View Poll Results: Which is worse, being old or fat?
Old, at least there is a possibility of losing fat. 3 23.08%
Fat, at least there is no reason to feel compelled to do something about old. 4 30.77%
I love both. Now that I'm old who cares if I'm fat, I look like a cow anyway. 1 7.69%
I hate both equally. Oprah says that 50 is the new thirty. I'm throwing away my prime. 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 10:16 AM   #16  
Most boring housewife.

i'm wiped.
i'm having trouble with my mom's caregivers. i lost about $400. in checks from other play parents. my dd's knee looks like somebody took a baseball bat to it. all she cares about is that she hhas gained weight due to all of this forced inactivity, so she appears to have stopped eating any food that wasn't picked. dh is working round the clock either at work or here. the pool is about to open and, though i thought this was impossible, i'm even fatter than i was last year. and i'm going to be 49.

i've eaten a two point cheese stick so far today. you'd think i'd be thin already.

plus, i can't type with two hands anymore becarse my old arm can't take it.

there, those are all of my complaints for today. now i'm frree to feign concern for the trials of others.

just joking. if you look at the stress scale, buying a house is almost as stressful as the death of a loved one. it's so hard to get all od these inspecty people to be reasonable. have you asked this inspector guy what it would cost for him to
'see" your insulation. usually the payment of a fee is all that is necessary to improve the vision of these professional PITAs.

sugar, you poor thing. you have strife?

kiwi, i think packing makes it a drag to travel, too. plus you have all that work when you get there.

have a good day, everybody.
l

'
Old 05-14-2003, 12:05 PM   #17  

Wow. The herd is really having a hard time.

My neighbor's darling little dog that looked just like Toto was hit and killed by a car this morning. The ppl who had hit her had stopped and my poor neighbor was just walking and had just seen her little puppy. So sad. Their yard isn't fenced, but this dog never went out in the road, until now.

Peaches, buying a house is a crazy making experience, but it will be worth it in the end. Maybe you could call a insulation contractor and ask what it would take to verify the rating of the insulation. And if it needs more insulation who pays? the seller I hope.

Sugar, you know you can't say that and just leave us hanging here. Now I'm going to have insomnia just worrying about you. You're our ray of sunshine.

Lush, 49 is good. If Oprah says 50 is the new 30, believe her. It won't hurt, even if it's bologna. Sorry your life is so stressful, sorry everybody's life is so stressful. We need a vacation. Let's all meet Kiwi in NC.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #18  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

The loan lady says she's contacting the appraiser and he should be able to give a rating on the insulation. It's just too much. I'm just one Peaches and not a very good one when it comes to this stuff. (color=newyork)

I am addicted to tortilla chips. Since I gave up sugar, I find less and less that's fun to eat. I know this breaks down to sugar too but what am I to do? Those fake-sugar thingies are groooossssss.(color=newjersey)

That's too sad about the puppy, Wab. I have a cat who smark except about cars and I worry about the move. He has to go outside. He's that kind of guy. i.e. obnoxious indoors. (color=sweden)

And poor little Lushmina!! People of all ages depending on her. I only have one age not appreciating me. How simple.(color=pennsylvania)

Sugar ... Stevie ... hmmm. Is this part of the story? (color=germany)

I have got to throw out stuff and pack!!! HeLP ME !!!!!! Thre is too much to do. I'm supposed to get house insurance and there's a story in the paper today about a proposed tax increase where I'm moviing. WHAAAAAAA (color=penicillen)

Last edited by Darling_Peaches; 05-14-2003 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:32 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
Use low fat dressing or would that ruin the taste?

I ate a ton a tortilla chips and salsa last night. Not getting on the scales this morning.

That's my fault. I'm a bad influence. I made the ranch dressing from the little packet, with mayo and 2% milk. So it must be low-fat, right?

Did you know that Bali bras are made by Sara Lee? Do you think they bought the Bali company because it fit well with their cheesecake line?

I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's stress. Poor little puppy too.

DH just bought the hugest guitar amp. He says he got a good deal on it. When we were talking about the possibility last night, I told him he needed to get a job. I have to do this occasionally to keep him in check -- you'd think he'd be spending less money while he's unemployed, wouldn't you? So later, he shows me the cover of a recent Newsweek with the headline: "She Works, He Doesn't".

He got the look. The I Can Squash You Look.

I have a nasty cold or something. I'm going back to bed.

Kiwi
Old 05-14-2003, 05:47 PM   #20  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

we all want to know what's up with sugar !!!! is it like when lush went to meet the pizza guy at her mother's gym???{or something like that???/} ----------------- DID ANYONE SEE THE EXTREME MAKEOVERS ON OPRAH?????????????????AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S SIGN UP!!!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 06:14 PM   #21  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

[size=4.5]This is ridiculous. I am checking in here every 15 minutes to find out the Sugar story. Why isn't she telling??? It must be exciting.

Kiwi ... bad influence. I'm thinking it out. Will you be a good influence and come help me pack?(color=africa)
[/size][size=4.5]

I had forgotten about Lush and that guy. It's probably like that. Also, didn't Kiwi have this shirtless come over to pretend he was gonna fix stuff? (color=asia)

DS had a big English project due today but thought it was Friday so didn't take it to school. It's a magazine based on To Kill a Mockingbird. Anyhow, to try to stop the teacher from deducting 20 points, he had me sign a paper saying he has been working on it but believed it was due Friday AND took it to the neighbor and had her notarize it. Good try however it turns out. (color = europe)
[/size]
Old 05-14-2003, 06:44 PM   #22  

Kiwi, did you tell him that it was impossible to work outside the home, what with your obligations to hang out here with us???? Besides, he wouldn't really want you to work because then he'd be stuck with all the mundane, time eating chores that we women have to do. Also it throws the whole Man-as-center-of-the-universe balance off.

I'm happy to hear you're the proud owner of a new amp. I'm the proud owner of a new fishing boat. I didn't even know I wanted it, or how much fun DH tells me it will be.

I think we should sign up as a group for the extreme makeovers. One for all and all for one. It would be terrible if only one of us was made over into a babe.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:59 AM   #23  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwonk

So later, he shows me the cover of a recent Newsweek with the headline: "She Works, He Doesn't".

Ha! That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard!

(color=Dogpatch)
Old 05-15-2003, 07:00 AM   #24  
Most boring housewife.

I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE THE UNIVERSE IN WHICH ONE OF OUR HUSBANDS WOULD CONSIDER THAT A POSSIBILITY.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:41 AM   #25  
fatter than U

Ok, here's the scoop. The butcher has confessed his feelings for me and is leaving his wife so he and I can run off together to Bavaria and open a hot dog stand. We're still working out the details. I'll keep you informed.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:07 AM   #26  
Most boring housewife.

Do they call them hot dogs in Bavaria?
Old 05-15-2003, 08:15 AM   #27  
fatter than U

No, they call them "heiße Würstchen" (color=meat by-products)

Last edited by SugP; 05-15-2003 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:43 PM   #28  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

IF YOU SPREAD SARS IN CHINA-------YOU MAY BE EXECUTED/!!!! I'D SAY THEY ARE A 'NO NONSENSE' KIND OF GOVERNMENT!!---I WONDER IF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BE FAT OVER THERE????
Old 05-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #29  

Quote:
IF YOU SPREAD SARS IN CHINA-------YOU MAY BE EXECUTED
Wonder what they cut off if you spread an STD????

You know, Lush, I work outside the home, if you want to call it that. It's supposed to be my day off, (I've hired a sweet girl to work every thursday), but she's preggers and she was spotting this morning so she had to go into the Dr.'s office. So here I am. Don't you think it was pretty stupid of me to hire someone to work for me who will have to quit by next month? She's due July 6th.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:19 PM   #30  
Most boring housewife.

Yes, Wabby, we've noticed this abnormality in you. We've been being sweet and ignoring it.
Closed Thread