3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The 5% Club - CLICK (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/27928-5%25-club-click.html)

SAB 5% 07-05-2003 12:12 PM

I ran outside - yeah!! My first long outside run on the 4th of July. My guests had put their dog kennel near my treadmill and I wanted to exercise (everyone sleeping) so I decided to try the outside. I think last time I tried was many years ago and didn't have running shoes. I ran from my home, through the wood path, around the pond and back home. Not terribly exciting news but no one else cares that I ran it :cb:

FitandFine 07-05-2003 12:57 PM

Go Steph!!!!

GO STEPH

:bravo:

What an accomplishment.

The first showing of our (current) house is in 3 hours. I have to make it look like no one lives here - but that Martha Stewart drops by from time to time to decorate it perfectly and keep it scrupulously clean!

It is also my daughter's birthday - (Happy birthday dear, no you can't do ANYTHING in your own house!)

Next weekend we rented a hotel 'family suite' so she can have a slumber party without house worries.

My fitness regimen still is adrenalin and moving boxes of stuff. I can't wait until things are 'normal' again. Did I tell you the house we are moving to is closer to the health club?

Dress sounds great abs! The attitude is seeing you through!

PW I hope you are getting some wonderful renewal.

Back to cleaning and stressing.

Juno

absmom 07-07-2003 10:17 AM

Hey Steph - Way to GOOOOOOOO!! So are you going to try it again or was this a one shot deal? Sounds like you are motivated .... Keep up the good work!!

JUNO - When we sold our DC house I spent an entire day cleaning and de-junking the kitchen. Doesn't sound like alot, but consider we had the SMALLEST kitchen in America! I know what you are dealing with and with the addition of 2 kids worth of stuff I can only imagine... My DH's analogy - for each lb of kid you have 10lbs of stuff! I am sure the Hotel will be a big hit! And, normalcy can only be a few ... months... away!? KEEP THE FAITH!

PW - Hope your weekend was great and your feeling FRESH !!

Ahhh the weekend - Did a little recreational swimming and got swimmers ear... Yuk... Not letting it get me down and working through the pain (its not that bad). Did a bike ride yesterday, long run on Saturday. Need to step things up for the race in 3, yes 3 weeks. Need a shot to the diet scene as well. Have stayed the same since coming back from the in-laws... Uggh!

Goals the same WORK WORK WORK, DRINK H20 and Eat thoughtfully.....

Happy Monday!
Absmom!

SAB 5% 07-08-2003 11:05 AM

Yeah I'll run again outside - I might be running far away from this house very soon due to all the crisis that seems to be happening :) I am still breathing deep and not panicking about anything but there is always the potential!

My goals are to mix up my workouts more and not follow my little 3 week charts that I make. I need to make one more flexible and really mix up my workouts. I am going to stick with the running for cardio but want to do weights with more body resistance training too. I just feel slumped right now with the weights. I also need to pull my bike down on the weekends and ride more. Food is just average here - can't seem to get back in my great habits since vacation. No one else would beat up my eating habits - just me. Soccer is almost over here so I will have my nights back to myself for a while.

Lot's of things swirling around us - biggest thing affecting us is that DH has to drive at least 1/2 way to TX (we are in MN) and get his mom's dog so we can look after it for a while. I have a 110 pound dog that probably does not want a canine roommate. Oh well - sacrifice until we see what is going to happen. His mom has been in ICU for 3 weeks and it should have been one. I don't like to think the unpositive but I am wondering if the dog will be living with us permanently. We all know I have a zoo??? A small creature would have been okay. However this is the one thing we can help with so I shall grin and bear it.

Yuck on the swimmers ear! Hope it is gone. Absmom it takes me 12 minutes to run my miles so I am not fast either!!

Juno - I've moved over 35 times in my life - I have survived all that boxing and cleaning and know that there is always an end and that life will be fine and fun again!

PW - Hope you can hop on and tell us about your holiday!

