3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Annie's Awesome April Wedding with the Worldlies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/278842-annies-awesome-april-wedding-worldlies.html)

diyana 04-24-2013 11:30 AM

Sorry for being away. I've been crazy busy. I think I just have one more trip to Goodwill, and the rest of the stuff is going with me.

In response to Mel's comment, I am actually renting a 22' truck and towing my car on a trailer behind. I'll be okay. I've driven a truck nearly that big. And I've got a friend coming with me for someone to talk to other than Santa. I'm confident I'll do fine with the drive. Since I'm towing a trailer, I can't legally go faster than 55 mph. It'll take me 5 days to get to CA.

I have friends coming to help me load the truck on Saturday, and my friend that's going with me can't leave until Sunday morning, so that's when we're heading out. I should arrive in CA sometime next Thursday, and then I'm coordinating with friends there to help me move nearly all my stuff into storage since I'll be staying with my step-mom when I first get there.

Gotta get back to it. This stuff won't pack itself.

Sorry for not having time to do personals.

Much love and many hugs to all,

happy2bme 04-24-2013 11:53 AM

Good morning ladies,

Happy birthday (and travels) Miss Shad. Hope the airlines are particularly nice to you today. Now her birthday is really our tomorrow but her today on that side of the pond, right? I am easily confused but totally in support of a two day celebration. I'll bet it feels good to be back home for a while.

Laura - thanks for the movie review, that one is showing at our local theater. Might have to check it out. I hate underwire bras. Should wear one myself but I have never found one that is comfortable. They are like shoes, they are ok in the store trying them on but then after an hour you want to just rip them off. Bras and shoes - so much more of a hassle than buying tops :rofl: Congratulations on your 10 pounds down - just in time for spring and warmer weather :cp: that's got to be a great feeling. Keep at it!

Morning Mel - did I miss the pancake breakfast? :hungry: I made some blueberry and raspberry pancakes and had left over batter so I made the remaining pancakes and froze them (based on a friend's recommendation who does it for her kids) - I was pleasantly surprised at how well they came out when I warmed them later. Hope the leeks are all fixed and everyone is warm and dry now. Just like the zoo, always something to see at your building. Sorry to hear the doctor's office visit was such a pain. He doesn't know the half of it. Not sure if you are supposed to feel sorry for them or just stand up to demanding your part of their time! I HATE that they purposely overbook because they anticipate cancellations yet this often means the patients are the ones who really suffer. Can't even imagine a room full of wheelchairs. It's hard enough maneuvering around the walkers. Beep, beep...

:wave: Ceejay and Michelle

The snow melted pretty quickly yesterday. We still have a lot but it's starting to melt. The ground is thawing too, you can tell by how much the water is absorbed in the driveway. It also ushers in the most nerve wracking time of year for me - the great defrost and in ground seepage. We have a sump pump where the water drains in from around the foundation in the house and it just started to kick on today. When it gets rolling, the pump with pretty much run non stop. Should the pump die (or the power go out), the water will fill up and flood our basement. Now that water is draining in, that also means the frost line is thawing. We think a hen turkey has decided that our outside air conditioning unit will make a good place for a nest. :no: DH is worried that its too easy pickings for a fox. I told him he has to be turkey daddy and stand guard :rofl: The weather is actually supposed to be gorgeous for the weekend - in the 60's and 70's. I wish :crossed: We were out shoveling in the bright sun yesterday and it wasn't half bad. Today is more overcast and a bit damp and chilly. We will probably go for our walk before the rain and thunderstorms hit later.

This is the last week of my writing classes, today and Friday are the last 2 lessons. I'm glad I took these, got some good information here. Just have to apply the chair glue as they say and get in the habit of writing every day.

