walk in the morning before we do other things.

Other than that I plan to enjoy the company of my sister and mom (and of course enjoy my kids!).

I will probably be able to hop on at some point during vacation. I will have my computer but no internet access until we stay near my mom's!

Happy Vacation to me :) :) :)

Steph

absmom 06-17-2003 07:47 PM

Hi Steph on vacation... Hi Juno enjoying summer!!

I am on my way home tomorrow - a delightful 13 hours in the car with DH and the girls... It was a painful trip to Gramma's, I hope it won't be the same on the way home.

Tried to do a little exercising, a little fitday, and keep my MIL at bay... She's big into force feeding... The weather has been less than agreeable, but so it goes. The girls - especially the older one has really enjoyed the visit. Grampa has a lot of toys (picture rural PA farm) and since they don't see us often, they've been spoiled rotten. I am sure our first few days at home will be challenging....

I need to drink my water, eat green things and protien - I feel really OFF... but just checking in, even if for a second makes me feel a little bit better....

Hope everyone is doing well. Juno --- how goes your summer adjustments??

Ciao!
Absmom

FitandFine 06-18-2003 01:21 AM

Both of you - enjoy your trips!

Last week I ended up with a terrible cold. It just never ends does it! I was flattened through Sunday, things are going okay but workout time is scarce.

We are going to look at our first house in this round - boy I'd just like to find one, buy it and move in, but I know it is never that simple. We are in our first home right now, and it is pretty daunting to think about moving everything. I spent a couple of hours in the garage culling stuff for salv army and the trash - yes there was a lot. So...wish us luck!

I'm constantly, constantly, constantly saying "when I get through this week, things will level out and I'll have my routine" - thing is I say this EVERY week!

Oh well, Thanks for checking in and I did work out last night and am continuing on the upswing. There is so much going on! Take care--

Juno