Daycare land is nice. I am getting paid FT yet I am missing kids every day who are with grandma, with parents, etc.. Today I have one out of 5 that should be here. We are getting errands done since she is older and can be bribed with eating out :)

3 weeks for Abs big race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

absmom 07-09-2003 02:46 PM

Hi All!

Swimmers ear is GONE, and I'm training like crazy. Hit the weights hard Monday and today. Today was actually supposed to be a day off, but it was raining and DD1 asked if we could please go... she's got quite a social club at the child watch. My goals today are to continue on as I have been, Drinking Green Ice tea, and being more concious about writing down what I eat... Why is vacation such a mental hurdle when it comes to eating/getting the routine going again??? I just can't seem to motivate myself since we've been back --- 2 weeks ago! I am going to work on this too...

Steph - My heart goes out to you and your family. A dog is certainly a big committment/responsibility, but like you said -- its something you can do for your MIL so far away... I hope everyone gets along for now and your MIL gets well soon. Exercise will keep you sane....

Good to mix things up. I just got the new Shape mag --- great Ab routine that I've started doing... After DD2 I really need to focus more on the middle... By the way, I broke 12 minutes on Monday for my first mile (a new personal best!!) Have you seen the NIKE commercial with the 51 year old Masters Champion who runs a 5:10 mile? Now there's something to shoot for......

Enjoy your relative quiet on the work front Steph!

Juno - Hope all is going well for you - Don't stress too badly - and PW hope you check in soon to let us know how you're doing!

OK - I am wasting valuable nap time... TOday is DH's b-day. DD1 and I have a cake to frost and salsa to make (the dinner request is my famous fahitas).... Lots of chopping..... Hope all of you are feeling motivated and taking good care of yourselves....

Happy Wednesday!
Absmom

PainterWoman 07-09-2003 04:41 PM

Back from MO. Crabby. It was hot and humid... so we spent more time indoors than I wanted to. I could have done that at HOME. Should have worked out in fancy schmancy hotel gym... except I was afraid to see fancy schmancy men/women working out. (I still feel like a tub). An Old tub, too.
DH and I did walk/mosey 3 hours at Zoo.... sweat city. Besides most of the animals were lying comatose under bushes.... so we didn't see much. Had a better time with sketch book and iced mocha at Borders.
Definitely want to get weight center/home gym.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have a better outlook.
Sorry to rain on your paradel, all.

absmom 07-10-2003 03:37 PM

Hi All!

PW - How about picking some mini goals with us each day and move forward? You can do it and it does well for the mind/body! Everyone has a blah spell - you'll bump out of it soon!

Today I had another personal best - 3 miles in 35:55 --- That's barely sub-12 miles, BUT its nearly 2 minutes faster than my last personal best last week (did you get that?). I can tell you that pre-gym I was SOO unmotivated, but then I started running and .... rest is history... You know when you just have one of those days when things just click!!!???!

I ate cake last night for DH's b-day so I am glad that I burned some good cals today.

DD2 is screaming.. Guess the pm nap today is a no go.... Oh well

Still need a kick with the food thing, but exercise is AWESOME...

Steph - If only I were in MN I could run with you... Hope you're doing well! Juno - Happy packing?!

Cheers!
Absmom! 17 days.......,

FitandFine 07-10-2003 03:52 PM

quick quick quick hi

packing is getting boring. We can't "really" pack yet just clear out clutter.

new house: eng report went very well. moving forward

current house: on market, no offers yet

fitness: club last night, mostly adrenaline.

food: not too bad, now that the 4th celebrating is over

time: none

keep the faith all

Juno

SAB 5% 07-10-2003 04:39 PM

Okay Juno you got your point across - reminds me of a poem just because it is written on the run. Go Go Go.....

Absmom - You keep on beating your personal best records - You Go Girl!! :cp: If we were running together you would be pulling me along (in otherwise I would be holding you back!). I took yesterday off because it was the only "peace" night I have.

