3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Annie's Awesome April Wedding with the Worldlies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/278842-annies-awesome-april-wedding-worldlies.html)

diyana 04-16-2013 10:33 AM

Laura - Bummer about the train. When I first read that, I was wondering if it was due to heightened security, since on the news last night, they were saying that because of the bombings in Boston, security was heightened at various locations in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. So sorry about the pedestrian accident though. :( I hope your work meeting goes well. Find another WW meeting and stay OP, girlfriend.

happy2bme 04-16-2013 12:17 PM

Hi ladies,

First of all hearts and prayers to the people at the marathon yesterday. I swear people are a new kind of nuts. With all the shootings and now bombings again, I can't tell you how glad I am to be out of the city and away from it all. I was getting paranoid after a while because you're out just living life and you never know what's going on in the heads of people around you. People get too much information from the internet and are crazed when it comes to getting attention for themselves or their "causes".

Laura - bummer about the trains. Was that in DP by any chance? Always seemed to be an unusual amount of accidents in that town. Hope you can get your work done from home. Being in I.T., we were used to always lugging our laptop just in case we couldn't be at the office. I was wondering the other day how you were doing with the WW plan and if you found it to be something workable for you. I still say a lot has to do with how you feel about the leader - whether they are someone supportive and inspirational for you. I do agree that you should find a meeting because I think it is true about losing motivation and that's hard to get back again.

Michelle - that's encouraging about the phone interview. I hope it leads to more. As for the hypnotherapist, word of mouth and glowing recommendations are probably the best advertisements for her. Sounds like you are a good spokesperson! Yes, I do understand about the hair washing and people of my Mom's generation who were used to the beauty parlor. In fact, my Mom admitted that the biggest reason she doesn't wash her hair more frequently is that her arms tire easily and it's very hard for her to fix her hair. She will not consider a low maintenance cut and I also suggested that she get a tighter perm and just let the curls air dry - a white lady's afro of sorts which looks nice on her but she wants the volume. I would have to say that the most annoying thing about my Mom is that you can't tell her ANYTHING (and she wonders where I get that from :s: ) I can be stubborn in my beliefs but if you give me a good reason, I will be open to something different. Not her. And the older she gets, the worse she is about it. So instead of banging my head against the wall, I chose my fights carefully and mostly just let her go on and on and then commiserate with my sister. And then I take 5 minutes to pay my respects to poor Mel and can't even imagine what it's like to live with an entire village of oldsters :rofl:

Shad - you made me laugh with your recap of the airline announcements. I used to giggle (and recoil) when they talked about using the seat cushion as a floatation device. Of course I wanted to jam my face into something that hundreds of strangers have laid their butts on - but I suppose if I was at sea, one can only tread water for so long so maybe I'd get over my revulsion and hang on for dear life :lol: "Lets hope none of the guns going off for my birthday hit the plane and we have to land in a hurry" - another good one, never thought of that but probably a good reason to tone down the celebrating - however since you were born on a National Holiday, I guess it's hard to escape the fireworks. You must have a bazillion frequent flyer miles by now, don't you? Hope the knee is feeling better.

Hi Ceejay :wave:

Mel - I can totally understand the uneasiness you must feel being so close to NYC. And the things that you have seen that you can never quite push out of your mind. I guess you can't dwell on it or you will worry yourself under the bed. At least you have a large river separating you from the city. Why would you or the people in the building have interest in a school election? Geez Louise - the bus accident was 8 long years ago? Have we been together that long? I guess we have. I hope you can get rid of that chair. I'm sure there is bad juju with it. As for the stress and it's toll on your body, it's not since we moved out here that I began to really understand just how much stress sneaks up and messes with you so badly. In ways you never imagine. And you always have something going on over there so all the more reason to avoid what you don't need causing a problem, right? Don't get mad at yourself, sometimes that's the push we need to put ourselves first I think. :hug:

