Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #16  
Losing it!

Jeanne: Congrats on the weight loss!!! You have worked hard to get where your at!!! Enjoy the trip, I bet you'll look FANTASTIC!
Old 05-28-2003, 08:24 PM   #17  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

I finished at the board yesterday so today was officially my first day of summer break. I celebrated by sleeping in this morning...LOL. I worked outside most of the day, mowing and tilling the garden. I even planted a few tomatoes. My house is a wreck but I can clean it on rainy days ..right?

Jeanne.....WTG on the weight-loss!! Me and Sherry used to work at the same school, where we became best friends. We went camping east of Nashville, it's on Cordell Hull Lake. We are planning another camping trip after we get back from Florida.

Sherry.....What cleaning project have you been into today? You have all summer for cleaning, please enjoy yourself too.

Got to start supper, love to all my Floozie friends!!

Hugs...Debbie
Old 05-28-2003, 10:45 PM   #18  

Hi Ya'll

Hope everyone had a great OP day. I'm still OP and walking!! The weight is coming off slowly but surely!

Debbie,
Yep....you know me too well! I have been cleaning!! I'm doing one room at a time until the whole house is done!! It may take me all summer to finsih but I'm really doing some DEEP CLEANING!!

Jeanne,
Like Debbie said, We meet at my School. She left 2 years ago to go to a Middle School, I stayed.We have known each other for about 8 years.We became best friends instantly.We live about 30 minutes from each other.Thanks for asking about our camping trip.I was beginning to wonder if anyone missed us! LOL

Where is Ramona,Carol,Doni & Titan? I miss ya'll.

Going to relax now.
Hugs....
Old 05-29-2003, 09:27 AM   #19  

I'm here lurking......just nothing to add to the group right now.

Later,
Ramona
Old 05-29-2003, 08:35 PM   #20  

I'm here too. My grandson was here for 2 nights. He had gotten in trouble in school, so had to do some convincing that it was not vacation. We did some work outside while I tried to explain that if he didn't want to do physical labor, he'd better get his act together when it comes to school. I'm still not sure what he did besides running his mouth. I still remember when he was so quiet, you could take him anywhere. When he started talking, he never shut up! He still wants to please grandma when he's with me. Too bad it doesn't transfer to school.

His sister is just the opposite. She is basically an angel at school, but can be a total terror at home. Luckily she is starting to grow up a bit.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:14 AM   #21  
Losing it!

Dee: I hope the day with grandma helped your grandson. Maybe he just needed some quality time alone with you. I think the advice you gave him sounded very helpful.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:17 AM   #22  
Losing it!

Girls, put on the party hats!! One of our very own is celebrating a birthday tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:44 PM   #23  

Dear Floozie Girls,

I have been putting off writing this letter for a few days now.You just don't know how hard it is for me to type it.

As the Moderator I feel that I should bring to your attention some of the things that has been happening here that has been brought to my attention. I myself also have seen this happening but didn't want to be the only one to say something.

Most of us have been here for 3 or more years.We have all became very close friends and I will always cherish your friendship.

We need to remember that we are here to support & motivate one another to lose weight and cheer each other on.It's great that we can come here & talk about other things that we can't talk to our families about, but when someone is down about loosing weight or when someone has lost weight, that's what we need to focus on more then anything.I myself is guilty of not always commenting to someone who needs help.

I won't say who or what has been said, or not said, but someone feelings have been hurt. I don't want that person to leave our forum.Or anyone else for that matter! We are all close friends and we need to all continue to grow. Please don't take this personal, just try to READ what is being posted at all times.

This topic is now CLOSED! I do not see that any further discussion should be made about this. Let's move on from here and continue to be great FLOOZIE buds!!

Hugs

Last edited by Sherry; 05-30-2003 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:20 PM   #24  

My apology to any one I might have hurt for failing to praise you and incourage you with your weightloss journey. I have had a lot of family issues that I am dealing with and I know that I am not as attentive as I could be. Once again I am sorry. I will try to be more responsive and sensitive. Sending a hug your way.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:40 PM   #25  

Hi Ya'll

I've been kinda depressed today.I spent the day with Mom yesterday at the mall. I bet I tried on 20 swimsuits! They all looked TERRIBLE!!!!!! Even though I have lost 19 lbs., I still have ROLLS and BULDGES that look gross! If you really want to try to lose weight........GO TRY ON SWIMSUITS!!! It makes you not to want to EVER eat again!!!!!

Yesterday was Wayne's big 5-0 Birthday! We are going to Debbie's this afternoon for a cook-out to celebrate. He got money from my Parents and the boys gave him fishing stuff.I'm getting his gift later (clothes for Florida).

Gotta go & get busy..........
Love you all..........

Hmmmmmmmm...........Someone else has a B/day tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:01 PM   #26  
Losing it!

I too, apologize for any comments that I might of made over the past few months. It was probably my big mouth that caused any hurt feelings and I do sincerly apologize... Also, if I overlooked something, I am sorry...

Sher: Don't get down about the swimming suit experience. You have did great and will continue to do so. Did you realize as you lose weight, you will actually look flabbier at times? I guess all of the water and fat keep the skin plumped up. I know, personally, as I lose, I look pretty darm flubby!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE!!!!!!!! W@W! THE BIG 50!!!!!!!!!! I bet our girl Sherry will surprise you with something reallllllllll nice!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #27  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

I am just taking a break from my 1,001 chores...LOL. Question....Tell me why when you work your "butt" off it's still looks as big as when you started!!

Sherry......Thanks once again for keeping us straight!! I know myself that I'm not as sensitive as I should be sometimes. I promise I'll do better...BOSS!!! Looking forward to tonight!! Party!!!

Got to run...my break is over!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, filled with family and friends and lots of ""sunshine""!!!

Hugs...deb
Old 05-30-2003, 02:19 PM   #28  

Give Wayne a great big hug and kiss for me, Sherry. And you know us french women give two kisses one on each cheek.

Sherry I know how you feel about a bathing suit. I just hate shopping for one. But once you wear it a few times you will feel better about it.

Debbie that is so nice of you to throw a cook out for Wayne. Your a really good friend to Sherry and her family.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:27 PM   #29  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

If I offended anyone or hurt anyone's feelings at any time, please know that it was completely inadvertent. I sometimes have troubling telling when someone is looking for a motivating kick in the hiney vs. a supportive hug.

And Sherry....bathing suits! Ugh. Don't get me started!
Old 05-30-2003, 03:15 PM   #30  
Losing it!

Deb: Did you get my joke about the woman complaining about the small boobs? Maybe that can explain our butt size! BTW: You too have done great on this weight loss journey!

Jennelle: Ya...sometimes what I mean comes out completely different on the computer! I think all of us have good intentions, some how it just gets messed up along the way. Are you getting closer to birthday goal?

Dee: Have fun on the trip. Think of me as your sipping away on that nice little drink...

Okay, I've been thinking.... I am as guilty as anyone for maybe not being as sensitive as I should be. And yes, I have had my feelings hurt along the way too when I have posted a weight loss question or comment that has went unanswered. I agree with Sher that we have all became close friends BUT the main topic of this board should be about diet and exercise. I have set a new personal goal: To always make sure I mention the topic with every post. Also, I need to be more honest with you guys. Its to easy for me to come here and read the messages that others write compared to actually telling you how my dieting and exercise is going. I will try to post more about myself and how my plan is working for me. I hope this made some sense!
Closed Thread