Juno - Packing is fun for a while and then it starts to suck! Of course it is worse when you have the truck there and you are not done (or the truck isn't there when you are ready). Keep up the good balance - good things will come your way.

PW - We all get in a glum mood and a hot & sticky vacation would do it for me!! I was annoyed when I got back from vacation and the weather was humid and horrid here. We went to San Antonio a few years back and I had a horrible time trying to enjoy it just because I do not like that weather. Dry heat - ha ha! I think our TX relatives our insane :)

DH is off tonight to retrieve dog, tonight is the last time we have two soccer things in one night and then we have one game next week - done!! The weather is like fall here which is so odd but that is the good old midwest for you. Now I am finding out I have no kids tomorrow so now I am wondering if I am going to TX since he is really busy at work. Maybe I will just keep my mouth shut.

The city rebuilt our park the other day - yeah!! Funny how it took us like 20 hours of hard sweat from 15 people when it took 2-3 guys with power tools who knew what they were doing to re-build it.

I need to get dinner started - everyone hang in there!!!

Steph

FitandFine 07-11-2003 05:43 AM

:p I can see it is about time for a new thread...

Just checking in to tell you that we got an offer on our little house. Looks good, will accept it tomorrow.

Back to work and sleep. Thanks for understanding my sparse posting...

Juno

absmom 07-11-2003 09:26 AM

Excellent Juno!!! Now you can really start packing!?! The worst thing for me... The stuff left-over that you either don't know how to pack, or what to put it with... Like the junk drawer times 10! Hope you are happy with your offer and things are SMOOOOOOTH...

Steph, I would say... Don't offer to get the dog - Your DH was planning to do it and don't you need a break??? Let the plan stand....

Today I am taking a day off - My major type A sister has planned another run through this Sunday, in our new "Tri" suits (I feel like a sausage). I figure I'll need to rest up so she doesn't kill me! (She had to one up me on the run... 4 miles in 35 min...Just wait til I lose this bag of cat litter I've been carrying around with me - Then I'll show you!)

I am planning a SLIM FAST regime for the next 10 days and then regular eating before the race. I really need a kick on the weight loss front. I'm stalled and out of options other than to sew my mouth shut. Lets see how things go...

And now, we're off to the Y for DD2s swim lessons.... Short nap for dd1... Oh well...

HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY to you all@!#!
Absmom

PainterWoman 07-15-2003 02:47 AM

I'm still here.

Mini goals are an alien concept... but I accept the challenge... I missed my July 4th lost ##'s challenge, but hope to be there by this weekend, then lose 3#/week til labor day.

Oh, and we got the home gym screwed/bolted/cabled together. Am rediscovering areas of my body that I haven't thought of for 10 years. Hope to be able to see my toes without using a mirror relatively soon. :-)

Also doing my own version of Sugar Busters via Naturally Slim..... After work out this evening was actually happy with a salad... and a little chicken. No oreo, triscuit, bagel or quesadilla cravings. Miraculous!

Am planning next vacation to compensate for St. Louis steam bath.

Regarding insane Tx relatives.... they may be... but I have to admit this is an easy place to live and you don't have to plug in your engine in the winter.

SAB 5% 07-15-2003 09:57 AM

Hi all.......hope everyone is doing great!

PW - oops you're a heat-loving Texan :) I used to love heat until my mid 20's. I am a FL born sun goddess but can't stand it these days. Maybe I will like it later in life. I have never had to plug my engine in and can't remember my car not starting any time in my adult life. I don't love winter either (thus someday I will be posting from the NW part of the US). Mini-goals are very tough to set in the beginning but I think things like putting up the home gym (I know that is a lot of work because we have a huge one in our garage) and the #'s per week are good starts. Think of obstacles to make you meet those pound goals!

Absmom - I used to work at a packaging co. during highschool and even though it was in the office - I can't stand slimfast because they always had it in production and everyone was drinking it or just the smell from the plant - yuck!! DH was drinking it here in the spring and trying to make me take a sip. Couldn't understand why I just couldn't try it. How was your Sunday run???

Juno - Any bites on the house yet???? Sending lots of energy your way but I am sure that you are so psyched that you have plenty of stuff to keep you hopping!

Things are fine here. I must have been depressed last week because my grandma actually called to check on me because she felt my e-mail was very much a downer and she thought that was odd. Kind of annoying that I can't write a venting e-mail without people being worried. I admit I don't complain much outloud and my sister that doesn't like me calls me Mrs. Happy. I think I was just being lazy and eating bad food which just contributed to the grumpy mood. The dog has moved in with us and is doing fine. He is pretty enjoyable after a first 24 hours of him not sleeping and being upset. Now he sleeps at my feet and thinks I am great :) DH's medical bills are piling up even though we have insurance. I am trying to figure out how it cost as much to have a daytime surgery as it did to have my kids. Of course we have to meet the deductable and will probably hit the max out of pocket (which makes me crabby). Hate giving my money away like that when I feel I pay plent in insurance! One of my cats has cancer but outlook is good. He is 14 and the lap cat of the house. $$$ signs are just going off in my head. Next week on vacation I will be making my kids sit home all day. No things aren't that bleak, I just like having extra in my checking vs. it being down at the bottom. I have savings but you know if you take from it - I tend to be lame about putting it back!

I am trying the a.m. exercise thing again. I did it successfully last year for a few months. I need it to I am making DH call me at 5:15 for the next few weeks to make sure I am up. He forgot the first day (but I got up anyhow). Today he remembered.

Great week to all!!!!

Steph

FitandFine 07-15-2003 11:42 AM

A quick hi -

The house sold last Thursday, which was just one week on the market! The people were shown the house at 1:00 and the offer came at 2:20. They offered a little more than we were asking. That is how nuts the market is! Now it is just wait for engineers and appraises while the banks satisfy themselves, I guess.

Hey - when I lived in Anchorage I DID have an engine block heater for winter - in my little Datsun I drove in that era! Down here in Juneau things are much more temperate and my bet is that abs and Steph have harsher winters than we do here! I'm with you on the heat - I'm a total wuss about it. But I'm also with PW as I don't like it when it gets bitingly cold in winter. Give me temperate any day.

Formal exercise is still iffy - once a week at the club? But I feel pretty trim and fit right now. Perhaps the secret all along is to move houses all the time - shall I write a book? Food is pretty good too. I have revived my addiction to diet soda, which bothers me, but that's my biggest complaint right now. This weekend my older daughter and I are going to participate in the Relay for Life which will mean a LOTTA walking, and for a great cause! So I expect that will be a good push for exercising too.

There is so much to say but of course no time to say it. Things have settled down since we no longer have to make our house Martha's house.

Todays goals:

Protein protein protein
veggies veggies veggies
water water water

Have a great day and keep the faith you 5%-ers

Juno

PainterWoman 07-16-2003 03:02 AM

OK. Goals:
2.5 lbs/week
DAILY exercise... can be gym w/ weights or walk or cycle
NO binges or secret eating.
Slow eating
WATER WATER WATER

SAB-- The first time I went to Fargo ND, when DS was heading for Concordia language camp, I thought the car rental place had drive in movies... because there were engine plug stands at the front of every parking space. I'd never even heard of the need for such a thing. Glad YOUR cars always started. Texans think anything near freezing is, well, freezing. Of course when it freezes here there's usually a slick coating of black ice on everything that makes driving very exciting.

If I could live in any climate, it would probably be San Diego or Santa Barbara... but I've been in Texas so long I sound like I belong here. (Scary!) Don't care for intense heat without ocean waves in the background. Haven't every had to live in snow country. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if the internet connections, UPS/Amazon, Schwan's still worked!!