And a good, good morning to Miss Bride to Be Annie. Oh PLEASE girl tell me you are NOT going to go work on C's house after the wedding ceremony is over. I know you are having a slightly delayed honeymoon but at least spend the night at a hotel where C can practice his "deep diving" :o :rofl: Loved the picture of Lil Man and Sassy - she can pretend she's a "big dog" around him :lol: Too cute. Glad you got someone to rent C's house - hope that will work out well for you. Sorry to hear about the brother's bad luck. That has to be soooo frustrating for him. I hope he is able to land something very quickly. Things are still very shaky in the economy and job situation. I feel for people who are struggling just to stay above water. I hope you get an opportunity to work on your garden, I know the anticipation of getting out there and seeing things green up. :D Got your note, thanks for letting me know. ;) I hope you have a touching ceremony tomorrow and that you and C have a very long and happy life together going forward. :hug: Congratulations to you both!

The sun is peeking in and out and it's trying to hit 40 degrees. I hope so, we could use some melting here. Even with what seems like endless snow, they say we still haven't gotten enough to take us out of drought conditions which is really hard to believe. The good news is that we've had snow for longer than usual so that will have a positive effect on reducing the wildfire season. Living amongst a forest of trees, I do not like to think about things like wildfires :flame: Have a good day all.

annie175 04-16-2013 01:33 PM

Yes fraid so HAPPY. Since it is an opportunity for my plumber son to install the water heater while he is in town, we are taking advantage of it. I am only going to clean the bathroom floors, should only take me about 45 minutes, C is going to fix the dryer vent. Shouldn't take too awful long. We are staying at home tonight as we are both working Thursday. Want to save the money for the honeymoon. lol. Thank you for all the well wishes, I am sure I have it right this time..and heck how many people get a do over?

NO MORE SNOW FOR YOU!! Love the Snow ****!

annie175 04-16-2013 01:33 PM

N*zi

Laura705 04-16-2013 03:11 PM

Still at home. Everything was running about two hours late with that train incident, and my meeting started at 10, so I just stayed home so I could call in for the meeting. It went really long, so half the day is gone. I had two meetings this afternoon and one's been rescheduled, and the other is cancelled - we decided we can just review the report individually. It was 99% final anyway.

Happy - Wow, your classes are ending already??!! How time flies! Okay then, spring-like weather better get up there soon since you'll be able to enjoy it very soon!! :yes: :lol: So has the ice and snow melted yet? Too bad about your sis and BIL not being able to make it up to your area for vacay this summer. I know the situation re your mom's hair isn't all laughs for you, but I confess to chuckling. I honestly don't know how some of those old/older women can get by with having their hair "done" at the salon -excuse me, "beauty parlor" - each week and not wash it til the next week at the parlor. Not that my own mom ever did that. She'll go get her hair cut, but would never pay to have someone color or perm it. So she does it at home and she's had some bad color in her time! And that's when she tells me about it... And that's why I won't do my own hair, lol. But lately the gray comes quicker than my appointments, so I'm thinking about how to get my girl at the salon to advise me on some DIY measures to help carry me through to my next appointment. I already get a touchup every 4 weeks - no way am I going more often!! Glad the volunteering is so flexible - that sounds like a fun thing to do, since you'll also get to see the performances. Re the k'bells, yeh, both cost me about $14, so they will be good to have around. Definitely bringing the 7 pound one to class next week. I think my Saturday fitness class (which included some medicine ball routines) helped me with Sunday's kbell class, and we didn't do nearly as much repetition with the moves that included squats.

Annie - 1 more day, less than 24 hours now!!! Your day sounds nice, up til the part where you install the water heater, lol. As Happy said, make sure someone's taking a lot of photos!! Sorry to hear your brother lost his job. How terrible to have someone move their whole life for a job, just to lose it when someone changes their mind. Nice to have an OCD tenant in C's house though!! I hope it works out well for everyone! What an adorable photo you posted - kids and dogs, can't beat it for cuteness. :)

Mel - So glad to hear you've got an operable chair now. For some reason I didn't know the loaner chair was having problems. :( I hope you've been able to rest and recover from all the stress this has caused you. Hope your work re the election was short and sweet today - just what you didn't need!! Re the kbells - I'm kind of nervous about using them at home - swinging around a weight, I'm worried about something or someone getting hurt!! Just in the basement I think.

