Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #16  
Becoming A Better Me

Well it was such a beautiful day today that i took my dd and her puppy hiking thru the woods and then along the beach! Felt good to be outside in fresh air and bright sunshine! I got a full work out in yesterday as well which was 30min rev. Elliptical, 30 min back strength training and ab/core work. So, thats 3 days in a row of exercise which i havent managed to do in a good while and it felt good and very calming. Rennie, i hope your right about this job. It just seems the perfect place for me and a "to good to be true" position. So ladies keep me in your prayers as i will all of you and hope yall have a good night and pleasant dreams.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #17  
Becoming A Better Me

Kris~ absolutely love the cake, awesome job!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #18  
Becoming A Better Me

Rennie- congrats on the scale going in the right direction hope it keeps going that way for you!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #19  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Checking in . . . our little thread is so quiet but I hope you ladies hang in there.

Joy ~ I hope you hear some good news on your job soon. Congrats on the 3 days in a row of exercise . . . hopefully you've been able to continue.

Rennie ~ congrats on the scale moving in the right direction. I'm still struggling with my numbers, but I'm hanging in there.

The gym is going good. I had my second trainer workout last night. Only one left. I think it has been worth the money, but not sure I want to pay for any more sessions (which would be double what I paid for the first 3). I'm gonna take whatever plan the trainer works up for me and give it a go on my own. If I can get over my self-consciousness then I'll be okay. I am loving the pool. I swam Friday on my lunch hour, went back on Sunday and then swam yesterday on my lunch hour. According to an online calculator based on my age and weight I burn about 300 calories for 30 minutes of swimming. I'll be heading to the pool on my lunch hour again today.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #20  
Becoming A Better Me

Hello ladies~
Still havent heard anything about the job position and the place opens in about 2 weeks so its not looking to good. I did manage to get a good bit of walking in yesterday amidst running a gf around so she could do errands. Kris so glad you joined the gymits definitely an awesome feeling at the end of a work-out. See if your gym has a activtrax kiosk. Its like having a personal trainer without the expense. You can even do it thru your pc or smartphone. www.activtrax.com you can personalize it to a T check it out. I use it at the Y and its aweome.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #21  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quick check in ....

Kris love the cake you did a great job,

Joy I do pray that the job comes through for you.

the scale got back up to 194.4 but it was down this morning to 193.8. I so hope to get out of the 190's before my birthday in April. I can't seem to get use to the time so I went to bed at 9ish last night. I feel pretty good this morning but we shall see what the day holds. I have a terrible cough thanks to the kids at the day care and so does my daughter. Scratchy throats and runny noses, blah ... I pray we are over this soon.

Have a great day everyone, I'll catch up more later
Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #22  
~Rennie

Kris as long as the two of keep showing up so will I. I love being able to come here. I'm sorry it's not as often as I would like.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #23  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmorning ladies~
Hope all are doing well. I havent had a very energetic or productive week by any means. Im not sure if its the time change ( hard to believe 1 hr can make such a huge difference) or if its a TOM thing ( didnt have 1 last month, just all the lovely symptoms) im having all the lovely symptoms now and not sure if or when ill get the full effects. Im not doing so well with my eating either which is what i turn to when i dont want to or feel like doing anything other than sit/lay around. Still no news on a job yet even tho i knew it would take time to find a job in this economy im letting the worry consume my thoughts.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #24  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I have been exhausted all week too . . . I really think it's the time change. I wish I would have taken a nap on my lunch, but I worked through my lunch hour instead.

I have my last trainer session tonight. I would rather go home and go to bed but I won't. I really don't know why I'm so tired but after my session with the trainer I will try to do some Zumba.

Have a good day ladies.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #25  
Becoming A Better Me

Well i made myself go to the gym today! I dont know why its so hard to still make it a priority in my day because i love doing the workouts and the effects it has on me and my body so that should truly be enough reason to still be going daily even if i dont have to take my ds back n forth to school anymore. After all thid journey is all for and about ME right?! I always seem to get in my own way!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #26  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmorning ladies & tgif~
Well like i said wasnt a very productive week BUT at least it was drama free which is definitely rare around here. I am going to take my behind to the gym today and get a full work-out in. I really need to get my act together n get in gear again. My sister tild me yesterday that as of august 2012 she is down 52lbs so far she started her new lifestyle a month after i did, shes 10yrs younger than me and 400+ lbs. She has been over weight her whole entire life and her 30s started bringing health issues due to her weight. Im so unbelievably proud of her and i was her motivation to begin and now ill make her my motivation!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #27  
Becoming A Better Me

OK went to the gym today and did an intensive hour long tabata type work-out with 1 of the girls here to the point of feeling like i was going to throw up which for as hard as ive pushed myself in the past ive never pushed so hard that ive had that feeling before! i was thinking yep and thats the end of my working out today BUT took a little breather cooled down a bit and then printed out my activtrax work-out for the day and did that entire work-out as well! that included 35 minutes of strength training of my shoulders, 30 minutes of ab/core, and well only 15 minutes of cardio as opposed to my usual 30 minutes but hey at least i did it lol! i feel a soak in the whirlpool tub coming on!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #28  
Becoming A Better Me

Its a rainy saturday morning here in va. and can o kust say how sore my whole body is! The only thing at this point that doesnt hurt is my toes lol! But hey no pain no haonand i know ive worked every muscle in my poor ole body! Now i just need to stick to it anf make it routine again!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #29  
~Rennie

Joy this time change has really gotten to me also. I haven't read all the way through the thread yet but I hope you are feeling better. And I pray something comes through for you soon.

Kris it is definitely the time change. I have wanted to take a nap every day at lunch also. My life has took an interesting turn so my brain is on overload. You know Zumba will work wonders also, if you don't to spend the money for a trainer. I loved Zumba. I wish I had the time to do it or something again

I still have this horrible cold. I sounded so bad in church yesterday even my son looked at me funny. I think it's better than it was and this weather isn't helping. Cold one day, warm to hot the next. my weight is up and down. Yesterday it was 194.6, to be expected because we celebrated my Auntie's 85th birthday on Saturday. Then this morning it was 193.0. Hopefully I'll do good today food wise and not go back up. I would really like to figure out a way to bring my threadmill in here. Maybe I can move the table and place it in the dining area, idk

Well have a great day ladies and I pray we all have the energy to get through the day until we can rest this evening. Take care

Last edited by love2b150; 03-18-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #30  
~Rennie

Joy we all seem to get in our own way It's not just you. We are also usually our own worse critic Tell your sister Congratulations on her weight loss so far and doesn't it feel good to motivate someone close to you? Are you near one another? Can you work out together? Great job at the gym on the 15th way to go Hope the soreness has worn off by now. We had a beautiful sunny warm day here on Saturday. I am so ready for those kind of days to be the norm

I see the thread is really dwendling down. I am so trying to stay active on here. But by the time I get home in the evening I have 3 hours to do all that I need to do and I am so tired most days. So I'm sorry that I am not as active as I should be. More good news for me. I got on the scale and I was 192.6 this morning. I have to say I was shocked but very happy. I hope I can continue this downward weight loss.

My youngest son is 12 today. My oldest son made him a confetti cake. I'll try it tomorrow

I hope all is well with everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 03-21-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Closed Thread