I should get busy now. Have a good day everyone.

happy2bme 04-24-2013 11:56 AM

Yikes Michelle - that's a big truck but I figured you'd need something in order to tow your car too. 5 days - that's like having a Conestoga wagon train :lol: But at least you have allotted reasonable time to get there. I hope the weather holds up for you too :crossed: That's great that you got someone to travel with you - I sure would be nervous driving that far in a truck by myself and I'm sure it will help to pass the time. Sounds like you are making good progress going through your stuff. Lucky Goodwill shoppers!

ceejay52 04-24-2013 01:00 PM

Michelle
So glad that you have someone going with you. Wow being behind the wheel of a 22' truck would scare me. Aren't friend great to help you load the truck.

Happy
How did you like the music theory class? I've been debating taking some online classes but not sure what.

Laura
Congrats on that .4 pounds. Every little amount is worth the effort. I'm going to be disappointed big time if I don't show a loss tomorrow.

Mel
Good for you in sending a text back to see the office. I hate long waits in the doctor's office but sometime things like this has to be done.

Shad
Safe travels.

-----
Inspection today from the health department.
We had rain during the night. The front has brought in some cold air. :brr:
My knee's are feeling the cold air. They don't want to move. Oh well life goes on.

Laura705 04-24-2013 03:21 PM

Michelle - That's a big truck to drive, and towing your car behind to boot!! Glad you'll have a friend with you for this looong drive. Good job getting rid of so much. I really need to dig in at the house - thirteen years later we have accumulated a LOT. Do you feel lighter now that you've gotten rid of a lot of stuff? I always worry I'll miss something when I get rid of it, but in the end, I think if you haven't had it out of a box and needed it enough to dig it out of the box, then you probably won't miss it. Items of sentimental value don't count, of course... every once in a while I'll remember an article of clothing I've donated and think "maybe I might have worn it again", or "now it'll fit, maybe I would have worn it again", but usually the feeling is more sentimental than a real desire to have it again. Maybe if I get rid of something I'll snap a photo of it first...

Happy - I agree that we should celebrate Shad's b-day for two days, especially since she's busy traveling today. :D Scary thinking of the power going out and the basement flooding. Do you have one of those alarms you place on the floor that will sound when it comes in contact with water? That's what alerted bf to our seepage last week. Re bras - yeh, underwires are not comfortable and whoever invented them is evil. :devil: I can't believe they actually have underwire sports bras - no way am I going that route! I will layer a couple of the stretchy ones before doing that!

Ceejay - Good luck with the inspection - I hope everything goes smoothly. It's chilly here today too (40's), but at least it's sunny. :sunny: I wore my really long unlined trench coat today to keep my legs a bit warmer and it was alright with my sweater underneath. Not really cold enough for my long down coat anymore. I sort of need something in between the unlined coat and my down coat - maybe a trench coat with a zip-out lining. Especially for the days where it starts out cold and warms up in the afternoon. I actually had two of those types of trench coats, but I think they'd look more dated than "classic" by now.

===
We just had a fire drill. I'd forgotten - they always fall the week after the building safety meeting, which was last Wed.

Okay, I'm rambling. Stop, post, work.

Shad 04-24-2013 07:53 PM

Morning,
So today is Anzac day and I've been to Dawn Parade, given thanks for those who have fallen and who are still with us. It is interesting to note that where ever I go over this great big island, Australians do not sing. Probably they don't know the words - to the traditional military hymns or the national anthem. They just sit there or stand there like dummies. Really don't know why they bother to go if they are not going to participate.

So I have an announcement to make. On Tuesday, I was so frustrated and fed up with not having enough to do that yesterday I went in and told them I would not be signing the new contract, and that I would be finishing up that afternoon. I said goodbye to those I liked and ignored the others and finished up. So I have no job anymore, but hey I care about this because?????

Just call me an unemployed bum.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I appreciate them greatly although I should not be having birthdays at my age. It is not good for my health.

I'm off to finish my packing, clean the apartment, take my bags down to the car and when I get home tonight, I will sit down and write some personals. It will be nice to know that I don't have to do anything except that which I want to do for a while.

happy2bme 04-24-2013 08:38 PM

Welcome to my wonderful life Joy. At least for a little while. It is most refreshing on the body which, if you are about to go get some exams, that might be helpful. Not so helpful on the checkbook to pay said doctors but hey, as Mel would say - things have a tendency to work themselves out. I totally get where you are coming from and sometimes you just had enough and even if you look in the farthest point of the toe of your biggest sock, you cannot find one iota of tolerance to get you through the next day.

Things will turn up in time, you know they will and you are good at planning and making things happen so no worries. Happy Birthday to you my friend and safe travels. :cheers:

MELODY525 04-25-2013 08:30 AM

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/6237/dpfben457.jpg

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES

MORE ALARMS YESTERDAY. WTF IS GOING ON??
THERE IS NO REST FOR THE WEARY.
EVEN JEN MADE A COMMENT WHEN SHE FOUND ME GONE.
SHE WANTED TO KNOW WHEN I WAS GOING TO BE ABLE TO REST. :lol3:
I HAD A LAUGH WHEN I READ LAURA'S POST.
SHE HAD A FIRE DRILL.....I CRACKED UP AT THE IRONY.
NOW THE SENIORS ARE TRYING TO BURN THE BUILDING DOWN AGAIN :flame:
YESTERDAY THE FIREMEN YELLED AT THE TENANT.
POOR WOMAN SPEAKS NO ENGLISH...MAINT. MAN HAD TO TRANSLATE.
WHAT A DISASTER...SHE OPENED THE DOOR AND SMOKE FILLED THE AIR VENTS.
SET OFF ALL THE ALARMS THEN. FIREMEN WERE FURIOUS.
IT JUST SEEMS THAT EACH TIME I GET IN FRONT OF THE TV, AN ALARM GOES OFF. :rofl:
MAYBE I BETTER FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO AMUSE ME!

TIME FOR BREAKFAST AND THEN A SHOWER.
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY.

LAURA....CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS TOTAL.
DOING A GREAT JOB. I MENTIONED TO THE OFFICE HOW WELL YOU ARE DOING. HINT. HINT. I WORRY ABOUT THEM.
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JACKIE ROBINSON'S HISTORY EITHER.
AND I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE HARRISON FORD IS MARRIED TO CALISTA FLOCKHART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY....YOU ARE THE NEXT BIRTHDAY GIRL ON SATURDAY:hb:
I HOPE THE SUN IS SHINING RATHER THAN SNOWING FOR YOUR DAY!!!
HOW DOES DH LIKE HIS NEW JOB AS GODFATHER-SECURITY GUARD TO THE NEW HEN??? :rofl:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE 2 LESSONS FOR WRITING.
YOU'RE MY HERO TAKING CLASSES.
I'LL SEND OUT SOME ELMER'S TO KEEP YOU SEATED!!!

MICHELLE....GLAD TO HEAR SOMEONE WILL BE WITH YOU.
THAT'S A LONG DRIVE AND I WAS CONCERNED.
I CANNOT BELIEVE THE TIME HAS FLOWN BY SO QUICKLY. ARE YOU EXCITED????
LET ME SAY SAFE TRAVELS TO YOU AND LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARRIVE IF YOU CAN :hug:
PS: MAYBE YOU CAN ATTACH ME TO THE CAR AND TOW ME TTO CA AS WELL:beach:

CEEJAY......HOPE THE INSPECTIONS WENT OK YESTERDAY.
I HEAR YA ON THE COLD AND THE KNEES.
THIS WEATHER IS MAKING ME NUTS.
WE BOTH ARE FREEZING OVER HERE.

SHAD....I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABBOUT THE JOB.
IT'S BEEN SUCH A STRAIN & A PAIN.
GLAD YOU DID WHAT YOU FELT WAS RIGHT FOR YOU.
I AM THINKING YOU REALLY NEEDED A BREAK.
THESE JOBS HAVE GOINE ON FOR QUITE AWHILE AND TRAVELING WITHOUT A GOOD LONG TIME HOME.
TREASURE THE MOMENTS HOME NOW AND RELAX:hug:
HOW CAN I FORGET ANZAC DAY WHEN IT'S ON YOUR BD?????

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0x0spN9tS1.../Anzac-Day.jpg

diyana 04-25-2013 08:38 AM

I have officially entered the "OMG, how am I going to get this all done" phase!

ceejay52 04-25-2013 10:18 AM

Michelle
Don't panic--work diligently and all this will be good. I'm getting rid of a lot of things now as I have plans to move in 2 more years.

Mel
Wow all those alarms and a fireman getting aggravated and spoke his peace. That's not a good thing. Hope you find some time to rest today.

LAURA,
We don't have fire drills where I work now. Even though some electric fires could break out but most of them would be contained to that pump motor.

Happy
Maybe this will be the last of the snow.

-
Shad
Safe travels and once you are home relax. That's what I'm looking forward to this week end.

-------
I texted my gf last night to tell her I wasn't going out to lunch today. I'm tired of the places we go eat and the Mexican restaurant puts more sodium in my body than I like.
Weigh in this morning was good for a change. Most of the 4 pounds I lost were fluid pounds as I've been taking my fluid med on a regular basis this week. At least my body is not swollen.
Inspection went as well as could be expected. This was for a fluoride inspection only. I had to do a fluoride test as well with the man from the Health Department standing there. That made me nervous. I've never had to do that before in my 21 years here.

Laura705 04-25-2013 10:45 AM

Morning all.

Michelle - I would have been at that point right after accepting the offer!!! Just try to keep calm, keep checking your lists, and get enough rest. :yoga: I might second Mel's request and sneak into the truck and go with you to CA. When May comes in a week and I'm still wearing turtlenecks, scarves, and gloves, it's time to move to a warmer climate!!!

Shad - No job, but I'm sure you didn't renew your contract because the idea of no job is much more palatable than continuing to tolerate this assignment. Have a good rest and enjoy your time at home. You deserve it!! Oh, and Happy Birthday, part II. :D :woo:

Mel - I'd forgotten Harrison Ford was married to Calista F. Quite the age difference, but if it works for them, so be it. Sorry you had the alarm issues yesterday. Did the maintenance man also translate the fireman's fury? Probably no need... Yeh, stop with the tv, maybe the alarms will stop, LOL. Hope you get some peace and NO ALARMS today!!!

Ceejay - Congrats on the weight loss - 4 pounds??!! Awesome!! :cp: I'd have been nervous as heck with someone watching me do that test. I don't like when someone's looking over my shoulder!! Is it your weekend yet, or does that start tomorrow?? I didn't work Monday and I'm jonesing for Friday to come...

===
The admin reminded me yesterday that we had to prepare our job/career development plans. I'm mostly done, but I just hate doing this. I'm getting particularly nervous about what's to come because although the boss was vague about the timing (in 1-2 years) of her retirement, I feel it's going to be sooner than I thought. I don't like or trust her boss AT ALL, so I don't know what they might plan to do with our department in the way of changes. Sigh.

I watched the last episode of Series 3 of MOTG last night. Sad one, and I bawled several times throughout. Not sure if I'm ready to move on to series 4 yet, or to go back to Mad Men. Or just give both of those shows a break for now. Anyone watching anything interesting?

Been reading a volume of short stories ("Tenth of December" by George Saunders and it's been interesting - this is a very creative author. I'm thinking if I decide to host a book club in the near future, I might choose this one. We've never done short stories before, and for those who have trouble finishing the book before book club (if at all), short stories would allow them to at least read some of the stories. Then again, there are some of the group who prefer audio books - not sure if this is available in that format. Hmmm.

Other reading I want to do: the short stories of Flannery O'Connor, loaned to me by the admin, and "The Great Gatsby", since the movie is coming out May 10th and I definitely want to see it. :book2:

Okay, enough rambling .:blah: :blah: Have a great day everyone!

happy2bme 04-25-2013 11:50 AM

Morning all,

Happy birthday Shaddie on this side of the pond, hope you were not too tired from travelling to enjoy at least a part of the day.

Looks like we are going to get some nice weather for the weekend before we dip back down to cool again. So I will be out all weekend :D Call me crazy but I did sign up for another class yesterday. It started last week so I have 3 lessons to catch up on and 4 lessons for the 2 classes I am currently taking. But the 2 classes end tomorrow and yesterday's lessons were just reading, no writing assignments. The new class I signed up for is about how to use Wordpress. I started a blog last year using this but I was unfamiliar with the software so I was more frustrated than productive. Even with only 2 lessons under my belt I've had a couple of aha moments and I will certainly use the materials as a reference point going forward. I signed up for the Wordpress course only because it started last week and runs to mid May and I don't want to be tied to anything after next month through the short but precious summer weather. I'm getting very positive feedback from my one instructor and that's nice to hear.

Mel - what the heck are the seniors doing in their apartments that is setting off the smoke alarms and summoning the fire department??? I've burned a few things in my time but I can't imagine it ever getting that bad and they seem to do this on a ROUTINE basis :yikes: Do you get cute and hunky firemen coming to your building or just the old gruff guys? :rofl: Thank you for the Elmer's, the instructor talks about applying "chair glue" to your seat to make sure you stick with your writing on a regular basis! We do not want to encourage turkeys to have nests close to our house - too easy for the foxes and raccoons to pillage them. Maybe we can put collars on the turkeys like electronic cat doors and they can go and nest in DH's garden beds in the fenced area in the yard :lol: Oh wait - that's MY garden beds. Never mind... How is your bashed leg doing?

Shad - a respectful Anzac Day to you. I agree that it's sad that people do not know the words to the national anthems. We start sporting events here with the singing of the anthem and I am saddened by how many of the athletes (who they show on the television as they are playing the song) not only don't sing but also do not show the respect for hand over heart for our country's flag and the freedom it represents. I would think the coaches would "coach" them to behave appropriately. Between them and the people in Hollywood, they set some pretty poor examples of how to behave. But I digress. So have you made any plans for your time off?

Ceejay - congratulations on the 4 pounds down! :cp: And for doing well with the inspector looking over your shoulder. Eeek. But as I have found, being nervous does tend to make one more aware and careful. I'll take a bit of nerves over overly cocky assurances any day. Good job on passing up the restaurants that just bloat you up with salt. Or in the case of Mexican who can avoid guacamole and sour cream and cheese? :lol:

Laura - I have no books to recommend as most of what I've been reading has been reference books for my classes. I was going to look into "The Perfect Storm" because it was written by the author's viewpoint of what he felt was the last days of the people on the ship that went down based on interviews with others and research. But then I looked at the reviews on Amazon and while most were good, the one stars were rather harsh in their assessment. I think the short stories idea is a good one, particularly if you have some book club members that never seem to get through the entire book in time to discuss it ( not naming names here or pointing fingers at myself :o ) One book I did enjoy that we did for book club several years ago was One Thousand White Women - The Journals Of May Dodd. Check it out on Amazon. It was actually quite interesting. Ugh on the potential future changes with your department. Unfortunately I think when someone talks about retirement, I think that puts a big target on their back when other enterprising people might be thinking about cost cutting or making themselves look good. I guess you have to play the game too and beef up the performance objectives. Not a bad idea to look at some other stretch goals just in case to show them you are looking beyond your current duties. Would be so much more effective I think if we could just buckle down and do our work and skip the politicking, no?

Michelle - I totally understand I the how am I going to get this all done thing. When we left TN, I swear DH was going to drive off and leave without me. I was rushing as fast as I could - we were delayed because the movers showed up late the last morning and I wound up throwing a bunch of good stuff - including my toothbrush and several plants on the trash pile because DH decided we could not get one more single thing into the truck and he was leaving with or without me. God it was ugly! The only thing I can say is that you start off looking at stuff and dwelling on whether you want to keep it and you make progress, but it's slow. Then as time ticks faster and faster, and you realize that you are running out of both time and room to pack things (even in a 20 foot truck), you tend to start really flinging things out. It's VERY exhausting so hopefully you can settle down in SJ for a long, long time. Just think next week you will be settled in.

And speaking of a week flown by, I do hope that Annie is having a nice honeymoon and the deep sea fishing went well yesterday.

Have a great day everyone.

happy2bme 04-25-2013 11:51 AM

Laura - are you planning on seeing the movie The Great Gatsby that is due out soon?

diyana 04-25-2013 07:47 PM

I just got back from taking ex-DMIL out for dinner. We had a nice time. Tomorrow, I'm going to take Santa over there, and I'll spend a couple hours chatting with her. I also need to do a load of laundry, and my ex said I could do it at his place so I can spend time with ex-DMIL. My ex is away on a business trip and he took GF with him.

I'm hoping I get a second wind tonight so I can get everything except the computer all packed up tonight. That would be wonderful. :crossed:

UPDATE: It's about an hour later. I got a 2nd wind and packed up the linen closet, the rest of the kitchen, and a few other odds and ends. I got a lot done in a short time. The packing is not quite complete, but I am now confident that I'll get it done tomorrow morning. I'm tired now.

MELODY525 04-26-2013 07:47 AM

http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components...2fef61692b.gif

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.

MEETINGS WENT WELL AND THEN STAYED WITH MY FRIEND.
SHE HAD A PILE OF WORK TO STILL DO BEFORE GOING HOME.
NOTHING NEW SINCE YESTERDAY. FINALLY A QUIET NIGHT.
GOING FOOD SHOPPING AND WILL SEE YOU ALL MANANA.
STAY WELL AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND:beach:

MICHELLE....SAFE TRAVELS.
GLAD YOU GOT THE SECOND WIND.
TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BRAND NEW FUTURE!!

CEEJAY...BET YOU'RE GLAD THE TESTING IS OVE WITH.
I GET NERVOUS DOING STUFF IN FRONT OF PEOPLE TOO.
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 4 LBS EVEN IF IT IS WATER.
I KEEP TELLING JEN...SODIUM IS THE ENEMY! :rofl:

LAURA....RIGHT NOW I AM HOOKED ON SCIS WITH MARK HARMON.
LAST TIME I WAS HOOKED ON THE MENTALIST.
USUALLY I AM NOT A CRIME DRAMA FAN.
I FORGET HOW THE MONARCH SERIES GOES...WAS IT THE FATHER???
WHEN I WATCHED BALLYKISSANGEL.....I CRIED MY BRAINS OUT!!
SORRY ABOUT THE BOSS & RETIREMENT AND ALSO THE "CAREER PLANS".
JUST THE KIND OF THINGS I LOVE .......NOT!
SENDING A HUG:hug:

HAPPY....YOU BUSY LITTLE WRITER YOU! :write:
GLAD TO HEAR THE FEEBACK CONTINUES TO BE POSITIVE.
YOU MIGHT BECOME A FAMOUS BLOG WRITER.
I SEE THE POINT OF THE TURKEY BEING SO CLOSE TO THE HOUSE.
POOR MR FOX WILL MISS OUT ON HIS DINNER IF SHE MOVES.
THE SQUASHED KNEE IS ALL BETTER NOW.
PAINFUL EXPERIENCE THOUGH. OUCH.
HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD WEATHER OVER THE WEEKEND!!