Shad - Oh, you will be flying on your bday. Well, let's hope it's a memorable day for the right reasons!!! Yup, at this point I'd prefer to be rich instead of beautiful, LOL. So...tell us about the Wiggles car, heehee.

Hi Ceejay!!

Michelle - I see my thoughts re older women with their weekly beauty shop appts match yours, lol. I don't put any "product" in my hair, so i get by with washing it every other day, or daily depending on the workout schedule. Glad to hear the hypnosis sessions are working well for you. :)

===
Gosh, took me a long time to get through the personals for some reason and that led to sneaker-inners...

So very sad about the deaths and injuries in Boston. There's so much evil in the world today, it's just horrifying.

E-mail's slowed down, and I hate using this web version of outlook. Bleh. Oh well, back to the usual tomorrow. For now I'll enjoy being at home in our nice new office wearing slippers, jeans and my fleece for the afternoon.

TTFN!

diyana 04-17-2013 07:42 AM

Super quick check in to wish our dear Annie a VERY HAPPY HO-DAY!!! I am so very happy for you, sista! C is a very lucky man! Have a wonderful day!!

Shad 04-17-2013 07:45 AM

Congratulations Annie. My best wishes for a very bright future and a big bucket load of happiness.

Love to you both

MELODY525 04-17-2013 07:55 AM

http://files.mommo.hu/pictures/000/9...1cc848cb_s.jpg

:cofdate: Morning Chicks.
Late night last night. No rest for the weary. LOL
We had problems with the front doors closing & a plumbing leak.
I did not work the voting poll.
Good thing cause I got congested.
This sinus - asthma thing is a PITA.
Taking meds & this morning I had to use the inhaler.:cry:
I hate the smell/taste of that crap.
Going back to lie down & let it work.
Sorry no personals today.
I want to thank all of you for the good thoughts for Jen.
She is much improved and we spent time together.
She looks good & is walking without pain....so to speak.
Hope you gals have a great day.

MELODY525 04-17-2013 07:57 AM

HAPPY
HO DAY
ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

ceejay52 04-17-2013 08:39 AM

Best Wishes Annie.

Not much to say this morning. For some unknown reason got sick at work yesterday. Usually when I have an episode with this after a bout with a nervous stomach I do this after I start to settle down.

Getting on with my day. More later.

annie175 04-17-2013 08:45 AM

Today I marry the love of my life with loving blessings from my children, Samantha Carpenter, John J Carpenter and Kristin Carpenter, I love you Curtis Hohenberger, you make me feel like a queen and treat me as one, you make me so very happy. Thank you for loving my children and grandbabe as your own. You are a remarkable, amazing person and I thank GOD every day for you. I love you with all my heart and then some.

diyana 04-17-2013 08:49 AM

Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness, dearest Annie! You so deserve it!! Much love and many hugs to you, sweet sista!

annie175 04-17-2013 08:49 AM

Thank you all for the love and well wishes...I am CERTAIN I got it right this time...he worships me.....kind of scary that someone worships ME...really?

Laura705 04-17-2013 09:45 AM

Annie - Wishing all the best to you and C on your wedding day!! :val2: Hope your day is very special and memorable and is the beginning of a wonderful life enjoying each other. :hug:

happy2bme 04-17-2013 12:07 PM

It's finally time for Annie's Awesome April Wedding!

Happy Happy Ho-day dear Annie. Don't forget your bouquet :congrat:

Hope you have a beautiful ceremony with your loved ones and a lifetime of love and happiness. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...7/waltzing.gif Sometimes to have to dig through a lot of dirt before you find that gold nugget. Cherish each other. Love to you both. :grouphug: